A Business Proposal 사내 맞선 [2022]

JenL

47 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Took me a while to remember what I had wanted to ask! Now I remember. @Tofu @JenL have you two adopted Kim Min Gyu (the smiles + dimples) are similar to your other adopted Oppa deul.

Besides Min Gyu who is the other guy with dimples?!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.

1 hour ago, Rina said:

Haha, it's actually guys (plural). @Tofu and @JenL share the same interest in a certain type of Oppa who possessed similar style sunny/bright smiles and dimples. They both like Jasper Liu, Nam Yoon Su and Chae Jong Hyeop. After this drama, you can come join us watching Chae Jong Hyeop and get to know him up close & personal... hahaha!

Oh oh, and Kim Se Jeong is confirmed to star with Nam Yoon Su next too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Took me a while to remember what I had wanted to ask! Now I remember. @Tofu @JenL have you two adopted Kim Min Gyu (the smiles + dimples) are similar to your other adopted Oppa deul.

Hahaha yes he's adopted! The first adoption of 2022! I could not resist after episode 7  :laugh::laugh::laugh: 

It's definitely the smile and the puppy dog looks. And maybe abs has had an influence on me, but I was also impressed in the drunken night scene :lenny:

But also he is incredibly cute when he smirks, finally understanding what her issues are :heart:

Yeah, I'm a little in love, ok? :heiboi:

Actually, I'm impressed you called it out awhile ago @mademoiselle. I think you tagged me but I'm not sure if I responded that day. Might have forgot since you've asked again.

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

This is only a 12-episode drama? So short... Alas... It's been my happy drama after the slightly stressful Twenty-Five Twenty-One on the weekend... Hahaha...

Hahaha I know - this is like all romancey and sweetness while Twenty Five Twenty One is ripping out my heart. But I still love it because I think I must be a sucker for torture :idk:

2 hours ago, Rina said:

Hahaha @Rina, no other people in Business Proposal...but @Tofu and I tend to like guys with dimpels and cute smiles. The kind that melt you like butter :heart:

Yeah, now that I think about it almost all my actor crushes are dimpley. :idk:

25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh oh, and Kim Se Jeong is confirmed to star with Nam Yoon Su next too.

YESSSS I SAW AND I AM SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY BECAUSE I LOVE THEM BOTH :wow2::wow2::wow2::wow2::wow2:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL :Party01: Hurray! Congratulations to Kim Min Gyu :yayaya:

I think at the time when I mentioned/asked (?) it was more of a prediction (before the drama airs...?) ever since I've figured out the similarities of the boys you two adopt and I had a hunch he fits the criteria, hehehehe. :heiboi: Playing Sung Hoon has made him quite adoptable but don't know why I haven't adopted him yet but he's definitely on the radar since I find him super duper cute since I first knew him in his past dramas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Haha, it's actually guys (plural). @Tofu and @JenL share the same interest in a certain type of Oppa who possessed similar style sunny/bright smiles and dimples. They both like Jasper Liu, Nam Yoon Su and Chae Jong Hyeop. After this drama, you can come join us watching Chae Jong Hyeop and get to know him up close & personal... hahaha!

I can't believe you left Kim Seon Ho off this list, though I know that he's had a recent scandal. 'Hometown Cha Cha Cha' was an explosion of dimples between Kim Seon Ho and Shin Mina.

I'm glad Kim Min Kyu is getting more recognition now. I think he's done a lot of smaller roles because I recognized his face, if not his name, when this cast was announced. He's turning in a really good performance as Cha Sung Hoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I can't believe you left Kim Seon Ho off this list, though I know that he's had a recent scandal. 'Hometown Cha Cha Cha' was an explosion of dimples between Kim Seon Ho and Shin Mina.

I'm glad Kim Min Kyu is getting more recognition now. I think he's done a lot of smaller roles because I recognized his face, if not his name, when this cast was announced. He's turning in a really good performance as Cha Sung Hoon.

Hahahaha he is but somehow @JenL and @Tofu are not head over heels over him! Girls, come explain to @stroppyse why Kim Seon Ho isn't in the same category as Nam Yoon Su, Jasper and Kim Min Gyu (I'm confused is his name Gue or Gyu/Kyu? I've never seen Gue before but recent articles have been spelling as Gue).

@Rina He can't be the only dimple guy you know! Surely there are other Oppa you like has dimples?

• Haha 3

@Rina He can't be the only dimple guy you know! Surely there are other Oppa you like has dimples?

Well, there are but only if they are not married they are my Oppas!:heiboi:

I drop one wef today...:laugh: Looking at you @Chocolate 

• Haha 3

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.

On 3/30/2022 at 9:16 PM, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha he is but somehow @JenL and @Tofu are not head over heels over him! Girls, come explain to @stroppyse why Kim Seon Ho isn't in the same category as Nam Yoon Su, Jasper and Kim Min Gyu (I'm confused is his name Gue or Gyu/Kyu? I've never seen Gue before but recent articles have been spelling as Gue).

Hahahaha, I have no idea! I do like him, but I like everyone else more. :laugh:

• Haha 1
On 3/30/2022 at 7:16 PM, mademoiselle said:

(I'm confused is his name Gue or Gyu/Kyu? I've never seen Gue before but recent articles have been spelling as Gue).

So Gyu = Kyu in Korean pronunciation. So, you could spell his English phoneticized name as Kim Min Kyu or Kim Min Gyu. However, I'm not sure where the "Gue" comes from since that would indicate a different pronunciation entirely. I can only surmise that it is to rhyme with the English word "cue" which is the same pronunciation as the English letter "Q".

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Thanks @stroppyse The Swoon is spelling it as Gue too. :idk: That's why I'm curious since I've always known the spelling can be either Gyu or Kyu. Are they perhaps now trying to spell it so that it's easier for foreigners can pronounce it..?

Maybe. Korean people tend to change up the way their names are spelled since a number of the consonants can fall in between 2 English consonants when they're pronounced.

For instance: Park is the same name as Bak, Lee is the same as Yi, Kwon is the same as Gwon. The only one that's kind of interesting is that there is a consonant that can be pronounced "s" or "sh" so Shin is the same as Sin, even though they are pronounced differently, it's represented by the exact same letter. The vowel diphthongs have even more variations in the way they are spelled.

I think the agencies have a hand in changing the spelling as well as they try to make it more accessible for overseas fans. For instance, for a long time, Korean names were written as 3 separate words, e.g. Kim Min Kyu. However, only the first name is the family/clan name, the next two words were their given names. I've seen more names now being written with their given name as either hyphenated (Min-kyu) or a single word (Minkuy). So, basically, there isn't really that much standardization in terms of how Korean names can be written in English.

Even more confusing, Korean are typically addressed by their full names, e.g. Kim Min Kyu (either with or without a title such as Mister), unless they are very close, e.g family or classmates, so then they may be called by their given name (Min Kyu) or just by one syllable with a familiar ending (Min-ah).

• Like 1