Content Writing Yonhap News Reporter Kang Ae Ran.

yna1065624913866813-493.jpg

tvN's Friday-Saturday drama 'Blind', which pursues a criminal who committed a brutal serial murder, ended with a rating of 3.1%.

According to Nielsen Korea, a ratings research company on the 6th, the last episode of 'Blind', which aired at 10:40 pm the day before, recorded 3.1% (non-terrestrial paid households).

In the last episode, the ugly reality of the perpetrators who covered the public's eyes and ears so that the harsh child abuse that took place at Hope Welfare Center 20 years ago was not revealed to the world was revealed.

Ryu Sung Hoon, (Ha Seok Hin), a former member of Hope Welfare Center faced Judge Ryu Il Ho (Choi Hong Il), who was the last target of revenge and adopted him, and made he confess his guilt of overturning the verdict by abusing minors. Bare-faced of 'Judge Ho' captures viewers attention and opened up to Jo Eun Gi (Jung Eun Ji), but also Ryu Sung Joon (Ok Taecyeon) until in the end he met his son's handcuffs.

Another victim of Hope Welfare Center, who was imprisoned in prison, Jung Yun Jae (Park Ji Bin) ended his long journey of revenge by killing himself after killing the 'crazy dog' Baek Moon Kang (Kim Beop Rae) who had bullied them 20 years ago.

Ryu Sung Hoon is accused of murder, requested a public participation trial, and through the trial, told the reality of Hope Welfare Center 20 years ago. People were outraged at our society, which had turned away from the truth, and heralded a hopeful change.

Jo In Suk (Jo Yeon Hee), a nurse at Hope Welfare Center, appeared as a decisive witness in the trial, revealing why she had no choice but to make perjury in the past, and she offered a sincere apology.

'Blind' captures the process of digging up the truth of the past 20 years ago along with a series of murder cases. The horrific revenge of the victims who were trampled on with all their hopes deprived of them led to their own destruction, causing bitterness.

As a genre that digs up a mystery case, it is said to have increased the immersion with a solid narrative and development that goes beyond predictions. Variation of the character that crosses between good and evil also aroused the curiosity of deducing the culprit.

It also left a heavy message on what the future consequences of ordinary people's choices, who turn a blind eye to someone's tragedy in front of their own interests.

Although it was rated as unacceptable for teenagers, from the first episode to the last episode, there were also pointed out that 'the level of violence is too high' as scenes of gruesome murder and bloodshed continued.

2022110601000417500055021-20221106100603

Photo=Courtesy of tvN

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179542214151718

• Like 4

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Whatever shortcomings it has, the drama somehow still led me to finish it. So kudos to that.

But regarding the storyline, it had a lot of holes and the ending was not very satisfactory.

• I can understand that boy 11 wanted revenge. But it is inexplicable that Sung Hoon, smart enough to become a judge, would choose this method (and agree to killing the daughters of Baek and Police Chief instead of the perpetrators). Surely there must be other ways to bring to light the atrocities of the Home and the people involved without committing a crime?
  • Was it his plan to frame Jung Mun Jae for the murder but Yoon Jae decided to add his name into the mix to frame Sung Joon? Otherwise, I see no need to involve Jung Mun Jae at all - they could have just quietly done it with no one the wiser.
  • Yoon Jae, I think regardless of his upbringing, has criminal tendencies. He was cruel even as a child.
  • Sung Joon's parents are quite an atrocious pair. It's a wonder he turned out well - I think that is partly due to his admiration for his brother, who, on the surface, was an upstanding judge. At the end, it looks like both do consider the other as brother ❤
  • Got to say that I was not too impressed with the actress playing Eun Ki. She was expressionless throughout the drama, except when she had to tear.

I'm glad this drama is over! On to others!

• Like 4
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Whatever shortcomings it has, the drama somehow still led me to finish it. So kudos to that.

But regarding the storyline, it had a lot of holes and the ending was not very satisfactory.

• I can understand that boy 11 wanted revenge. But it is inexplicable that Sung Hoon, smart enough to become a judge, would choose this method (and agree to killing the daughters of Baek and Police Chief instead of the perpetrators). Surely there must be other ways to bring to light the atrocities of the Home and the people involved without committing a crime

I think this is the most obvious weakness from this drama. I thought he have some split personality or something, then it would be better reason. 

I agree with Chocolate, he have such high position, suave and well spoken. He should be able to brought this case convincingly without even resort to violence and murder. And I found it really didn't matched well with RSH overall personality too. 

I think Taecyeon did well though here. It's his best performance so far. He didn't get overshadowed by more senior actor HSJ, he really improved a lot. Probably at some emotional scene they all can do better. I mean he arrested his own mother and brother, his own family members. But I can't feel his sadness or conflicted feeling much. 

Well, I think overall it's a decent drama, not best out there but enjoyable, eventhough a bit frustating at times. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Done! I could pay better attention to E14 than I could for E13. It's disappointing that even Sung Jun's father is a dirtbag who receives sexual favours. I viewed this worse than abusing the kids. I don't know about you guys, but it didn't sit well with me Sung Jun's father is just as bad because he was the one who "saved" Eun Ki when she was young. I can't see how an already morally wrong judge who put on a facade woulcould be able to see Eun Ki's cries for help back then.

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I can understand that boy 11 wanted revenge. But it is inexplicable that Sung Hoon, smart enough to become a judge, would choose this method (and agree to killing the daughters of Baek and Police Chief instead of the perpetrators). Surely there must be other ways to bring to light the atrocities of the Home and the people involved without committing a crime?

I can understand why he or they chose this method. Killing the perpetrators would be too easy on these evil people. It would hurt more if their loved ones were tortured/killed. The perpetrators needed to suffer and "feel" the pain, the loss, the despair, and lost of hope.

Although I, too, wish he would pick a method that doesn't involve himself being the monster.

And... I'm glad it is over too. It's not great...

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
15 minutes ago, joccu__ said:

what are your thoughts about the ending?   

the way Yoon Jae died. ARGH. He he killed lot of people and should be sitting in prison but to die that way.  

Like you said predictable  @joccu__  I too was disappointed at the ending . 

I felt bad for SJ, neither of his parents loved him, SH also didn’t love him. 

SH, YJ  , the chef and Crazy Dog was supposed to die. If SH had died it would have been a little better because to much killing occurred and it all started with SH.  His plan was meticulous but Yoon Jae was the only kid who was BROKEN.   SH couldn’t understand that , he needed help not revenge.  He came to enjoy killing theses people because he witnessed to much violence at such a young age. His trauma was way too deep. YJ wanted be free from misery  but are truly free in death????
Although  @Chocolate I will

be honest , I skip some episodes because I was disappointed at the direction they were going. 

SH’s revenge was supposed to have only 1 death. Crazy Dog daughter. But Yoon Jae took it upon himself to act alone. He just kept killing with no remorse that is why SH abandoned him for show but not truly. 

@mademoiselle I was struggling too because this could have been an awesome drama but they tried to mislead us viewers with too many inconsistencies. 

for example Favoring the adopted child, that is why SJ wasn’t conflicted with arresting his parents. They never showed him love or affection. 

The shaman seeing his past with the fear of dogs never existed so what she saw was FALSE. = TERRIBLE SHAMAN

Who understand what I mean?

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

@mademoiselle I was struggling too because this could have been an awesome drama but they tried to mislead us viewers with too many inconsistencies. 

for example Favoring the adopted child, that is why SJ wasn’t conflicted with arresting his parents. They never showed him love or affection. 

The shaman seeing his past with the fear of dogs never existed so what she saw was FALSE. = TERRIBLE SHAMAN

I'm not sure they did favour Sung Hoon more. I think they were just showing more approval towards Sung Hoon because Sung Jun seems to be the "trouble maker" since young. And since Sung Hoon manipulated Sung Jun, he could have easily manipulated the foster parents into disapproving Sung Jun as well. Sung Jun also displays distrust and insecurities towards his parents, and most of the time the drama is showing us from Sung Jun's perspective. Additionally, both parents seem to care a lot more about their career and reputation than their own blood-related son anyway.

Hahaha the Shaman. This has always been a highly debated profession. Most of the time divination is fragmented and based on perception. So either the writer screw up or this Shaman lady was never meant to be "good" in the first place. Not only the drama didn't address Sung Jun's fear of dogs (although this is likely because Sung Jun was brainwashed by both Yoon Jae and Sung Hoon to be scared of dogs rather than truly based on his own experience), the drama didn't address what she said about Sung Hoon... that she already "seen" it...

There's too many things to nitpick if we want to. The good thing is, I wasn't really that invested in the drama. Right now I'm just so glad it's over. Haha.

2022 is coming to an end. I really wish there's another drama memorable enough that I'll love (in Kdrama land I mean).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

In the end I finished this because I thought... well... 3 more episodes... why not?

The last half hour of the show was probably better than most of the drama. It's a shame really because the show had an opportunity to do something of substance concerning an egregious human rights abuse but turned the whole thing into a sordid mystery box that's little more than a blood bath. We're meant to root for these kids but they end up being little more than pieces in a puzzle. I found it hard to connect with most of the characters.

I want to give the actors their due for powering through this and giving their all. But honestly, this was the worst revenge plot I've ever seen in a drama. And Yoon-jae the worst possible accomplice. The whole thing's ridiculously convoluted just so the writer can mislead the audience... but not really... for as long as possible. I still don't understand why the first jury trial was needed. Episode 13 made my blood boil because that's what they could have done from Day 1. Kidnap all the culprits or lure them to the abandoned Welfare Centre. Livestream it and expose it to the world. For a so-called smart guy, Sung-hoon turned out to be really dumb.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@UnniSara  about the favoring the adopted child.  Sometimes in korean dailies they do show more love to the adopted kids. their own biological child they would yell and slap if they have something wrong.  It is  bit weird but I do get it.  

the Shaman.  I´m not superstitious so I don´t really believe in that kind off stuff. But what I have learn they are not straight forward and can be really misleading. 

• Like 4

F1, crime/thiller drama and coffee addict!

FINLAND!

Wheeling and dealing behind the scenes of 'Blind' filming locations.

photo1581375.jpg

Spoiler

mb-1667782896661827.jpg

1667782901368054.jpg

source 

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan