Mouse 마우스 [2021]

1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

It's debatable. HH is a true psychopath. He doesn't have feelings, I think even for his own son. He only wants to pro-create (the concept, who knows whether he enjoys the sex 😂), but I don't think he can love even his own child.

He has met Yohan. Since he can tell from the eyes, he probably recognises that Yohan is not a psychopath and that may have been a disappointment to him. He also knows Bareum is a psychopath.

So given a choice, he may save the psychopath over his son. Let's hope they show us the conversation that HH had with Yohan in prison.

I'm also unsure if Yohan was dying or recovering from the gunshot when they decided to cut his brain.

I'm thinking perhaps Yo Han let him know he wasn't his son and he figures out it was Ba Reum instead.

If I remember right, the people were angry because Yo Han (the killer) was recovering but Ba Reum (the good guy) was in critical condition. Bong Yi too was angry so she went to take matters into her own hands but she was interrupted because a bunch of doctors enter Yo Han's room, which she saw Han Seo Joon's face and told Ba Reum later. Then it was after that Yo Han was proclaimed to die from sepsis (I think). So I think the doctors/government decided to give his brain to Ba Reum.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I also have been having a thought - is Daniel Lee and whoever in the background's plan was to experiment on Ba Reum since the brain surgery i.e., if all things worked out - this is what the government will now do to all the babies tested positive of having the psycho gene by giving them brain transplant rather than eliminating them and risk killing off a Mozart?

That’s a really scary plan if it’s really so. From where will they get the brain to transplant? 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Chi Kook really died. The boy was in a coma for so long to just die after waking up. How perverse this story is, in every way. The good are always sacrificed. Whether BR is a child of HH or not, if it was changed, nothing matters, because nothing good happens here. It's just chaos. It looks like a parallel universe where no one can hope, in fact it looks like a fraction of hell.

Edited by Vanusa
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Estou pensando que talvez Yo Han o tenha deixado saber que não era seu filho e ele descobre que era Ba Reum.

Se bem me lembro, as pessoas estavam com raiva porque Yo Han (o assassino) estava se recuperando, mas Ba Reum (o mocinho) estava em estado crítico. Bong Yi também estava com raiva, então ela tentou resolver o problema com as próprias mãos, mas foi interrompida porque um bando de médicos entrou no quarto de Yo Han, que ela viu o rosto de Han Seo Joon e disse a Ba Reum mais tarde. Então foi depois que Yo Han foi declarado morto de sepse (eu acho). Então eu acho que os médicos / governo decidiram dar seu cérebro para Ba Reum.

Since the policy is placed in the context of the story, since the first episode, then we will blame the policy for causing Yo Han's death (although there are no signs of surgery on Yo Han's head) to try to save the son nation. HH just accepted to take revenge on his ex wife, for lying to him? He's quite cruel for that, with Yo Han being his son, in fact, or not. Mochi's statement to HH, saying he heard that psychopaths feel attached to their children is false. His children are just toys in the hands of people like him. And, of course, to see if his theoretical transplant surgery was successful in a human. I see no paternal reason for him to have accepted to have the surgery.

Edited by Vanusa
  • Like 2

My take away from reading some comments above mine is... I don't need to watch predator part 2 because it's quite repetitive right @Chocolate and @mademoiselle:laugh: Will I miss anything important by not watching part 2? And thanks Choco for pointing out one important fact from part 2 - Ji Eun is BR's mother. Anything else? :lol:

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

New Preview!

From the looks of this, there's definitely a bigger conspiracy behind just Ba Reum being the 7 sins serial killer...

Whattttt... could there be a bigger conspiracy?!?!? Faint~~ :BulbaConfused:

Spoiler

If only the situation was reversed ... that BR were the nice guy and YH were the psycho and YH's brain got transplanted to BR's hence causing BR to be evil. Then we would come to another interesting prospect .. should BR be punished for the evil that he did after brain transplant or not? Because it's actually not him who did the crimes.. it's YH"s brain. Let me say once again ... this is a WHAT IF situation.

• Haha 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

23 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

My take away from reading some comments above mine is... I don't need to watch predator part 2 because it's quite repetitive right @Chocolate and @mademoiselle

I think you can watch the start of Predator 2 - just that 5 min where they show Jae Hoon/Bareum and his thoughts/writing his diary.

23 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It hasn't been confirmed Sung Ji Eun is Ba Reum's mum. But Predator 2 confirms Jung Jae Hoon changed his name to Jung Ba Reum. I don't know why, how, what.

Heh heh. You don't think this scene confirms Ji-eun is Bareum's mother? Am I being misled by the writer 😭😅

neImdQR.png

• Haha 2

They've still got some tricks left. This reminds me of Jdorama medicals where they're focused on solving the conflict, and then it turns out that it's only part of the greater problem. Yeah, politics is everywhere. Or some postmodern social experiment where they present the truth, twist it, and then twist it even further at the end. Surprise, they're psychoanalyzing the viewers. I really feel sorry for Jaehoon. If only he grew up in a nurturing home, he would have been taught how to be a decent human being. 

Edited by jeijei
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, jeijei said:

Eles ainda têm alguns truques restantes. Isso me lembra os médicos da Jdorama, onde eles estão focados em resolver o conflito, e então descobri que é apenas parte do problema maior. Sim, a política está em toda parte. Eu realmente sinto muito por Jaehoon. Se ao menos ele tivesse crescido em um lar acolhedor, teria sido ensinado a ser um ser humano decente. 

And if Jae Hoon had been brought up in a good home, would he have become normal? So the show will show missing a few episodes, the theme: nature versus creation? If so far, despite having suffered mistreatment, did Jae Hoon also show indifference to empathy? I already showed him opening animals, I already showed him not caring about a child dying under a bridge. They are portraying Jae Hoon and Bareum, too smart not to understand how society works and the ethics about not causing harm to others ... The series is shamelessly showing that he is a psychicopta murderer of the worst that can exist, only to say that was his upbringing what made him a predator? It would be very frustrating for the author to play like that with our intelligence.

• Like 1

Lee Seung Gi Is Riddled With Fear And Anxiety At The Thought Of Being Caught In “Mouse”

1ce736b8628242119f0c8773ca99e7e2.jpeg?s=

Tension is rising in tvN’s “Mouse”!

In the beginning, the drama was billed as a thrilling chase between a psychopathic predator and Go Moo Chi (Lee Hee Joon), a hardboiled detective out for revenge for his parents’ murder, and Jung Ba Reum (Lee Seung Gi), an upright and passionate young police officer.

Spoilers

During the drama, there were several twists and turns about Jung Ba Reum’s true identity as his psychopathic tendencies emerged. In the last episode, Jung Ba Reum was shocked after Na Chi Gook (Lee Seo Joon) suggested that he turn himself in. Furthermore, Go Moo Chi called after Jung Ba Reum when he saw him leaving the hospital in a dazed state, creating a tense atmosphere as they locked gazes.

The upcoming episode will depict the story and questions left following Na Chi Gook’s case. In the newly released stills, Jung Ba Reum sits alone on the bench with an expression full of fear. With an anxious gaze, Jung Ba Reum nervously clasps his two hands tightly together, bites his lips, and bows his head down low, conveying his immense anxiety. Furthermore, on the site where the police and crime scene investigators have gathered, Jung Ba Reum appears to be in anguish as he makes an expression of distress.

Lee-Seung-Gi-2.jpg

In order to portray Jung Ba Reum’s conflicted state of emotions in this hopeless situation, Lee Seung Gi quietly read his script to get into character all throughout the preparation stage for filming. As soon as filming began, Lee Seung Gi immediately immersed himself into his role, portraying a complicated mix of anxiety, fear, and tension through his gaze.

The production team shared, “As to whether Lee Seung Gi’s psychopathic instincts have manifested once again or if another case has occurred, the whole story behind the case will be revealed through episode 16. Please look forward to the story of episode 16, in which Lee Seung Gi’s detailed and emotion-packed acting shines.”

• Like 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Seeing the BTS in these photos, I don't understand what this new poster has to do with the drama phase. It doesn't look like the old BR. And as little as possible with the new BR. Where is this guy in the picture hiding? Will they still show another face of BR at 45 in the second half? Or just to show that Lee Seung Lee is a handsome man? 🙄🤨spacer.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Vanusa said:

I don't understand what this new poster

I think the purpose of a 2nd poster is on the vibes of the next part. As we see in poster one, it's more brighter, the captions stating "He is hunting humans" so part 1 we get there is a murderer who is hunting people like MW, Grandma, Mukbang Girl and of cause the 7 sins, and the duo will try to investigate. Then in part 2 which is this poster, it's much dull and darker in vibes, caption written as "I am starting a new hunt." So now we know who is the murderer, he will pick up again and start hunting but this time around is hunting for other reasons. KDS/Lawyer/Cat Killer all these. I see it as an interesting touch to see what they are getting us into. I think the reason why there is a need for different posters was because the first one is just a fake, so now we know who he is, so no point showing the fake one no more. Haha

Third poster comes as "I want to see my tracks closer" probably it's about finding his own past. Hahahaha it's alot, but judging from mouse I feel they would do this kind of things haha

On 5/3/2021 at 8:35 PM, jeijei said:

I really feel sorry for Jaehoon. If only he grew up in a nurturing home, he would have been taught how to be a decent human being. 

100%. I was thinking the end of the drama they probably will drive us a question into our heads which is "Will you forgive him for what he have done now or will you not forgive him for who he is?"

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

45 minutos atrás, Darkarcana disse:

Acho que o propósito de um segundo pôster é a vibração da próxima parte. Como podemos ver no pôster um, é mais brilhante, as legendas dizendo "Ele está caçando humanos", então parte 1 chegamos lá é um assassino que está caçando pessoas como MW, Vovó, Garota Mukbang e da causa dos 7 pecados, ea dupla tentará investigar. Então, na parte 2, que é este pôster, é muito maçante e sombrio em vibrações, legenda escrita como "Estou começando uma nova caçada." Agora que sabemos quem é o assassino, ele pegará novamente e escolha a caçar, mas desta vez está caçando por outros motivos. KDS / Advogado / Assassino de Gato tudo isso. Considere um toque interessante ver no que eles estão nos metendo.Acho que a razão pela qual há necessidade de cartazes diferentes é porque o primeiro é apenas uma farsa, então agora sabemos quem ele é, então não adianta mais mostrar o falso. Haha

O terceiro pôster vem como "Eu quero ver meus rastros mais de perto", provavelmente é sobre encontrar seu próprio passado. Hahahaha é muito, mas um julgar pelo rato, acho que eles fariam esse tipo de coisas haha

100%. Eu estava pensando que o fim do drama provavelmente vai nos levar a uma pergunta que é: "Você vai perdoá-lo pelo que ele fez agora ou não vai perdoá-lo por quem ele é?"

And did they need to put Bareum in that kind of clothes? Lol. As you said, we already know that the old BR was fake, so it was just showing your bad reactions in the photos, but you didn't need to put it on as Yo Han. Lol. It would be more realistic to see this psycho face on that guy in checkered clothes. 

The story lacks the morality to raise questions, when it uses the other characters already suffering enough to be dragged and punished along with the remorse of BR. In the end, the blame will be transferred to everyone, as if they were all on the same level. I am not going to lie that I felt empathy for the new Bareum at times, but in real life, psychopaths do not regret it, they do not feel remorse, and they are still exalted inside the prison. What's new in this story? Are politicians manipulative? Isn't justice impartial? Are cops dishonest and incompetent? Are people so greedy that they become psychopaths like HH, or like Daniel, that we don't know what's behind? The difference in this story was to invent a brain transplant so that the killer could empathize ... ok, but it doesn't happen in real life, so in the end, what are you going to prove? That Bareum never had the gene? That he was a genius, but because of the abuse he became that kind of monster? Waiting to see it, but I no longer have that enthusiasm for this story before.

Hmmm... @Chocolate (read spoiler if you already watch ep 16

Spoiler

SJE isnt BR's mum?!?! His mum is someone else... Who is it?

Chi Kook's fate is pretty tragic too. He was in a coma for so long yet he didnt die. He had to die when he only woke up for days ... 

So BR had similar thought to HH.. That they got into relationship with women just so they could procreate:shocked:

Now it feels like a long time ago, i dont even know who song soo ho is. Is he the boxer? Gotta check asianwiki. So that guy killed BR's mum (this must happen after BR killed the dad and his siblings right?)

Ehh.. I also forget... But isnt Choi Young Ju...that detective's daughter whom he thought was killed by HH? Do I remember it wrongly??

At the end of ep 16 credit was given to late actrss who played Chi Kook's mum :hearties:

• Like 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@SnowBlob BR's mother is the scientist wife. The one who talked to JE in front of Daniel's office when they were both pregnant. You can compare the faces with ep.1 towards the end (around 1h 5m mark).

1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

who song soo ho is. Is he the boxer?

Yes he is the one.

1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

So BR had similar thought to HH.. That they got into relationship with women just so they could procreate

This is quite laughable for me... as if it's the common trait of a psychopath to always want an heir to continue their legacy. Are they telling us that psychopathic tendencies are hereditary? I of course have not done any researching on this, but I refuse to believe that it is hereditary. Some may have suggested it, but I am sure nothing is conclusive. If so, that means it'll be quite easy to rid the world of psychopath.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

46 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

This is quite laughable for me... as if it's the common trait of a psychopath to always want an heir to continue their legacy. Are they telling us that psychopathic tendencies are hereditary? I of course have not done any researching on this, but I refuse to believe that it is hereditary. Some may have suggested it, but I am sure nothing is conclusive. If so, that means it'll be quite easy to rid the world of psychopath.

Maybe the writer still wants us to consider the possibility of BR as HH's son because they have the same thought about procreating :pandajustright: Not sure whether that's the intention or not. 

I don't know whether they're trying to tell us that psychopathic traits are hereditary because interestingly .. the scientist and his wife who do not have such genes ended up with a child with one. On the other hand, HH the psychopath and his wife ended up with one with the genius trait. So if that's truly the case (again unless the writer reveals differently), it means that it's not hereditary. 

I have not done any research in this area either .. but I suppose psychopath can also be a hereditary thing (although not always). 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

11 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Hmmm... @Chocolate (read spoiler if you already watch ep 16

Reveal hidden contents

SJE isnt BR's mum?!?! His mum is someone else... Who is it?

Yeah! I either got conned by the writer or will be conned. So I refuse to speculate further 😭😅 There's still a baby swap to consider.

Looks like "Mouse" is really about an experiment by the government.

• Haha 1

I must say I found the revelations of some stuff interesting but most of the time I could no longer connect anything to anything because I just can't remember who, what and when anymore :lol: (this show indeed is very complex!). Also glad that few things were explained and not just left forgotten (although I myself had already forgotten about them!) eg: the kid who was nice to Jae Hoon when he was little. 

So what is OZ? It seems there's this organisation who keeps surveillance on people who has the 'special' genes? I wonder what Yo Han meant when he said that they're lab mice...

I think at this point of time, it is very unlikely for me to come to like Choi Hong Ju :laugh: Her character development so far can't make me like her anymore. 

Enough of my rant ~ Can't wait to see the next episode

• Haha 1

So this seems to be a long-term psychosocial study of Daniel and HH's theories lol I bet at least one of the proponents of this crazy idea is an organizational psychopath. And did HH already predict the ending by sending Daniel 2 dead mice? Or will they go the Unbreakable/Glass route? 

• Like 1
On 3/9/2021 at 3:59 PM, Seung-Min said:

Hi @Warm Paws @Darkarcana and Mouse theorists here 👐, been lurking though I can’t really catch up with all the posts that’s why I am hesitant to give my two cents but since you mentioned about the bill that wasn’t passed and I am not sure if this has been shared already, I am curious about the role of Politics when Dr. Daniel handed documents to a government owned vehicle. 

spacer.png

I remembered watching a documentary in Netflix  entitled, “The Three Identical Strangers” which was about triplets separated after birth and were subjected to a classified research involving the Psychological effects if twins are separated from each other and how nature and nurture will make a difference in their behavior and over-all well being. 

So I was thinking if Mouse scriptwriters wanted to show this kind of government conspiracy. Did the government officials which belong to the majority group who wants forced abortion for those fetus identified with psychopath genes created a team that will monitor the children whose parents decided to let them live? Did they allow killings of innocent lives (despite knowing the culprit after constant monitoring) just to gather solid evidence of why forced abortion bill should be passed? Do they want to have in-depth study on how the 1 percent or the genius gene which is very similar to psychopaths that Dr. Daniel can’t differentiate will be able to separate themselves from psychopaths? or do they want to prove that those who belong in this 1% (genius gene) has the capacity to become serial killers, create war and ruin many lives as well which will make them a threat to the peace of society and will also lead to the conclusion that regardless if the child belongs to 99% or 1 percent, as long as his DNA has possible psychopath genes, abortion should be enforced to prevent future crimes.

I will look forward to more episodes that will unfold how politics will create impact to the characters of the story.  

I am not sure if Bareum is related to the Head Hunter yet or Jae Hoon really killed his step-father or just a self defense and his innocent mind was just clouded by peoples judgement that’s why he thought, he is a killer? We are still in Episode 1 & 2 and like any investigations, anyone can be a suspect until the culprit is caught and proven guilty. 

Excited for tomorrow’s episode :laugh:

After watching episode 17, I read back and looked for my first post in this forum to save me from reiterating my first hunch 😅 I’d like to see in the coming episodes if the possibility of Government conspiracy I have mentioned will take place 🤔 

As much as I’d like to stop ranting because it’s crazy for me to always rant yet I also keep

on watching Mouse 🤣, I just really find it funny how BR’s head was always being hit and in fact, he collapses every time and yet he wakes up like nothing happens especially in the recent ep. in which Dr. Lee asked him how did it go and he was just casual in saying, “I lost them” and just touching his head like that 😬

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a6e0f48f2ec40476d0

To think he had brain surgery. :lol: 

Although, yeah, we saw him spitting blood to confirm Dr. Lee’s warning that his life will be over soon but yeah, instead of gradually seeing him getting weaker, his adrenaline rush, vigor and stunts when faced with OZs are impressive 👏👏👏 Hahaha I am not complaining though because SG, the man-in-action looks really cool in his action scenes regardless of logic. I always remind myself that Mouse is fiction and action thrillers often has exaggerations (like unlimited bullets, energy etc.). I also have to check if my wall paint that was applied days ago can be easily removed by a wet tissue 😁

Happy to know though that Mouse rating is still doing good compared to his competitors of the same time slot 👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Earlier on I was questioning why the drama is called Mouse? — we now have an answer i.e., "we are lab mice" - hahahaha!

@Chocolate @SnowBlob Are you guys up to date? This week's episodes (16-17) confirmed who Ba Reum's mum is.

--- // ---

There are still many things left unanswered, especially on how Sung Yo Han's story ties in with Ba Reum's. Three more episodes should be enough to answer it all and it's becoming clear that this whole thing is one big government controversy. It seems like the moment Daniel Lee gave away that envelope to the person in the black car, he sold Yo Han and Ba Reum's lives with it. This OZ organisation has been secretly spying on Yo Han and Ba Reum since birth. The part that I find most laughable is how we are being informed evil Ba Reum, who supposedly is intelligent (though maybe not at genius level as Yo Han) and takes pride in his serial killing, had no idea he was being spied on and most importantly all his killings left evidence or being witnessed!

True that evil Ba Reum killed those people cruelly however I now find the OZ organisation and/or whoever lead this organisation is even more evil than Ba Reum, for knowing the truth and not putting a stop to it. So the question is is this person the President himself (and that lady Choi Young Shin) or Assembly Chairman Shin, Shin Sang's father?

In summary, these episodes confirmed Yo Han is truly Han Seo Joon's son except he is not a psycho but a genius. His mother, Sung Ji Eun, does love him but fear him too. This poor woman is always in dilemma. I can see that she wants to love Yo Han wholeheartedly, yet she also feels like he should not be born. Seeing how she seeks out Hong Joo and offers to babysit her grandson says a lot about her motherly love and regrets. I hope by the end of the finale, she gets to know Yo Han is a normal child. I'm still waiting patiently for the Show to tell me what Yo Han said to her and she collapsed to the ground in previous episodes. Also what is it that Yo Han burnt and why he has two cars.

As for Ba Reum, even though I could no longer remember the woman's face from earlier episode, it is confirmed that she is the single mother who lost her husband in a car accident. She remarried and had the twins. I was also correct that Song Soo Ho had something to do with the Guryeong Family Massacre. The step-brother is dead but step-sister is still alive, so some of you might be correct that the adult orphan we saw must be Jae Hee.

I like that Bong Yi's past tied in with Yo Han and Ba Reum's but I really don't like her as a character this week.

Although I like that she is linked to young Yo Han and Ba Reum but the details are getting a bit meshed up, isn't it? Bong Yi lives at Anshin-dong. Jae Hoon and Yo Han were in the same school at Guryeong, isn't it? Or Jae Hoon moved away with his aunt to Anshin-dong and there was where he met Yo Han and Bong Yi? :BulbaConfused:

Also Hong Joo! It's obvious that she is Park Du Seok's daughter. Her story also needs to be closed off and tie in with the past killings.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1