@Chocolate I'm done. The best thing that came out of it is how suave Gong Yoo is. Didn't expect to see him again in the last episode and I'm thankful he cleaned my eyes off of Ki Hoon's hideous hairstyle. Another goodness I do like is Lee Byung Hun speaking clear, eloquent English. Wish they explored his character more than having to watch 465 people fighting each other.

All that talk about fairness in the game, and they switch off the lights so that No.12 can't see the difference in the glass. The show is like Hunger Game where the rich was bored so they create this game to have fun.

Overall I don't enjoy it. It got pretty predictable towards the end and boring too by the time they played the Squid game. I was also very sure Ki Hoon will win. BTW, I'm wondering if a person ran REALLY quick across the glass bridge, would this person had survived? I guess I'll never know since the first person to go is a man. I also thought it was super pointless to blow all the glasses and caused injury to the survivor. 

I'm now 100% sure I prefer watching shows where the players use their wits rather than violence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle Glad you finished it. Yeah, the ending was quite disappointing, from the time they brought out the VIPs. Wish they had been more creative in this aspect.

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

BTW, I'm wondering if a person ran REALLY quick across the glass bridge, would this person had survived? I guess I'll never know since the first person to go is a man. I also thought it was super pointless to blow all the glasses and caused injury to the survivor. 

I don't think so. The piece that is non-tempered would have broken the minute someone stepped on it. The glass were quite far apart so you would definitely have to put some weight on it as you jump. Plus, even if you lightly tap on one piece, you would have to put weight on the next and that could be non-tempered too.

I assumed the blow up was pre-programmed. To kill whoever didn't cross the bridge in time.

• Like 4

I think I'm the same with all of you where I liked Wi Ha Joon/Joon Ho's storyline more. There's more thrills in watching him "mole" his way through without getting noticed.

I do believe Hyung let him live (if he can) by shooting him on his shoulder.

Again, the highlights for me are definitely both GY and LBH 😂

I do like that Wi Ha Joon's English is pretty fluent too.

34 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle Glad you finished it. Yeah, the ending was quite disappointing, from the time they brought out the VIPs. Wish they had been more creative in this aspect.

Yeah, it wasn't impressive and lacking in creativity (since this has already been explored).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

[Behind the Scenes] Let the games begin | Squid Game Featurette [ENG SUB]

SQUID GAME director Hwang Dong-hyuk takes us all the way back to his inspiration for the hit Netflix series, which has been 13 years in the making. Hear all about the vibrant, haunting set design, and how they reimagined Korean childhood games to create the perfect juxtaposition between childlike innocence and the desperation of adults who enter the deadly games as their last resort.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

I'm only on episode 3 still, but will watch more this weekend. I recommended it to my friend who normally does not like international shows and he loved it. He told me he stayed up and watched it within a day. Haha! 

The cast has great chemistry on and off screen! Those Netflix YT videos were fun to watch. Lee Jung Jae even brought up @Soju's favorite documentary, Don't F*ck with Cats. :lmao2:

I took one for the team and looked, Netflix does have a video of just wood burning. LOL!!

Screenshot-20210925-020714-Netflix.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

We will win too (Tea, Bai & I) but I chose no slapping from GY 😆

Hahahha me too I chose no slapping. Would need more than $100 to get slapped, even if it’s from Gongyoo lol! Maybe can add another zero behind😂

Anyway can see why you didn’t enjoy the series overall. The later eps could definitely be better. Now I’m waiting for my next drama slump to try AIB. So far I’ve managed to avoid spoilers for that!

• Like 5

@im0202 Let me know whether AIB is better than Squid Game. I was planning to watch AIB before SG got released but got no time to watch. Then I decided to watch SG first but wasn't that impressed with the drama although it has rave reviews :laugh: Not sure what about the drama that's not working for me :idk: 

I could guess from the beginning that most of the players would get killed off... but I still think the way Ali went out was so sad :cry: Park Hae Soo's character was just.... annoying!!! 

@mademoiselle have you seen

Spoiler

Liar Game Japanese version? I like that.. it's about wits rather than violence iahahhhhaha

• Like 5

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Hahahaha that's what I told Chocolate before to try J-Liar Game @SnowBlob

I definitely preferred J-Liar Game to Alice in Borderland and Squid Game. Like you, I'm also not seeing the appeal of this drama and the reason behind why people like it.

@im0202 I've seen AIB, thinking it would be good and didn't enjoy that too. I think I'm just not into story like this.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Update on the telephone number saga

• Victim of #SquidGame phone number exposure, Mr. Kim stated the prod. team acknowledge the mistake and offer 1 mn won as compensation ($840). Mr. Kim shared it's not easy to change the number as it's his business number that been used almost 20 yrs. [Source: @KoreanUpdates]
  • People are actually calling because they want to play the game/want the money!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
On 9/26/2021 at 8:12 AM, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha that's what I told Chocolate before to try J-Liar Game @SnowBlob

I definitely preferred J-Liar Game to Alice in Borderland and Squid Game. Like you, I'm also not seeing the appeal of this drama and the reason behind why people like it.

@im0202 I've seen AIB, thinking it would be good and didn't enjoy that too. I think I'm just not into story like this.

Sadly, I watched the K-Liar Game where the acting was so bad. So it will spoil my watching of the J-Liar Game 😢

Although the ending left a lot to be desired, I think I liked Squid Game because:

• Though I love a good psychological thriller and this was not one, the games were easy but winning was not simple. The tug-of-war was a fine example. So there is a bit of a "wow" factor after the reveal.
  • It was also not a one-dimensional show with just violence and action. And yet it doesn't go overboard with the human/emotional elements. The balance is just nice. You know the participants are going to die and you do feel for them. But you're not bored to tears by their backstory. It was quick and effective.
  • Great acting!

I've watched AIB when it was first released. I liked it then, but if you asked me now what it was about, I can't remember 😂

On 9/25/2021 at 5:39 PM, mademoiselle said:

@bairama @Tofu @Chocolate @im0202 Would you guys let GY slap you?

On 9/25/2021 at 9:38 PM, im0202 said:

@mademoiselle

Took the quiz and apparently I would win the Squid Game

What did you all get?

Haha. I also chose NO SLAP and won! Maybe everybody wins in this game, contrary to the drama lol.

GSsLYgF.jpg?1

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Sadly, I watched the K-Liar Game where the acting was so bad. So it will spoil my watching of the J-Liar Game

Maybe it wouldn't. The presentation, I feel, would be different. The ML was a lecturer in the K-version isn't it? J-version he's a swindler.

AIB I remember the sypnosis still, just not in absolute details.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Sadly, I watched the K-Liar Game where the acting was so bad. So it will spoil my watching of the J-Liar Game

You didn't like K-Liar Game? That's too bad. I actually really enjoyed it, though Shin Seong Rok as the villain was better than the ML.

17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Gifts from Netflix for cast.

Definitely creepy.

I'm almost through with the drama, but had to take a break. It's hard to watch people die because they can't win a children's game. Given the posts here though, I guess I'm not in a rush to finish it any time soon.

• Like 1