A Business Proposal 사내 맞선 [2022]

JenL

The 1st episode was whole lot of fun. Props especially to Kim SeJeong. Her comedic timing is very good and it goes well against AHS's more restrained persona. To an extent she injects a lot of energy into her scenes, and I would say the 1st eps may have been very flat without her. I cracked up when she named her boobs Samantha and Rachel. I also like the interactions between HaRi and Yeong Seo - they don't overshadow each other which is important as Yeong Seo will also have her own development & I won't want her to feel like just a side character.

They got down straight into business with the grandfather setting Tae Moo up on blind dates. HR needing the money that YS is willing to give her , takes YS's place as expected. Discovering only during the date that Tae Moo is her new CEO, she tried to make herself as unattractive as possible by being as trashy as possible. :laugh: Unfortunately it didn't work. In fact Tae Moo found her an amusing character and decided that he's going to marry to her to save himself the trouble of going for more blind dates. So this is where the fun will begin as she continues to try and discourage him. But part of me thinks that the more she rejects him, the more motivated he is to get her to agree as you can see Tae Moo is goal oriented and loves a challenge.

It is not only the 1st romance that had their introduction. Yeong Seo and Sung Hoon had their 1st interaction with Yeong Seo falling in love at first sight. Apart from that, we also got a peek into HR's world - her family who runs a friend chicken shop and her long time crush Min Soo who owns a fine dining place and who's pretty much friend zoned her.

Looking forward to eps 2 ...more stills

FMvWGhDagAEHU6s?format=png&name=900x900

Considering that he saw her name tag...I wonder if he made the connection that YS is HR? 

PS22030100026.jpg

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

20 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh yay! New drama! I need some getaway from real life and this is perfect for tonight!

It's enjoyable and not heavy. 

Preview with subs

pre-released with subs

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM I just finished episode 1. It is FUN! I like it and enjoy it lots. Love the comic CG too. Hehe.

468f402fef72dc59de9c421e72ee89c76549e760

2a3df20f30f126722d75dad8af1eaf3484e3bc9b

I even like the second female lead in here... thank god... coz I've never seen a drama where she played likable character. But here's she's really good and natural with Se Jong.

And I've to summon @ktcjdrama because her adopted cute bodyguard Oppa has transformed into Kim Se Jong's little brother. It's THREEEEEE good looking Oppa, not TWO! :wow2:

8892f3f0a1f763104c98815c9c1e2bef3d9ead50

It looks like in episode 2, Ahn Hyo Seop will find out she's a fake based on the preview... so maybe perhaps that's why he made a business proposal with her since he can't be bothered wasting more time on a blind date. Plus grandpa seems to just want him to have someone, and not really looking for someone matching their spec or wealth.

LOL, two of my fave scenes are these:

Spoiler

Samantha & Rachael

a97457e89d58c81b217d75432a2eeb3fc99a6127

Spoiler

94a6213cce33455eb4b2091c64c21b3f9b4c59db

Tagging @stroppyse too. You wanted fun and light drama and I think this meets the criteria.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 2

Based on my extensive experience reading trashy romances:

• Here is a young, rich, handsome and smart guy whom every woman wants to marry. He is not looking for love and doesn't expect to find it because he thinks all women are the same and only attracted to his wealth.
  • Then comes a woman who is... not normal. She says outrageous things. He is surprised. But he sees her leg nervously twitching and aha, knows she is not as assured as she seems. He is amused and decides to play with her. This is the first sign - that he entertains her antics.
  • Now he wants to marry her. In all the books I've read, no woman can make such a man do it if he was not willing. This is the second sign - subconsciously, he already liked her. He just doesn't know it yet.
  • Then she rejects him. In chinese, we say 高招. That's how a woman hooks such a man. She is different. And this gets his attention. It is refreshing. He says, ok, let's go on 10 dates. 10!!! This is the 3rd sign. He's a dead man 😂

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Considering that he saw her name tag...I wonder if he made the connection that YS is HR?

I don't think so. It's too soon. But this is a plus - because he already thinks HR is capable in her work.

How many episodes is this drama?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

ahahaha I believe you! You are spot on with your points.

In fact eps 2 would confirm that . I went through some spoilers and summary is this:

Spoiler

NF has dropped the episode. Will be back with more thoughts later

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Have to go back annd read everyone's comments but this is surprisingly good! I was undecided about whether or not I'd enjoy this one due to the stereotypical romance storyline and sub par posters, but so far it's sooooo fun. I'm loving the comic elements as well as the humour :wow:

Episode 1

I love Kim Sejeong. She's quite cute and funny and I find that she's pulling a good balance of likeable and silly at the same time. Totally agree that she's good with the comedic timing and expressions. I think she's quite an animated person so she shines in this. :BulbaOWO: 

I also wanted to say I had no idea Byung Chan was going to be in this seriies...haha these on screen siblings are such a stunning idol pair :wow: 

And if you add in both second leads, this is an incredibly good looking cast! I'm not a huge AHS fan, though I think he is really suited for the cold tsundere CEO role. But damn I'm liking KMG the seond lead. I realised I've never seen him before because he's always done projects that I've actively avoided - Backstreet Rookie, Nevertheless, So I Married an Anti-Fan, Snowdrop - His past projects are like a list of dramas I've not been intereted in at all :laugh:

In terms of the actual storyline, it's got a fun fast comic pacing. I love that they do those ridiculous type scenes like when she was thinking about her male friend had put her out of the friendzone, I love that her best friend was in the background tellnig her to run to him. So silly, but funny as well :laugh: And then the outfits and the trying to be a turn off was funny as well - I do feel like asking a guy to get a room with you is not actually going to put him off though since he'd probably feel like he was going to get something out of it? :lenny:

I love that he's so decided on his marriage chhoice though. If only everyone had that sense of certainty in theiir dating lives :lol:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

21 minutes ago, JenL said:

In terms of the actual storyline, it's got a fun fast comic pacing. I love that they do those ridiculous type scenes like when she was thinking about her male friend had put her out of the friendzone, I love that her best friend was in the background tellnig her to run to him.

Yes , I love the pace (12 eps dramas are the way to go)  and the effect they put in. It gives you that webtoon feel
This  is not a drama that is to be taken too seriously  and that's perfect for Mondays!  It has that old school kdrama rom-com sort of vibe don't you think?  But still feels quite fresh. 

Preview

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

• Here is a young, rich, handsome and smart guy whom every woman wants to marry. He is not looking for love and doesn't expect to find it because he thinks all women are the same and only attracted to his wealth.
  • Then comes a woman who is... not normal. She says outrageous things. He is surprised. But he sees her leg nervously twitching and aha, knows she is not as assured as she seems. He is amused and decides to play with her. This is the first sign - that he entertains her antics.
  • Now he wants to marry her. In all the books I've read, no woman can make such a man do it if he was not willing. This is the second sign - subconsciously, he already liked her. He just doesn't know it yet.
  • Then she rejects him. In chinese, we say 高招. That's how a woman hooks such a man. She is different. And this gets his attention. It is refreshing. He says, ok, let's go on 10 dates. 10!!! This is the 3rd sign. He's a dead man 😂

So is this the recipe we need to follow to attract rich CEO husbands? :laugh:

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I also like the interactions between HaRi and Yeong Seo - they don't overshadow each other which is important as Yeong Seo will also have her own development & I won't want her to feel like just a side character.

I like this too. It feels like you're just watching 2 romances happen instead of side characters beinf squished in because they need a subplot. :BulbaOWO:

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I even like the second female lead in here... thank god... coz I've never seen a drama where she played likable character. But here's she's really good and natural with Se Jong.

I've never seen this second lead before, but I agree - she has a very natural bestie vibe with KSJ which adds to the story :wow:

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL, two of my fave scenes are these:

Your favourite scenes are my favourite scenes for sure! I laughed when he fake laughed and turned around - all of them are pretty good with their comedic timing and expressions! :1000:

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes , I love the pace (12 eps dramas are the way to go)  and the effect they put in. It gives you that webtoon feel
This  is not a drama that is to be taken too seriously  and that's perfect for Mondays!  It has that old school kdrama rom-com sort of vibe don't you think?  But still feels quite fresh. 

Totally agree. I think the 10-13 episode dramas are often higher quality since there's less fillers and draggy storylines. This series is also definitely fun and colourful and webtoon-y. And I get what you mean about old school too. But old school in a modern way? Even though the CEO seems cold, so far he doesn't actually seem like a jerky character either....just very amused by everyone below him :laugh::CharmanderYay:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Eps 2 was also very enjoyable.  The tropes are plentiful but they are well-executed, and the plot isn't trying to pretend to be some sort of healing slice of life or melodrama with strong message. It is straight up rom-com and so with that sort of viewing lens it isn't hard for me to find it charming. 

Again, I have to say Kim Se Jeong is very good & is the star of this show for me. Her presence lights up the scenes. Possibly because her character is written to my taste and likeable. She's practical, quick thinking and isn't some sort of saint. AHS is not bad but still needs to grow into the role because I think he is not as natural as SeJeong when it comes to this sort of physical comedy ( loved him more in  melodramas like in The Red Sky and Dr Romantic). Visuals are of course to my taste. :laugh: His character is quite a nice departure from the usual chaebol jerk. He's driven and pragmatic, but has some interesting quirks like cleaning and cooking to destress which again is very practical.  (Though I feel sorry for Sec Cha who clearly has no personal time or space!)

So what is it that will her compel her to say yes? His arm twisting or the $$ ? 

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Film making

If you watch this Marie Claire video, you can see that their real life personas are quite similar to the characters they play here. KSJ is a happy virus & extroverted. AHS more reserved 

• Like 5

Ahn Hyo Seop looks like Archaeopteryx... AHAHAHAHAHA :lmao2:

I love how angry he is being described as Archaeopteryx.

Anyway, where do I sign up for a man like him? I'd purposely stress him out so he'd clean and cook! @SilverMoonTea That prawn dish looks delicious.

I think Tae Moo and Secretary Cha might be friends @abs-oluteM, seeing how he dares to tease Tae Moo. :laugh: Plus who the hell would let their boss into their house and clean? Sec Cha looks too non-chalant for being a mere employee. Confirm this please, @Tofu. Are they perhaps friends since high school or Uni? Did grandpa Kang supported Sec Cha when he's young?

I wasn't happy with Yeong Seo betraying Ha Ri but their friendship and scenes are just so lovable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

I just watched the Marie Claire video, @abs-oluteM

I can imagine if these two get together, Se Jeong would be the chatty one and Hyo Seop is the listener :lmao2:

She's very bright and bubbly. Hyo Seop is more quiet and easily shy and feel uneasy kind. Maybe give him some alcohol he'll warm up type :laugh: Wonder how he's like when he hangs out with buddy Rowoon. Hehehe. Will he be chattier or a listener since Rowoon is super good at being chatty :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

My favourite couple ~ the drunk duo!

Young Seo's legs! :laugh:

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I think you'll adopt Sec Cha. He's got that bright big smile and dimples too.

JYS : Noooooooo...Sec Cha is mine!

Edited by Rina
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.

On 3/1/2022 at 3:51 PM, mademoiselle said:

And I've to summon @ktcjdrama because her adopted cute bodyguard Oppa has transformed into Kim Se Jong's little brother. It's THREEEEEE good looking Oppa, not TWO!

:wow2: I didn't know he will be in this one...!! Thanks for tagging me @mademoiselle Wasn't really planning on watching this because I'm so busy these days, but I've heard good stuff about how fun the drama is. And with this added reason, I might have to check it out this weekend. Yeah, sadly I really-really must-must exercise self-control and watch only come this weekend. As it is, I'm already putting Forecasting and Grid on hold first.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Sec Cha looks too non-chalant for being a mere employee. Confirm this please, @Tofu. Are they perhaps friends since high school or Uni? Did grandpa Kang supported Sec Cha when he's young?

From what I can remember, Haraboji brought Sunghoon to live with them when he was in his teens (either middle or high school). I think Sunghoon is the son of someone who worked for the company. Taemu and Sunghoon grew up together, so they are both. They have a CEO/Secretary relationship and they are friends. Sunghoon really like Taemu but he's always "Mr. Cool" so he shows his affections towards Sunghoon in other ways. I think the cleaning of the apartment is specific to the drama along with the comment about Taemu looking like an archaeopteryx. I don't remember those two happening in the manhwa and Sunghoon also did not live in the same apartment as Young Seo.

I watched the first two episodes and they were really enjoyable and fun! Kim Sejeong definitely brought Hari to life! I'm still undecided about Ahn Hyo Seop as Taemu. His version of Taemu is a little different from the manhwa's Taemu. I'm interested to see how AHS is going to say all those cringey lines Taemu has though. Hahaha!

By the way, in the manhwa, Hari actually says that her name is "Kim Shin" which is Gong Yoo's character's name in Goblin. :lmao2:

@Rina @abs-oluteM In case you both wanted to know the kind of 29+ scene SBS will probably not show, it is in the spoiler tag. There were two of these scenes for them. :laugh:

Spoiler

1.jpg

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 5