I watched episodes 1-4 back-to-back. Not sure if that was a good idea because the story is intense with lots of details so I’m still in processing mode. Trying to figure which kid is who and the link to the killer reminds me a bit of Mouse which I dropped halfway because the storyline got too gory and crazy for my liking. Hopefully, Blind won’t follow that route for me because I do think the mystery is interesting so far.

Did anyone get scared at the shaman scene in episode 3? I did. LOL. Anyway, when she was supposedly possessed by one of the kids, I noticed that she referred to RSJ as “hyung”. In episode 4, it was revealed that RSJ is supposed to be Jung Yoon Jae. I thought JYJ is the youngest kid so why did the shaman refer to RSJ as the older brother if RSJ is supposed to JYJ? The shaman also told RSJ that he doesn’t know who he really is. This seems to insinuate that RSJ is suffering from memory loss. Maybe repressed from trauma at the Hope Welfare Center? I’m also debating if split personality is a possibility. Could RSJ be the oldest kid who took care of the other four, but he thinks he’s JYJ?

In episode 3, RSJ and RSH’s parents were having a conversation about the past. The mom said whenever she saw “him”, she is reminded of “that place”. I assume this place is the Hope Welfare Center. If so, what is the parents’ connection to it? She also wondered if “he” could really forget what happened and if taking “him” in was the right decision. Since the shaman told RSJ that he doesn’t know who he really is and the mom wonders if “he” can forget the past, I am leaning toward RSJ was adopted by them. Compared to RSH, RSH is treated better so I think he should be their biological son.

As far as my guess as who is the killer, I have no idea, but almost all signs point to RSJ. It’s just the woodcarving seen done by RSH that throws me off. The killer has wood-carved statues with the pictures of the jurors’ faces on it. Hmmm…

I skimmed through the previous posts. I’ll need to come back to back-read when I have more time and comment further.

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
3 hours ago, peperomia said:

Did anyone get scared at the shaman scene in episode 3? I did. LOL. Anyway, when she was supposedly possessed by one of the kids, I noticed that she referred to RSJ as “hyung”. In episode 4, it was revealed that RSJ is supposed to be Jung Yoon Jae. I thought JYJ is the youngest kid so why did the shaman refer to RSJ as the older brother if RSJ is supposed to JYJ? The shaman also told RSJ that he doesn’t know who he really is. This seems to insinuate that RSJ is suffering from memory loss. Maybe repressed from trauma at the Hope Welfare Center? I’m also debating if split personality is a possibility. Could RSJ be the oldest kid who took care of the other four, but he thinks he’s JYJ?

@peperomia  Due to all the secret , Jung Yoon Jae adoption was secret to the public to protect him. So I believe Sung Joon is Yoon Jae. He also has the necklace. All the orphans called each other Hyung. The fact that he forgot his past is because he was the youngest of the orphans. The ghost called him Hyung ah  is used - -> ,( good friends or those who aren’t our superiors.) 

If he was adressing him as older brother he would have said Hyung!!  It can be difficult to understand the meaning on how Korean address each other. Hope this is helpful 

Remember RSJ said he had an older sister who died.  In episode 4 we saw a flash back of who his sister was . 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Content Writing Newsen Reporter Park Ah Reum.

202209290846381910-1-20220929085004077.j

The question is that who is in a 'Blind' serial killer'? Viewers have been speculating who have been carrying out such a cruel carnival with what purpose in 'Blind'.

In the tvN Friday-Saturday drama 'Blind' (script written by  Kwon Ki Kyung / directed by Shin Yong Hwi), starting with the Joker Murder Case, unknown deaths occur one after another and the flow of the case is getting complicated.

It all started when Baek Moon Gang's (Kim Beop Rae) daughter was brutally murdered on her birthday. The name ‘Joker Murder Case’ was given because of the criminal which left a unique signature in the form of a torn mouth like Joker and thanks in notes to the persistent investigation of Detective Ryu Sung Joon (Ok Taecyeon), the suspect Jung Man Chun (Jeon Jin Woo) was arrested and the trial was continued.

largephoto1555912.jpg

(Photo = tvN 'Blind' capture)

'a link from a source'

https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202209290846381910

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 9

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

On 9/25/2022 at 8:48 PM, joccu__ said:

EDIT:  Okay so the wooden figurines. are those the same that RSH has seen carving. Or has somebody else the same hobby`?

Oooh! Good catch!

On 9/27/2022 at 12:46 PM, peperomia said:

The shaman also told RSJ that he doesn’t know who he really is. This seems to insinuate that RSJ is suffering from memory loss. Maybe repressed from trauma at the Hope Welfare Center? I’m also debating if split personality is a possibility. Could RSJ be the oldest kid who took care of the other four, but he thinks he’s JYJ?

RSJ clearly has memory loss, thus he keeps getting flashbacks. But the question, which child's flashbacks are those? It would be too simple if he was Yoon Jae - the flashback of the sister was by the police chief. So there is a possibility that he could be the older boy #11 too - if Yoon Jae had somehow died, it would not be unimaginable that he would wear his necklace which has sentimental value. That would also be a motive for the revenge. But this scenario doesn't gel with my thoughts below.

Another mystery is also how did the children leave the Welfare Centre? Why was Crazy Dog never prosecuted for abuse? It can't be that all the children lost their memory or were so scared no one complained.

I am leaning toward RSJ was adopted by them. Compared to RSH, RSH is treated better so I think he should be their biological son.

Could both of them be adopted? RSH is boy #11 and RSJ is Yoon Jae. The problem here is then why did RSH not report the abuse by Crazy Dog?

As far as my guess as who is the killer, I have no idea, but almost all signs point to RSJ. It’s just the woodcarving seen done by RSH that throws me off. The killer has wood-carved statues with the pictures of the jurors’ faces on it. Hmmm…

It should be one of these 2 right? Anyone else would be anti-climatic. I have a feeling it is RSH, otherwise his character doesn't really seem to serve a purpose... 😂 But why? Unless he was also one of the adopted boys.

Earlier, when he discovered the juror page had been torn, when he received the details of those few jurors at the end of the page, he called them himself. That's odd. He's a judge, not the police. A logical person would inform the police that those few jurors are likely targets so that the police could go protect them asap. Another scene showed him scrolling through his phone log which shows he did call the phone of the female juror who died - except that we are supposed to think he was calling from his office instead of being at the scene... but these are well used plots so I may be over-thinking haha.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

@Chocolate RSY told all his cop colleagues that his sister gave him the necklace.  He also confirm his real name is Jung Yoon Jae . 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

After watching episode 5  this is my reaction 

On Discord I will be expressing my feeling of episode with emoji. 
:cry:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886wknmur1b96ap0c52a6

• Like 3

Caught the first couple of episodes and enjoyed them but there were some obviously silly moments --  why was the list left in such an easily accessible location and a police car should have been sent to every juror for that case not just in the missing part of the sheet. Plus the social worker should have been much more careful about going into her flat. I'm assuming at this point that it's a bit of writing shortcut which comes off rather clumsy.

It's rather obvious too that Taecyeon's character isn't the culprit although he probably has some relationship with the perpetrator who is undoubtedly one of the jurors.

Anyway, it's shaping up to be a rollercoaster ride. In fact I'm getting a Grisham vibe from this.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Check out the parallel between the past and the present 

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488618547a258e0e9cf3d9

Spoiler

It seems the shaman lady remembers seeing RSJ’a past . His fear of dogs and being chase by dogs. I wonder did she talk more about his past?!

• Like 3

I’ve watched through episode 6.

First, any logic in police/legal procedural, I’ve tossed out of the window. So many holes. I bet the identity of the Joker is right under our nose, but all the red herrings are serving as distractions, making almost everyone looking sus. I’m purely viewing this is as a thriller --- an addicting one.

On 9/30/2022 at 2:59 AM, Chocolate said:

It should be one of these 2 right? Anyone else would be anti-climatic. I have a feeling it is RSH, otherwise his character doesn't really seem to serve a purpose... 😂 But why? Unless he was also one of the adopted boys.

After some more thought and having seen the latest episodes, I’m leaning toward RSH as the Joker as well. Originally, I thought the wood carving was a red herring, but RSH seemed concerned whenever the Joker’s identity could be exposed, such as when Jung Man Chun claimed he saw the killer’s face and when RSJ said there was a recording of JMC’s conversation with the killer out there. Conveniently, it was gone from Baek’s house before RSJ got there. Only RSH and Eun Ki heard it --- unless Eun Ki could be suspect too. 

The Joker had given banana milk and bread to  Chief Yeom’s grandson – same things Yeom had given to Boy #11 back then. It's possible RSH could be Boy #11.

On 9/30/2022 at 2:59 AM, Chocolate said:

Another mystery is also how did the children leave the Welfare Centre? Why was Crazy Dog never prosecuted for abuse? It can't be that all the children lost their memory or were so scared no one complained.

Not sure how the kids were able to make it out of the center, but maybe they didn't report the abuse after Boy #11's experience with Yeom. They might've lost hope and didn't feel the system could be trusted. It's hinted that RSJ and RSH's parents may have been involved with the center in past. Since they're in prosecution (or at least the dad), maybe they had something to do with it.

------

Choi Soon Gil’s killer is Boy #7. With the limping, I would’ve thought Choi’s killer would’ve been Boy #12 whose leg got caught in the bear claw instead. Since he’s not, who and where is he? In a conversation with Baek, Choi wondered if the killings could be a group effort. It’s something worth noodling over. Let’s say Ahn Tae Ho, the juror with the limp, is Boy #7. He may be the Joker’s target because he had tattled and told Baek about the planned escape. He seemed too much of a coward to partake in the group effort. However, maybe Boy #12 is part of it. Juror with the glasses or the chef?

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
9 hours ago, peperomia said:

First, any logic in police/legal procedural, I’ve tossed out of the window. So many holes.

Agree. RSJ is also doing things that as a police, he should know not to do. What was he doing trying to pull the knife out of JMC's wife? Why did he pick up Choi's phone call? Whole time, I'm going, oh dear, please don't do that 😆.

Just throwing out a thought here.

Did you see Choi look to his left during this scene on his discovery of #7? Apart from Juror Ahn Tae-Ho who is on the extreme left of the 1st row, RSH the judge is also on that side. For the juror to be staring at Crazy Dog, his face/body must be entire turned to face the spectators which would be quite strange. I also did not notice Choi's killer to be limping when he stepped into his house. The burn mark though, is a hurdle. Surely RSH's hands have been clearly visible and I don't remember seeing any marks.

hmXufeu.jpg

eLB6THo.jpg

I can almost believe RSH is #7, because RSH seems like a selfish, non-compassionate person. It's actually harder to reconcile RSH as #11, who was friendly and took care of Yoon Jae. Could #7 have been traumatised because #24 died in front of him = motive?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

While I find this show hugely entertaining this uses one of my least favourite K drama tropes and that's police incompetence. Yes, I know this is considered a thing in SK but to see it used as shortcut to move the plot and to allow Sung-hoon to ingratiate himself into the investigation while Sung-joon is on the run is  is a tad annoying. Sung-joon being in the right place at the wrong time is also obvious. There is more than a passing similarity with Awaken although this one is better executed. But one definitely has to suspend all manner of disbelief to watch this. 

To me it seems somewhat obvious that the two younger lads (Mr Sashimi and Mr "I work for a company" on the jury are somehow involved with the jury tampering. In reality jury tampering is very very difficult unless of course they have inside help because there's no guarantee that just because someone is called that they will ever be picked because all the numbers are put into a wooden box and then randomly picked. Even in Grisham's Runaway Jury, the best that the baddies could do is to try and influence the jurors after they were picked. To get people who are somehow involved in some fashion with the welfare centre on that jury requires a great deal of time and planning. It's like The Murder on the Orient Express. Probably harder because of the security protocols that have to be overcome. 

It's fun but the writing is more lightweight than I expected. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Sung-joon being in the right place at the wrong time is also obvious.

Yes! When Crazy Dog killed his wife, I thought, hey! he can pin this on Sung Joon. Quite disappointing that he put her in the freezer instead 😂

To me it seems somewhat obvious that the two younger lads (Mr Sashimi and Mr "I work for a company" on the jury are somehow involved with the jury tampering.

Oh do share why you think so. I know something is wrong with them but no idea what.

This drama is way off from Murder on the Orient Express in terms of quality. But assuming the similarity in creating a group that are somehow related to each other, I think we are meant to suspend logic - in that sense, that is a reason I think the person most likely to be able to create this jury is the judge.

It's fun but the writing is more lightweight than I expected. 

Agree.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
22 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Oh do share why you think so. I know something is wrong with them but no idea what.

This drama is way off from Murder on the Orient Express in terms of quality. But assuming the similarity in creating a group that are somehow related to each other, I think we are meant to suspend logic - in that sense, that is a reason I think the person most likely to be able to create this jury is the judge.

First of all, it seems to me that both these guys are about the right age to have been inmates of the welfare centre or related to someone who was. The guy with the glasses (which feels rather fake) when asked about his occupation said that "I work for a company." Which is for me an odd response and really vague. The vast majority of people would state their occupation or field of work or industry first. Like "I'm in IT", "I'm a nurse" "I work for XYZ Bank" that kind of thing. Then there's the way he and the chef-owner of the restaurant greeted each other when the whole entire jury had their first post-trial gathering. It was as if they were pretending not to know each other or meeting each other for the first time. There was something off about it anyhow. (It could be just mediocre acting) It also has to be someone in the jury to know what the jurors are doing, where they're going.

All this of course assumes that the writing and the directing are half-decent.  And logical. 

Secondly, I don't know how the jury system works in SK in its details. But I've done jury service here in Australia and I can tell you that they do everything to pick people at random as much as possible. The judges have nothing to do with jury selection at any point. There's a person called a "sheriff" who is in charge of the administrative process behind the scenes and then there are bailiffs who carry out the ushering of jurors around the courthouse. 

Realistically for this conspiracy to work there has to be a co-conspirator in almost every part of the selection process.

• The letter generated from the electoral roll and randomly sent to individuals (I supposed that could be hacked) stating it's a two or three weeks commitment
  • Reply from the potential jurors (that's difficult) agreeing or excusing
  • Everyone's given a number and then designated a group [ a series of numbers]
  • Then your group is taken to a courtroom
  • In the courtroom you wait to find out if you're chosen as your name and number are put in a wooden box and gets mixed up (very old school) like one of those old lucky dip/lotto containers
  • If your name doesn't come up, you go home. 
  • When you get called, you get up and walk to the front of the court and give your oath. The lawyers can reject you if they so choose but they won't t tell you why.
  • Some people might never even see the inside of a trial/courtroom during the three weeks
  • You get a text message every afternoon to find out if you have to go in the next day
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1