A Business Proposal 사내 맞선 [2022]

JenL

It's so funny my TL today was filled with repeated posts of both OTP's kiss scenes! More of second OTP than main though because theirs were hotter with everyone swooning how hot it was when Sung Hoon removed his glasses :lmao2:

@Tofu I saw some snippets of the manhwa/webtoon (?) on Twitter for Line couple. It will most definitely crack our screens if it was played out although I was kind of cringing at the drawings. Hahahahahaha.

The lip service

That said, I can't believe the hot scene was only in a quick flashback! By the way, Kim Min Kyu reminds me of Clark Kent. LOL LOL LOL... he's got that face shape/jawline and with last night's glasses on, he's totally a Clark!

Haraboji is so cute in this episode. Wanting to hit Tae Mu thinking he was two-timing his future daughter-in-law :lmao2:

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Same, I loved this too!! Taemu never once thought about the difference in their social status. He simply found Hari to be charming, unpredictable, and adorable. Even when he found out she was an employee, that did not stop him from liking her. 

Actually, in the webtoon, Minwoo referred to Hari as being easy. He asked if Taemu was with her because she's easy. It rattled Taemu so much, he let Minwoo have a piece of his mind. 

That is absolutely revolting stuff coming out of the mouth of a man that was once beloved by the female lead. I certainly hope that drama Min-woo is classier than that. I don't need him to turn into a complete villain to root for Tae-mu. I already do anyway because Tae-mu has demonstrated unequivocally how far he will go for Ha-ri. It's enough for me that Tae-mu is steadfast and completely upfront.

The thing is... when you snooze, you lose. If for 7 years Min-woo couldn't make up his mind with any clarity what was right under his nose, he doesn't have any right to be rude about it. If he really cared about Ha-ri without any other ulterior motive, he would have posed the question differently. "Do you really like Ha-ri? She's an old friend. I don't want to see her get hurt." Instead he sounded like a snob and impugned Tae-mu's integrity as a man. The implication was exactly what Tae-mu said: Ha-ri isn't good enough for the CEO of a large corporation. Even if let's say for argument's sake that Min-woo means well and all the words came out badly, I'd like to add that just because he can't imagine somebody else (especially who is well-educated and wealthy) genuinely liking simple, good-hearted Ha-ri for who she is, nobody can. 

Judging from Yoo-ra's reaction, I think we can be sure that Min-woo is being unduly territorial. I think she always suspected that there was something going on between them in between their on-off relationship. I don't want to be too judgemental of Min-woo but the way he was acting on the catamaran was really not becoming of someone who is sensitive of his girlfriend's feelings.

I think too that Episode 7 showed a deliberate contrast of the two relationships. Tae-mu and Ha-ri vs Min-woo and Yoo-ra. The first dynamic which is supposed to be a fake romance, is actually grounded in genuine regard. When Tae-mu told his story about how he fell for Ha-ri -- they weren't lies at all. He did like her straight away and he did like her forthrightness. That's why even Ha-ri thought he sounded truthful... because what he said was actually the truth from his perspective. The other relationship on the other hand is supposed to be the legit one but one senses that Min-woo hasn't been that forthcoming with Yoo-ra or himself for that matter. He might just be emotional cheating on Yoo-ra? 

For years Ha-ri was pining for Min-woo. Superficially I can see why. But she didn't know any better being experienced in such matters so she just waited for him to finally realise that she was there all along. She gave many good years to listening to being Min-woo's confidant with none of the benefits of being a girlfriend. That's all she has known. So she doesn't really know what it's like to be treated like she's loved by a man who really wants her to be with her. Kang Tae-mu is acting exactly how we'd expect a man in love to. In a way he's too textbooky but it's good for a laugh. Her friends can see it but she has no idea. Min-woo hasn't been very fair on her. He attached himself to her without committing to her. I think he kind of knew that she liked him but he just couldn't make up his mind.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

58 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

hey i want 1 too...pls include me if u know where to get one alright 

Count me in... and preferrbly the guy is tall and handsome. :laugh:

Was it you last time wondering if Tae Mu was ever in a relationship before? Netizens have dug it out. The information Hari had to memorise about Tae Mu mentioned Tae Mu had dated two girls before.

Spoiler

72f858d3ly1h0ioobt1yqj21yc0uy7c1.jpgimage.png

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
59 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Judging from Yoo-ra's reaction, I think we can be sure that Min-woo is being unduly territorial. I think she always suspected that there was something going on between them in between their on-off relationship. I don't want to be too judgemental of Min-woo but the way he was acting on the catamaran was really not becoming of someone who is sensitive of his girlfriend's feelings.

Perhaps we can say birds of a feather...

If Yoo-ra was not comfortable with Min-woo and Ha-ri's friendship (which is totally fair because it really is difficult if your boyfriend has a very close friend who is female), she should have been elated that Ha-ri is seeing someone. Instead,  she seemed skeptical and then jealous that Ha-ri "landed" such a good catch. Given a chance, she would likely dump Min-woo for Tae-mu 😂.

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

hey i want 1 too...pls include me if u know where to get one alright

If I knew, I wouldn't be here 🤣

• Haha 5

Some highlights for eps 8

No guesses who ran away! As soon as she kissed him: HR: It was a mistake. I must have been crazy for a while. A baffled TM didn't see the problem in her kissing 1st.

Spoiler

But TM wasn't happy for his lips to be treated like a parking lot, and of course wanted to be compensated. HR said she'd take responsibility. He took her to an expensive restaurant . She was shocked by the price & told him not to take advantage of an ordinary worker like her. HR: Did I kiss alone? You kissed back like a player too

But you know this felt like an indirect proposal when TM said that he's not asking her to take responsibility alone. He would be willing to take responsibility for her for the rest of his life. He confessed he liked the kiss but in he said how could he not when the woman he likes kissed so sexily.  :pandacool: Anyway he wanted to be compensated still , so he asked for her time - that was when the amusement park date took place

But HR is falling ahahah

Spoiler

Meanwhile - YS tried to cook for SH but I guess that didn't go down to well...:laugh:

Spoiler

Hiking date. YS was not pleased with TM "harrassing" HR, so she complained about it to SH. SH defended TM which got YS angry. SH tried to apologise & asked them to continue their hike. YS: Go up with Kang Tae-moo She left in a huff

Spoiler

But YS injured her leg...sweet SH carried her down. So ahaha she forgave him pretty fast. YS: I'm in love with SH again.

So TM & HR went on the amusement park date ..cause that's how she had to pay him back with her time. He told her about his parents. 

But date came to an end as her dad had to be admitted to the hospital Dad was admitted for appendicitis. TM arranged for VIP room for her dad. She felt burden & lied to her parents abt TM's identity

Spoiler

Meanwhile, MW who was helping at parents shop found the contract r/ship btwn TM & HR. He confronted HR abt it. HR said it was none of his business. MW: Do you really like him? You 2 won't end up together

Spoiler

By the end of the episode, TM was supposed to have gone on a blind date. That upset HR . I feel MW's criticisms of TM also triggered her.

And of course

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

16 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Does AHS really play the piano?

Will you like him more if he does? :smug:

Hahaha, he does play the piano. He was an idol trainee before and I feel like it's almost mandatory that they know an instrument. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

It was in eps 7 - he didn't think that TM would date someone "beneath" him so to speak. MW said that he was worried about HR ( guess he's worried TM was gonna hurt HR in the long run) but I like TM's response to MW. 

The only conversation I saw was when they were on the boat, and MW asked TM how TM and HR started dating since it's difficult for a president (of a company) and a regular employee (the phrase MW used means being a "subordinate") to be dating. MW wasn't implying that HR was beneath TM, just that she was an employee of the company that TM was the president of.

I did like TM's response anyway.

• Like 5

Episode 8 was rather a mixed bag but with some good insights into the different romances. The bits about Young-seo and Sung-hoon were actually good and surprisingly realistic. Things were said that had to be said between them. I'm really fond of Sung-hoon because he's such a beautiful creature of common sense and he really has his work cut out for him with regard to Young-seo. Of course accommodation is important in any relationship but yeah... those two have a long way to go. For something quite different, I did get quite a lot of laugh out of the dodgeball game and Ha-ri's antics did remind me of some of the fight scenes in Uncanny Counter

I was suppose it was inevitable that I would have to come off the high of Episode 7 and come crashing down with Ha-ri suffering from a severe attack of cold feet. Considering how she told Young-seo that it wasn't a great idea to tell a guy to pretend it never happened after a moment of intimacy, her response to the smooch in the showroom was somewhat disappointing. From her perspective it might have been understandable but I take Tae-mu's side in this because it's akin to asking him to turn it off and on like a switch. So the push back was good especially when he's actually being quite reasonable. If I were a lot more cynical, I might suspect that the showrunners desperately wanted that cheesy scene at the bridge so badly that they orchestrated this push and pull and have Taemu leave his vehicle on the road in the middle of peak hour traffic. I'm only surprised that we didn't have Kenny Loggins belting out "Meet me halfway across the sky... make this a new beginning of another life" in the background.

I'm not entirely unsympathetic to Ha-ri's concerns about dating the president of the company. I can see how that's a problem in that culture where people's personal lives are up for grabs. The workings of the office grapevine are unbelievable. How the heck did Gye Bin know that Tae-mu was slated to have a blind date? But I was quite impressed that two of her friends that they met at Sokcho were so supportive of her relationship with the president of her company.

What is this about people in Asian dramas and the invasion of other people's privacy? What the heck was Min-woo doing? There was something similar going on in The Oath of Love with a very jealous female rival. It's just icky. The more I see of Min-woo and Yoo-ra's relationship, the more dysfunctional it seems to me. They don't communicate even at the most basic level. At least the other two couples are trying. Min-woo is totally oblivious to her resentment and Yoo-ra doesn't even try to tell him how she's feeling about his behaviour towards a woman who is not his girlfriend. All of this explains a lot and it seems to me that they haven't learn anything which is why they're on this hamster wheel of on again, off again.

17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Perhaps we can say birds of a feather...

If Yoo-ra was not comfortable with Min-woo and Ha-ri's friendship (which is totally fair because it really is difficult if your boyfriend has a very close friend who is female), she should have been elated that Ha-ri is seeing someone. Instead,  she seemed skeptical and then jealous that Ha-ri "landed" such a good catch. Given a chance, she would likely dump Min-woo for Tae-mu 😂.

It's a good point but  jealousy tends to make people irrational and I also think that she's very insecure about her relationship with Min-woo. If Min-woo were more attentive and behaved more like a doting boyfriend (as say Tae-mu was), she'd be a lot less unhappy and catty.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.