Mouse 마우스 [2021]

Regarding the earlier post (About the report saying the script was given last minute) 

Choi Ran the writer wrong on her Instagram account, saying that

”The script is completed in March, to whoever wrote this report without fact checking, you are trash.”

-Taken from a twitter post

😹 You go girl. Psycho girl~

• Confused 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

I'm really keen to know this:

1. Jung Jaehoon, how did you become Jung Bareum?

5 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

Regarding the earlier post (About the report saying the script was given last minute) 

”The script is completed in March, to whoever wrote this report without fact checking, you are trash.”

"You are trash"??? This seems harsh of Choi Ran.

Maybe she is not taking criticism so well - especially as some are quite justified. A minus for me with regards to this writer.

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Estou muito interessado em saber disso:

1. Jung Jaehoon, como você se tornou Jung Bareum?

"Você é lixo" ??? Isso parece duro da parte de Choi Ran.

Talvez ela não esteja aceitando as críticas tão bem - especialmente porque algumas são bastante justificadas. Um sinal de menos para mim em relação a este escritor.

You will see she is a psychopath too. Lol, because the story that wanting to make a psychopath empathize using the death of another (Yo Han), and using the life and destiny of other main characters just so that this remorse is greater is kind of sadistic.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I'm really keen to know this:

1. Jung Jaehoon, how did you become Jung Bareum?

10 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

Expand  

"You are trash"??? This seems harsh of Choi Ran.

Maybe she is not taking criticism so well - especially as some are quite justified. A minus for me with regards to this writer.

It was said that the report was covered with fake information that somehow defames the production I guess. Cause I think they used editing errors as the main issues and said something ahout time constraints etc. Alot of stuff that doesn't have a base. As to whether the trans is exaggerated or not, I don't know. But this is one of twitter user's translation.

• Insightful 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

After watching the special twice in a day due to some events, I actually thought about some questions & items that might resurface on the actual drama:

1) The diary entries along with the sketches - I think this is the end game item for MC or BY to find

2) Recorded Footages with unedited audio

3) Right arm scar of BR’s

4) Double phones (?)

Questions

3) BR knows His mom, it’s possible that he doesn’t know who his dad is. So….?

4) Why is Jae Hoon’s Surname Jung?

5) How did KJS & YH obtained the pictures that BR took?

6) Why did YH knew about BR’s actions, even BR doesn’t know?

7) Why did BR killed Boxer?

8) Why did BR ended up using fantasy as a theme?

9) BR’s childhood is barely touched so who is the herb boy?

10) Family background story. Between BR & JE, possibly YH?

11) Could YH & KJS be related to politics organisation or someone else thus obtaining the photos?

12) What about the tattoo guy?

• Like 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

I think they're too ambitious and too focused on heightening the thrill factor that they failed to make the narrative coherent and cohesive (cf. Beyond Evil -- it's glorious till the end). A special isn't necessary if they tighten the script editing:   flip those half-truths in Arc 2 and complete the narrative with BR's perspective through police investigation.

Given that it's a 20-episode drama, it's really hard to believe that YH is the killer - emo kid died too early 😆 Moreover, It's more logical that the killer is a police officer rather than a sad doctor. YH can be a high-functioning psycho all along or just antisocial. He doesn't need to pretend to be jolly. But BR needs to be affable and he's too nice 🙂

How do I want this to end? The PD broadcasting YH's findings, which will ultimately make BR the mouse. It's her redemption as well. A psycho's downfall starts not when he's arrested by the police. It's when his intricate pattern of violence is finally unravelled and his motives understood. And I hope the writer realizes that she needs to put a shrink in there. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
42 minutes ago, jeijei said:

Eu acho que eles são muito ambiciosos e muito focados em aumentar o fator de emoção que eles falharam em tornar a narrativa coerente e coesa (cf. Beyond Evil - é glorioso até o fim). Um especial não é necessário se eles restringem a edição do roteiro: inverta aquelas meias-verdades do Arco 2 e complete a narrativa com a perspectiva de BR por meio de investigação policial.

Dado que é um drama de 20 episódios, é realmente difícil acreditar que YH é o assassino - o garoto emo morreu muito cedo 😆 Além disso, é mais lógico que o assassino seja um policial do que um médico triste. YH pode ser um psicopata de alto funcionamento ou apenas anti-social. Ele não precisa fingir ser alegre. Mas BR precisa ser afável e ele é legal demais 🙂

Como eu quero que isso acabe? O PD transmitindo as descobertas de YH, o que acabará por fazer de BR o rato. É a redenção dela também. A queda de um psicopata não começa quando ele é preso pela polícia. É quando seu intrincado padrão de violência é finalmente desvendado e seus motivos compreendidos. E espero que a escritora perceba que ela precisa colocar um psiquiatra ali. 

I must agree. And what makes me angry is that because of this unnecessary boldness or fear of the audience, they never showed the extended scenes as shown in the special episode. So crazed LSG fans attack the awards for not nominating him. And they say that whoever receives the award for best actor, may feel ashamed for not deserving it. They never dare to criticize the script that was the determining factor for LSG to be out of the awards.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, jeijei said:

I think they're too ambitious and too focused on heightening the thrill factor that they failed to make the narrative coherent and cohesive (cf. Beyond Evil -- it's glorious till the end). A special isn't necessary if they tighten the script editing:   flip those half-truths in Arc 2 and complete the narrative with BR's perspective through police investigation.

Not exactly, one of the few reasons why they have this was because they wanted the killer to have emotions & to have the murderer realise what he have done, so they have to find an opening to let in emotions on to BR. Of cause, it won’t be fun if they let you know who is the killer to begin with. There are so many shots of BR just smiling and being annoyed at everyone in the special, I don’t think they can squeeze in every smiles/smirks/annoyance from him in all episodes since most likely we will move on to other stuff later on in the series. This story concept however is very antagonist based, it’s main focus is to learn about the murderer’s actions and for the murderer to feel sorry about what he has done and to repent (Which is impossible irl). Since he didn’t & couldn’t repent in the beginning because he doesn’t have that emotions. Other stories are mainly there to move BR’s narratives along. 

5 hours ago, jeijei said:

Given that it's a 20-episode drama, it's really hard to believe that YH is the killer

It was meant that way lol!

Initial concepts talks about

“A monster living inside my head, having to face an uncontrollable fate.’’

Currently it’s updated as:

”1% of the deadliest psychopaths – the predators. Do they deserve to live in this society along with others?”

Thus basing on this series’s concept, it is a very main lead driven series, it’s all about him pretty much. So I’m not surprised that they let out specials to buy time for production and as well to show stuff that they couldn’t show in the actual cut. i think it’s better to not think of it as a police crime drama but more on a psychopath journey drama. 

5 hours ago, Vanusa said:

They never dare to criticize the script

not really as well, because this script though it goes up and down left and right which makes people tired which I am too, but it’s one of a kind as well. I think what makes mouse interestingly different is they had the ML as the murderer. The big bad wolf perhaps. Plus somewhat at least this is a first for me to see a story in kdrama that is antagonist driven. Police story in this are fillers, because the main point here is the murderer. Now we have come to the point that okay, BR remembers everything. We can’t expect to have everything being done and said in the entire series, mainly because it’s too much. He have like…10(?) murders, describing everything, it will be too long. Also, this special is a collaboration with Tving, so not just Tvn, they have tving to handle, so they have to create more than usual as well. 

I think I have jump passed the ‘Disappointment’ & ‘What is going on’ stage of watching this series, after I try to fine tune myself into thinking of this series as a psychopath driven series & not a crime investigative series. I understand where both of you are coming from, did go through that too, but I’m sort of now having inner peace with it. It kinda makes more sense to think of his initial disappearance and why he disappeared when you look at it as a psychopath drama and not a crime investigative drama.😇

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

I haven’t watched the part 2 of the special yet so I’ll only have this initial pov, 

If only during the live broadcast, Go Moon Wo shouted “Bareum Killer” (I’ll keep it short assuming he knows BR will immediately shut him off thru the knife on his neck), then he could have saved his brother from the cat and mouse chase and it will be the end of the story 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
59 minutes ago, Seung-Min said:

I haven’t watched the part 2 of the special yet so I’ll only have this initial pov, 

If only during the live broadcast, Go Moon Wo shouted “Bareum Killer” (I’ll keep it short assuming he knows BR will immediately shut him off thru the knife on his neck), then he could have saved his brother from the cat and mouse chase and it will be the end of the story 😂

Funny enough at one point I was like “We could have saved a lot of time had he yeah BR’s name” but there is a reason why he did not, you need to catch part 2!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

10 horas atrás, Darkarcana disse:

Não exatamente, uma das poucas razões pelas quais eles têm isso é porque eles queriam que o assassino tivesse emoções e que o assassino percebesse o que ele fez, então eles têm que encontrar uma abertura para deixar as emoções entrarem em BR. Claro, não vai ser divertido se eles te avisarem quem é o assassino, para começar. Há tantas fotos de BR apenas sorrindo e sendo irritado com todos no especial, eu não acho que eles possam espremer todos os sorrisos / sorrisos / aborrecimento dele em todos os episódios, já que provavelmente iremos passar para outras coisas mais tarde nas séries. Este conceito de história, no entanto, é muito baseado em antagonismo, seu foco principal é aprender sobre as ações do assassino e para o assassino sentir pena do que fez e se arrepender (o que é impossível). Desde que ele não se arrependeu e não pôde se arrepender no começo porque ele não tinha essas emoções. 

Foi feito dessa forma rsrs!

Os conceitos falam sobre

“Um monstro vivendo dentro da minha cabeça, tendo que enfrentar um destino incontrolável. ''

Atualmente está atualizado como:

”1% dos psicopatas mais mortais - os predadores. Eles merecem viver nesta sociedade junto com outros?

Baseando-se, portanto, no conceito desta série, é uma série muito principal conduzida, é basicamente sobre ele. Então não estou surpreso que eles chegaram lançados especiais para ganhar tempo para uma produção e também para mostrar coisas que eles não puderam mostrar no corte real. Acho que é melhor não pensar nisso como um drama policial, mas mais como um drama de jornada psicopata. 

não tão bem, porque esse script sobe e desce da esquerda para a direita, o que deixa as pessoas cansadas, o que eu também estou, mas também é único. Acho que o que torna o mouse curiosamente diferente é o que eles têm no ML como o assassino. O lobo mau, talvez. Além disso, pelo menos, esta é a primeira vez para mim ver uma história no kdrama que é movida por antagonistas. A história da polícia nisso são enchimentos, porque o ponto principal aqui é o assassino. Agora chegamos ao ponto em que tudo bem, BR lembra de tudo. Não podemos esperar que tudo seja feito e dito em toda a série, principalmente porque é demais. Ele tem tipo… 10 (?) Assassinatos, descrevendo tudo, vai demorar muito.Além disso, este especial é uma colaboração com a Tving, então não apenas a Tvn, eles têm que lidar com tving, então eles têm que criar mais do que o normal também. 

Acho que superei o estágio de 'Decepção' e 'O que está acontecendo' ao assistir esta série, depois de tentar me ajustar a pensar nessa série como uma série impulsionada por psicopatas e não como uma série de investigação criminal. Eu entendo de onde vocês dois estão vindo, passei por isso também, mas estou meio que agora tendo paz interior com isso. Faz mais sentido pensar em seu desaparecimento inicial e por que ele desapareceu quando você olha para isso como um drama psicopata e não um drama investigativo de crime.😇

Yes, I just don't agree with fans angry at the awards, as if they were to blame. The script is different, it's about psychopath. But I already got tired of seeing. Too many badly resolved things, to put the blame on the government in the end. kkkkkk What bothers me are fans who do not understand that the period when Mouse aired and the delay in showing the nuances of Bareum, were the factors for him not to enter the category. They are saying that the actor who is going to receive it will feel embarrassed for not deserving it. This is very mean by some fans. It is not the fault of the awards nor of TVN. Le Seung Gi is doing very well on paper, but we have to have respect for the work of others.

Edited by Vanusa
  • Like 3

Back after watching Part 2.

Why did BR suspected Kim Jung Soo again? I only remembered him covering Yohan but it was PO Shin and MC who discovered that. Was he killed on his apartment or Yohan’s place? 

I knew the priest was not told by the scriptwriter to spiel BR’s name to convey the message of how God will make him reflect his deeds but then again, the remorse is caused by Yihan’s brain so why do I still watch Mouse again?😅 Awp..yeah..because I like to see SG on screen more often. I don’t want to only see him during MITH 🤣.

Repeated scenes from part 1 and then the next day, I’ve seen  the same scene on part 2 was definitely annoying. This is just me though. I hope many viewers enjoyed seeing those redundancies because after all, I don’t want SG’s efforts put to waste if the ratings will drop too low not because of him but because of how the story is written and presented to viewers. 

I agree that the 2 specials were no longer necessary if only the narrative was written and presented with coherence. This might be fixed if Mouse is pre-produced. Now I know why Lee-Hee Joon did not want to accept this drama at first. If only he did not consider SG’s determination to do this drama then we won’t be seeing them doing Mouse at all. SG after all said, he won’t be doing Mouse if LHJ will not accept the role. However, if I keep the blaming game then I should blame myself also for still watching it despite my rants 😂 

The remaining 5 episodes will probably answer the mystery of Dr. Lee and P.D Choi who I think knows the key to unravel BR’s identity but is waiting for the right time to present it with solid evidences. I think the remaining 5 episodes will also be enough to explain BR’s family background. I doubt but I hope many questions especially the bombarding  ones will be answered at the end of Mouse but I’ll try to lower down my expectations especially that I am already too disappointed with how it’s going on in the first place. If it helps to say though that I do really appreciate the 1st half of Mouse or before the transplant. The first half had interesting thrilling packed-opening and definitely had the dread factor and the cliff-hangers kept it interesting.

For me, the 2 special episodes did not help instead only drag the story. Even if we will only focus on the mystery-thrilling aspect of a psychopath journey which means there are puzzles to solve and not the crime aspect which means there are crimes to solve, it still did not justify the fact that the story has too many loose-ends and the “sci-fiction” of brain transplant actually ruined the moral of the story.

Edited by Seung-Min
The oc in me.
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
10 hours ago, Seung-Min said:

De volta depois de assistir a Parte 2.

Por que BR suspeitou de Kim Jung Soo novamente? Eu só me lembrei dele cobrindo Yohan, mas foram PO Shin e MC que descobriram isso. Ele foi morto em seu apartamento ou na casa de Yohan? 

Eu sabia que o padre não foi instruído pelo roteirista a falar o nome de BR para transmitir a mensagem de como Deus o fará refletir seus atos, mas, novamente, o remorso é causado pelo cérebro de Yihan, então por que ainda assisto Mouse de novo? 😅 Awp..yeah..porque gosto de ver SG na tela com mais frequência. Eu não quero vê-lo apenas durante o MITH 🤣 .

Cenas repetidas da parte 1 e no dia seguinte, eu vi a mesma cena na parte 2 foi definitivamente irritante. Este sou só eu, no entanto. Espero que muitos telespectadores tenham gostado de ver essas demissões porque, afinal, não quero que os esforços de SG sejam desperdiçados se as avaliações caírem muito, não por causa dele, mas por causa de como a história é escrita e apresentada aos telespectadores. 

Concordo que os 2 especiais não seriam mais necessários se apenas a narrativa fosse escrita e apresentada com coerência. Isso pode ser corrigido se o mouse for pré-produzido. Agora eu sei por que Lee-Hee Joon não quis aceitar esse drama no início. Se ele não considerasse a determinação de SG em fazer este drama, então não os veríamos fazendo Mouse de forma alguma. Afinal, SG não fará Mouse se LHJ não aceitar o papel. No entanto, se eu continuar com o jogo da culpa, devo me culpar também por continuar assistindo, apesar de meus discursos 😂 

Os 5 episódios restantes provavelmente responderão ao mistério do Dr. Lee e PD Choi, que eu acho que sabe a chave para desvendar a identidade de BR, mas está esperando o momento certo para apresentá-la com evidências sólidas. Acho que os 5 episódios restantes também serão suficientes para explicar a origem familiar de BR. Eu duvido, mas espero que muitas perguntas, especialmente as de bombardeio, sejam respondidas no final de Mouse, mas vou tentar diminuir minhas expectativas, especialmente porque já estou muito desapontado com a forma como está acontecendo em primeiro lugar. Se ajuda dizer que eu realmente aprecio a primeira metade do Mouse ou antes do transplante. A primeira metade teve uma abertura empolgante e emocionante e definitivamente teve o fator de pavor e os obstáculos a mantiveram interessante.

Para mim, os 2 episódios especiais não ajudaram em vez de apenas arrastar a história. Mesmo que nos concentremos apenas no aspecto misterioso de uma jornada psicopata, o que significa que há quebra-cabeças para resolver e não o aspecto do crime, o que significa que há crimes para resolver, isso ainda não justifica o fato de que a história tem muitos problemas soltos Os fins e a “ficção científica” do transplante de cérebro na verdade arruinaram a moral da história.

My dilemma is just that. Lee Seung Gi is doing very well in the role of a psychopath. It is a pity that the story is bad. The author lacks the morals to make a murderous character feel remorse by dragging all the other characters together. Because it is so scary to create suffering characters just to make them suffer even more, because the main character is a monster that needs to be punished ... They are not on the same level of cruelty and sin. Another question: BR before surgery is who deserved to be penalized and or BR that was good, because he received the part of the brain from another person? How crazy this is. I wanted to see that debauched and sadistic BR suffer, and not this new BR. In the end will he become the same monster from the beginning? Then the story is lost again.

• Like 3

Just finished the 2 Predator episodes. It was a little draggy and there were parts that were repeated eg the scenes with Moo Chi’s brother - I think that was replayed 3-4 times. Some parts have also already been revealed in episodes 13 & 14. However, it does show the other face of Bareum as the psychopath killer and some questions are answered. It’s good to see Lee Seung Gi different from his usual jovial RL self.

The biggest confirmation is that Ji-eun is Bareum’s mother. This was shown when Jae Hoon was narrating how he went from asking God for help to deciding to pretend to be a good boy, he said “Eomma tried to kill me” and flashed back to the scene where Ji-eun was strangling him.

neImdQR.png

Now the question is does he recognise that Ji-eun is his mother now? At the hospital scene where Ji-eun was vomiting, Bareum was shown being irritated before he approached her. Plus at Jae Hoon’s age, he should be able to recognise his mother. If he recognises her, wouldn’t he have felt angry that she abandoned him and adopted Yohan? 🤔

LfqOYmz.png

Yohan, I think is the child of the researcher’s wife. Looking forward to finding out how he came to be with Ji-eun. Referring back to end of episode 1, when Bareum and Yohan were looking at each other across the foyer, it is mentioned that both have the psychopath gene. So Yohan is not likely to be Jae Hoon’s brother.

Narrated in Bareum's voice: "My mom said..."

COKIuLK.png

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 2
50 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

If he recognises her, wouldn’t he have felt angry that she abandoned him and adopted Yohan? 🤔

Was thinking that it feels very possible that BR met JE before surgery like second time. Because 1 more question from JE that is unsolved. “Why did JE got the neck wound and is in the hospital?” Like i honestly at this point don’t think YH would hurt her, he would hurt BR because he is the bad guy, but JE is counted as a good person? Then I don’t believe the glass shards cut her..like what is the possibility of cutting the neck. You know? So a little part of me feel like BR did meet her and it resulted in her getting hurt. I think the family part they still haven’t really get to it yet? Maybe we will get it soon?

• Insightful 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

8 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

Was thinking that it feels very possible that BR met JE before surgery like second time. Because 1 more question from JE that is unsolved. “Why did JE got the neck wound and is in the hospital?” Like i honestly at this point don’t think YH would hurt her, he would hurt BR because he is the bad guy, but JE is counted as a good person? Then I don’t believe the glass shards cut her..like what is the possibility of cutting the neck. You know? So a little part of me feel like BR did meet her and it resulted in her getting hurt. I think the family part they still haven’t really get to it yet? Maybe we will get it soon?

Oh I totally don’t remember the neck wound. Which episode was that?

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Oh I totally don’t remember the neck wound. Which episode was that?

If I remember correctly it’s ep 7. Since she have been sleeping there for awhile, and BR didn’t really appear for severs scenes in EP 6 before getting hit, I want to believe they have met. Somehow.

8676-D9-AA-74-CC-474-A-ACCF-2-E9-D821-FA

• Insightful 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

I did my Mouse assignments. I usually don't watch Specials because it's likely just a summary of the show while the production catch up on filming.

But this time I tried it out coz there appears to be new stuff. Overall I liked The Predator episode 1 better than episode 2.

Episode 1 has never seen before footage from bad Ba Reum's perspectives whereas episode 2 are 95% repeated scenes and it was boring. Nothing new was revealed in episode 2 as well, I feel cheated of my precious time.

These episodes still don't explain why Sung Yo Han, knowing Ba Reum is the serial killer, did not report him. Is he really Ba Reum/Jae Hoon's brother - is that why he hesitated or he was that little boy/classmate who gave Jae Hoon the first aid when they were young? Need more answers.

I also have been having a thought - is Daniel Lee and whoever in the background's plan was to experiment on Ba Reum since the brain surgery i.e., if all things worked out - this is what the government will now do to all the babies tested positive of having the psycho gene by giving them brain transplant rather than eliminating them and risk killing off a Mozart?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

He probably does @Chocolate else why would he save Ba Reum over Yo Han (Yo Han was getting better wasn't it?)

It's debatable. HH is a true psychopath. He doesn't have feelings, I think even for his own son. He only wants to pro-create (the concept, who knows whether he enjoys the sex 😂), but I don't think he can love even his own child.

He has met Yohan. Since he can tell from the eyes, he probably recognises that Yohan is not a psychopath and that may have been a disappointment to him. He also knows Bareum is a psychopath.

So given a choice, he may save the psychopath over his son. Let's hope they show us the conversation that HH had with Yohan in prison.

I'm also unsure if Yohan was dying or recovering from the gunshot when they decided to cut his brain.

• Like 2