One & Only, Forever and Ever / 一生一世美人骨 l 周生如故 [2021]

11 hours ago, mayicoryn said:

My thoughts on the first 5 Chapters.

Thanks for sharing, @mayicoryn!! I'll be back to comment and share mine too. I finished the chapter with their past life and now I'm back to their present life's story. I think I'm either on chapter 6 or 7, I can't remember anymore. Haha!

• Heart Eyes 1

Shi Yi bit down lightly on her lip as she listened to him continue to explain.

“I have some personal reasons for doing this,” Zhousheng Chen told her. “We are not strangers to one another, and we both have favourable feelings towards each other. Perhaps we could try betrothal.”

Her thoughts were truly in turmoil from his logic. “Favourable feelings means we should get engaged?”

“I do not know many girls. If I must become engaged, I wish that it is to you and not a stranger.”

A twist, and it feels surprisingly so sudden but it is good. I feel like I spent too much time reading to finally reach this part.

6 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I didn't think there was an air date, yet?  So they are just heavily promoting them/the drama even without a confirmed air date?  (Which seems an interesting thing to do, if that's the case, but who am I to say?  :P)

iQIYI is promoting the following seven dramas at their romance dramas set to air this summer. I think they have similar promotions up for the other ones because I remember seeing photos of those floating around. 

I can only see Forever and Ever, Moonlight, Sweet Teeth, First Love Again, and Love Under the Full Moon on my iQIYI account. I can't see the others even though I've seen photos of people showing that they can see some of the other ones. 

Spoiler

KJvYsJH.jpg

Because I imagine gege as zhouseng chen while reading the novel so it is all like playing as scenes in my head. I like the slow burn romance here. They indeed living in a present day but the vibes feels like they're still in the period time.

SY likes him a lot and he somehow didn the same thing gradually for her. I like how he gives all his efforts in cultivating their "research". I like how he treats her so well and tries to make their love grows bigger. 

So when will this be aired? Any date set yet perhaps? :heiboi:

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/24/2021 at 6:29 AM, mayicoryn said:

Yas I am still reading it. I am on chapter 10 right now. Maybe I will finish it this week too :heart:

Yay! Let me know how you end up liking the novel when you're done.

Spoiler

I said it to @Lynne already, but Zhousheng Chen's family is really crazy. I cannot believe they did all of that to Shi Yi but I do appreciate that she had some good people around her when those stuff did happen. I can understand why Zhousheng Chen did not share his family dynamics to her, even though I know he would if she asked. 

Zhousheng Chen loved Shi Yi in his own special way and even though he never once said he loved her in the novel, his action showed how much he truly did. 

@Alice Wonderland -- I think it may be in June/July that it'll air. After Moonlight, it seems like The Day of Becoming You is next. However, No Boundary ended this week so there's a possibility it'll take that time slot too. I don't know but after reading Beautiful Bones, I would like it to air soon!! :taebtsbeg:

• Like 3
Spoiler
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Zhousheng Chen loved Shi Yi in his own special way and even though he never once said he loved her in the novel, his action showed how much he truly did. 

@Tofu 

Spoiler

Yes!!!! it was IMHO in ZSC case it was a slow burn.. where he slowly falls for her with each discoveries of her uniqueness... and her unconditional acceptance of him. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think it may be in June/July that it'll air. After Moonlight, it seems like The Day of Becoming You is next. However, No Boundary ended this week so there's a possibility it'll take that time slot too. I don't know but after reading Beautiful Bones, I would like it to air soon!! 

Anything with RJL can they air it soon??? Sighh

None of those precedessors are cuptivating for me. So can they just pass quickly. Lols. Time flew pretty slow like this. 

• Haha 2

I am on chapter 17.1 right now and I don't know what I should say tbh. I am shook and wow. The last chapter was intense.

Spoiler

I was crying and suddently I stopped. This situation is so messed up. I am not sure what I should think right now. I don't know if I dislike her or not. (Maybe I understand why SY forgave her but I don't know what I should think about that tbh.) The situation with his family in general is so messed up. And the end of chapter 16.1 was :shocked: He had a gun with him? And the misscarige? This sounds weird but this chapter was maybe one of my fav. chapters so far. Oh boy this sounds so wrong. My head is a rollercoaster right now. So many emotions in one chapter. I think I just love the angst in every story. He didn't told her because he was afraid that she would leave. The thing is when ZSC was under suspicion of murder, I would run far away and just leave. But well she knows him from her past, she knows what they went through. Of course she would nerver leave him.

• Clapping Hands 1
8 hours ago, mayicoryn said:

I am on chapter 17.1 right now and I don't know what I should say tbh. I am shook and wow. The last chapter was intense.

I know! So many things happening all at once!

Spoiler

I really liked the sister too but finding that out was really disheartening. Did you catch that Mei Xing was the Crown Prince that Shi Yi was supposed to married in her past life? That blew my mind because I was not expecting it at all. Looking back, I should have known because the novel did hint that Mei Xing was interested in Shi Yi. 

Shi Yi loves him so unconditionally. I don't know if I can ever love someone that unconditionally like her. She's one in a million and I think that's why Zhousheng Chen loved her so much. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

I know! So many things happening all at once!

Hide contents

I really liked the sister too but finding that out was really disheartening. Did you catch that Mei Xing was the Crown Prince that Shi Yi was supposed to married in her past life? That blew my mind because I was not expecting it at all. Looking back, I should have known because the novel did hint that Mei Xing was interested in Shi Yi. 

Shi Yi loves him so unconditionally. I don't know if I can ever love someone that unconditionally like her. She's one in a million and I think that's why Zhousheng Chen loved her so much. 

I finished it :wow:  The only thing I didn't read yet was the Weibo Scenes. But I will soon. After I write this :smile:

Spoiler

I was surprised too when I saw that Mei Xing was the Crown Prince. The part with: he just want's to see her again in the next life has another meaning now after the tea scene. And I forget to talk about SYs friend Hong Xiaoyu. When she slaped DF and runs to SY and hugged her while crying and saying that she would protect her like she always had. Ahh my heart still hurts. Suddenly the story turns into a thriller :GrowDerp: I didn't expect all of this. I thought it would be a story about a couple who meets again after they got separated in there past life and now they can live a normal life but well everything escalated after the Bremen incident. But a story without angst is kinda boring (for me) so I liked it :laugh:ZSC never said I love you to her and I am fine with it. In my opinion you don't need to say it. Just show them. And SY knows that he loved her too. I really liked it when he was asking her if he could kiss her. When I saw someone was asking the other person if he/she could kiss him/her I thought that it was awkward to ask this question. That was a few years ago. But now I am team ask first then kiss. Consent from both are important. I am so glad that you asked me if we could read this book together. If it wasn't for you then I think I would read it after the drama was aired. The only thing I need to do now is to wait for the drama to air. After reading it I realised something. SY/Eleven was mute in her past life and now she is a voice actor. (And this time she could finally say his name) My brain is slow but for me to recognized this makes me proud :GrimChamp: This love story was sad and beautiful at the same time.

11 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Ah.. btw just curious, they need to pass the cencorship phase?? Wait.. what probably would be cencored here? I mean if it tv drama or movie in our country, I dont need to ask why, but why this also happens for cdrama?? 

For Chinese dramas, every drama has to register before they can begin filming. After filming, they need to pass the censorship. If a drama doesn't pass censorship, the production company has to edit the entire drama again and resubmit. Once a drama pass censorship, they can air whenever they want. Censorship is put in place so a drama doesn't try to distort facts (e.g. Chinese history, etc.), promote a lifestyle that's looked down upon (e.g. BL, etc.), and other reasons I don't quite understand. Haha! I think they should consider putting the English titles through censorship too because some of them are just wrong, right @NiteWalker:laugh:

Glad to hear that both pass censorship, which means any time now!!! :jinbtsyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1