Love In Your Eyes 내 눈에 콩깍지 [2022-2023]

Yes, I want to see HH in prison. Though I hope SJ can be excluded from that. Since we don’t know yet what exactly happened, I really hope that SJ has nothing to do, or only indirectly involved with the death of DJ. I want HH to take all the punishment herself. 

I just finished watching with subs. There’s one part which wasn’t in the YouTube clips. It’s towards the end, where HM purposely didn’t give YY any work to do, then said she only causes problems in front of other people, then assigned her trivial not work-related stuff. So unprofessional. She is abusing her position for personal matters, just when can she be fired already from her job? And does she think by bullying YY outright, she is going to score brownie points with KJ? Does she think if YY not in the company anymore, KJ and YY will stop seeing each other? 😂 so dumb.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Did you all catch the part where grandpa said there was snake in the distribution centre? I laughed so hard. High Heels definitely knows it was meant for her. 

If I were HH and wanted to bring KJ down, I would actually not marry him off with HaeMi. HH recognizes that HM is like her which means in time to come, HM will be capable of undermining HH's authority as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

HM keeps plotting and trying to use EH. YY told HM to bring it on like in the preview. YY and KJ planned a date but DS was waiting outside with Mirinae. Mirinae runs to them and KJ lifts her up. DS scheme didn't work at all. KJ,YY,Mirinae ended up taking a cab and dumping DS there. They came to EJ cafe and Mirinae is asleep. Seems like drunk DS came to make a scene for awhile and is shocked when he sees YY and KJ. Episode ends with Mirinae drawing the 3 of them again and Mirinae innocently reveal about "ahjussi" and everyone looking shocked while ES looks at YY pissed. In the preview HM and HH plots with a family gathering. I'm expecting this to fail big time for them.

Episode 57 Preview

Hae-mi and Yoon-hee arrange a meal to make Yeong-i in trouble at a gathering of all the adults in the family.
Yoon-hee tricks her family by using her wedding anniversary with Lee Jae-jae as an excuse to go out to dinner with her chairman Jang, and Kyung-jun expresses disapproval when she promises to take Yeong-i and Mi-nae to an amusement park...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

If I were HH and wanted to bring KJ down, I would actually not marry him off with HaeMi. HH recognizes that HM is like her which means in time to come, HM will be capable of undermining HH's authority as well.

Not only that. With such blind devotion to KJ, if KJ is despicable enough to want to make use of HM, HH will lose this pawn in a blink of eye. 

1 hour ago, Zoaze said:

KJ,YY,Mirinae ended up taking a cab and dumping DS there.

:lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Had a few good laughs watching the clips alone. But wow, HM’s mouth is full of lies. She lied to her parents about the photograph thing, and that YY is seeing no one. In the preview, she also arranged for the family meet up at Grandma’s restaurant, hoping to humiliate YY in front of everyone. I cannot wait, because I know her plan will just fail. She doesn’t know that Grandpa has been there a couple times now and well acquainted with the family. She also doesn’t know that her father knows Grandpa. I hope to see Grandpa gives his disapproval to her actions. 

I love that KJ is always reassuring YY about their relationship. The way he held YY’s hand when DS was making a scene at EJ’s cafe. Also the way he assertively told DS that he cannot join them for dinner. The way Mirinae turned her head towards DS in agreement with what KJ said made me LOL... 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@Zoaze @ktcjdrama I am looking forward to HM's "dinner" to expose it all. I don't know if she realises  that the more she tries to corner KJ, the harder KJ pushes back.  And let's just have it all thrown out in the open . I don't even mind YY's in laws finding out as soon as possible. 

The only approval that the leads ever needed has already been secured. How adorable is this scene. MiRiNae is the best girl. Facepalm to DS who thought that he could use MRN to guilt YY and KJ. 

So much chemie here between this "father-daughter" duo

FkbYH_aagAE6JRo?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Facepalm to DS who thought that he could use MRN to guilt YY and KJ. 

He didn’t know Mirinae and KJ are besties 😄

Talking about guilt-tripping, that was what HM wanted to do with the photograph. She pointedly asked if YY now feels guilty after seeing her husband’s picture. Gosh 😂 ... I am just so proud of YY talking back to HM. Also when she warned DS to back off. He was actually scared of her, LOL... I guess no one knows that YY practice taekwondo, right? Which reminds me about the clip of EH and HM... He is a gentleman and a true friend. He sees through HM’s belittling of YY. Well, not that HM was being discreet about it. She was totally putting YY down in front of EH, which reaffirm her being dumb. She played her cards wrong with EH because of her arrogance. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM Regarding HM, It's a comedy at this point with all her plots blowing right back in her face 😂.

It was fun watching the trio completely shutting DS out. Even Mirinae couldn't care less about him 🤣. KJ sweet scene of putting Mirinae to rest at the cafe made EJ and YY so happy. They should have included the scene of them eating and cut down on other scenes.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

You know this show is such a hit - Gallup Korea ( a research institute) often surveys what locals like. Most recently, the top TV show is Reborn Rich - no surprise there. But at #2 was this show. That was surprising - good writing for the story especially the leads ( coupled with strong acting) can make all the difference even for these lower budget family dramas. 

Source: https://www.tvreport.co.kr/2125791

From BSH's IG ...he's got quite a few photos with the actress that plays MRN. Clearly he's built a bond with her that has translated on screen

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Preview translation

KJ Father: We’re going to take your grandfather out for lunch for once. We’ve made reservations at a restaurant.
Grandmother: At lunch, PhD Kim’s said that they would come pick us up. They said that they would take us out and buy us something delicious, including you, Young Yi.
HM: Lee Young Yi, I will expose everything about you today. In front of Kyung Joon and the families, let’s see how righteous your face will be.

I feel as if this is going to backfire on HM pretty spectacularly. She's proposing to "expose" the family relations, but at the end of the day, HM is the one who is being a petty, vindictive witch towards a family member because the guy that she wants to claim as hers actually has the nerve to like YY instead. HM's pride has been hurt because YY is less educated, less worldly, and a widow with a child. However, HM doesn't see that YY makes everything better and the people around her happier while HM is a walking nightmare. HM is even a burden to her parents actually given how much of their money she spends and how thoughtlessly she treats them.

I should also note that the grandmother refers to her second son as "Kim Bak-sa". "Bak-sa" literally means a person who holds a doctorate, i.e. a PhD. In America, we would probably refer to him as Dr. Kim or perhaps even Professor Kim if he had been within a teaching system, but didn't want it to get confusing with a PhD (Philosophy Doctorate) versus an MD (Medicine Doctorate).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

From BSH's IG ...he's got quite a few photos with the actress that plays MRN. Clearly he's built a bond with her that has translated on screen

I think he became a new father recently? He'll make a great dad.

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think it's because HH values her own abilities so highly that she thinks that she can get HM to do what HH wants her to do. She sees HM as a younger version of herself, meaning amoral and willing to do whatever it takes to get what she wants, so that HM would be willing to go along with HH to cement her own place in the family.

If HH had an ounce of a brain, she would see that HM, being like herself, would be hard to control once HM got what she wanted, e.g. KJ chained to her legally. Though HH may be right in that HM would be willing to do stupid stuff to keep what she wants since HM will never be secure in her marriage given that she knows that KJ doesn't want her and that the only way that she HM would have gotten him would be to trick him in some way. That insecurity could lead her to fall in with HH to keep her place after all.

Anyway, both HH and HM are idiots, so their plans aren't going to come to fruition. Fortunately, KJ isn't a gullible fool like his father. It makes me wonder what happened to KJ's mother though, and what part HH had in getting rid of her.

1 minute ago, Zoaze said:

@stroppyse This is a disaster waiting to happen for HM 🤣. No way KJ or Grandpa will play along whatever they doing.

Yes, so totally agree! Can't wait to see the rest of this week's episodes!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@stroppyse BSH has a daughter aswell as a son that was born a few months ago i think.

HH will soon distance herself from HM when she gets into hot water again.

KJ won't fall for their dumb plans hes too smart for it and has already decided he will not be controlled by his "parents"

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 4
10 minutes ago, Zoaze said:

BSH has a daughter aswell as a son that was born a few months ago i think.

Awww. I caught something about BSH and wife having a new baby and the pictures looked sweet. Didn't realize they already had children. Anyway, it seems that he's able to establish rapport with children. His scenes with MRN are just the cutest.

11 minutes ago, Zoaze said:

HH will soon distance herself from HM when she gets into hot water again.

Of course! Self preservation is the everything for HH. She's almost like a feral cat.  HM was raised by loving parents, even if they absolutely spoiled her, so HM's instincts are not as feral as HH's, I think. Not being smart also handicaps both of their evil intents.

Plus I have a bad feeling that the drama is going to rehabilitate HM for SJ at some point since there is still a lot of drama episodes to go. In order to do that, HM has to hit rock bottom and then self-reflect on her bad behavior. *grumble* I still won't think that HM is good enough for SJ. Ever.

13 minutes ago, Zoaze said:

KJ won't fall for their dumb plans hes too smart for it and has already decided he will not be controlled by his "parents"

The "smarts" in that family definitely skipped a generation and went from grandfather to grandsons. :lmao2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

What if the storyline went in the direction SJ fell for EJ and EH for HM?

When grandfather offered to set EH the first thing came to mind why not SJ?  Just wondering if the writer realizes the loopholes for some of these characters to take an different path..

it’s hard to watch EJ fall in the direction of such a LOSER, DS.  Even EJ is asking herself to snap out of it. 🤣 

it would be very interesting to hear the in law’s reaction to YY seeing someone new.   

I’m already looking over the bridge wondering what life be like for these two if they officially marry.  It’s interesting change of dynamic for both families.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mizv said:

What if the storyline went in the direction SJ fell for EJ and EH for HM?

I wouldn't mind if SJ and EJ ended up together, but a definite NO! for EH and HM. EH is waaaaaayyy too good for HM. Plus, it's clear that while SJ at least seems to find HM cute, EH just finds HM to be distasteful.

The only satisfactory ending for HM wrt this romance is for her to live for a long, long time with her parents because she can't find a rich, handsome man who will marry her. Finally, after many, many years, she'll settle for some ajusshi who looks as if he has money since she loves money more than anything anyway.

1 hour ago, Mizv said:

it would be very interesting to hear the in law’s reaction to YY seeing someone new.  

It will be a bit of a shock for them, especially for her MIL since she's been living with the death of her son held too close to her so she won't be able to accept that her DIL may be able to find happiness with another man.

I would hope the grandmother and the FIL would be more supportive of YY.

What I think will be interesting is when HM's parents realize that KJ is in in love with YY rather than their spoiled brat of a daughter. I'm not sure about HM's father, but HM's mother is definitely going to flip out.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

What I would really like for Christmas is that we somehow still get the Amusement Park date even after HaeMi's dinner fiasco. Yesterday's episode really made me smile especially when KJ declared to the entire office that YY is the one he likes & wants to date. Then of course, MRN choosing ahjussi over sam choon was icing on the cake. 

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I would hope the grandmother and the FIL would be more supportive of YY.

I would think the initial thought is that MRN's their granddaughter ( and great-granddaughter) , so there's always this insecurity that they would lose not just YY but MRN as well. I believe that is a natural reaction. But once they have had time to process and is reassured that for MRN she's still very much Do Jin's daughter despite having a new stepfather (am jumping the gun here of course) , I believe they will want this for YY. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM YY would never cut out Mirinae from her paternal family. They will realize that. Problem is ES and DS. Well, DS can be handled by EJ and as we see today, he was fearful of YY when she was about beat him up. He should be thankful KJ and Mirinae was there. ES will be the biggest pain. Hope we get amusement park scene and see HM and HH plot fail miserably..

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

today episode was pretty boring. The meeting didn't happen cause of Grandpa was pissed at HH but she doesn't exactly back down. HH wrote to HM mom blaming it on that Grandpa didn't feel well. Instead it ends with YY coming to the EJ cafe while both HM and KJ are inside. KJ go fast towards YY. HM calls her sister in law. KJ finds out their connection and is shocked. HM looks pathetic in her bed in the preview. Seems like they do indeed intend to pair up HM and SJ probably. We get an outing with YY,KJ,Mirinae tomorrow. I think KJ help Mirinae ride a bicycle?

Episode 58 Preview

Youngi feels guilty for cheating on her family and meeting Gyeongjun. Eun-jin gives Yeong-i strong support, telling her to think only of herself, not others.
Meanwhile, Chang-i, worried about Hae-mi's unrequited love after her dinner was cancelled, calmly conveys her concerns to Hae-mi as her father...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3