Mouse 마우스 [2021]

22 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hmm, eu duvido, embora eles tenham características faciais semelhantes. Está escuro, não posso dizer com certeza, e no episódio 3, eles mostraram muito pouco do rosto do irmão.

Quer dizer, se fosse o cara boxeador, ele saberia que JE era a esposa de HH? Não me lembro, já se sabia naquela época que a irmã dele foi morta por HH? Por que ele quer ter certeza de que o bebê vai nascer? Para se vingar? Ele esperou mais de 20 anos? e no final foi morto em vez disso?

O escritor também pode ter esquecido do garoto HanKuk, que está desaparecido há mais de um ano, e também do amigo de BR, CK, que está em coma há mais de um ano ...

The guy was the boxer. He probably waited when Jae Hoon was 10 or 12, because it took him a while to find them later. And perhaps it caused the death of Jae Hoon's adoptive family. So the first killer of the 7 sins was killed by revenge.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
13 hours ago, Vanusa said:

The guy was the boxer. He probably waited when Jae Hoon was 10 or 12, because it took him a while to find them later. And perhaps it caused the death of Jae Hoon's adoptive family. So the first killer of the 7 sins was killed by revenge.

That might make sense. I mentioned earlier that we only see JH took the knife out of his stepfather's chest, but never seen him stabbed it in. So killer of his stepfamily could be someone else. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

That BTS is quite fun. When the director asked Moo Chi if he stuttered intentionally, he said "...Yes?" lol. He didn't want to re-shoot hahaha.

I don't have much new to say regarding the drama. It is still interesting to watch but I've given up analysing it/over thinking as the writer has license to throw in new things that can skew any scene. So it is not "guessable". My take is just follow the main intention.

I thought it is getting clearer that Bareum is Jae Hoon, is the 7 sins killer, and that Yohan is the conscience he is feeling now.

I think we were misled to think that Sung Ji-Eun is the woman who married the father with the 2 kids, just because she was shown strangling Jae Hoon. Ji-Eun obviously knows who Bareum is and is so wary/scared/turned-off by him that she vomitted at the hospital. Bareum's aunt is also so wary/scared that she practically ran off with the child from his home - it is likely that kindergarten photo she showed BR is not real. Both these reactions can only be explained if Bareum was not as kind as he was shown before the surgery.

The reason why the kill of Kang Duk Soo was not perfect - because Bareum has not regained his memory that he is THE psychopath. He cannot remember his experience and skills. So this is new to him.

The part I am bored with is Bong Yi. Why is she getting so much air-time? Her attacker is killed so end of story for her? Why not show us Hong Ju - there are so many questions there.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
44 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

The part I am bored with is Bong Yi. Why is she getting so much air-time? Her attacker is killed so end of story for her? Why not show us Hong Ju - there are so many questions there.

True..but I think they upgrade bong Yi because probably she & MC will be in charged of the investigation CK. While BR will be investigating his own past

• Like 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

10 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

True..but I think they upgrade bong Yi because probably she & MC will be in charged of the investigation CK. While BR will be investigating his own past

Er, who's CK? 😂

The last few episodes, I thought Bong Yi and Moo Chi looked like they were going to have a loveline 🙄😆 But it's supposed to more like brother/sister, uncle/niece?

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Chocolate said:Er, who's CK? 😂

Cross killer🤣🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

The last few episodes, I thought Bong Yi and Moo Chi looked like they were going to have a loveline 🙄😆 But it's supposed to more like brother/sister, uncle/niece?

Yes🤣🤣🤣my glasses would fall off if they have a love line haha

• Haha 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

SCMP is ranting :lol:

SCMP_Logo_2018_3916x.png?v=1590473607

K-drama midseason recap: Mouse – serial killer drama devolves into hysterical gobbledegook

• Though fun at times, all logic and ethics behind the story and decision-making in TVN’s serial killer drama are at best utterly preposterous
  • The series also becomes a lot harder to follow when events, locations and characters interact with an increasing lack of rhyme or reason

Lee Hee-joon (left) and Lee Seung-gi in a scene from bizarre serial killer K-drama Mouse.
Lee Hee-joon (left) and Lee Seung-gi in a scene from bizarre serial killer K-drama Mouse.

Following a scattershot opening, the manic and maddening Mouse, a serial killer drama from South Korean television network TVN, briefly came into focus in its third week. Yet that clarity proved to be a double-edged sword, as it only made it easier to parse the show’s weaknesses. In any case, the wobble soon returned and the wheels all but came off again as the weeks wore on.

Spoiler

Mouse features Lee Seung-gi as patrol cop Jung Ba-reum, who teams up with the gruff and alcoholic homicide detective Go Moo-chi (Lee Hee-joon) to track down a serial killer who slaughters his victims and leaves their corpses pointing towards crosses.

Last we met this mismatched duo, the serial killer had abducted a young boy and was forcing Moo-chi to stage a live broadcast on his friend Choi Hong-ju’s (Kyung Soo-jin) investigative TV report programme Sherlock PD.

Episode five is devoted to this broadcast, which sees Moo-chi attempt to solve the serial killings live on air. The killer calls in but Moo-chi and Ba-reum also record a fake video of the victim, a risky ploy which they’re called out on on air. Consequently, the broadcast is abruptly interrupted, then resumed by Hong-ju after she locks out the executives from the control room. The explosive episode ends with the murderer killing Moo-chi’s priest brother live on TV.

Though the logic and ethics behind the story and decision-making here are at best utterly preposterous, it’s a fun episode in which the stakes are raised and are more or less clear. Yet the same bulldozer mentality that drives this episode remains in evidence throughout the rest of the series, which becomes a lot harder to follow when events, locations and characters interact with an increasing lack of rhyme or reason.

The writing aim behind Mouse has reportedly been to focus on the psychology of psychopaths. That started with geneticist Daniel Lee (Jo Jae-yun) identifying a “psychopath” gene, a diagnosis that proves correct 99 per cent of the time. By the middle of the series, our lead protagonist has two brains in his head, one (or perhaps even both) of which is trying to stimulate his desire to kill. So much for getting to the heart of what actually makes serial killers tick.

Speaking of Daniel Lee, he was killed early on in the series, but inexplicably returns midway through to secretly coach Ba-reum through his murderous schizophrenia. His strategy is to sate Ba-reum’s urges by turning him into a Dexter-like serial killer of serial killers.

The lack of probing psychoanalysis aside, if the above conceit sounds fun, rest assured that it isn’t. A serial killer story relies on at least one of two major elements to succeed: an intricate investigation to find a killer, and trying to understand what drives that killer.

Clearly, Mouse isn’t succeeding on the latter front with its twisty, fantastical and utterly inconsistent biogenetics, but it also fails to be an engaging murder mystery. There are many investigations throughout the show and they evolve and are generally solved very quickly but in a confounding and illogical manner.

Lee plays an alcoholic homicide detective in Mouse.
Lee plays an alcoholic homicide detective in Mouse.

Viewers are typically going to be a step behind, but we like to try and figure out things for ourselves, and it’s all the better if we feel we were tantalisingly close to the solution when it’s eventually revealed to us. But none of the secrets in Mouse could ever be guessed at by the audience - not owing to any originality, but because the plotting is absurd and characters never behave consistently.

The only thing we can figure out for ourselves is that in the world presented by this show, serial killers are a dime a dozen. At one point, in a flashback, Sung Ji-eun (Kim Jung-nan), wife of the notorious serial killer Head Hunter (Ahn Jae-wook), is accosted by the series’ serial killer while pregnant with Sung Yo-han (Kwon Hwa-yoon), who later becomes a serial killer.

She is saved from a grisly fate by a mysterious young man, who will almost certainly turn out to be another person with serial killer tendencies.

Park Ju-hyun in a still from Mouse.
Park Ju-hyun in a still from Mouse.

One of the most frustrating elements of Mouse has been its sloppiness, which is evident not only in its writing but also its staging. Case in point is the pregnant cat that Ba-reum takes home one day. We know the animal is in constant danger, and this collision of innocence and murderous impulse is mined again and again, which is lazy writing. Then the cat gives birth… to a month-old kitten. A few scenes later, the kitten – by now orphaned – is an entirely different colour.

With seven episodes still remaining, it’s a little hard to fathom where the show goes from here. Young Oh Bong-yi (Park Ju-hyun) is now part of Hong-ju’s writing staff so perhaps we’ll have more cold cases for her to crack, only for Ba-reum to Dexter them before the manacles get slapped on their wrists.

Meanwhile, Moo-chi and Bong-yi are getting closer to figuring out that something’s not quite right with Ba-reum, and we’re also still waiting for a definitive answer about Ba-reum’s history. Whose baby was he? Is he Jae-hoon? Do we care?

Lee is a patrol cop out to track down a serial killer in Mouse.
Lee is a patrol cop out to track down a serial killer in Mouse.

Extract:

One of the most frustrating elements of Mouse has been its sloppiness, which is evident not only in its writing but also its staging. Case in point is the pregnant cat that Ba-reum takes home one day. We know the animal is in constant danger, and this collision of innocence and murderous impulse is mined again and again, which is lazy writing. Then the cat gives birth… to a month-old kitten. A few scenes later, the kitten – by now orphaned – is an entirely different colour.

I thought there were 2 kittens? Bareum killed the mother cat and 1 kitten right? 🤔😂 (see what we're reduced to lol)

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I thought there were 2 kittens? Bareum killed the mother cat and 1 kitten right? 🤔😂 (see what we're reduced to lol)

You're right, there were 2 kittens... but I don't know whether it was 1 or 2 feline lives did BR take...:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Wow! Shocker! Some translations for ep 15 previews.

Man: We’ve caught him!
MC: You’re finished, you jerk!
BR: Ddaeng. (sound indicating wrong answer) You’re wrong. The priest? The priest’s brother has gotten it wrong.

Man: It must be cold. Let’s go in.
BR: How do I look now? I told you not to let me become a monster. I begged it. However, you totally ignored my prayers. So, how the heck are you God? From now on, I am God. Those humans who follow your total nonsense, I will judge them all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 2
9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Uau! Chocante! Algumas traduções para as prévias do ep 15.

Homem: Nós o pegamos!
MC: Você acabou, seu idiota!
BR: Ddaeng. (som indicando resposta errada) Você está errado. O padre? O irmão do padre errou.

Homem: Deve estar frio. Vamos entrar.
BR: Como estou agora? Eu disse para você não me deixar virar um monstro. Eu implorei. No entanto, você ignorou totalmente minhas orações. Então, como diabos você é Deus? De agora em diante, sou Deus. Aqueles humanos que seguem seu absurdo total, eu julgarei todos eles!

To begin with, Jae Hoon, as a psychopath, would not ask God not to make him a monster. He would be a murderer with no remorse. I hate how they use God in the middle of it.

Edited by Darkarcana
Please do not videos. Thanks you!
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I’d be honest, whatever was revealed in ep.14, is not convincing enough. I will wait for ep.15 before making further comments. But basically, if BR is indeed has been a psychopath, how could he love people? Or did he have some sort of dissociative identity disorder? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

The mystery is solved!

Spoiler

The 2 kittens are still alive! 😂 So Bareum "only" killed the mother cat.

pHJl32H.png

Ok! At least episode 14 is moving somewhere. Once Bareum fully remembers his psychopathic past, we'll see how he behaves with his conscience/feel remorse. From reading the writer's inspiration and intention for this drama, I do expect that Bareum would "become good". How? Will wait for the writer to show us.

But the problem is:

Having a conscience/able to feel remorse/empathy should be natural. By adding in the brain transplant from Yohan, and showing so many scenes of Yohan affecting Bareum mentally, it would seem that any eventual remorse is artificial. Thus, the writer's intent is lost - in fact, she is showing the opposite, that true psychopaths really do not feel anything.

A few questions from this episode:

• Daniel Lee - he flashed back to the scene of handing the envelope to the person in the car (suspected politician whose wife is pregnant aka Detective Shin's parent) and he wondered if he was doing the right thing.
  • Bareum's aunt - what's her role and why is she running?

And some rants:

• Dear Hong Ju, are you stupid? You know the chap is the Suseong killer and you still set yourself up. From your perspective, how can you assume that Bareum or anyone will save you? This is lazy writing just to set up the excuse for Bareum to kill another psychopath. And how did the killer tie her up? Not shown. So convenient.
  • I thought the editing at the beginning of episode was quite choppy.

2 hours ago, Vanusa said:

To begin with, Jae Hoon, as a psychopath, would not ask God not to make him a monster. He would be a murderer with no remorse. I hate how they use God in the middle of it.

Leaving aside how we should not use God.

That's why Jae Hoon ties in nicely with the character the writer intended. She wanted to show a psychopath can feel remorse. Thus, it made sense that Jae Hoon tried not to be a psychopath (maybe if he had been "nurtured" properly, he could have been saved), but because he felt that God did not help him, he went full-blown. And the voice over is by Bareum now. It's clear who Jae Hoon grew up to be.

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

But basically, if BR is indeed has been a psychopath, how could he love people? Or did he have some sort of dissociative identity disorder?

He was faking it. Just like HH was pretending to be a nice family man.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Nest week we will be getting another special 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

if BR is indeed has been a psychopath, how could he love people? Or did he have some sort of dissociative identity disorder? 

If you are talking about post surgery, it’s possible that after the surgery, his ways have changed because of foreign materials being placed in his brain. If you are talking about pre surgery, he never really ever officially say I love you now is it? It’s just, marry me, wait for me.:thinking:

• Like 5

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

:pandascared:

Hahahahaha @Chocolate i gave you confused reaction not because what you wrote is wrong or anything...is just my brain refused to process anymore explanation on why or why not BR is thr serial killer. Gahhhh.....For now I ll take it as BR is the psychopath because ep 14 said so. Although true as @ktcjdrama.. Each ep ending is often or not very misleading..so who knows?

Can psychopath feel remorse? Can they?

I for one wouldnt mind a loveline between moochi and bong yi.. Coz if BR truly is the serial killer..it doesnt make sense that he has a happy ending. And Hong Ju...... Mmmm.... Character wise sometimes she can be annoying... Although I did get annoyed too at BY when she decided to flush that drive in the loo and that she would love BR no matter what. Really? I expected her to be more sensible..and if BR is truly the serial killer and she found out about it...i really wish she changes her statement then. 

I just want moochi to have a happy ending...:hearties: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

33 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Although I did get annoyed too at BY when she decided to flush that drive in the loo

I was like...Nani? 🤣Heyyy It made her a criminal too 😹I don’t know how guilty Choi ran wants them to be, but their actions a lot of it came out with backlash that is needed to be felt guilty about. I bet, BY will feel damn guilty that she flushed the evidence, but I think HJ did kept a copy. MC on the other hand, you know..MW...then he is guilty about it since. HJ, the baby how she brought him her to this world knowing damn well something may not be right with the baby. BR...BR...idk...still not that sure on what is his biggest yet, if it derails to something else sure. 

33 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

I just want moochi to have a happy ending...:hearties:

Yes, I do hope that he will get the best possible ending they have here...Moochi is like a little moochi ball...Soft...Squishy...full of emotions....and memes......But inside he is super sweet...Hm...:wow:

Im not watching subs, planning to get both episodes and watch it together, but i for one really wanted to say...I feel damn sore over the fact that Choi Ran made the relationship BR BY HJ better. Which sucks if you think on the long run, if he is truly that guy. Though I know, story wise is for the stakes, but Gosh...it would hurt so bad.....And the cat teeth necklace 

7-CE7-A2-CD-DADB-45-B8-BDFE-1-BA4-C5-C4-

im so naive..I thought it was a genuine gift...and it turns out it’s teeth from Nabi’s kind....I love cats...to see it like this I’m very taken aback....and BY not knowing just wearing it ah....I thought it was a nice flower.....But it turns out to be a cat flower,...

C083-B1-BC-CFA5-4-F39-91-F5-C6-BDBBD8609

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

On 4/19/2021 at 7:46 AM, Darkarcana said:

One! The white one :( died....

Funny how ^ this post got "haha" reactions. 🙃

Thanks @Darkarcana for the heads-up regarding the episode shift again. 🙏

I do like this episode just cause we're finally getting "answers".

Spoiler

I must say, cat's teeth necklace so pretty. 😆

We've speculated what could be buried in BR's plant box like Hankook's body or grandma's brooch or something, but I didn't expect an entire basement, especially at that scale.

FINALLY, Chi Kook is awake. Can't wait to hear what he has to say. It's interesting though that they did BR's realization of his past and Chi Kook waking up at the same time. I was sort of expecting Chi-Kook to wake up a bit later. Him waking up now esp after BR remembered his path just puts him in danger.

I'm curious why the necklace and brooch were just in a random place that BR should have checked when he packed and unpacked after moving. Kinda reminds me of how random stuff were found scattered in YH's house (shoes with blood, bugging device) which I felt like someone else planted. Both of them have super secret basements, so why not put all those crime related stuff there? 🤔

• Like 4