6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I disagree that Gi Hun cared about everyone but his daughter. He cares about his daughter, but she lives with her mom and step-dad in much better circumstances than he can provide for her. It's clear that he loves his daughter very much.

Agree. But his priorities are out of whack. He gambles with the meager money, given by his hardworking mother, to buy her a birthday gift. At the end, he gets off the flight to pursue Squid Game again (we assume) after not seeing her for a year and having barely survived.

• Like 1

S2 could potentially be about the FrontMan and the police. That could be interesting!

max_width_190px_4ad0d2c84a0c9598490132574539e803.png

Squid Game Season 2 Might Not Be About the Contestants

The red light, green light hasn't been given for a new chapter just yet.

by Adele Ankers | Posted Oct. 5, 2021, 6:45 p.m.

Squid Game creator Hwang Dong-hyuk has spoken about his ideas for a potential second season of the hit Netflix show, revealing one possible focus for the next chapter.

In an interview with The Times, Hwang revealed that he had already been thinking about how Squid Game's story could possibly evolve beyond the nine episodes of the first season, which first arrived on Netflix on September 17. He suggested that, if a second season is greenlit, then he may shift focus and further explore the role of the Korean police.

"While I was writing season one, I thought about the stories that could be in season two if I get to do one — one would be the story of the Frontman," Hwang said of one of the show's most complex characters, The Frontman, played by Lee Byung-hun, who is a former cop and one of the masterminds behind the game.

"I think the issue with police officers is not just an issue in Korea," Hwang added. "I see it on the global news that the police force can be very late on acting on things — there are more victims or a situation gets worse because of them not acting fast enough. This was an issue that I wanted to raise. Maybe in season two I can talk about this more."

While the ideas are starting to formulate, nothing firm has been decided about a second season of Squid Game just yet. However, Netflix's global TV head, Bela Bajaria, told Vulture that they're excited about the prospect of continuing the dystopian drama and they're willing to work around Hwang's schedule to make it happen.

"He has a film and other things he's working on. We're trying to figure out the right structure for him." Bajaria noted, demonstrating Netflix's willingness to be flexible for Hwang's creative process in recognition of the fact that she knows he's a person that likes to collaborate with "other writers" who might also work on the project.

It's not surprising that talk of a second season of Squid Game is already in the air. The debut season of the South Korean survival drama is on track to become Netflix's biggest TV show ever — if the early viewership figures hold. Its growing popularity has even started to expand across different mediums, with fan-made games popping up all over Roblox.

If you happen to be coming into the series with fresh eyes and you're relying on translations to follow the story, you might want to consider watching the episodes with the proper "English" subtitles turned on rather than Netflix's closed captions, so you don't lose the nuances of the script and the twisted, colorful competitions that dominate the show.

Source

• Like 1

Squid Game stars take on the Dalgona Challenge [ENG SUB]

They may have survived the dalgona challenge in the drama, but how skilled are the stars of SQUID GAME in real life? Watch the cast try out all the tricks they’ve picked up on screen to avoid the dreaded punishment that awaits those eliminated (Don’t worry, the stakes are much lower here 😆)

And this! Noooo 😂🤣😂🤣 [Come see this @stroppyse @mademoiselle @im0202 @Darkarcana]

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 3

ngcb46

Netflix’s “Squid Game” Review- A Thought-Provoking Bloody Experience

By Jass K - September 20, 2021 8:21 pm

Netflix’s “Squid Game” has been released a couple of days ago and since I’ve completed the drama, a review is in order.

Today, I am here to review Netflix’s “Squid Game” and discuss why I believe it is one of the best kdramas I have seen in a while.

Related: Netflix’s “Squid Game” Ending Explained- Will There Be “Squid Game” Season 2 Soon?

Note: this will be a spoiler-free review. This is a subjective review.

The Plot

https://www.jazminemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Squid-Game.jpg

Netflix’s “Squid Game” was written and directed by PD Hwang Dong Hyuk who is best known for working on movies, this is his first ever attempt at a drama and it was a successful attempt.

According to the PD, he has written the script since 2009 but wasn’t able to make it, back then, he was told it was impossible to make such a project come to life. And if you’ve been a longtime kdrama fan, you probably already agree that this would have been impossible to make back then. A movie, maybe, but not a kdrama.

The results are amazing. I had so much fun watching “Squid Game.” I had high expectations and it truly lived up to them.

In terms of plot and ‘plot-twists,’ many points were to be expected. You see, if you watch Japanese dramas or movies revolving around death games, then “Squid Game” is probably not going to cut it for you. It will probably feel average. However, if you’ve never watched content revolving around death games but love bloody kdramas, this will be a godsend.

It’s all about perspective and watching experience.

The PD has also stated in an interview that he was inspired by mangas, you can clearly feel that in his final project. He manages to put a Korean spin on the popular sub-genre of death games horror popular in Japanese culture.

Circling back to the plot twists, I wasn’t that wowed with it in terms of shock, I have seen Japanese death games movies and dramas before, not a lot, but I’ve seen enough to know what to expect with such a setting. There is only so much you can do with such a setting. So almost all reveals felt a bit expected for me, but it was still hella fun to watch, I was also thrilled about how the PD wasn’t afraid of getting bleak and hella bloody. This was possible because of the medium he chose to bring his project to life, Netflix.

Its edgy, vibrant and has a hint of dark comedy. It all works so well together and you can tell every single detail was accounted for. You can tell the PD has worked on this multiple times, if you pay close attention, almost everything adds up, especially if you re-watch the drama, it is a lot of fun to watch it after the final moments.

What makes it even better and more terrifying is how it presents an allegory of our current social-economic crisis, It tackles how this truly pushes people off the edge enough to force them to knowingly compete in a death battle for $40 million. You wind up understanding what would push someone to the edge so much so that they’d be okay dying if they didn’t win the prize. It is truly heartbreaking because it mirrors the reality of what we have to deal with.

The Characters And Performances

A lot of work has gone into the characters in the drama too, although it doesn’t get too specific, it gives enough information to make you care and sympathize with the characters.

Gi Hun [played brilliantly by Lee Jung Jae] is the epitome of a likable petty character. The way Lee Jung Jae allows himself to become Gi Hun is astonishing, he isn’t afraid to go so far as to make sure you get the message you need to get about the character. I was in shock watching him, he was so fun to watch.

Park Hae Soo was also stunning. Honestly, the casting for the drama is amazing. Whoever has done the casting deserves a raise.

There is a fresh face in this drama. “Squid Game” is Jung Ho Yeon’s debut project. She will become someone big one day if she continues to choose her projects wisely. I bet she was cast through auditions.

Everyone in this drama was amazing, I loved the way the characters were written. They’re not your classical 2D kdrama characters who are either good or evil, there is a gray area, and its up to each one of us to decide whether you’d consider whoever a good or bad character.

Should I Watch This Drama?

“Squid Game” is definitely a drama I’d recommend. This is one of my favorite 2021 kdramas and one of my favorite kdramas in recent memory. It is so easy to binge.

However, if you’re not too keen on heavy topics in kdramas or if you dislike gore and violent kdramas, this might not be the one for you. Also, if you’ve seen your fair share of Japanese death games dramas and movies, this will probably not live up to your expectations.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: “Running Man” Cast Parodies “Squid Game” In Preview For Next Week’s Episode

Oct 10, 2021 by C. Hong

SBS’s “Running Man” will be jumping on the “Squid Game” bandwagon next week!

“Squid Game” is a hit Netflix series about a mysterious survival game with a reward of 45.6 billion won (about $40 million) starring Lee Jung Jae, Park Hae Soo, Wi Ha Joon, Jung Ho Yeon, Oh Young Soo, Heo Sung Tae, Anupam Tripathi, and Kim Joo Ryoung. The series hit No. 1 on Netflix’s rankings in 90 countries around the world.

As revealed in the preview, the “Running Man” parody version is titled “Webfoot Octopus Game.” Like “Squid Game,” it starts out with the cast members receiving a mysterious invitation to a game that promises to change their lives. The cast “wakes up” in the show’s iconic tracksuits and have to play a number of childish games to win the cash prize. The cast gets immersed into the concept of the show, with Jun So Min even getting into character, but the game changes when the members start getting taken out one by one.

This episode of “Running Man” will air on October 17. Check out the preview below!

if you can't view the video in your country, see this tweet:

Spoiler

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1

You know, dolls that can punish you by killing you didn't use to be one of my fears, but the animatronic dolls are so seriously creepy! They're going to rank right up there with clowns as stuff of nightmares.

I have a feeling I'll need to do a rewatch of this series, especially the beginning. I think there are a lot of parts that I initially missed because the violence caused me to skip bits.

• Clapping Hands 1

Poor thing, they try to get with the times and get teased :lol:

The_Straits_Times_logo_wordmark.png

Squid Game actors called 'ahjussi' or 'uncle' for their Instagram selfies

Suzanne Sng | Oct 12, 2021

btajussi20211011.jpg?itok=KjRRjxiC&times

Actors Lee Jung-jae (left) and Park Hae-soo have been posting selfies with weird camera angles and awkward smiles.PHOTOS: LEE JUNG-JAE/INSTAGRAM, PARK HAE-SOO/INSTAGRAM

SEOUL - Squid Game actors Lee Jung-jae and Park Hae-soo, who joined Instagram earlier this month after the K-drama became a mega hit worldwide, have been amusing fans with their "ahjussi" selfies.

The word "ahjussi" refers to a middle-aged man or uncle in South Korea. The two social media newbies have been posting selfies with weird camera angles and awkward smiles, which makes for a refreshing change from the usual sleek boy band images.

Lee, 48, captioned his first post, a selfie in a car, on Oct 2 with: "Is this… how I do this…?"

On the same day, Park, 39, shared a similar selfie when he started his account.

Netizens have been commenting on their photos, with one saying: "I've never seen any ahjussi who doesn't take selfies like that. It's like there's a national rule."

The uncle vibes only intensified when Lee posted a series of 10 similar photos of the two of them backstage at The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon last Thursday (Oct 7).

Link here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUwDGJmPxBO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

One fan commented: "This is like one picture 10 times."

Lee currently has 3.3 million followers and Park has two million after about a week on the social media platform, so they must be doing something right.

Another veteran actor, Ji Jin-hee, 50, was also dragged into the comments by one netizen, who wrote: "And also take a look at this legend here."

He added a screenshot of the Move To Heaven (2021) actor's Instagram grid, which has hundreds of selfies, all hilariously in the so-called ahjussi pose.

Source