The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

1 minute ago, SnT said:

Is ok... Slow n sweet. No need to rush... The last 9 episodes had kinda been stressful to watch. I m sure tonight 3 will not be so nice like the first 30 ish.. 

How many more episodes to go ? 

• Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

14 minutes ago, SheepMoon said:

Here comes the infamous divorce paper once again!

Ikr. I was like yawn. The scriptwriter seriously need to quit this career. 3 x in a same show when any sane persons in love like them would hv burn it after the first round. No logic why shiyi keep it.. From stabbing incidebt to consummation,  we know how much she loves houye. Why she still keep it baffles me. Its not a souvenir, for goodness sake. 

Edited by SnT
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
22 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did ShiYi get pregnant or have kids? I don't mind spoiler

Spoiler

She was pregnant when her head was almost chopped off....they only realised after she fainted during the execution. 

They have a daughter. I think that differs from novel. I thought a gal is perfect. Shiyi has such sweet relationship w her mum n xu family has 4 boys d. Houye need a princess. Haha... Supposedly they hv a son n daughter in the novel.. But i don read the novel. So someone else help confirm 9n the novel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, SnT said:
  Hide contents

She was pregnant when her head was almost chopped off....they only realised after she fainted during the execution. 

They have a daughter. I think that differs from novel. I thought a gal is perfect. Shiyi has such sweet relationship w her mum n xu family has 4 boys d. Houye need a princess. Haha... Supposedly they hv a son n daughter in the novel.. But i don read the novel. So someone else help confirm 9n the novel. 

Yes, according to the novel, that's what happens. 

Spoiler

The daughter is the one that was born in their older years (the son was surprised that Shiyi had another baby and even thought (at first) that the baby was conceived by a concubine).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Spoiler, please....What is the arrangement from HouYe and Shiyi for WenNiang???

For everyone for felt bad for Wen Niang, you'll be happy to know she gets a decent ending. 

Spoiler

Xu Ling Yi visits her in the Xu's countryside home (where Wen Niang was banished to after the embroidery-burning fiasco) and apologizes for 1) thinking she was the Ou spy and 2) not being able to truly take care of her as a husband over the years. He admits that he should have paid her more attention since he did marry her as his concubine, but also is honest in saying that he can't give her love (all his love belongs to you know who!). He tells her he wants to make it up to her by giving her a choice: she can either stay as part of the Xu household and won't have to worry for food or shelter, or she can go off and do something else with his blessing. She decides to go with her son to the far off province where he'll be attending their equivalent of boarding school. In the ending family banquet scene some years into the future, Wen Niang and Yu Ge aren't there but Xu Ling Yi has just heard that Yu Ge did well on the exam scholars take to become officials. So even though Wen Niang doesn't get the love of a husband, she does have her son near her and most likely a comfortable future with his support. 

Curious to hear what everyone thinks of our second male lead's ending.. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
57 minutes ago, panda-pop said:

For everyone for felt bad for Wen Niang, you'll be happy to know she gets a decent ending. 

yes im glad for the ending for Wen Niang to be honest....she wasnt the bad sort....and maybe she didnt think very far ahead however other than that....like @OsmanthusTea pointed out HouYe should shoulder the blame too.....

58 minutes ago, panda-pop said:

Curious to hear what everyone thinks of our second male lead's ending..

it could be worst...he is the kind of man that born into the wrong family...

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, SheepMoon said:
  Hide contents

Am I the only one who wants to know how she got saved from the execution stage? Did she really just fainted? I wanted some action scene with the houye riding in on a horse saying the emperor took back the crime!

Nope you r not the only one. I was wondering for the whole night. N my conclusion is she fainted n the knife miss her haha... Then they came w the news. Its stupid i know. But the only conclusion i can make. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

the ending has a lil lacking in sense.....it was loosely tie together

It’s usually happens to a drama that concluded the story in the last episode (this one in the middle of last episode)....They should had concluded it in episode 44 and tied the loose threads into neat bows in episode 45.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
On 3/28/2021 at 5:22 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

@Funnypeopleswimhe problem here is how HouYe totally disregard WenNiang as a mother of the child. He didn't even discusses it with her but asked the young son's approval and then informed her that her only son will be send away. But when it came to ShiYi's matters, he will goes out of his way to talks lengthy and arranges whatever it takes to suits her needs. In a way HouYe is like Madam Xu in playing favoritism. So who can blame the concubines' coup d'état? He should blames himself.

Umph.Houye has a reason/concern on why he wanted to send his son away(afraid his son would be intertwind with wenniang scheme and also education purposes).that era put an education as one of highest achievement and that why he reluctant to let fengching in non education concubine shiliu care.but his charater shows that he is very good in reading people and a smart guy(General with experience and tactical indeed) so as head of family he need to look on bigger picture of future xu family.my thought only.hahaha

• Like 1
On 3/28/2021 at 10:25 PM, SnT said:

And this madame xu is really terrible. She basically don see value in concubines n their kids. Like yuge must be separated from chunge. Shu child is so much lowered thsn di child..

N she wants to get him more concubines to hv children which she doesnt think highly off. If something happen to houye, wuye will take over as next houye n his di son will be next heir. So what's this hoohaas of having having more kids by concubines. So make sense right??? 

hahaha. you totally nail it down. so why concern with all those hoohaa hoohaa having many kids by concubines. hierarchy indeed

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

it could be worst...he is the kind of man that born into the wrong family...

Its kind of sad when i saw in the trailer when he said to shiniang about the faith that intertwind in their destiny that maybe he was the one will be her husband....

but for me only houye character and wisdom able to be the last puzzle that will fit shiniang perfectly.

like @JennyKimWOP said,shiniang seem was seeking safety rather that trust, to find an umbrella instead off shield because she has strong will.only experience or mature sort of husband can withstand and having back and forth discussion rather than yes lady.

Edited by Toby
  • Like 2