A Business Proposal 사내 맞선 [2022]

JenL

@mademoiselle I think AHS looks better with the hair down than combed to the side.

I haven't had time to watch today's episode, but I see they did decide to introduce the blind date with the cousin. I think I've mentioned it before but the timeline of the drama is a bit different from the webtoon. The blind date with the cousin happened before SH/YS slept together the second time. YS finding out that SH loves her is the reason they slept together a second time in the webtoon. Hahaha! 

From the clips I've seen of Taemu and Hari, they are looking very cute together. :wow:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
34 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I totally agree with you, and his face isn't bloated too so it's like extra extra good-looking.

You peeps talking about me?!

spacer.png

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.

@mademoiselle I find it hilarious when she goes between English and Korean. It's so unique to her character (she was dull in the manhwa). 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Question. Was Tae Mu meant to show Hari what he wrote here?

I think so. To be honest, I skipped some of their scenes and watched SH/YS instead. :lmao2:

• Haha 4
  • Shocked 1
4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I find it hilarious when she goes between English and Korean. It's so unique to her character (she was dull in the manhwa). 

I think so. To be honest, I skipped some of their scenes and watched SH/YS instead. :lmao2:

Same! I kind of abuse the ffwd button..ha!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.

Hello it's me the thread creator who has barely written in this thread :smile:

But actually I really really like this drama. I've just been pretty busy (coming up with theories for Twenty Five Twenty One :lol:) that I didn't catch up on this till yesterday when I was sick and marathoned all the episodes. I am really strongly into the second couple especially Kim Min Gue. That man is totally hot. I had a fever yesterday (coz I just got my booster shot) while watching and I got to episode 7 and felt my temperature spike up to epic proportions when he was telling Young Seo that he'd make sure she would never forget a night with him again :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He's just so hot :wow: 

But I also love the main couple as well. There's something so charming and webtoony about their actions. It's tropey, but like all the tropes are done right. I also like that they clearly play on all the tropes by having a TV show that mirrors the story and by pointing out that things are so ridiclous themselves :lenny: Also Kim Se Jeong is soooo good as a rom com lead. I'm looking forward to her future projects especially because she's paired with Nam Yoon Su :heart:

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I totally agree with you, and his face isn't bloated too so it's like extra extra good-looking.

Is it terrible if I say I do feel like it's often a biit bloated though? :idk:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Haven't watched today's episode, but I did enjoy ep 9. I also think the 2nd Couple are a lot of fun to watch. Plus, they've actually gotten the steamy scenes, and the love triangles (YS-TM-SH and YS-SH-YS's cousin). The OTP are cute as well, but their romance still feels a bit stiff to me, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. They have their own issues to get through, namely TM's grandfather and the lies that HR and TM had told him when they were fake dating.

I totally understood YS' distress at finding out that SH had gone to the blind date instead of TM, albeit to let her know that TM wasn't interested, not to mention SH hiding the drunk cousin in his flat, however, I still pity SH for setting up a meeting between YS and his mother only to have YS leave like that. Though actually, I could see why SH didn't mention the blind date meeting, but I'm not sure why he wouldn't have told YS about the blind date woman being in his apartment. I guess it would have meant that he would have had to tell her everything, but seriously, it's not as if SH had done anything wrong.

Anyway, this drama is my relaxation after work these days, so I'm looking forward to watching ep 10 later today. Hope it stays good!

• Like 4

@stroppyse

Main couple is cute but second couple have more natural flows and chemistry. They are more enjoyable to watch not necessarily because of the steamy scenes (I’m not complaining though since I’m all about everything steamy :PsyWhat: including steamed buns).

This drama is a feel good drama without nothing much going on except sugar overload. It’s seems to be a trend at the moment in both Cdrama n Kdrama. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

This drama is a feel good drama without nothing much going on except sugar overload. It’s seems to be a trend at the moment in both Cdrama n Kdrama. 

I wonder if that is a reaction to all the things going on in the world right now: pandemic, war, SK electing a misogynistic and corrupt president, democracy under threat in America, etc., etc. It's the reason why I'm drawn to the lighter dramas right now. Or horror fantasy since zombies aren't really a thing so I don't have to worry about equating it to the actual horrors in the real world. Meaning, I notice that I'm watching either lighter dramas or horror dramas, and not much in-between.

7 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Main couple is cute but second couple have more natural flows and chemistry. They are more enjoyable to watch not necessarily because of the steamy scenes (I’m not complaining though since I’m all about everything steamy :PsyWhat: including steamed buns).

I agree. Though, honestly, I'm happy the romances are progressing at all! For awhile there, I was rooting for more bromance and sismance than actual romance. :lmao2:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
4 hours ago, Rina said:

Ep 10 = 11.6% (same as ep 9)

Next week last 2 episodes. 
What will ratings be for the finale?

It's the final episodes already? Maybe that's good since it means we'll only have a little bit of angst. It seems the chairman doesn't want HR to be dating his grandson, however, it seems as if the chairman really does love his grandson, so once he understands how much HR and TM mean to each other, he will probably back off and be happy that his grandson wants to get married after all.

What I'm curious about from the preview is HR's mother being so upset with TM.

• Like 3

Preview for episode 11. It's going to be an angsty one.

Translation:

Chairman: How dare you come here?
HR: Oh no! Tae Mu’s identity has been exposed even.
YS: Should you be worrying about Tae Mu? (me: YS means that HR needs to worry about herself. Something bad must have happened to HR.)
Man: Does President Kang Tae Mu know that she was two timing him?
Team Leader: They said that we should completely stop the work that we’re doing.
TM: You should have told me about it!
TM: That is, mother - (me: "Mother" is a common term to respectfully address the mother of a friend or girlfriend.)
HR’s Mother: Mother? Who are you calling “mother”? (me: HR's mother is not happy with TM and doesn't even want to be addressed in that close manner.)
Chairman: Turn in your resignation. Then leave.

In addition to the chairman finding out that HR had been lying to him as GH and dating TM, I think a scandal breaks out somehow, possibly about HR and MW, with HR being presented as two-timing MW and TM. Anyway, HR and her team seem to shut down at work since the Chairman is upset at HR. HR may have lost her job or been censured.

However, TM gets better and finds out about what HR is going through, so goes to HR's house to apologize and make things right. I'm not sure that HR's mother knows that HR was dating TM, but she's clearly not a huge fan of TM, the president of the company that is making things hard on her daughter.

It's also not clear who the chairman is ordering to resign and leave. My first thought was that it was to HR, but it might also be to TM for lying to him, or SH for being more loyal to TM than to the chairman.

Anyway, it seems as if it will be angsty, but with only 2 episodes left, it shouldn't last too long. Whew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Tofu said:

I actually really love it that she switches between English and Korean to add uniqueness and colour into her character, including her mum. LOL! Like they want to emphasize their characters similarity as a show-off that they've been overseas or something like that.

Aish aish, you and @Rina this show is totally an OK not to skip! I like both OTPs. Main OTP in episode 10 is adorable and cute - I really like the part that Hari was trying to distract Tae Mu from the rain and he notices it and sweetly gave her a kiss. :pandalove:

18 hours ago, JenL said:

Is it terrible if I say I do feel like it's often a biit bloated though? 

Hahaha no, you weren't wrong. In episode 9, some scenes of him he was still bloated.

BTS

OST

• Like 1
  • Haha 2