A Business Proposal 사내 맞선 [2022]

JenL

@Chocolate You can read the webtoon on Tapas: https://tapas.io/series/a-business-proposal/info. That's the original website the English translation is uploaded on, but I think you have to pay for the last couple of chapters. Honestly, if you searched the name, you'll probably find a few different places with the completed series. Although, there is an English translation of the Korean text and then there is an English translation of the Chinese translation of the Korean text. You can tell the difference because in the English translation of the Chinese translation, the characters have Chinese names. 

I love hearing River Flows in You every time it's used in a drama/movie....anything. I would love to see the BTS of AHS playing this! I hope SBS filmed it. 

Going into the last four episodes, I am looking forward to Haraboji's scenes the most. I really hope the drama include them (and do not try to change them too) because he is the best -- he will purposely oppose their relationship just so they will go fishing, play this one game, and watch dramas with him. :lmao2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

What is this about people in Asian dramas and the invasion of other people's privacy? What the heck was Min-woo doing?

That was the 1st thing that came to my mind. No matter how close he is to HR, don't think he should be reading her stuff. I was also wondering how the whole office got wind of TaeMu's blind date? Did granddad just announce it to the whole world? Anyhow it got me curious who Yeong So's cousin ended up meeting ! 

So the beauty of a 12-episode drama is that what happened at the end of episode 8 may not happened if we had 16 episodes. I really like the pacing of this show and that things don't drag out too much. It is fortunate that we have 2 romances that are equally interesting to me. But I do understand from what @Tofu there's actually a lot more to the story if based on the webtoon- so they may not cover everything then. 

The only thing that seems to be going round and round is that HR & TM's true identities keep getting covered up. Granddad has yet to know about HR being the actual Geum Hui. And now we have HR's family thinking that TM is her colleague from the same department. 

AHS playing the piano ...he was so young then. He looks better now :laugh:

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So the beauty of a 12-episode drama is that what happened at the end of episode 8 may not happened if we had 16 episodes. I really like the pacing of this show and that things don't drag out too much. It is fortunate that we have 2 romances that are equally interesting to me. But I do understand from what @Tofu there's actually a lot more to the story if based on the webtoon- so they may not cover everything then. 

For me, this is probably the best part of this show. Everything moves just that much faster and there's no protracted push and pull or misunderstandings. For which I am grateful. All the tropey stuff though glaring don't last a long time. It's a big selling point (something the C drama industry should sit up and take note. I was having a conversation with someone on MDL who said that people want more episodes because they want more lovey dovey scenes. Well, the truth is I've never seen any Asian drama up to now that is extended because the director is generously fan servicing with the sugar. It's always angst, trials and tribulations before the happily-ever-after. It's the heartbreaking stuff that goes on seemingly endlessly and then 1 episode (if we're lucky) of goodies. There's a philosophy and playbook behind this. So yes, all this to say that the shorter the better because there's no way Asian drama writers will give up the chance to pile on conflict and angst where possible.

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The only thing that seems to be going round and round is that HR & TM's true identities keep getting covered up. Granddad has yet to know about HR being the actual Geum Hui. And now we have HR's family thinking that TM is her colleague from the same department. 

Nice observation.

The bit where they lied about Tae-mu's being Gye Bin was not a happy moment for me. I know why they did it and it was to set up the humorous moment where Mum tells Tae-mu that Ha-ri complained about him ("the president") being mean and overworking her without knowing who she's really talking to. But I'm over the falsehoods. I was hoping they were now at a place that lies and jumping to wrong conclusions have become unnecessary. 

Although I think curmudgeon Grandpa is adorably funny on some level, this whole thing began when he put undue pressure on Tae-mu to hurry up and perpetuate the family bloodline. I thought it was interesting that even his friends knew that he was being  pushy with his grandson. They know him well enough that their teasing wasn't a joke at all. Also interesting is the colleague's comment to Gye Bin's remark that rich people don't marry the people they date. Her response was something I would say, "What is this? Are we still living in Joseon?" In fact it is exactly what I would say whenever the class based distinctions come up in these conversations. Apparently it's also what's driving Grandpa of late to make strategic marital alliances with the code switching mother and daughter pair.

I mention this too because this show seems on some level to be a repudiation of that kind of thinking. It's not just a Cinderella story of a type but it's a rejection of a technocratic elitism that acts as gatekeepers against social mobility. Dali and the Cocky Prince was also doing something similar. 

• Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

They are so cute! 

The original video. 

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Rina said:

ahn hyoseop - intp

kim sejeong - entp

kim mingue - enfp

seol inah - infj

Kim Min Kyu's and Seol In Ah's surprised me. I expected them to be the opposite. Haha! 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2