Mouse 마우스 [2021]

Mouse continues to stay interesting, except the intertwining of murders are starting to become complicated / convoluted because I find myself confused when the victim names were flying left, right and centre since I have trouble remembering who/what/which they are.

Perhaps Mouse is called Mouse because mouses are used as test subjects in animal testing and it fits Ba Reum since he's unwilling become Han Seo Joon's first brain transplant test subject.

I definitely didn't see the writer planting another serial killer when we were shown the scenes of the two pregnant mothers talking. We speculated there may be 3 psychos but we didn't include Woo Hyung Chul because he was not shown. Gotta give the writer some credit.

I wish Ba Reum would let Woo Hyung Chul finish his speech because I wanted a confirmation why Bong Yi is also her target. Now I've to resorted to guessing. Since he kills women that's not up to his standard thus he wanted to kill Bong Yi because Bong Yi was "tainted".

I hope it's another red-herring that Ba Reum killed Woo Hyung Chul. We still have half of the drama to go so we cannot possibly have Ba Reum really killing someone so soon isn't it?

There are still so many things unconfirmed or unresolved. I just hope the writer remembers to address them all by the time we are at the finale episode.

• Since Ba Reum now has blurry flashbacks of Halmoni being killed and setting fire to Song Sung Ho, this confirms Yo Han is the killer, right?
  • Did Yo Han kill halmoni or it was a memory of him witnessing someone else kill halmoni? Why did Ba Reum smelled mint (which should now be confirmed mint = Woo Hyung Chul)?
  • Who kill Moo Chi's brother? I'd think this is Yo Han?
  • Did Ba Reum really see the brooch and necklace? Or is that him imagining things?
  • Is Yo Han the one kidnapping the boy? - because the walls are still different between the two.
  • Why is Yo Han, a serial killer, observing Ba Reum?
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1
On 4/1/2021 at 9:27 PM, mademoiselle said:

Mouse continues to stay interesting, except the intertwining of murders are starting to become complicated / convoluted because I find myself confused when the victim names were flying left, right and centre since I have trouble remembering who/what/which they are.

Agreed. I got lost in ep 10 after they kept on spitting out names of super minor characters but are crucial for the case. 

We also now have hallucinations as another potential cause of confusion which will most likely be a recurring thing now. That's on top of memories that we don't know who's, flashbacks that look like part of the present scene, actual flashbacks, dimly lit scenes that conveniently cover only the face of the killer, and so on. 🤣

I definitely didn't see the writer planting another serial killer when we were shown the scenes of the two pregnant mothers talking. We speculated there may be 3 psychos but we didn't include Woo Hyung Chul because he was not shown. Gotta give the writer some credit.

Right? The three tests still the main culprit up to this day. Made everyone think either (a) there should be 3 psychos (b) there's only 3 psycho's, but (a) only 2 were "confirmed" positive - at least from ep 1 - and (b) there can be x amount of psychos out there. 😆

There are still so many things unconfirmed or unresolved. I just hope the writer remembers to address them all by the time we are at the finale episode.

Yes. There's really nothing conclusive yet and even questions from episode 1 haven't really been answered till now. In this drama, nothing is conclusive until 1,000% clear. 🤣

It's still not confirmed that YH is the killer, we just narrowed it down to the two of them and not a 3rd party - at least for the parts of the deaths shown so far. 🤣🤣 With BR's newfound investigative skills, he's also finding clues that YH isn't the killer. He only gets to confirm for himself that YH is the killer cause of the memories he's regaining. So who's memories are those? We still don't know. 

I think BR just imagined seeing the brooch and necklace. That's why it's going to be even more confusing watching BR's perspective. I actually thought that he was just doing his crime scene 'imagination' in that crime scene, until he actually touched body. 🤣🤣

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

He only gets to confirm for himself that YH is the killer cause of the memories he's regaining.

I think ultimately he will burst his own bubble without him knowing 😅 then I think that point we will get an explanation of why the lack of screen time in the beginning. That said it will mean we can get coconut head bareum 

EA3-B911-C-8-FEC-4941-8-FE9-16886-F29-AD

• Haha 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

NEXT WEEK DRAMA ANNOUNCEMENT:

WEDNESDAY: SPECIAL EPISODE 

THURSDAY: EP 11

So from next week onwards, we will back track an episode, meaning finale episode will be pushed to another week. With EP 19 being placed on the Thursday 6 May slot.

Edit: Last episode date has been shifted to 12 May 2021

• Like 6

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Still having conflicting thoughts whether I should believe in ‘brain transplant’ twist as a justification to the title “Mouse” and how the story will revolve around the experimentation theory until I decided to truly focus on watching even from the beginning and yas! I can’t blame the writer or complain about the hilarious “frontal lobe” transplant,.I have been warned 👇

spacer.png

🤦‍♀️

Anyway, no matter what new ‘revelations’ will be thrown at me, I will still stick to my hunch from the very beginning which is BR as the serial killer of the 7 deadly sins and after watching ep. 9-10, I forgot the rest of my theories actually. Only that BR is a psychopath killer. Period 😂

Right now, I am still in doubt of P.D Choi’s character and intention of not revealing everything she knows which will actually make the investigation faster. 

I’d agree that the ‘transplant’s loophole is actually influencing good/genius YH judgement to actual psychopath mind of BR. Current BR’s memory is confused by all shocking/complicated information fed to him but BR pleading to be good inside the church is obviously a recap of JH asking for help. I’ll stop here and hope to sleep after seeing that girl in white hanging in the double deck I’ve seen in pinterest before and planned to actually copy it for my daughter but absolutely a NO NO now :shocked:

Actually, the red reflection of my mouse in our cctv monitor which is very noticeable when the room light is turned off makes me think of all the ‘red’ I see in Mouse and so I want to plug out the mouse or go to the tech hub and look for mouse with either blue reflection or no backlight at all :smug:.

Question: Is the special episode on April 7, a part of the original plan? or the creators were just compelled to air this episode because of the ‘confused’ viewers clamor for understanding of the flow of the story? 

Edited by Seung-Min
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
38 minutes ago, Seung-Min said:

Question: Is the special episode on April 7, a part of the original plan? or the creators were just compelled to air this episode because of the ‘confused’ viewers clamor for understanding of the flow of the story

It was quiet a sudden plan. They drop an article stating that they will be on hold/taking a break. Honestly..we don't know why they did it. Its either just a lie so that they have more time to film or they had to re write the story which I really hope not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Special episode because people are confused? I know that there are those who believe that Yo Han was SK, but it is obvious that it is Bareum. My only question is whether he had help. Because in the episode of the priest's death he suddenly became The Flash to be in so many places and do so many things at the same time. Honestly it will only be a turnaround for me, or a surprise if Bareum is not the killer. If the author makes him the good son that HH did not expect. A genius who had a different life than he really showed, but still fighting his evil genes. The rest will be the monster having remorse after a brain transplant because the part he received was from a person who had empathy.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Vanusa said:

Special episode because people are confused?

I am not sure about that, but from my understanding they just want to review everything said to ‘give everyone a better understanding’ cause episode 11 it will be very different from the past 10 episodes.

By the way, welcome! 

• Like 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

I just got reminded when I saw this scene

This scene confused me now because if Yo Han is a psycho, would a psycho have wanted to take his own life? Then again I still cannot explain why he's the one getting rid of Daniel Lee's body if he's not the killer. As for Halmoni, we've yet to find out whether that's really Yo Han or Ba Reum.

• Like 3
  • Party! 1
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

This scene confused me now because if Yo Han is a psycho, would a psycho have wanted to take his own life? Then again I still cannot explain why he's the one getting rid of Daniel Lee's body if he's not the killer.

There is a new man in town. The lawyer. I think he was the one who killed DL? Actually at this point DL might still be alive lmao.

The lawyer did talk about DL(?) he was told he had that gene by DL so it makes him one of the suspects as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

We are quite mouse deprived this few days, there is no article/stills/videos for us. Though I’m pretty sure they are definitely working hard to produce it for us..let’s wish that the rest of the episodes will bring us entertainment like how it did for the past 5 weeks! We are halfway through! Yayyyy!

- Just really mouse deprived lately 

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Then again I still cannot explain why he's the one getting rid of Daniel Lee's body if he's not the killer. As for Halmoni, we've yet to find out whether that's really Yo Han or Ba Reum.

There's a theory that YH actually saved DL from a different killer, hence the body in the water and blood in his shoes that doesn't match with DL's. I'm not sure how YH got the gene lab envelope, but for me it does show that they personally met, one way or another. 

If we're really going with the angle that YH is good all this time, what I don't get is Halmoni's. They used his voice as the voice over for that killing. So if it's not YH, then have we been watching from someone else's perspective all this time? Like it's YH voice cause that's what BR wants to imagine how the story happened? 🙃

Other random things:

I had a wild idea that DL might be rigging the gene tests, as in, he was able to find a way to insert the psycho genes to normal babies, just so that he can increase his data "results" 🤣🤣🤣 I hope this is not the case, but I just found it shocking that at this point, 4 possibly top 1% of psychopaths were gathered in one place in one point in time. What are the chances of finding babies with psychopath genes, and what are the chances of all those babies are the top 1%?? 😂

Also... What if Mint is actually just some indirect product placement? 🤣🤣🤣 (Just a joke of course) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“The production team explained that the production of "The second part of "MOUSE" completely transforms the overall context and atmosphere of the work, so it wants to visually express the intention of the main poster of the second part through the main posters of different atmospheres.”

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

c21262a34d3b4916b814b3c2e27aebf0.jpeg?s=
Lee Seung Gi Makes A Drastic Transformation In New Poster For “Mouse”

tvN’s “Mouse” unveiled a new poster for the second half of the drama!

The drama is about an innocent and upright police officer named Jung Ba Reum (Lee Seung Gi) and a hardened detective named Go Moo Chi (Lee Hee Joon) who believes in nothing but revenge against the serial killer who murdered his parents. The two team up to track down an evil psychopathic predator.

Spoilers

“Mouse” has hinted that new changes will be coming to the drama.

Previously, it was revealed that Han Seo Joon (Ahn Jae Wook), a.k.a. Head Hunter, transplanted his son Sung Yo Han’s (Kwon Hwa Woon’s) brain into Jung Ba Reum’s head. Ever since then, Jung Ba Reum hasn’t been himself, and he desperately prayed that he wouldn’t become like the psycho. However, Jung Ba Reum couldn’t restrain his new side and eventually strangled a man.

The new poster gives a peek at Jung Ba Reum’s transformation. In the previous poster, Jung Ba Reum was wearing a spotless police uniform and had a determined expression that showed his will to get the villain no matter what.

However, in this new poster, Jung Ba Reum is wearing a black coat, and his hair is slicked back and parted so that his forehead shows. His expression is cold and merciless, and Go Moo Chi looks at him with doubt and confusion. Unlike the previous poster’s tagline that read “He is hunting people,” the tagline in this one reads, “I am beginning a new hunt.”

The production team shared, “As the overall context and atmosphere of the drama has been completely changed, we tried to capture that visually through the main poster for the second part. In order to improve the audience’s understanding of the plot and to induce interest, a special episode will air on April 7 to summarize the story’s elements and twists so far. Please look forward to the unpredictable second half of the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1462636wpp/lee-seung-gi-makes-a-drastic-transformation-in-new-poster-for-mouse

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif