IkSong 👀 The Super Slow Burn Ship

Hello fellow expert breadcrumb pickers!

Be prepared for a slow burn romance but we ardently wish this ship will sail in season 2~

Ship's names: IkSong

The "Ik" part: 

Lee Ik Joon, 40yo male, Father of Woo Joo, Divorced

RpOiqO6.jpg

The "Song" part:

Chae Song Hwa, 40yo female, Single

tHv6gfV.jpg

Together they make IkSong! 

v0sBdgS.jpg

Their journey will soon start again in 2021 💝

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

One of my favorites FMV. 

10 Reasons of Loving You (sung by The Ade, original singer Lee Seok Hoon)

Rough Trans of the lyrics. (The lyrics and the scenes in the video matched almost perfectly)

With your pretty voice, please sing me a lullaby
And tonight, you live together with me in my dreams
You smile while looking at me with a child-like smile of yours
Because it is you, I am so happy

When I'm having a hard time or when I was sick
The one who wipes my tears gently is you
What should I say about you?

First is your heart
Like a tree you make me relax
Second is your smile
Like a sunshine that shines brightly at me
Third is your touch
You who will embrace me in your arms

whenever I'm having a hard time
I love you

When I'm sad or feel lonely
The one who is there to protect me warmly is you
What should I say?

Fourth is your temperature
You make my heart warm
Fifth is your tears
It encourages me to live harder 
Sixth is your prayer
It made my slouched shoulders become straight
I love you

My dear, please don't shed tears anymore
I will protect you forever

My love, even when I only look at you
I am happy

Seventh is your expression
It made my sullen face turns to smile
Eighth is your voice
It is the one that can give me strength
Ninth is your footsteps
You always come to me in every bad days
Tenth, a present like you

Because it's you
I am very happy

• Like 7

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@stroppyse Put one foot on this boat..and another on WG boat LOL. I have a feeling the duo purposely left the details of what happened when IJ returned. Maybe they'll explore it in season 2?

@wallflowersforjane yes..our ships are allies!

Welcome @Lynne and @im0202 ... let's meet again here when s2 starts~~

I think i should continue with my rewatch from ep 10-12..just so i can post something here! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

4 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Put one foot on this boat..and another on WG boat LOL. I have a feeling the duo purposely left the details of what happened when IJ returned. Maybe they'll explore it in season 2?

I assume that this ship will be explored in S2. My fear is that it won't completely resolve one way or the other until S3! And, I do not like to wait that long with for my dramas! Heck, isn't it enough to be patient in RL and just perhaps get some faster gratification in the dramas?? 😄

But seriously, there is a lot to like about this ship, but also some really big questions. Regardless, I am glad that IJ finally got up the nerve to confess how he felt to SHwa. I keep thinking about the fact that IJ suppressed his feelings to the point where he married another woman! As cute as I find the three of them (IJ, WJ, and SHwa) together, it also kind of bothers me that IJ had married someone else when he knew he had feelings for SHwa, even if he was in denial by then.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

it also kind of bothers me that IJ had married someone else when he knew he had feelings for SHwa, even if he was in denial by then.

I think when he's decided to marry back then, SHwa probably in a relationship with someone else and he loved WJ's mom enough that he's willing to settle down and build a family together. We don't know if both ever told or show about their feelings to each other. We kind of guessed that SHwa liked him during the first band practice since she's mesmerized with IJ playing the guitar. We knew IJ had a strong feeling for her that he bought a ring as a present for her birthday.

I was wondering if we'll get some flash back scenes before 2019 other than the short times during their university days. I need more explanation about what Writer Lee thinks. Otherwise, I'm just going to have some theories inside my head about them 😂

14 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

I think i should continue with my rewatch from ep 10-12..just so i can post something here! 

I haven't continue my re-watch since ep 7! I guess I need to do that too~

In the mean time, let's just enjoy some video that IkSong nation have made...

Song by Paul Kim - (너를 만나) (literal translation After I met You)

The melody of the song might sound a little bit sad, but the meaning of the lyric is beautiful and meaningful at the same time.

1st captain @SilverMoonTea are you lurking around here?  👀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

33 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I think when he's decided to marry back then, SHwa probably in a relationship with someone else and he loved WJ's mom enough that he's willing to settle down and build a family together. We don't know if both ever told or show about their feelings to each other. We kind of guessed that SHwa liked him during the first band practice since she's mesmerized with IJ playing the guitar. We knew IJ had a strong feeling for her that he bought a ring as a present for her birthday.

It was mentioned that IJ's wife had chased IJ until he married her. I assume IJ felt something for his wife, but curious whether it was more thinking that he should get married and here was a beautiful woman who kept chasing him, and he couldn't have the woman he really loved anyway. I don't know. The whole thing just felt sad. Even though, the marriage produced WJ, so it was worth it on that point.

I don't think that IJ ever said anything to SHwa about liking her after he could out that SHyeong had confessed to SHwa. And, I really doubt that SHwa would have said anything to IJ first. So, IJ's semi-confession at the team dinner was probably the first time SHwa had any idea that IJ had ever liked her.

And, she was taken aback by IJ's response to her her question of "what do you do for yourself" when IJ had answered that he had dinner with her. Such a sweet moment actually.

:heart:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hello Kiks @kiklaminho ! It's me~~ 

Welcome to JangHaven. I see that you've found your WG ship and also YYS. But please come and do visit this ship every now and then :P 
@stroppyse I have high hope that they'll sail the ship in season 2 LOL.. it's probably just me being confident based on nothing but my theory last time was..S3 is not set in stone yet and I heard they'll be waiting to see whether S2 has a good response from viewers..soo..I was like...then they should sail the ship in S2..just in case s3 is not going to be produced and the ship is left hanging. Haha. 

@LaLa Take your time..I won't be rewatching ep 10 anytime soon. But when i do, i'll surely post my thoughts here. 
:eeeee:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 8/25/2020 at 11:53 PM, stroppyse said:

It was mentioned that IJ's wife had chased IJ until he married her. I assume IJ felt something for his wife, but curious whether it was more thinking that he should get married and here was a beautiful woman who kept chasing him, and he couldn't have the woman he really loved anyway. I don't know. The whole thing just felt sad. Even though, the marriage produced WJ, so it was worth it on that point.

Yeah, I'm curious too about the reason of IJ decision back then. We didn't know how long they've married before they decided to divorce. I was thinking about what kind of job that she has that she moved to Germany and left behind her 2 y.o kid (WJ international age). The best thing that comes out of that marriage is definitely WJ.

On 8/25/2020 at 11:53 PM, stroppyse said:

So, IJ's semi-confession at the team dinner was probably the first time SHwa had any idea that IJ had ever liked her.

And, she was taken aback by IJ's response to her her question of "what do you do for yourself" when IJ had answered that he had dinner with her. Such a sweet moment actually.

I'm guessing that their conversation during breakfast after WJ's fever at IJ's house open SHwa's eyes about the possibility that IJ thinks her more than just casual friends. The semi-confession during team dinner only confirmed her suspicions. 

On 8/26/2020 at 6:56 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Ahem don’t say I never support you guys,  dear neighbours

Too bad the video that you released has been moved :(

On 8/27/2020 at 7:41 PM, im0202 said:

I think maybe Iksong by end of S2 and mayyyybe gomgom in S3.

IkSong and GomGom hopefully sail in S2. I think writer Lee and Shin PD did plan to have at least 2 season, from what I saw in the special throwback clips. I'd be happy if we do have season 3, but with the current situation and condition, I feel a little bit worried :nervous:

Bidulgi and WG, I hope they are sailing fine in S2. A little bit obstacle but only to make their relationship stronger :heart:

Found this couple days ago when JJS and KJ CF for Oreo's Korea is released. IkSong fans edited JMD's CF for Oral-B and made them a family picture. :SquirtleWonderfull:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@SnowBlob and @im0202

thank you for your welcome gals. Happy to see you again.

I love IJ and I love Jo Jung Suk ,certainly I will stop by often here and I hope we ll see you in our WG home also.:)

@stroppyse

I believe IJ was very sure everything will work well because his whole life he aced in everything he did and logically thinking he was more likely to have a successful marriage with a woman that was chasing him and she had already her career.Just with some luck on his side all would be perfect. That's why he said to Jeongwon in episode 10 follow your heart and not your brain.

Like you, I also think he liked his wife and he thought love will come after as many believe.And maybe it would worked but her transferring came.When you dont see the other person and a deep love is not there from before to hold you tight these times its easier to fall apart.I am not sure if we ll have our answers for IkSong in S2.I think most likely S3 will be their season.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 minutes ago, kiklaminho said:

Like you, I also think he liked his wife and he thought love will come after as many believe.And maybe it would worked but her transferring came.When you dont see the other person and a deep love is not there from before to hold you tight these times its easier to fall apart.I am not sure if we ll have our answers for IkSong in S2.I think most likely S3 will be their season.

That's true. I can see IJ thinking that he will succeed in marriage and that love may come after they were married. I think his wife was unhappy before the temporary transfer to Germany though. IJ mentioned that he had offered to go with her, but she had demurred saying that she wanted WJ to be raised in Korea. That sounds like an excuse to me, especially since WJ is so young. The fact that she left behind both IJ and WJ tells me that she needed some time to herself, possibly to sort out how she felt about things.

I really, really hope that IkSong isn't dragged out to a S3, though, that's my fear if they announce a S3. If there is a S3, then I can see GomGom being resolved in S2, as both the Dove Couple and the Wintergarden Couple work through the issues of actually being together. The Dove Couple have to work through their long distance relationship, and the Wintergarden Couple actually need to figure out how to be a couple.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Another FMV of IkSong. The title of the song is It was first love (rough translations)

singer: Sondia

Eng trans cr:popgasa

The moment I first met you
I remember I couldn’t breathe
In case you heard me
In case you noticed, I felt so anxious, I remember

Your voice was so nice
It was even better when we walked together
Yes, I remember those times
They were days I loved you till my heart ached

You’re my first love every day
Just like snow in spring, I wait for you
The heart fluttering days, the drunken nights
My heart feels strange whenever the wind blows

On days I sadly cried, on nights I swayed
My heart feels strange whenever the wind blows (as ever)

Sometimes, love can be so lonely
Life is always hard
I know, days we were together
They were days I loved you till my heart ached

The heart fluttering days, the drunken nights

On days I sadly cried, on nights I swayed

As ever

• Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

• 3 weeks later...

@LaLa 

As the matter of fact..I did watch that special episode ( I did watch it @im0202 !) I haven't been following any other HP special eps but I did specially that one. 

So for sure JMD was directed to act shy during the shed scene. But what about JJS putting his hands around her? Was that directed too or did he just do that on his own? When I watched it, I got the impression it was JJS' improvisation but not sure coz I only relied on subs (and i believe that bit wasn't translated?) 

:hearties:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I seconded what @im0202 said about the special episode. Especially they are still in episode 1, Shin PD would try to stick with the script as much as possible. 

@SnowBlob If I remembered correctly, in the special episode, one of the staff did say 'Okay we're taking the picture' and after that Ik Jun lower his hand to SHwa's shoulder. The staff also asked JMD to act more bashful, which means that Writer Lee did write how the characters have to act while they're taking the picture in that shed.

From there I can see that indeed both Ik Jun and Song Hwa developed feelings for each other when they're still med student (and possible first love to each other). Whether SHwa will give positive answer to IJ's confession in Sokcho or not, we don't know yet but I really hope they will sail in S2. I believe in IkSong :hearties: 

According to twitter fans, yesterday (Oct 3) was the Sujebi date of IkSong! (I really need to finish my re-watch and my plan to map the timeline of S1). Happy #sujebi date :heart:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: