A Business Proposal 사내 맞선 [2022]

JenL

On 3/10/2022 at 12:10 AM, abs-oluteM said:

@Chocolate Do you recognise the guy playing Min Woo? He was Haram's right hand man in The Red Sky. The actor and AHS are from the same agency. 

No wonder he looked so familiar.

On 3/10/2022 at 9:26 AM, Rina said:

Ep 4 = 8.7%  

10% = we will get AHS and KSJ singing!

Apparently KSJ sang one of the CLOY OSTs. Is she a professional singer?

Spoiler

On 3/13/2022 at 4:11 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

While I like Lee Se-jeong very muchly here, I really don't find Ahn Hyeo-seop's tsundere act very convincing. He's much better when he's not trying to be a jerk and when he's showing signs of falling for Ha-ri. In general, I think the women are doing better in the acting stakes than the lads. 

Agree that AHS is a weak link here. But for me, it's his acting skills and not the character. I love it when the guy is a jerk but falls in love. Then he does everything for his woman. Who cares if he continues to be nasty to everyone else hahaha? Hyun Bin did it wonderfully in Secret Garden. Actually, the whole time I watch this drama, I keep telling myself, if only HB was here 😭😂

Was her eyelashes tickling his nose? lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Oh good @Chocolate you're still watching! Come share your thoughts more!

---

The highlight part of the Netflix promo when the casts were asked which couple they ship.

AHS to KSJ: "Don't you have me?"

11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Apparently KSJ sang one of the CLOY OSTs. Is she a professional singer?

Yes she is. She was in Produce 101.

11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Agree that AHS is a weak link here. But for me, it's his acting skills and not the character. I love it when the guy is a jerk but falls in love. Then he does everything for his woman. Who cares if he continues to be nasty to everyone else hahaha? Hyun Bin did it wonderfully in Secret Garden. Actually, the whole time I watch this drama, I keep telling myself, if only HB was here

I actually don't think Tae Mu is a jerk character. You should see Crazy Love (Kim Jae Wook and Krystal). Man, he IS super jerky in episode 1. So much so that I dropped it. LOL.

Wasn't HB also a bit of a jerk in Jekyll and Hyde too? And hahaha, now that I think about it, so was he in MotA especially when he berated Hyo Joo at the end of episode 1.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

They have great chemistry together as a group. :heart:

@Chocolate She's an idol and a pretty good singer. I think she sings quite a bit of OSTs after her group disband a few years ago. 

For those watching 2521, Kim Sejeong covered the song the drama is based on awhile back. 

Spoiler

And if you're someone who likes Eric Chou, she even covered his famous song (Unbreakable Love), hahaha!

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@Tofu I love Eric Chou’s Unbreakable Love! :heart: And KSJ did a good cover.

Now we wait for AHS and KSJ duet!

@abs-oluteM thanks for sharing the preview! My girl crush looks hot! She rocks the short hair look!

Edited by Rina
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.

14 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Agree that AHS is a weak link here. But for me, it's his acting skills and not the character. I love it when the guy is a jerk but falls in love. Then he does everything for his woman. Who cares if he continues to be nasty to everyone else hahaha? Hyun Bin did it wonderfully in Secret Garden. Actually, the whole time I watch this drama, I keep telling myself, if only HB was here 😭😂

Yeah, but Hyun Bin is one of the best actors of his generation and the master of tsundere. :laugh:

I'm willing to cut AHS a bit of slack here because the show moves along at a good pace so it more or less makes up for the deficiencies in his acting. Now that Tae-mu has clearly fallen hard for Ha-ri, it's less of an issue for me. I don't have a problem with the character because I expect him to go through that kind of trajectory but let's face it, not everybody can pull off tsundere without becoming wooden. In AHS' case there's often a mismatch between his expressions and what the scene demands in that moment.

All criticism aside, I do like the chemistry and interactions between the leads especially in those quiet intimate moments when they go "off-script "and behave like real people rather than cartoon characters. Tae-mu shows that he's genuinely interested in who Ha-ri is and Ha-ri has a space to be herself. The lack of pretence in such instances serves them both well. Those are the moments where the real magic of the show comes to the fore. Prevarications complicated their relationship unnecessarily and it's been hard for both of them to make that shift without some kind of cover story. But a relationship not built on honesty is doomed for failure. The transition will be necessarily difficult in this instance because of how it all began for them and of course grandpa's part in all of this as the catalyst. Even though the falsehoods were done in the name of humour and complication at first the story cannot proceed without everyone who was party to the lies taking some responsibility and 'fessing up to it. Although I feel a little sorry for Grandpa who is still in the dark over everything, it was him putting undue pressure on Tae-mu which started this ball rolling in all kinds of nutty directions. That's the negative side to this but the positive side is that two people who were in all likelihood bound to meet at some point because of their jobs did meet in highly unorthodox fashion first. It's all moot of course. But there's a sense in this show that when people are in a hurry, there's a tendency to put the cart before the horse.

I am also very keen to see what happens with the Tae-mu, Ha-ri and Min-woo dynamic because that certainly offers juicy storytelling possibilities. I have my own ideas of why Min-woo would get territorial when he had plenty of time to get his act together. But it's probably the case that many people just don't appreciate what they have until they are about to lose it. I also think it explains his very volatile relationship with Yoo-ra. The on, off again relationship shows a kind of double-mindedness in one of the parties involved.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

The Line Couple chemistry both on/off screen is great!

SIA is such a bubbly happy soul who makes co-star soft/shy KMK roll out with laughter! :lmao2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Hope...

3 hours ago, Rina said:

SIA is such a bubbly happy soul who makes co-star soft/shy KMK roll out with laughter!

I love their energy together!! Everyone needs a friend like her who lighten up the mood and makes you laugh. 

@abs-oluteM Those comments they made about things be sweeter/hotter is very true. Things will start to heat up for Taemu and Hari, but Sunghoon and Youngseo will always be a step ahead. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
42 minutes ago, Tofu said:

but Sunghoon and Youngseo will always be a step ahead.

Saw a post saying the PD saw AHS's comment about this that he said he's going to re-edit their scenes. xDDD

We shall see because Lee Se Young totally trolled us before.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 1
14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Think the PD saw AHS's comment about this that he said he's going to re-edit their scenes. xDDD

We shall see because Lee Se Young totally trolled us before.

Or maybe PD will reshoot their “sweet” scene! :btsjklove:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hope...

For you @Rina they are so cute off air too

Some subbed videos from their interviews for AHS & KSJ

Spoiler

The subbed version of the interview all 4 did a while back

Spoiler

The full NF interview

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Caught up on this drama as well. It's cute. I like the friendship between HR and YS a lot.

Also, not sure if this has been posted already, but here it is anyway.

It has subs on it if you turn it on.

One thing that the subs don't convey when they're talking. Both girls address AHS and KMG as "oppa" when referring to them or talking to them. AHS also calls KMG "hyung".  Though KSJ calls SIA by name rather than as "unni", so I think they may have just decided to be friends despite their year age difference. Also, AHS and KMG talk about and to the girls very informally which is kind of cute.

Anyway, the cast has become pretty close, which is perhaps to be expected since they are all pretty close in age.

• Thanks 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Thanks for the explanation @stroppyse

Pre-released for tonight 

Frankly I don’t understand why MW is jealous. I thought he was the one who wanted her to date. Didn’t he buy the concert tickets asking her to go with a special someone ? 

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Frankly I don’t understand why MW is jealous. I thought he was the one who wanted her to date. Didn’t he buy the concert tickets asking her to go with a special someone?

It’s not uncommon, even in real life and between platonic friends. For years, you’ve been the closest. Suddenly, someone appears and you may no longer be No 1 in her life.

MW was back with his ex, and he naturally wanted Hari to be happy too. But when he thought she really was seeing someone, it started him thinking.  I think in some of the earlier scenes, his expression when someone brought up his girlfriend seemed to give the impression things are not going so well in their relationship.

And Tae Moo is such a good catch, it is hard for another man to accept too.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
6 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

at some angle AHS reminds me of JunHo lols

Imo AHS is more handsome than Junho but Junho is a better actor than AHS.

Both oppas are fine with me! :laugh:

• Haha 4

Hope...