Longing For You 오랫동안 당신을 기다렸습니다 [2023]

5 hours ago, peperomia said:

Title is interesting, right? Maybe it will make sense by the end. It would be nice if it was tied to CYW's character. He's held back a lot his most of his life because of his overbearing/controlling mother. Post-surgery, his sense of self seems awakened -  much bolder and expressive. 

I found someone explained the title as per the director's quote. I felt it's too far stretched and I was hoping that your wish about it tied to CYW character will come true. 

Spoiler

Screenshot-20230814-084039-Chrome.jpg

Cr MDL

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Apparently, the key to selling a drama is to make sure you mention the correct oppa's name. Haha! I didn't know @SilverMoonTea liked KY that much. 

Haha you're not really 100% at fault. I thought he's handsome before, but he always landed on 1001 different type of villain roles 😆, so it's hard to fully like him. And his acting in Voice probably will be forever the most iconic role of him and the most disturbing too at that.

6 hours ago, peperomia said:

Kwon Yool and his character are very likeable in the show. I see that you're a Voice fan(?). I'm assuming he'll be returning in Voice 5 which I am really forward to. 

I think they make him too likeable, more interesting and more layered than the ML Na In Woo, it's a bit problematic because normally people should liking the main ML more 😅 And yes, I like V1 and V4 because of the storyline is better for me. I did watched few of V2 cases too, but didn't like it as much as V1/V4. But the ending of V4 is quite a bang with his appearance! 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 8/13/2023 at 5:56 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I found someone explained the title as per the director's quote. I felt it's too far stretched and I was hoping that your wish about it tied to CYW character will come true. 

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, not an explanation I would've expected! Well, at least it's not tied to any sort of romance we're not wanting here. LOL.

On 8/13/2023 at 5:56 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I think they make him too likeable, more interesting and more layered than the ML Na In Woo, it's a bit problematic because normally people should liking the main ML more 😅 And yes, I like V1 and V4 because of the storyline is better for me. I did watched few of V2 cases too, but didn't like it as much as V1/V4. But the ending of V4 is quite a bang with his appearance!

Agree. I actually keep forgetting that Na In Woo is the main male lead. LOL. I watched all the Voice series too. I liked V1 and V4 the most as well. V4 might have the upper-hand if I had to choose one of them. But yes, I think I screamed when Kwon Yool appeared at the end of V4. V5 is going to be awesome!   

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 8/12/2023 at 10:31 PM, Tofu said:

Did anyone else think it's odd that he has a camera by his front door? Why would he need to have one if he never invites anyone over? 

On 8/13/2023 at 3:29 AM, peperomia said:

Good point. What's also weird is he seemed alarmed when he saw the alert on his phone of JS breaking into his home, but his expression changes when HJ invites him to her home for a drink. You would think he would decline and try to somehow stop JS from rummaging through his home, but he doesn't. Hmmm...

I think he is paranoid by nature and given his big plan to destroy YW/his family, it's not surprising that he has cameras installed in case anyone gets suspicious of him. But he has likely taken precautions and thus there would nothing incriminating (criminally) that can be found. When he realised JS had taken BMG's 2nd phone, he immediately destroyed his in the microwave.

Only thing is now he knows HJ is on the other side so I fear he may make use of her to mislead/misdirect the rest.

On 8/14/2023 at 8:56 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Hide contents

Screenshot-20230814-084039-Chrome.jpg

Cr MDL

The text on the poster is interesting! I am curious why Yoo Jung Sook's is "For Salvation" Her own salvation? 🤔 And surprised to see BMG here - thought his story would be over in a few chapters.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Boy was I wrong! But happy to be wrong as the unpredictability is enjoyable.

It made me check the no. of episodes of this drama though as it felt like it was ending lol. But glad to see it is 14 episodes. So we are at the halfway mark.

From this article:

"And Ki Young doesn’t seem to just envy Young Woon, he seems to hate Jung Sook."

I think it is quite obvious that YW's mum is procuring organs illegally for the hospital's wealthy donors. From the above sentence, could it be that she did the same to KY's mother, he found out and thus the steps to reveal and take revenge?

5 Times Lee Kyu Han Was One Step Ahead In Episodes 5-6 Of “Longing For You”

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
43 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I haven't watched episode 8, but I feel like so many things happened in episode 7 already. 

There's even more in ep8.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm totally useless. Must read other's comments to understand what is going on 😂

Was KY working with BMG at YW's mother's direction instead of targeting her for revenge? 😱 If not, why was he not surprised to see these 2? He seemed to be expecting them and even let the female lean close. I remember in an earlier episode, he mentioned something about paying a price for benefits/nothing is free.

(tweet was deleted so only image here)

LIXo0Ds.jpg

And @mademoiselle should not watch this

Spoiler

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 6
Just now, Tofu said:

@Chocolate I feel like there's a lot in this drama we let slide that doesn't make any sense. :laugh:

No no, I think the drama is quite smart except those scenes relating to Kim Ji Eun 😅

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ok, what's going on now? Somebody gimme a summary but don't use abbreviations for names. I'm confused. Hahahaha!

You're not watching? 😱😢

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

You're not watching?

I tried! But decided against it after reading the spoilers 😅

Like, I can't with someone actually plotting to steal another person's heart for her son for 7 years! Also, I don't believe the serial killer is the nurse who killed himself. Na In Woo as a ML isn't really shining in here too. He was smart though.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Ohmegod, now it explains why the drama has such crazy plot! @Tofu This drama is written by the same writer who wrote Graceful Family! For others who didn't know, I was just telling Tofu this show reminded me of Graceful Family with some weird, dramatic writings... LOL. At least this time, no dead fish funeral...

https://asianwiki.com/Kwon_Min-Soo_-_screenwriter

@Chocolate You just discourage me with another Kim Ji Eun's scene :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5

I’ve only seen ep 7 so far. I agree there was lots going on.

I want to say Ki Young is out of his mind, but at the same time I can’t because he seems to have carefully planned things out well.

Bae Min Gyu did kill his wife. KY has video footage of it. However, is BMG also the serial killer? There were items at KY’s house that would tie KY to the serial murder case, but did he plant them there on purpose? I personally doubt he's the serial killer, but he knows who it is.

Dr. Chu kept tabs on Jin Woo. I’m certain this work was for Young Woon’s family. He mentioned his son is in Canada. Maybe he received money from YW’s mom to send his son there in exchange?

@Chocolate I’ll watch 8 soon to see what you mean about the new character and the theory on JW.

On 8/16/2023 at 9:35 PM, Chocolate said:

I think it is quite obvious that YW's mum is procuring organs illegally for the hospital's wealthy donors. From the above sentence, could it be that she did the same to KY's mother, he found out and thus the steps to reveal and take revenge?

I agree with this and your speculation about KY's mother possibly being a victim. There has to be a compelling reason for him to want to take down the family this badly.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Another twist for ep 8 and a new character!

@peperomia Your theory about Jin Woo could be right!

OMG, I assume the new character is supposed to be Jin Woo’s biological mom? I had a feeling there might be more to his birth story. Let’s see if there is a connection to Young Woon’s family. There must be since she wants to bring them down.

--------
Overall, I thought episode 8 was pretty good.

So, is it pretty safe to say both Bae Min Gyu and Ki Young are the culprits in the serial killings? Based on BMG’s perversion, I think he executed the killings and KY helped set-up.

I thought the dialogue between BMG and KY at the vacation home and between YW and the psychologist at KY’s house gave some clues and insight into KY’s psychology:

1.    KY confirmed he has a grudge against YW’s family. Specific to YW, his goal is to hurt him mentally and emotionally which is why he wanted to kill Young Joo. (I think what will really break YW is when he knows the truth about JW's death.)
2.    BMG asked KY if YW’s family sponsorship of him was a guise to hide abuse and therefore, he wants revenge. This question seemed to trigger something in KY. What does this mean?
3.    YW said KY was supposedly abandoned by his mom. Could there be more to her disappearance?
4.    The psychologist said the Achilles heel in the painting indicates the crime’s motive should be punishing excessive motherhood. YW believes it could represent his mother’s unusual maternal affection. KY was jealous and unable to understand it.
5.    KY kept a museum of the murders at his house. The psychologist thinks this boldness was due his desire to show off. KY thought he was too genius to get exposed, but if he did, he could also show off his intelligence by having them try to figure out why he committed the crimes. He believes they can’t because he has planned and put together the perfect crime – a work of art.
6.    The psychologist also thinks the identical rooms mean KY believes he and YW are equals. The only thing different was a framed photo of young KY and YW together by the swimming pool. YW said it was taken when KY beat YW in a swimming competition and KY was very happy about it. His goal is to beat him again.

Now…what will happen to KY after getting wheeled away at he airport? :lettalKWA:

• Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

At least this time, no dead fish funeral...

I gotta put it here :laugh:

16850-0-27972200-1568924806-df6a9ed5-4f8

I'm still a bit confused with PKY true motive, his rambling about CYW sweater price is just like commonner complaining and being jealous to rich people. But I think his point is everything just a consumable to rich people. I actually thought mom was grooming KY as the original donor for YW, he's at first probably like YW's mom but dissapointed once knowing her intention.

Back to CYW sweater again it's over 10k dollars, from here I kind of know the ship with GYJ won't sail 😅 

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Hello everyone 

I know I am just starting watching this drama , I have to say I am now hooked. When I fist tried to watch it, I was kind of bored but now I am so interested.

@Alice Wonderland  I am finally here watching 

Will come back after watching three episodes unless something interesting happens 

:lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Party! 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Can someone explain to me what is so WRONG WITH RAKING PICTURES OF LEGS OR ANKLE???

I am a bit confused with why Jin Woo’s pictures were found evil!!!

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

5 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Can someone explain to me what is so WRONG WITH RAKING PICTURES OF LEGS OR ANKLE???

I am a bit confused with why Jin Woo’s pictures were found evil!!!

For Jin Woo, having those photos meant that he may be the killer because the victims all had their ankles slit. So the suspect was someone with an ankle fetish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

For Jin Woo, having those photos meant that he may be the killer because the victims all had their ankles slit. So the suspect was someone with an ankle fetish.

Thanks for the explanation 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was behind, and only started ep.7-8 today. It was hard to go through as I am tiring of all the shouting by Jin Sang. I am not taken in by the characterisation of this drama's ML. I am actually only halfway of ep.8 now and thinking of not continuing. Like I said, I feel tired... but reading this 

On 8/18/2023 at 8:27 PM, Chocolate said:

Another twist for ep 8 and a new character!

made me want to hold on and continue a bit more, at least finish ep.8, I guess... haha...

On 8/18/2023 at 10:14 PM, mademoiselle said:

Ohmegod, now it explains why the drama has such crazy plot! @Tofu This drama is written by the same writer who wrote Graceful Family! For others who didn't know, I was just telling Tofu this show reminded me of Graceful Family with some weird, dramatic writings... LOL.

LOL.... Actor Lee Gyu Han was in Graceful Family too!!...

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Ep.9-10 was good. The introduction of new character confirms earlier speculation about Jin Woo being the suitable donor for Young Won, but even more twisted now with the new reveal. Many things happened and the plot moved forward quickly. One of the highlights was sweet time between Young Won and Young Joo. And I teared up for Young Won when he was processing Jin Sang's suspicions in his own office, and later when the truth was confirmed.

I cannot complain about Jin Sang because he is not just using his fist and loud voice a lot, he actually uses his brain too! A good detective. 

On 8/18/2023 at 9:50 PM, Chocolate said:

And @mademoiselle should not watch this

That scene was one of the reasons that made me want to stop watching, haha... Also the relaxed conversations (at the convenient store, at the garden of the villa) while trying to locate two kidnapped ladies?! Have they not heard of the golden time of kidnapping? They need to go train under Chief Kang Kwon Joo, or easier, just go watch the drama Voice. Another thing that I need to just close one eye was the use of CCTV in the airport, both by Jung Woo No and the police. 

I guess we can safely say that Reporter Jang Ki Young was truly burned to death? His death was not a fake out, right? 

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love