Start-Up 스타트업 [2020]

Jane

FUN BET : Who will Dalmi end up with ?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Dalmi will end up with? Now think carefully as this is a bet. Winners can use a profile picture of their OTP. But LOSERS will have to use the face of DoSan's cousin , Nam Cheon Ho

• Do San
    • Ji Pyeong
    • No one
    • It doesn't matter to me ( specially for Mademoiselle :P)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2020 at 11:09 AM

Naver article Source

"Nerdy explosion"...Nam Joo-hyuk of'Startup' is a reincarnation with a heart-throb makeover.

2020101801001316100090721.jpg

In the second episode of tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama "Startup" (directed by Park Hye-ryeon, script, and Oh Choong-hwan), which will air at 9 pm on the 18th, viewers are anticipating the full-fledged performance of Nam Do-san (played by Nam Joo-hyuk), a genius developer, and waiting for it.

In the photo released, the engineering man, who used to only wear a checkered shirt with his dirty hair, had makeover. The back of Nam Do-San wearing a black suit with a neat hairstyle is captured, giving an idea of his transformation. Seo Dal-Mi's (Bae Suzy's) eyes are surprised and excited as if she is only seen at the party, making even the hearts of viewers tremble.

While it arouses curiosity about what has changed , the meeting with Seo Dal-Mi also brings exciting curiosity. Seo Dal-Mi decided to visit Nam San, the main character of the letter that consoled her as a child, but in fact, the letters were written by Han Ji-Pyeong (Kim Sun-ho) and sent only the name of Namdosan.

Nam Do-San, who has unintentionally become her "cool first love" without knowing Seo Dal-Mi at all, and Seo Dal-Mi, who has been waiting with her heart, are coloring viewers with excitement about how the two people who were entangled by unexpected misunderstandings met.

The production team of "Startup" said, "Nam Do-San's performance, played by Nam Joo-hyuk, will begin in earnest today. "You will be able to see the image transformation of Nam Joo-hyuk, who is repeatedly turning around ," he said. "Please look forward to the second episode."

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ooo found this very good article that summarises the 1st eps

From Forbes

K-Drama ‘Start-Up’ Offers Its Characters A Chance To Start Over

Joan MacDonaldContributor
I'm a journalist fascinated by Korean drama and film.
  •  
Suzy Bae stars in 'Start-Up,' as a young women with a business idea but no funds.

Suzy Bae stars in 'Start-Up,' as a young women with a business idea but no funds.

NETFLIX

Start-Up, starring Suzy Bae and Nam Joo-Hyuk, might be primarily about business start-ups, but it’s also about the start you get in life—and sometimes the need to start over. In this new tvN drama, Bae plays Seo Dal-mi, one of two sisters. Dal-mi did not get the advantageous start in life that her sister did and she has not forgiven her sister for starting a new life without her. 

When their parents divorced, Dal-mi chose to stay with her father, a man with no cash reserves, but a great idea for a business. The older sister, Won In-jae, played by Kang Han-na, chose to stay with their mother, who married again, this time to a rich man.

At the start of the drama Dal-mi is determined and enterprising, but also broke. In-jae is a successful businesswoman, whose business was financed by her stepfather. In-jae is speaking at a conference when Dal-mi confronts her about the choice she made. Sitting next to In-jae on stage is Han Ji-pyeong, a self-made businessman, who realizes he knows Dal-mi.

When Ji-pyeong, played by Kim Sun-ho, was a homeless orphan he found shelter with the girls’ grandmother and in exchange became Dal-mi’s secret pen pal. Their grandmother thought the letters would cheer Dal-mi, who was separated from her mother and sister. The letters did brighten her life. When writing to her, Ji-pyeong did not use his real name, but instead borrowed the name of a math genius named Nam Do-san. That’s who Dal-mi thinks was her real pen pal. 

When Dal-mi and In-jae meet again, it’s not a friendly meeting. In-jae may have enjoyed financial advantages, but her comfortable life has not done much for her personality or her relationship with her sister.

Suzy Bae's character thinks she has been writing to Nam Do-san, played by Nam Joo-hyuk.

NETFLIX

Dal-mi brags that she has a great business idea that she is developing with her friend Do-san, whom she has never actually met. Challenged to introduce him to In-jae, Dal-mi realizes that she must find her secret pen pal.

Meanwhile the real Do-san, played by Nam Joo-hyuk, has started Samsan Tech, a company with an innovative idea but not much practical success. When Ji-pyeong realizes that Dal-mi will try to find Do-san, he visits Do-san at his start-up, setting events in motion that could start either a business or a romance.

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Can't wait to check out eps 2 afterwards...

Naver article : Source

associate_pic

According to Nielsen Korea, a ratings agency, on the 19th, tvN's weekend drama "Startup," which aired the previous day, averaged 4.6 percent and up to 5.3 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area based on households subscribing to cable, IPTV and satellite integrated pay platforms.
[continue in spoiler]

Spoiler

In the broadcast on this day, Seo Dal-mi (played by Bae Su-ji), who remembers Nam Do-san (played by Nam Joo-hyuk) as a "cool first love," and Nam Do-san's first meeting, which has changed 180 degrees to make her misunderstanding a reality.

On the same day, Seo Dal-mi tried to show that her choice left by her father was not wrong in front of her sister, Won-jae (Kang Eun-na), who chose money like her mother. However, she decided to find her first love that her sister couldn't ignore, saying, "This is not convincing."

Choi Won-deok (played by Kim Hae-sook), who felt sorry for her granddaughter, made an unexpected struggle when she asked Han Ji-pyeong (played by Kim Sun-ho) to visit Mt. Namdo.

Han Ji-pyeong, senior team leader of SH Venture Capital, visited the company knowing that the CEO of Samsantec, who sent the business plan to the company, was Namdosan, but was frustrated that he was the startup of the "most unanswered case. "

Another crisis came as Seo Dal-mi found a post on Namdosan Mountain, which started a second-hand transaction due to the lack of funds. Namdosan has no secret that Han Ji-pyeong borrowed his name from him and unintentionally became Seo Dal-mi's first love.

As soon as the distance between the two was getting closer, Han Ji-pyeong snatched Mt. Namdosan and escaped the scene safely. Later, Han Ji-pyeong explained the whole story and asked, "Please pretend to be Namdosan in the letter for just an hour."

In response, Namdosan proposed a deal as a representative of investor-to-Samsantec, asking for the company to enter the sandbox that helps start-ups grow. But it was a disastrous cold refusal to return.

At that time, Seo Dal-mi also suffered bitter wounds as she failed to reunite with her first love and switch to a full-time job. However, behind the tired two young people, there was a family who silently cheered for them.

Choi Won-deok presented Seo Dal-mi with a new suit and shoes, calling it a "cosmos" that blooms when she waits slowly, and Nam Do-san's father also scraped an article on the AI field developed by his son overnight.

The next day, Namdosan moved in her heart written in it, although she was not the main character of the letter she exchanged with Seo Dal-mi.

Nam Do-san, who walked toward Seo Dal-mi, who was discouraged at the fancy party, was completely changed in a stylish black suit, not a neat hairstyle and check shirt.

"You've waited a long time, haven't you?" Seo Dal-mi said, "Yes. I missed you so much," she said with a tearful smile, exploding the excitement index properly.

At this time, Han Ji-pyeong, who turned the car around after much consideration and came to the party, looked at the two people facing each other with strange eyes, signaling a prelude to a triangular relationship that might flow in which direction.

Let the love triangle begin. 

K nets comments 

All credit to: https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-start-up-episode-2-comments.html

In the end, it's always Nam Dosan ☆ No one beats Nam Dosan! The reason single-for-life Suzy refuses to date

Spoiler

Screenshot%2B2020-10-18%2Bat%2B18.48.52.

Screenshot%2B2020-10-18%2Bat%2B22.04.29.

1. [+325][-6]  Napdeuk-ie taught her the good things ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

(T/N: Napdeuk is the character Jo Jungseok played in Architecture 101)

2. [+289][-5] Architecture 101's Napdeuk-ie  ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋSuzy's doing well

3. [+273][-3] Bae Suzy is really good at comedic acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+259][-4] Let the ratings go up...... this is a masterpiece 

5. [+204][-3] I'm going crazy because of Dalmi's charms, she's so lovely and cuteㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Screenshot%2B2020-10-18%2Bat%2B18.49.54.
Screenshot%2B2020-10-18%2Bat%2B22.05.26.
 1. [+358][-5] I think Suzy was born with a talent for languages, her pronunciation is the best

2. [+327][-5] Suzy's seriously good at foreign languages.. Even in Vagabond, her Arabic and English were no joke, it's amazing this time too

3. [+295][-3]  I got immersed in her actingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Bae Suzy, Seo Dalmi 👍👍

4. [+251][-3] Suzy's acting is amazing, Dalmi is so cute ㅋㅋ Even her pronunciation of foreign languages is hella good

5. [+224][-2] Bae Suzy's acting is good ~ It's so funny and enjoyable~   

Screenshot%2B2020-10-18%2Bat%2B19.02.24.
Screenshot%2B2020-10-18%2Bat%2B22.06.41.

1. [+2182][-79] When Jipyeong says 'Did you commit a crime?' as soon as he sees Dalmi, his voice is insane...  Kim Seonho, I love you

2. [+953][-25] The visuals are the plot

3. [+795][-36] Wow when Nam Joohyuk entered and like wow... I was amazed... His suit-fit is crazy and so f*cking handsome wow ㅜㅠㅠㅠㅠ  

4. [+747][-26] When Suzy and Nam Joohyuk looked at each other, I was the one with butterflies in my stomach 

5. [+685][-132] Haㅜㅜㅜ Writer-nim, no matter how you look at it it seems Jipyeong/Kim Seonho is the male lead ㅜㅜㅜ It's sad 😢 😂 😭

• Like 5

@abs-oluteMThanks for the tag! I like the writer and that alone is worth the watch methinks. Let me watch the first episode to see if the actors are able to carry this script. I like Suzy, but have never been too sure about Nam Joo-hyuk. I've always found him to be a pretty face who can act some, rather than an actor with a pretty face (sorry to his fans!). But let's see. He might surprise yet?

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@abs-oluteMThanks for the tag! I like the writer and that alone is worth the watch methinks. Let me watch the first episode to see if the actors are able to carry this script. I like Suzy, but have never been too sure about Nam Joo-hyuk. I've always found him to be a pretty face who can act some, rather than an actor with a pretty face (sorry to his fans!). But let's see. He might surprise yet?

I have yet to be able to watch eps 2. Saw very little of him in eps 1 since the writer was setting up the backstory- especially the link between Suzy 's character and the 2nd lead played by Kim Seon Ho. Maybe I am bias , but Kim Seon Ho was very charming , and having Nam DaReum play his younger counterpart helped fuel my emotional investment into second lead's character. 

Nam Joo Hyuk

Spoiler

For me , NJH sometimes can be a hit and miss. He needs the right director and role to bring out the best in him. Liked him in Weightlifting Fairy and Light in Your Eyes, but not so in The Bride of the Water God.  But I do have a good feeling this role is right for him given some of the cuts I saw

• Like 4

What a nice start-up! It all begins with pretty pretty and trendy style. So I feel the techno magical vibes here. I thought so at first then they start making me tear up with good boy and dal mi's dad. Gosh. This show won my heart just in 1 episode!

I feel like in every Park Hye Ryun works, she always left her traces like 15 years backstory, childhood memories and family bond. And this one brought me back to the old memories of Pinocchio. I think it has something in commons or quite identical. The core is the same but the essence is different. And I amazed to how it got recycled many times but I still love it. Lols.

It was like we're entering the storybook world where it opens its first chapter with such a beautiful title. I like the start-up, the lines, the wise words (psst, will collect some quotes later, haha) and the ost are so nice!

The letters may come from a wrong address but it eventually sends to the rightful one. I like how the flower petal symbolized. I mean they make it pretty beautiful like art. 

To be continue to second episode. Now, I am going to sleep. I mean I have to sleep. Haa...

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 10/19/2020 at 12:56 PM, abs-oluteM said:

In the end, it's always Nam Dosan ☆ No one beats Nam Dosan! The reason single-for-life Suzy refuses to date

Lol. I love this caption. It's so trueee. It's what a fangirl says to her idols. Lololol

I like how DS soften his heart and comes to dal mi not because he was told to or the offer he gets but he voluntarily curious after reading the heartfelt letters and dal mi herself asked him to come. Aww... so sweet. When he says "Have you waited so long?" Aaaahh.... weekend palli waa!!

I don't really like triangle but if it has to be involved. I am rooting on nam do san dal mi!! Hahaha. I love KSH but sorry ji pyeong is a bit annoying for some reason. 

The lies after lies is like building a house on the sand but wonder what if it falls down that feel less hurt as how she falls off the swing? I love how many metaphor scenes inserted here. It does still hurt I believe but as how she'll get up on her feet again this time will do so I guess.

And thanks to ji pyeong for being a cupid for the two! Lol. He didnt learn his mistake last time and now he will. Going to see how he take off that mask and showing his good boy side whole heartedly. The two episodes ended with a note that decisions always comes with consequences. Like it can be right or a regret and both. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM OMO. I've watched it and love it! It's the writer. The writer is really good. I'm still not sure about NJH, but like you, I love how they've set up Han Jipyeong's character - Nam Dareum is just so good... anyone who has him playing the younger version of themselves should naturally be in the running for the lead, no? Hahaha... I'm already rooting for the second lead, but knowing how this writer sets up the characters in her stories, we can almost guarantee Jipyeong stands no chance against Dosan. Not unless this is the first time she changes that in her story style...

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Alice Wonderland @gilaswan I did manage to catch up with eps 2 , and surprisingly my SLS was not as strong despite having Kim Seon Ho as my bias. Nam Joo Hyuk held his own and I thought he was well-suited for the role. In the romance department , I can definitely see that Dal Mi and Do San have an interesting connection. I liked that he went on his own accord to show her support because he was moved by her letters , rather than being paid to do the job. So even though he is still maintaining the lie , so to speak , she'd be a lot less angrier later on when she finds out the truth.  

But I still do really love JiPyeong ( the magic of KSH's dimples works well ) . Being a self-made man who has gone through the school of hard knocks, I appreciate the set up for his character. He hasn't forgotten his roots and remain grateful to Dal Mi's grandma. I love grandma [this veteran actress always has this warm smiling face] , and I do like the cute banter that goes on between her and JP. 

It does seem that JP ( or his staff -the one who analyses the potentials of new projects) may have overlooked the chance of supporting Do San's idea.  JP burned the bridge when he told DS off that he would never invest in his project. This will come back to bite DS ,  especially because now we find out that DS & gang have won that CODA competition .  DS's dad will definitely be over the moon , and DS is truly fortunate that he has parents who supported his ideas as far along as they did [  the actor playing him is also a favourite with this writer] . I do wonder though if that Korean guy who sat on the CODA judging committee is a good or bad guy. I believe he will invest in DS's project , but perhaps there may play DS out? 

Finally the sisters relationship ( or rather the lack of it) will continue to be the key focus of the show apart from the romance. I am shocked that the mum never made the effort to look for Dal Mi or try to reconcile with her when the father died. I find her character rather cold-hearted at this point. Interesting that Dal Mi is trying to prove to her sister, that she made the right choice staying with dad because she thinks that In Jae had the better life. If only Dal Mi know how unhappy she is & how strained her relationship with the mum is despite the happy facade she puts up on her social media. Clearly both sisters have a great deal of emotional baggage to deal with , and are each still hurting from having their family separated. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM 

Feels like a conversation between us at the moment. Hahaha... I do like the relaxed atmosphere at Janghaven though. No pressure to “back read” and explain ourselves for coming in “midway” to the discussion. But I digress. The real topic at hand is Kim Seon Ho! 

I too love how Jipyeong’s character has been set up and how NDR really portrayed his younger self so well. You can see KSH’s JP in NDR’s and vice versa. I’m also loving JP’s relationship with Halmeoni. Theirs is a special one and only Halmeoni can see JP’s heart for what it really is. He can never say no to her. 

I just love how this writer develops her stories and she’s a great team with this director. He’s able to bring out those emotions so well in a single scene and episode. You connect quickly with the characters because yes, while they seem to be common drama tropes, it’s never presented in a cringey, predictable way. Rather, the characters are relatable and real — emotionally within reach of viewers. My husband did point out (and she’s the only writer whose dramas he’s ever. been willing to watch) that her characters always seem to have a tragic beginning. Something very pitiful about them. Yet they are also characters that have more than that pitiful past about them. They’re all overcomers, so you don’t feel so much emotionally dragged down watching them. Rather there’s always a great desire to root for them. And as much as I’m still not too keen on NJH as NDS, I must say I am rooting for DS to succeed. 

On that note of wanting DS to succeed, I don’t think it is that JP didn’t accurately assess DS’s business idea. The 3 of them - Samsan - are quite like the 3 stooges. Except they’re genius stooges. The competition they’ve won is a coding competition and it’s likely the companies out there are simply waiting to buy their idea and codes. But they won’t be able to sustain themselves. That korean guy on the judging panel indeed looks suspicious. I’m not sure he will have Samsan’s interest at heart. And perhaps that’s where JP will come in and be that Sherpa, cos he can’t bear to see Dalmi get disappointed because by then, she would be herself also invested in Samsan’s interests. 

The best scene in the first 2 episodes? Apa quiet passing in the bus. It was so beautifully shot - there were so many emotions coursing through my veins when I watched it. It was heart wrenching, but also somehow beautiful. A certain regret but also peace in that scene. He died knowing he had succeeded; he died not knowing his wife had remarried; he died knowing Dalmi loved him. I think all considered, his heart was full. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
16 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Apa quiet passing in the bus. It was so beautifully shot - there were so many emotions coursing through my veins when I watched it. It was heart wrenching, but also somehow beautiful

This scene broke my heart.  It was really done in a way that would leave you feeling bittersweet. Your hubs is right - all the characters in this writer's shows always have very sad backstories

BTW, I read some comment where KSH said in an interview that there would be no love line between In Jae and JP ...so looks like my poor JP will end up lonely :cry: 

hmm so new stills show all 5( plus DS's two buddies) of them gathering in JP's place ( which I guess is now supposed to be Do San's )  ...this will be interesting.

Suzy2.jpg

Nam-Joo-Hyuk4.jpg

Kim-Seon-Ho1.jpg

Spoiler

Start-Up2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Hello Start-Up watchers!

I am here to share about an upcoming forum game that will be part of Jang Haven's upcoming 100th day celebrations!

This game is organised by members, with members, for members and staff to get to know one another better! Check out this thread for more information to sign up!

P/S: If you stumbled across Jang Haven recently, come join us and start chatting about the dramas you are watching. So many good ones this season! :MewWave:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I finally watched both episodes! I'm liking the series a lot. Firstly, I have to say it's fun to recognise so many actors in this - I can't tell if it's because I've been on such a drama bender lately that I recognise everyone (I normally think I've seen the actors somewhere before, but I'm not able to pinpoint which projects I saw them in), or if it's because they've sort of picked actors who have another project airing concurrently or have aired recently. But yeah, I laughed when I saw Kim Joo-Hun once again since I'm also watching Doldolsolsollalasol and since I saw It's Ok to be Not Ok earlier in the year. Also Jun's scary mum from Doldolsolsollalasol as the investor. The friend from Extraordinary You as Dal-Mi's friend. Do San's friend from Crash Landing on You. That gangster from Strong Woman Do Bong Soon as Do San's dad. All the people I have seen before!! :GrimChamp: :SquirtleSquadCool:

The settings are sooo beautiful with the cherry blossom trees! :BulbaOWO: And the story telling is pretty smooth and fun to follow. This is one of the few sister rivalry stories I've seen over the years.  I was so sad for their father - that's like the ultimate tragic storyline. Really loving the subplot with led to Dal Mi and Do San meeting - the sassy grandma and Ji pyeong picking the identity of some kid out of the newspaper to write to her. I was touched by the grandma reaching out to Ji pyeong even though he was just some kid on the streets (one with such a prickly attitude) but she really knew how to teach him. Ji pyeong has the type of personality that seems guarded and judgemental, but I like that he puts it down when it comes to grandma...and I feel like I'll develop some kind of second lead syndrome once the story gets really underway even though I came here specifically for Nam Joo Hyuk :MewHi:

Even though I like how the story is going, there are a few things that are a stretch to believe sometimes - things that made me go "Riiiight...this only really happens in Dramaland" :ChikoWTF: Like how the sister would suddenly be so mean due to money. You could see they were changing over the years, but her insults to her sister and father were so extreme! I guess there will always be some people who cut off ties for money. Also the fact that Ji Pyeong found Do San sooo easily! Haha, what are the chances! And the fact that Dal Mi judged so many guys against a kid she never met, but wrote her letters one spring. Dramaland tropes, but the story is fun and colorful and has me rooting for all the main characters, so looking forward to seeing the next eps!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

91298802689bb21fd16211bd2d1c2587f71bf0a6

I'm loving episode 3 for the comedy. Kim Seon Ho x Nam Joo Hyuk are a great pairing! :eeeee::lol:

And of course that last scene from Nam Joo Hyuk... I have never EVER laughed so much. I didn't get a stitch but I got chest pain. And laughed some more when I see the GIF.

NJH's IG Update

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Park Hye-run's dramas are the only ones that have ever had me on repeat watches between new episodes! I'm so invested in this drama now. 

While it does seem like some things only happen in dramaland, like the scenes @JenLpointed out, fact is, you'd be surprised how much drama mirrors real life. PHR doesn't use impossible events to work on but rather, she appeals to our sense of serendipity in these events. And it is in these serendipitous moments that we also feel a sense of sorry for the characters when despite paths crossing, some things are still never meant to be. Like the Chinese say, 有缘无分 - fated without a destiny (together).

Someone wrote on one of the blogs about this drama that she wouldn't be sorry for Jipyeong that he would very likely not get the girl because his motivations were not all purely for Dalmi's sake - from the letters to stepping in to look for Dosan, he was acting on Halmeoni's instructions. Dosan on the other hand went for a makeover of his own accord, and appeared at the event out of absolute sincerity to want to help someone who was seemingly in need. Dosan just comes across as being very innocent, naive and pure of heart. In comparison, Jipyeong is guarded and calculative, and so probably missed many opportunities to win Dalmi's heart. That said though, I still feel these traits shouldn't discount him from being a worthy suitor. He's had a tough life and had to grow up quickly. If not for Halmeoni, he would have been a pricklier person. 

At this point, I wonder too like Halmeoni why he's suddenly thinking about his 15 year debt. Is he doing this for Halmeoni or for Dalmi? Jipyeong's story is just richer and I'm gonna root for him even though it seems quite futile.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

At this point, I wonder too like Halmeoni why he's suddenly thinking about his 15 year debt. Is he doing this for Halmeoni or for Dalmi? Jipyeong's story is just richer and I'm gonna root for him even though it seems quite futile.

I will join you on this futile journey  :laugh:

on twitter, there’s a lot of SLS going on

. Gonna watch eps 3 shortly.  Be back with some thoughts

@bairama @movingwheel leave some thoughts here too :D

New stills and spoiler article for tonight

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202010250100194020013251&servicedate=20201025

2020102501001940200132511.jpg

Translated with Papago

Spoiler

In the last broadcast, Seo Dal-mi dreamed of turning the tables, Nam Do-san challenged the start-up to make Seo's misunderstanding a reality, and Won In-jae tried not to be used and abandoned anymore. Above all, the three who passed the first round of Sandboxes are facing a second round of Hackathon (an event in which participants form teams to complete their business models within a limited period of time), a compound word of hacking and marathon.

In the photo released, Seo Dal-mi, wearing a T-shirt with the same phrase "CEO," and Nam Do-san, who is receiving the attention of the two, are all the more curious. Standing between the two women as if they were at a crossroads of choice, Nam Do-san is struggling with his head down.

Although Namdosan confessed his love for Seo Dal-mi, the CEO he needs in reality, besides his technical skills, would be more like an elite agent with proven ability. It raises exciting expectations about who he will hold hands with.

In addition, Namdosan unintentionally became Seo Dal-mi's "cool first love" and pretended to be a successful CEO. As a result, viewers are anxiously waiting to see if she will share her secrets with her in a space for startups here.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Ok this is my first time commenting. I am new to k-drama too and don't know any of the actors here, or the writer. Also did not read the synopsis. So pardon if it is boring or out of point lol. 

I binged 3 episodes today. I thought that Han Ji-pyeong was the male lead and going to end up with Seo Dal-Mi. That this was one of those triangle romances where Nam Do-San and SDM start having a relationship and she later finds out that the letters were really written by HJP and will choose him in the end. That's how it usually is in these kinds of story.

Then I came here, scrolled from page 1 and wondered why are there so many posters with SDM and NDS. Then from your comments, it seems HJP is the second lead! I never thought that at all. He had so much screen time in the first 3 episodes.

I would still be very surprised if SDM ends up with NDS. He does not understand her and this was shown at the beginning of episode 3 when he was reading the letters. Whereas HJP obviously does and that is why he is her "first love". He even narrated the reply to her text message to NDS 10/15? years later - that should be a sign. He was her emotional crutch during the difficult year after her parents' divorce. If all that could be thrown aside for her to end up with NDS, then what would have been the point of this backstory? We'll see.

Surprisingly there were some heartwarming bits where I had to reach for tissue - when SDM's father passed away on the bus and when her grandmother sent HJP off at the bus station.

I started watching because the idea of start-ups and business was attractive. Episode 1 was interesting as the older sister seemed really bitchy. But that fizzled out when she quit her company and joined the sandbox too! The romance between SDM and NDS doesn't interest me - I was already fast-forwarding in episode 3 lol.

Let's see if episode 4 gets better.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 3

@mademoiselle I laughed so hard here ...you know it might just work, it was unique and at least people will not forget you. 

yq2rzti.png

I was cursing a lot that TVN dramas sometimes are so long, but eps 3 surprisingly went by so quickly. I do really like how the story is developing. The lies on top of lies has brought in many humorous moments , and it is interesting that both Ji Pyeong and Do San have gone through great lengths to maintain them. As much as I have SLS , I do like Do San's character simply because he's transparent and is uncomplicated.  And romance aside , I badly want to see these 3 stooges succeed with JiPyeong as the backer. The Korean guy who was the CODA judge would likely take interest in them , but he does not give me good vibes at this point.

I teared up for Dal Mi at the scene where her mum hugged her. It was such an insincere hug and I had wished that Dal Mi did not hear those words from her. She likened Dal Mi to her father whom she thought was a loser. If only she knew that his ideas would have worked had he lived.  In Jae also had my sympathies with the way her step-father had treated her. But I was not terribly surprised since he would definitely prioritize his own son. What was more shocking was the way In Jae's mum taught her to handle it . So it just shows mum is such a gold-digger, and this only serves to confirm that Dal Mi made the right choice staying on with her father. If only Dal Mi sincerely believed that , she would not have this chip on her shoulder and spend so much emotional energy going all out to prove that it was the case.  I believe by the end both sisters would team up and have their own business. 

Yay @Chocolate happy to see you here. The amount of screen time that Ji Pyeong has , the way his backstory has been told , his relationship with the grandma only fuels my SLS. I am surprised too by the amount of emotional investment the writer has weaved in for his character. And how I see it , the Do San that Dal Mi has fallen for is actually JiPyeong as the letters were written by him. Lies or not , it has his imprint. And we always see him witnessing her at her lowest points - this has to mean something . So I don't know what the writer is intending . Lol!

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

@Chocolate Woah you're Kdrama baby! A few nice points you have shared there too, and at this point, I honestly wouldnn't mind a Dal Mi-Ji Pyeong pairing either.

---

From the way I see it, even though Ji Pyeong started the letters requested by Halmoni, he eventually enjoyed the exchange himself and I'm pretty sure he himself was being comforted by her words.

---

@abs-oluteM IKR. I laughed so loud. And so hard. That really did made a strong impression and outdid Tom Cruise's Jerry Maguire "Show Me the Money" - hahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahaha.

You're right about the length of the episode. It was so enjoyable that I didn't feel it was too long while there was 1-2 other drama was like 1 hr 22 mins and I remember thinking this is wayyyy too long. It really makes a difference when the show is engaging. I already like all the characters (the good ones).

@JenL Hahahaha when you watch a lot of kdramas, soon all of the actors look familiar and you know them all. And they can be all over the dramas too. For example right now I'm also watching More Than Friends, Nam Joo Hyuk's mother plays Ong Seong Wu's mother in there. Ahn Nae Sang, who plays the secretary in Dol Sol La is Ong Seong Wu's father in More Than Friends. The actor who plays Kang Han Na's stepfather is also in Tale of Nine Tailed. The actress who plays Suzy's mother is Seolhyun's mother in The Private Lives. Confused much? :lol:

Halmoni, Suzy and Nam Do San's father (Kim Won Hae) are regulars of writer Park Hye Ryun's dramas. So you'll see them in her previous projects.

I heard Kim Feel's voice when Nam Do San drove Dal Mi across the bridge, I squealed!

:OOF: this MV has scenes of Dal Mi's Dad. That was such a heartbreaking scene. I knew he was going to die but even I prepared for it, I was still very much touched by the actor's acting and execution of that scene on the bus.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

@abs-oluteM trust me when i say this.... i was like - my eyes literally got watery with all those laughing and i actually showed the clips of asking him Money to literally everyone in my family ( no relation to K Dramas or wahtsoever) ... everyone just kept laughing... imagine , you are trying to establish your company , a start up and you are in need of funding and you won a hotshot competition but in the end , you just sabotage it by sending unprofessional video message. 

i just could not stop laughing. Gosh , it was so funny. The best part was how Ji Pyong fell from treadmill... it was so so so well scripted.... Gosh.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

The first ten episode crack me up. Effortlessly. I really enjoy how they struggle to keep the lie after lie. But among those lies, sometimes there's some unseen sincerity that will be hard to see later on. Cuz when you mix faked things to  real things. It can be very confusing. But this the story we're going to ride on. So brig it on! I am so ready.

Now the first step to their future success is the start up. Dal Mi wants to go to the upper floor. In Jae doesn't want to be seen as chewed gum. Do San wants to turn a misunderstanding into a reality. And Ji Pyeong wants to pay his debt.

They write their dreams and it's so interesting to see which one of these four will come true, at least the one that close to be true. It feels good to witness how they work to reach their own goals to the end.

And i would like to see how these two girls seeing that big company SandBox was probably coming from their dad's ideas. If he was alive then he will prove to them that all of his dream were real and he's not a fraud. Dad was just unlucky that day so he couldn't make it but I believe these young pioneers will do.

And they ended the episode so nicely with how JP and DS answer to the same question to them. I love how DS confidently acknowledged it while JP denied in doubtful.

I really love seeing JP gets frustrated over DS's video message. hahaha. He really needs a good mentor! KSH looks even handsome when he's annoyed. Reminds me of his prev role in catch yoo ryung. I really love him there with MGY. Opps. TMI. Oh gosh. They shouldn't ever work with that editor cousin ever again! Hahaha. 

Ok. Now I'll watch next ep and brb with next comment late.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 3