One & Only, Forever and Ever / 一生一世美人骨 l 周生如故 [2021]

Despite ZSC not staying in the palace, how he win all official minister's heart which majority also Liu's clan is really quite telling how great man he is. Most of them willing to follow ZSC to die. I also wish ZSC just for once following the disciple's suggestion to be just selfish and go with them. His death also not helping the minister's hostage. But indeed if he ever runaway, this won't be aligned with his overall character. 

I watching this for the love story, but in the end I'm quite touched with the patriotic spirit, loyalty and friendship between General Cui (cousin brother), monk, disciples and Prince PingQing. 

As of those love, it's unspoken confession between them. But their bond is so strong, that even when ZSC dying, she's connected with his pain. 

20210829-130858.jpg

20210829-130900.jpg

Cr sweetestlun

• Sad 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Final Ending :

If anything for consolation, ZSC decision in releasing YangShao (the traitor army general) was not wrong. SY was once questioned his decision and he said what was done is already done. No need to ponder upon it. 

And the small new emperor that he save his life for, finally have chance to ascended the throne. Since he was saved by ZSC and was teached by him personally, I think we can have high expectation for his new era of ruling. 

I'm still a bit sad for the suicide decision of SY, her mom and cousin obviously very pained by it. And she actually have a chance to turn new leaf in Mr. Huan's place (even she might need to be runaway for her whole life). But the ending is perfect for Prince Guangling, he can't ever have her. The desperate look in his eyes and when he's running with his army when he chase for her is quite rewarding & sad at the same time.

I was once said in Discord, bad ending will stay in my mind for longer period of time. And this sequel will lingering too, or hopefully Forever and Ever can help washed this out from my system. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm still a bit sad for the suicide decision of SY, her mom and cousin obviously very pained by it. And she actually have a chance to turn new leaf in Mr. Huan's place (even she might need to be runaway for her whole life). But the ending is perfect for Prince Guangling, he can't ever have her. The desperate look in his eyes and when he's running with his army when he chase for her is quite rewarding & sad at the same time.

she no longer has the will to live on.....sigh....though can i say something to spoil the mood? hahahahah better not

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My heart is aching so much watching these two has to be separated by those ungrateful and hypocrite royal people! 

Spoiler

They dont deserve NC's pledge and loyalty. He is the one who should ascend taking the throne, saving the country from those ridiculous people.

I thought I wouldnt cry, but those two acting is just so touching. Their farewell got me carried away and emotional. Sigh. 

I loved the scene where they explained how beautiful bone that everyone in the palace sees him as a threat and people on the land pledge their love to him. :pandasad:

"Shifu dont come to my wedding" this is really heartbreaking. :cry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
18 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

This ending kinda similar to the king's woman. I just wish she's didn't kill herself, maybe runaway and hiding somewhere else, change to new identity. :idk:

• Like 1
On 8/29/2021 at 12:00 AM, Lynne said:

Helpp... I'm rewatching again.. and I'm sobbingggggg.... :cry::cry: 

same! I rewatched and still cried so hard!! I thought the scene where Shiyi jumps was beautifully done. And the scene where she cries as her mother tells her about Zhousheng Chen… that was such great acting from Bai Lu. You could really see and feel all the pain she was feeling. Like she couldn’t believe what she was hearing and couldn’t accept it. Not only is the man she loved dead but that he died in such a terrible way. 

I had mixed feelings about Yang Shao but I think it was right that Shiyi and Zhousheng Chen let him go before. Without his help, Zhousheng Chen wouldn’t have been able to send his last note for Shiyi. It was also him that Zhousheng Chen entrusted to protect and get Shiyi out of Central State. In the end, Yang Shao played an important role in how the rest of it unfolded. Ultimately, the rightful emperor ascended to the throne. This is what Zhousheng Chen’s sacrifice was for and Yang Shao played a role in fulfilling that. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

I still left it on ep 22. @Tofu said it is much painful so she reminds me to not continue it. I'm affraid. I'm wondering myself why would we all go into this, when we know it clealy they all will end up unhappy. :nervous:

@SilverMoonTea yea, thst darn vow is their biggest barrier. I wonder if those palaces hypocrite can back and forth with their vows why cant he???? The writer really does make it all conplicated for nothing. Lols. 

• Like 4

Hello! So is it another forum of One & Only?:JuiceGhost:

I wrote this in another forum. Here for the Janghaven. 

Regarding the last 2 episodes of capturing of our prince and  how easy he had "gave up" his life, here is my 2 cents :

Firstly, we need to understand that ZSC is a general. That duties and loyalty come first. He sole purpose, like any other soldiers, is to protect the land and fight for people. (This mentality still apply today actually) Is he fighting blindly? YES. To the normal person's eyes. But to a soldier like him, he is fighting for the people and state. For him, every decision that he makes to fight or sacrify is directly linked to how much hazarding his people will face and how long the state will behold. So I believe all of his decisions are strongly based on those only, not Shiyi or himself.. He allowed the dog prince and the rebel Army to capture him easily because he believed that the sacrifice will be more or less himself only and not the people. If he has sacrificed himself, he knew the innocent people will not have to run for the war between Royal Army and rebel Army. The state will not fall yet as there will still be an offspring of the current dynasty to carry on. Hence he let himself go.

Then there is this burning question, why he did not take the throne and keep putting those children or useless prince to be in it? Is he not care at all? His lack of ambition, I will attribute to the traditions, the setting of the story and psychological trauma of ZSC. We are looking at the drama based in ancient China. Period. This alone can cover why ZSC is madly loyal to oath and the emperors.

Also, I think he is very much wounded psychologically. His most loved brother, the late emperor, threw him out and suspected him of treason for something he did out of goodwill - ZSC tried to find Gao Family's( or The empress's Family) sins. His act of defiance led him to be as lonely as ever and as misunderstood as ever. At the age of 13. This was a big lesson for him - Control his emotions, respect the throne and keep himself out of the palace matters. Only then, he is respecting his brother and gaining his trust. He really loved his brother and wanted his trust. No matter how accomplished he is, or how the time passed, this crushed self ran along with him. That is his imperfection. The imperfection, together with his loyalty, led him to his downfall. 

When ZSC was tied and ready to get killed, RJL acted as if there is no emotion left of him. Only when he is thinking about Shiyi, then he faintly smiled. Otherwise, blank. ZSC, from my understanding, might have drained himself out completely. He beared too much for this life. For his life, the death, though painful, was a relief of his troubled world. He was ready to move on (to next life).

What is extremely tragic though, it is the way they killed him. If they have killed him with a single strike, it would have been less impactful. But the way they did to him, it raised so many red flags. He may not have moved on to his next life peacefully like he wanted (based on traditional Chinese beliefs). His glory forgotten completely.  His name marked with untruth. His beautiful bones, totally destroyed. Tragic indeed.

Edited by ma_oo_jw
  • Clapping Hands 2

@ma_oo_jwHello and warm welcome here, thanks for sharing your insight. This thread is combined for One and Only, and Forever and Ever. Please do come here often :heart: 

Since ZSC have lead many battle and won on most of it, I do think he did have insight on how future will turn out. And hence his decision is to release Yang Shao & save the little crown prince. And he was right. It's just most of people can't see his long term view. 

• Like 1