One & Only, Forever and Ever / 一生一世美人骨 l 周生如故 [2021]

@SilverMoonTea - In the novel, there are not many cringey lines. I actually don't think there are any at all. They both just love each other unconditionally. 

I love that the drama is giving Zhousheng Chen the opportunity to tell Shi Yi he loves her. In the novel, Shi Yi said it two or three times but Zhousheng Chen never replied -- he show her through his actions. 

Like Jiang Yu Cheng said to Zhou Chuan in Moonlight, woman need to hear those three words too. :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished on the same day The Oath of Love is scheduled to air. Yay! 

No Boundary, which was aired on iQIYI, had a break of about one week between both seasons. I'm hoping that it'll be a similar break between OaO and FaE. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

iQiyi reminding you guys to tune in tonight yea lols @SilverMoonTea @Alice Wonderland @movingwheel proof your love for Allen and TUNE IN!!! ROFL hahahah :laugh:

@themarchioness @Lynne u guys fav book....and i guess we're lucky they really show the sad part first? hahaha

@Tofu you're tuning in??? i know you have finish ur current one AS YET!! lols

@Yana @Mizv in case you guys looking for something fresh to watch....this might be a good pick??

@SilverMoonTea see i help u to promote

@40somethingahjumma are you going to watch this one? hahaha i dunno what will happen though cause im not sure if i will tune in as yet hehehehe

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Let me leave this beautiful comments from Hoju as the closing chapter of Zhousheng Chen and Eleven's past live.

"Beauty is offered, a soul is given in return : a love in which no words are needed to express it for it is mutually understood"

Anyone catch the couple of parallels of the ancient life to the modern times? I love the details…

There were a few comments last update about being hesitant about Eleven and ancient Zhousheng Chen’s relationship in that it was the forbidden romance between teacher and student. So, now that you have had a glimpse of their lives in the ancient times, what do you think of their relationship?

I would not use “romance” to describe their relationship. I don’t feel that their relationship is like one of those relationships often portrayed in dramas where the two are with great difficulty suppressing their feelings for one another, which may be sometimes ignited by an unintended brush of fingers or something along those lines. This brief glimpse of their past life is for us to have insight into the man that ancient Zhousheng Chen was, how his bones were truly beautiful. Shi Yi’s love for him was not simply because he was the teacher who cared for her when she was alienated from everyone, and was something much more than the heart-racing feeling a young girl gets for the man she likes. She had a deep, heartfelt respect for him and, despite having never left the prince’s manor, knew how great a man he was, how his heart was bigger than just the romantic love between a man and a woman.

I had mentioned that “beauty is offered, a soul is given in return” also describes a love in which no words are needed to express it for it is mutually understood. How appropriate that is for a mute Eleven and for them. Their love for one another would forever be mute, never to be expressed or even thought upon, because she was the crown princess, he was her teacher; it was never to be. They knew of the other’s love, as evidenced by Zhousheng Chen’s final note to Eleven, but it would forever stay only in their eyes and never be spoken, not a passionate, doe-eyed look of forbidden love but one of mutual understanding.

Love without an outlet can go nowhere but become deeper and deeper, and when Eleven realized it was her family’s treachery that had brought about his death, how could she remove herself from the guilt?

That last historical account of Xiao Nanchen Prince’s life makes my heart ache every time. The unfeeling words of the history books stating the “facts” — committed treason, allegedly had an affair with the crown princess — is more callous than outright rebuking him, for it so coldly writes off his entire life of loyalty, military achievements, dedication to the people and country, and all his talents. And then, when you begin truly reading into the words and imagining his hours of torture and people on the streets rebuking him… 

Links: https://hui3r.wordpress.com/2015/05/13/one-life-one-incarnation-beautiful-bones-一生一世美人骨-insert-chapter-1-2/

• Like 4