Love In Your Eyes 내 눈에 콩깍지 [2022-2023]

reposting spoilers + written preview

today episode was pretty boring. The meeting didn't happen cause of Grandpa was pissed at HH but she doesn't exactly back down. HH wrote to HM mom blaming it on that Grandpa didn't feel well. Instead it ends with YY coming to the EJ cafe while both HM and KJ are inside. KJ go fast towards YY. HM calls her sister in law. KJ finds out their connection and is shocked. HM looks pathetic in her bed in the preview. Seems like they do indeed intend to pair up HM and SJ probably. We get an outing with YY,KJ,Mirinae tomorrow. I think KJ help Mirinae ride a bicycle?

Episode 58 Preview

Youngi feels guilty for cheating on her family and meeting Gyeongjun. Eun-jin gives Yeong-i strong support, telling her to think only of herself, not others.
Meanwhile, Chang-i, worried about Hae-mi's unrequited love after her dinner was cancelled, calmly conveys her concerns to Hae-mi as her father...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We have Chang Yi to thank for Grandpa finding out about the meeting

HM and SJ definitely happening.

Title for Preview :  [Episode 58 Preview] Why do I care so much about Team Leader Kim these days [Soybean pods in my eyes] | KBS broadcast

• Like 2
  • Shocked 3
1 hour ago, Zoaze said:

Episode 58 Preview

Youngi feels guilty for cheating on her family and meeting Gyeongjun. Eun-jin gives Yeong-i strong support, telling her to think only of herself, not others.
Meanwhile, Chang-i, worried about Hae-mi's unrequited love after her dinner was cancelled, calmly conveys her concerns to Hae-mi as her father...

YY feeling guilty is what I worry about. Because I know this is a hurdle that is not so easy to jump over. While we are all rooting for YY to fight for her own happiness, it is easier said then done. Her in-laws are her support system and she can't just move out as they help her with MRN who is still very young. And intern's salary isn't much - may not cover what she needs to be independent. So there are practical things to consider too. My hope is that this writer be brave & creative , and don't use this reason as a way to separate the leads (even if it is just for awhile) . It will be so refreshing if YY's in laws accept KJ as being part of YY's life, and welcome him too. Maybe knowing that DJ's cornea went to KJ may be a game changer.

But nooooo, I don't want SJ to be concerned about HM :cry:. I have to say I was a little disappointed that HM's dinner fiasco didn't happen. I wanted like a big showdown! 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I believe that is a natural reaction. But once they have had time to process and is reassured that for MRN she's still very much Do Jin's daughter despite having a new stepfather (am jumping the gun here of course) , I believe they will want this for YY. 

Agree about this being a natural reaction. Except that we’re gonna have to bear watching ES being immature again, which will take forever for her to grow up. 🙄 Especially because she has no trust no respect towards YY. 

😔 Super disappointed the dinner didn’t happen too 😄 I had wanted to see HM being embarrassed big time. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, Zoaze said:

HM and SJ definitely happening.

What will be interesting to see if this does happen is whether HH will think that HM is good enough for SJ. She wanted HM for KJ because she figured she could use HM to keep tabs on KJ and because she wasn't particularly concerned about KJ's happiness. However, my guess is that she would be more ambitious for her own son since she's hoping he'll take over the Group, so she would want a DIL who would be more of an asset and bring more assets.

Still think that SJ is too good for HM.

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

But nooooo, I don't want SJ to be concerned about HM :cry:. I have to say I was a little disappointed that HM's dinner fiasco didn't happen. I wanted like a big showdown! 

My sentiments as well!

Btw, from the clips, it seems that YY's FIL and grandmother-in-law are going to be on her side, encouraging her to live her life. The grandmother tells YY that she and YY's grandmother had lived as widows who only focused on raising their kids (including making money to raise them), but that was the way it was in their days. However, the grandmother would never allow YY to work in the restaurant kitchen because she expected YY to be able to live a free life. Rather than being a bird with its wings clipped off, YY should be a bird who flies and experiences life. She shouldn't be bound only to their family.

The FIL also mentions that YY should take care of herself and not to worry about the family. While he was nominally talking about dressing warmly for the cold weather, the underlying sentiment was clear, even if YY didn't pick up on it.

I thought that they would be supportive of YY living a full life. It's DS and ES who are going to be the problem as a number of people have pointed out.

KJ's grandfather wouldn't go out to the meal because HH mentioned that it would be a family marriage meeting with HM's family. She tells the grandfather to leave the matter of marriages for the boys to her, but the grandfather tells HH that he can't trust her.

Preview translation

SJ: I called because I thought that Team Leader Kim might be crying your eyes out. Why is it that I’m so concerned about Team Leader Kim these days? I’ll have to figure it out going forward.
YY: Is it right for me to be seeing Jang Kyung Jun-shi while deceiving my family like this?
EJ: You’re not deceiving them. It’s just not the time yet to tell them about it.
DS: If you’re thinking of just playing around with her, then doing something to her. Just remember that there is a large family supporting my sister-in-law.

Ugh. Yes, they are definitely making SJ interested in HM. Ugh!

DS isn't being unreasonable in the preview anyway. I thought it was reasonable for him to warn KJ not to just toy with YY. Also, it means that DS is accepting the relationship as well.

• Thanks 5

ah my sickness is almost gone but i don't have any sense of smell anymore. Never did a test, but it was probably covid.

@stroppyse Guess he's butting out of YY relationship thanks to EJ. Seems like ES and HM mom are going to be the annoyances among the in-laws until KJ steps up.

Looking forward to KJ,YY,Mirinae scene today!

• Like 1
  • Party! 3
17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, from the clips, it seems that YY's FIL and grandmother-in-law are going to be on her side, encouraging her to live her life

This was my favorite part of last night's episode too. I was very touched that both the FIL and Grandma wants YY to find happiness for herself and not to worry about the family. But yes , the MIL is going to be a pain in the neck for sure. It looks like even DS is coming round to accept it. He needs to grow up and figure his own life first though.

HM is just such a nasty person - how do they plan to redeem her ? She is so dumb to think that KJ will like YY any less just because of the family ties between her & YY. Really role my eyes seeing HM's proud expression thinking she cornered YY at the cafe. LOL

----------------------------

I read on Naver that they broke their ratings record last night. Hope they can break 20%. :Party02:

Spoiler

According to TNMS on the 22nd, on the 21st, KBS1's daily drama 'Bean Pods in My Eyes', which recorded 18.5%, ranked first in the terrestrial TV ratings.

@Zoaze I had Covid mid last month. The sore throat was the worst part for me. After that just some cough & runny nose.  Glad to read you're feeling better & here's to a full recovery for you just in time for the holidays!  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteM Well, i never really cared about christmas. Just a pity i can't smell the christmas food. Christmas is celebrated in my country and 24th so i definitely won't get back my sense of smell by then. Still have some dizzyness and headache. But my sore throat are gone. Almost over coughing up mucus(?) had to use a translator for that word. Oh well, could have been worse. 

Regarding ratings i think most follow the AGB  i'm sure.

TNMS   AGB

제57회 12월 21일 18.5% 17.6% 15.9%

National  Seoul

HM is so dumb it's funny. But it's so comical when the villain isn't super smart. Atleast SFL isn't going on a attempted murder or murder spree in KBS1 dramas. I guess the only one truly evil to the bone is HH. I'm actually kinda grateful to HM since every antic she does, brings KJ to love YY even more.

ES didn't make such a big deal like i thought she would. Well i just have to wait and see until they fínd out for certain. DY will support since it means EH has zero chances. Also she's not as bad as DS. I mean, she share room with Mirinae and YY + she does help out with Mirinae some. Even if she's very immature.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

KJ scolded and was disgusted by HM again. KJ gave YY books that he bought for Mirinae. YY was ordered to do some chores. YY got call from KJ. YY said she was busy. Mirinae realized she was talking to KJ. Mirinae called KJ. Mirinae and KJ plotted for a meetup. I think she said she couldnt ride a bike like her friends. Mirinae begging YY to go somewhere with her. KJ was making something. I think some Rabbit shaped riceballs?. Ms Ahn came and talked with KJ about it. Grandpa came and asked what it was i think was teasing. He asked himself in his head if hes going on a date with Baby Chick. EH sent a message to YY to meet at the cafe later. YY and Mirinae off and YY surprised. YY watches KJ teaching Mirinae to ride. Scene at KJ home with HH,KJ father,Grandpa and SJ comes. They talk and Grandpa say something. It triggers from SJ past with him causing the accident it seems like. SJ close his door while HH runs after. SJ sits on the floor having a nervous breakdown while HH knocks to let her in and ep ends. 

Continuation of KJ,YY,Mirinae in the preview. YY and KJ smile at each other at work. KJ dad realize there is something going on between them. Grandpa says something to KJ in preview. Dont know what Grandpa says, but those in naver chat says Grandpa is the best so its something positive i guess.

Episode 59 Preview

Chairman Jang informs Gyeong-jun that he had noticed that Gyeong-jun and Young-i liked each other. Surprised, Gyeong-jun carefully observes President Chang's reaction.
Meanwhile, Lee Jae, who accidentally witnessed Gyeong-jun and Young-yi's affectionate appearance, calls Gyeong-jun to the president's office with a displeased face...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@Zoaze @abs-oluteM My family recently got infected with covid too 😅 Thank God it was just mild symptoms and we all have recovered. No lost of sense of smell or taste though. Just high fever and some coughing. No sore throat too except mouth/throat feeling really dry for 1-2 days. 

😓 didn’t expect KJ’s father to be quite displeased with YY. All those brainwashing by HH worked on him 🙄 He really is dense. Can’t wait to see him discover what his dear wife been doing and been up to. I am glad we’re moving on a bit with the plot of SJ and the accident. 

Gosh, HM is so disgusting. Always saying that YY is shameless/thick-skinned. Look who’s talking. Last night she also said to YY questioning whether she is brainless or shameless. I cannot stand her. How is the writer going to redeem her? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Preview translation

KJ Father: Was your mother a widow with a child? If you keep being like this, I will have no choice but to think differently as well.
KJ: Lee Young Yi-shi is a really good person, and I like her a lot.
Grandfather: It’s obvious that your father is going to object, and your mother is plotting with Team Leader Kim in order to make her your match. So that your person doesn’t get hurt, make sure that you take care of her.

It feels as if KJ's father is threatening to disown KJ or something if KJ continues to see YY. KJ's father is such a fool. I'm glad that KJ has his grandfather on his side, especially since his father is such an idiot and can't see when his own wife is taking him for a ride and hurting members of his family.

The other thing that I was wondering watching the clips posted was how HM is so certain that when she reveals that YY has "stolen" away the man that HM has a one-sided passion for, that the family will back HM up? I guess HM is counting on the fact that they are her "blood" relatives versus YY who is just an in-law? There are still many episodes left, so I guess HM will have a conversion at some point, but she's so loathesome right now that I'm not sure that I'll ever warm up to her character, no matter how much she may repent later on.

KJ and MRN scenes are definitely my fave ones so far.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I normally avoid HM scenes, however, this conversation between HM and her father was interesting. HM's father isn't crazy unlike HM's mother.

HM Father: Hae Mi, let’s have a talk.
HM: I’m sorry for today. Are you very mad?
Father: Rather than being angry, I’m worried about my daughter. Since you’re an adult, parents’ involvement isn’t necessary. So up till now, I haven’t said anything but just waited to see how things would unfold. However, seeing what happened today, I feel as if I have to say something. Perhaps it’s because your father is old-fashioned, but… a woman has to be with a man who loves her in order to be happy. Even marrying a man who says “It has to be you or no one else!”, it’s still uncertain whether you’ll live well or not. Any way you look at it though, this isn’t it. Also, for me, that guy Jang Kyung Jun or whatever who makes my daughter so desperate, I don’t like him.
HM: Dad. I can’t live without Kyung Jun oppa. Even if we aren’t on the same page right now, it’s okay. If I keep trying, then I believe that some day oppa will also come to accept me. So, dad, can’t you just be on my side no matter what?
Father (voiced to himself): Hae Mi, that isn’t love. That’s obsession. What is going on with you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Mizv said:

MRN and KJ are so adorable.   
She is already growing attached to him. 

I think that since KJ stood up for MRN at the playground, saying that he was MRN's father to that other bullying father, he's been MRN's hero and rapidly becoming a father figure to her. Given that she never knew her father, but had been longing for a father, I can see why she's impressing herself on to KJ so quickly. Whenever there is a father-type activity, MRN is eager to recruit KJ. Good thing that KJ and YY already love each other as well. They do make a very cute family.

1 minute ago, Zoaze said:

@stroppyse Only Chang Yi and Grandma are the sane ones in that family if we count away YY and Mirinae.

Well, CY has his faults. I mean look at the woman he married. I feel sorry for Grandma who raised two sons well only for them to fritter it away with their choices of wives.

CY's wife basically kept him from being a dutiful son, and he allowed it to happen. Also, look at how twisted HM turned out. Even if it's because she was raised mostly by her mother, her father stood by and watched it all and spoiled her as well.

And, at least Chang Il recognizes that YY has a right to have a life of her own without being sacrificed to the memory of his son and in servitude to his family. So, while he's not entirely sane either, he's not as bad as his wife who is a nightmare or his children who are just thoughtless and immature.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

HH is such a terrible mother! She's plotting to try to get control over KJ's life through a hand-picked wife since she can't do it directly. In the meantime, her own son is slowly going crazy over his guilt and shame, and she basically scolds him for having a conscience since he can't be as brazen and as manipulative as she is.

Her husband is an idiot, but at least he's not evil, just stupid?

With parents like these, it's amazing that KJ and SJ are so kind-hearted and not stupid.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

@Zoaze @abs-oluteM My family recently got infected with covid too 😅 Thank God it was just mild symptoms and we all have recovered. No lost of sense of smell or taste though. Just high fever and some coughing. No sore throat too except mouth/throat feeling really dry for 1-2 days. 

Glad it was mild & you've recovered. I took 10days to test out negative. But thankfully symptoms were manageable. I did watch a lot of dramas while in quarantine! 

Just now, stroppyse said:

With parents like these, it's amazing that KJ and SJ are so kind-hearted and not stupid.

This I think is the greatest miracle. Perhaps KJ and SJ weren't raised much by HH who was busy "running" the company. Eun Ho's mum has been working for awhile for them right. Maybe she had a good influence on them. 

I am glad that HM's father had a talk with her. I have been waiting for him to say something but I do get that he wants HM to be an adult and decide on her own path. She is 30 in this show , if I am not mistaken. And I agree with him that parents should not be meddling in their children's decisions especially at this age.  

1 hour ago, Zoaze said:

@ktcjdrama I expected it. KJ dad was the one that sent YY to the distribution center awhile back cause he felt KJ and YY was getting too close. Ofcourse by HH convincing. KJ dad even told him to be wary of his status as a chaebol i think. He's the last one to say that.

Yes, KJ's dad has already been brainwashed by HH for some time now. I believe YY would not even be of concern to him if the beloved wife of his didn't say anything. He is really one clueless man. No wonder his father is keen to groom KJ to take over the business instead. 

38 minutes ago, Mizv said:

MRN and KJ are so adorable.   
She is already growing attached to him. 

She already feels like his daughter...:wow:

FklkxS7aEAUzESi?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3