Longing For You 오랫동안 당신을 기다렸습니다 [2023]

x4vZ6E_4c.jpg?v=1

Broadcast station: ENA / GenieTV

Airing Time: Jul 26, 2023 - Sep 7, 2023 / Wednesday-Thursday / 21:00 (KST)

About the Show:  A detective who was chasing the real culprit of a serial murder case faces the hidden secret of his family. Jin Sung is a cheerful yet nasty-tempered detective at Woojin Police Station who fights for justice with all his heart. Meanwhile, Young Ju is a competent prosecutor with a high winning rate who believes that injustice must be punished through injustice. She is also an old friend of Jin Sung and Jin Woo. Jin Sung transfers to a special investigation team in Seoul for serial murder cases and carries out the investigation with Young Ju. However, Jin Woo, Jin Sung's brother, gets arrested as a suspect of the serial murders.  (source: MDL)

Genre: Mystery, Crime

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Party! 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

BASIC INFORMATION

Production: ENA

Episodes: 14

Director: Han Cheol-Soo, Kim Yong-Min 
Screenwriters: Kwon Min-Soo

Official Website:

CAST OF CHARACTERS

Main Cast

Na In Woo >> Oh Jin-Sung

Kim Ji Eun >> Go Young-Joo

Kwon Yool >> Cha Young-Woon

Bae Jong Ok >> Yoo Jung-Sook

Lee Gyu Han >> Park Ki-Young

Jung Sang Hoon >> Bae Min-Kyu

Supporting Cast

Jang Hye Jin  >>  Hong Young-Hee

Ren >> Oh Jin-Woo

Kim Hee Jung >> Pi Jang-Mi

Choi Kwang Il >> Cha Jin-Cheol

Kim Cheol Ki >>  Jung Woo-No

Kim Hyung Mook >> Chu Young-Choon

Park Hyun Suk >>  Baek Mi-Ja

Jung Ga Hee >> Yang Hee-Joo

OFFICIAL TRAILER

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Party! 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@peperomia @Chocolate come here and discuss... I just started watching and the pace is moving fast. It has all the cast I love too. Since there's no thread, I made one so that we have a place to talk about it. 

@ktcjdrama Thank you for starting the thread for this!:eeeee:Looking forward to chat when everyone is caught up.

@Chocolate I am answering your question about Jin Woo from the Revenant thread here.

Spoiler

Yes, the motive of his murder seems to be his heart. :cry:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Party! 1

OMG! There are people who are watching this too?! I started episode one not too long ago and I liked it. I really like Na In Woo and the character he's playing is similar but so different from his real life personality. I had to really separate the two of them. Haha! 

• Like 2
  • Party! 3

I just finished episode three and even though I knew that something will happen to Jin Woo, I was hoping it wasn't true. 

What do you mean it was for his heart? He was attacked for his heart to give to Prosecutor Cha? I'll watch episode 4 when I get home tomorrow and by then, hopefully, episode 5 will be out too. 

• Like 4

@Chocolate Sorry, I didn't realize you had already watched episode 4 when you asked me the question about the heart on the Revenant thread so I refrained from elaborating in details. LOL.

@Chocolate @Tofu Here is what is suspected as of ep 4:

YW's heart condition was declining and needed a heart transplant. Not sure how long his parents have been planning to target JW, but they sent their assistant/henchman (not the reporter) to attack him by the sea - to injure him enough to eventually be declared brain dead at YW's mother's hospital. JW had consented to donate his organs 7 years ago so when his family let him pass, his heart is suspected to have gone to YW while he was taking time off in the U.S. (I don't think he knows it's JW's heart as all of this is presumed to have been organized and trafficked by his mother.) Fast forward 1 year later, YW returns to Seoul from the U.S. and he is noticeably different which is supposedly due to the effects of him having JW's heart now. (If you've seen Falling for Innocence, it might be similar to what happened to Jung Kyung Ho's character.)

The night YW's parents gave orders to the assistant to attack JW. YW's mother made an indirect comment to his father saying that some people can't stay loyal. So, I'm suspecting JW might be her husband's son from an affair, making YW and JW half brothers and why JW was a good match for YW's heart transplant.

@Tofu This is my first Na In Woo drama. Some web comments have been super critical about his performance here, but I like him so far. (Now I'm curious to see what his real life personality is like. LOL.) About his character, I will say my only dislike is when he gets physical/ violent due to his emotions.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, peperomia said:

Some web comments have been super critical about his performance here, but I like him so far.

He is a good actor, but I have to say I'm still not used to his character's outbursts here. I get that he is supposed to be a brash person but I do feel it is a little bit overacted. His towering height doesn't help, because for me it has almost become like "all bark no bite"... though he did swing some punches. Same goes for the FL, I kinda feel her acting of being badass is a bit over.

2 hours ago, peperomia said:

The night YW's parents gave orders to the assistant to attack JW. YW's mother made an indirect comment to his father saying that some people can't stay loyal. So, I'm suspecting JW might be her husband's son from an affair, making YW and JW half brothers and why JW was a good match for YW's heart transplant.

Wow, I've never thought of that. I am also thinking YW doesn't know who the donor is. Imagine how he would feel if he found out. Kwon Yool is another actor I like. 

Only halfway through ep.5 because RL called. It's insane what YW's mother did for him if the plan has been in place a long time. Poor JW. Viewers are suspecting Dr.Chu's involvement in all this. 

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

He is a good actor, but I have to say I'm still not used to his character's outbursts here. I get that he is supposed to be a brash person but I do feel it is a little bit overacted. His towering height doesn't help, because for me it has almost become like "all bark no bite"... though he did swing some punches.

Well, your thoughts would be in line with most viewers' consensus about him. LOL.

Wow, I've never thought of that. I am also thinking YW doesn't know who the donor is. Imagine how he would feel if he found out. Kwon Yool is another actor I like

This is purely my speculation at this point. Another thing is it's just odd that the mother specifically targeted JW and knew he would be a match. Yes, YW is going to be heartbroken when he finds out the heart is JW's and the heinous orchestration behind it. Kwon Yool is the only actor I am familiar with from the cast and I agree he is a good actor.

Viewers are suspecting Dr.Chu's involvement in all this. 

I haven't seen ep 5 yet, but he looked like he had a guilty conscious during most of ep 4. He also kept the brothers' mother away during the night of JW's attack.

• Like 5

I don't know if it's because I've just had a long day, but I was very sad watching episode four. I feel so bad for Jin Woo if what @peperomia said is true. He was basically murdered because of what? His heart is a matched to some rich lady's son's? Jin Woo is so empathetic and kind. He didn't deserve that. 

5 hours ago, peperomia said:

he is noticeably different which is supposedly due to the effects of him having JW's heart now. (If you've seen Falling for Innocence, it might be similar to what happened to Jung Kyung Ho's character.)

This would actually be interesting to watch if it follows the same storyline as JKH's character in FFI. 

I think Na In Woo's acting is fine in this too. I can understand the criticism because some expressions are exaggerated a bit more than necessary.

@peperomia In real life, Na In Woo is introverted and awkward at first. Once he is comfortable, he is pretty playful but kind of clumsy at the same time. His views on things is pretty outdated so on 2D1N, he's teased a lot for having grandpa thoughts. Haha! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I don't know if it's because I've just had a long day, but I was very sad watching episode four. I feel so bad for Jin Woo if what @peperomia said is true. He was basically murdered because of what? His heart is a matched to some rich lady's son's? Jin Woo is so empathetic and kind. He didn't deserve that. 

I feel you completely about episode 4. It was very sad and difficult to watch this all happen to sweet JW. So, I hope we definitely do see some of JW in YW.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I think Na In Woo's acting is fine in this too. I can understand the criticism because some expressions are exaggerated a bit more than necessary.

Same, but I do think the exaggeration is somewhat intended. For me, it's the brothers' mother and the prosecution chief's daughter who are too much for me.

That is a very interesting description of Na In Woo! LOL.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, peperomia said:

Not sure how long his parents have been planning to target JW, but they sent their assistant/henchman (not the reporter) to attack him by the sea - to injure him enough to eventually be declared brain dead at YW's mother's hospital. JW had consented to donate his organs 7 years ago so when his family let him pass, his heart is suspected to have gone to YW while he was taking time off in the U.S. (I don't think he knows it's JW's heart as all of this is presumed to have been organized and trafficked by his mother.) Fast forward 1 year later, YW returns to Seoul from the U.S. and he is noticeably different which is supposedly due to the effects of him having JW's heart now. (If you've seen Falling for Innocence, it might be similar to what happened to Jung Kyung Ho's character.)

Eek, so this scene was a misdirection! He was the witness.

IRrN0aB.jpg

YW's father seems to have known of the plan. So if your speculation is correct, either he doesn't know JW is his son or he's a real b*. Does that mean he had an affair with JS's mother? 👀 Any idea why JS's mother was going to leave JW at the park when he was young?

But YW's mother could also have targeted JW because JW had been at the hospital for something and did some tests that showed he was compatible. And she kept him as a backup plan when YW's condition deteriorates.

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

He is a good actor, but I have to say I'm still not used to his character's outbursts here. I get that he is supposed to be a brash person but I do feel it is a little bit overacted. His towering height doesn't help, because for me it has almost become like "all bark no bite"... though he did swing some punches. Same goes for the FL, I kinda feel her acting of being badass is a bit over.

Agree. But at least he delivers. The FL is also not so good for sassy moments - if you watched her in $1 lawyer, you'll see why. At least here, she has toned down.

This plot is moving nicely. Apart from the Chief Prosecutor's daughter, there is nothing major irritating that makes you want to scream at the characters.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

I don't know if it's because I've just had a long day, but I was very sad watching episode four.

It's not you... ep.4 is sad to watch.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

The FL is also not so good for sassy moments - if you watched her in $1 lawyer, you'll see why. At least here, she has toned down.

I agree. I can't really get into her character there. I hope the next role she takes on will be something different. 

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

I still haven't gotten to ep 5 yet. Will watch it with 6.

@Chocolate Re: the reporter, I'm thinking he sent the video footage of JW's attack to JS, but why since he has a good relationship with YW's mother? His intentions are hard to figure out, but I like it.

I do think there's something off with JW's birth story. As you brought up, why would his mother try to abandon him at the park? Also, why did she treat him unfavorably as compared to JS? Whether there is a connection to YW's father, we'll see...

Good point on why YW's mother would've known JW was a good match. Dr. Chu may have something to do with it too.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Woah, the reporter guy has a bad case of obsession with YW 😨 The question is why. The latest episodes have given his background - he was neglected by his parents when young so YW's family sponsored him. So did he grow so jealous of YW or did YW's mother do something to him and he wants revenge? I'm hoping for the latter just so the story is richer. He may not have done the dirty deeds, but he seems to be taking advantage of the situations and just waiting to bring down YW (and his family, but they probably deserve it).

The Chief Prosecutor's daughter seems to have found a conscience and is now helpful 😆

YW is brave eh lol? When JS said wow your bedroom so large, YW immediately said he hopes to be sharing with someone soon and looked at YJ haha. Of the 3 leads, I like YW the best so I am rooting for him!

• Like 4
  • Party! 1
On 8/11/2023 at 12:50 AM, Chocolate said:

So did he grow so jealous of YW or did YW's mother do something to him and he wants revenge? I'm hoping for the latter just so the story is richer.

It'll probably just be some inferiority complex, right? Haha! 

On 8/11/2023 at 12:50 AM, Chocolate said:

Of the 3 leads, I like YW the best so I am rooting for him!

I prefer that they all just stay the way they are with no romance. I also agreed with everyone's earlier comments that Kim Ji Eun's character is actually of use compared to the last two characters she played. I tried asking @mademoiselle if she wanted to watch this and my comment to her was that Kim Ji Eun's character has a purpose in this drama. LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

I prefer that they all just stay the way they are with no romance.

I agree. Prefer no romance, but if there is, I am also rooting for YW :smile:

although given what his mother did to JW, I doubt she would ever want anything to do with the family.... 

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

I finished episode six and the reporter is obsessed. It's a lot worse than I thought it was. Did anyone else think it's odd that he has a camera by his front door? Why would he need to have one if he never invites anyone over? 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

My head is spinning from watching 5 & 6. LOL.

On 8/10/2023 at 10:50 PM, Chocolate said:

Woah, the reporter guy has a bad case of obsession with YW 😨 The question is why. The latest episodes have given his background - he was neglected by his parents when young so YW's family sponsored him. So did he grow so jealous of YW or did YW's mother do something to him and he wants revenge? I'm hoping for the latter just so the story is richer. He may not have done the dirty deeds, but he seems to be taking advantage of the situations and just waiting to bring down YW (and his family, but they probably deserve it).

On 8/11/2023 at 8:45 AM, Tofu said:

It'll probably just be some inferiority complex, right? Haha!

I agree @Tofu that the reporter's behavior toward YW seems to be some kind of inferior complex, but at the same time, he seems to have a huge agenda against YW's family as well. @Chocolate If so, I have the same questions as you as to why. I agree revenge would be a more compelling reason versus pure envy/jealousy of YW.

I really disliked the part where JS beat up BMG at the restaurant which eventually led to the special investigation am to be disbanded, but I thought it was interesting when the reporter prompted JS to use logic, not violence, to solve JW's death. So, I think the reporter is trying to leave a trail of breadcrumbs for JS to investigate the truth.

18 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

although given what his mother did to JW, I doubt she would ever want anything to do with the family.... 

This is the saddest part. As far as we know, JW has done nothing wrong. Also, he has always steered away from the family business and marched to his own calling as a prosecutor. Ugh, it's going to be so heartbreaking when he and his friends find out the truth about JW's heart.

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Did anyone else think it's odd that he has a camera by his front door? Why would he need to have one if he never invites anyone over? 

Good point. What's also weird is he seemed alarmed when he saw the alert on his phone of JS breaking into his home, but his expression changes when HJ invites him to her home for a drink. You would think he would decline and try to somehow stop JS from rummaging through his home, but he doesn't. Hmmm...

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

This drama smell like might going to makjang tragedy route... 

And I've been wondering why the title is Longing For You, or more literal translation was like I’ve Been Waiting for You for a Long Time from MDL. 

Prefer no romance as well, it seems CYW feeling will be left unfulfilled and to me GYJ seems only saw OJS as family or brother. 

Sorry so long to came here, it's because @Tofunever bother to tell me that Kwon Yul is in the drama 😂 Time for some photo bomb. 

60gq-L0-3m.jpg

E57-Q8-W-3m.jpg

Z87oej-3m.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Party! 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Apparently, the key to selling a drama is to make sure you mention the correct oppa's name. Haha! I didn't know @SilverMoonTea liked KY that much. 

@peperomia Agreed. He was alarmed but quickly changed his mind when he was invited to her house. Maybe he felt he had more to gain from going to her house than returning to his. Or maybe he purposely set his apartment up that way as a clue for OJS. Whatever it is, his obsession is interesting and I'm curious to know how far he's willing to go with it. 

• Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SilverMoonTea Wah, glad you're joining us :smile:

13 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

This drama smell like might going to makjang tragedy route... 

LOL. I can smell this too. Storyline already has some makjang elements so I can see the end being that way too...hopefully, it will be tastefully done though. As far as tragedy, I can see this too but hoping for bittersweet instead, if possible.

And I've been wondering why the title is Longing For You, or more literal translation was like I’ve Been Waiting for You for a Long Time from MDL.

Title is interesting, right? Maybe it will make sense by the end. It would be nice if it was tied to CYW's character. He's held back a lot his most of his life because of his overbearing/controlling mother. Post-surgery, his sense of self seems awakened -  much bolder and expressive. 

Sorry so long to came here, it's because @Tofunever bother to tell me that Kwon Yul is in the drama 😂 Time for some photo bomb.

Kwon Yool and his character are very likeable in the show. I see that you're a Voice fan(?). I'm assuming he'll be returning in Voice 5 which I am really forward to. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3