The Uncanny Counter 경이로운 소문 [S1: 2020-2021] [S2: 2023]

Tofu

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I can't wait to see how and why SM becomes a Counter again, though not looking forward to MO being hurt. Surely, they wouldn't kill her character off, especially when they're planning on shooting a season 2 with the same cast?

In the webtoon, she's still very much alive but the drama could adapt it differently. They could keep her alive but she's no longer a counter too -- so many possibilities. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

I am not done watching ep.10, just have to come here and vent first... 

I kinda agree with WiGen about stripping SM's status as Counter. He needs to learn how to control his emotions first before he can do his job well. But I wish there is more coaching for him while he was a Counter. He is after all still a teenager, what do they expect from him about controlling emotions? Like MO admitted, even at her age she herself has trouble to control herself, much less SM. So I appreciate the beginning of ep.10 where they addressed the concern of SM's hasty actions. Lots of viewers are also frustrated with him acting alone and not working in team. I would love to see SM grow and be a better Counter. 

I don't mind they stripped off his Counter status (temporarily ie.), and erasing his memory, but duh! please do the job thoroughly and erase everyone else's memory about the Counter SM, not just the grandparents. These include those bullies in school (urgh! seeing them start their bullying again!), those greedy politicians, and the evil spirit (okay, this might be difficult). I am angry because by stripping SM's super power, they're only rendering SM helpless in front of these people who have marked him as a target. This is so unfair for SM. How is he going to defend himself?!! I stopped at the school bullies part, and not able to continue just yet. Have to calm myself down first.

@stroppyse which Counter is my favorite ~ is a really difficult question to answer... I love them all, because each of them has their own unique story and personality that I am invested in each separately. So I really cannot chose one because for me no one stands out more than the others. I see them as a great and balanced team.  

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@Tofu Are you reading the webtoon? What's Ahn Jang Mul's (the one who pretends to remove So Mun's memory) position in this Counter business? He obviously also has Counter power but he's only providing finance & information. Is he higher in the hierachy and have more weight if he is to meet with the Spirits?

I, too, cannot decide on an absolute favourite Counter. Though it would have to be So Mun and Mae Ok as a tie and is favoured more than Mo Tak and Han Na. So Mun for his kindness, good-will, gentle and well-manners. Mae Ok for her motherly love towards all the members, especially for So Mun where she empathizes with So Mun's heart-breaking experience of losing his parents. Come to think of it, her backstory hasn't been told. Soo Ho keeps calling her Mum so are they really mother & son? While she's in cardiac arrest next episode, one of the High Spirits said Soo Ho is disappearing in the preview.

I've 100% faith she'll be OK. So Mun may be the powerful one, but Mae Ok is just as important as the centre that ground them all. I also hear from the preview that So Mun is "The One" so perhaps the power comes back to him anyway with or without the contract...?

I agree with abs on So Mun needs to learn that with great power comes great responsibilities which is why this stripping of power is a process So Mun needs to go through to learn. True that he was rash and impulsive; however, no normal human can be a Saint. Therefore, I think there's unfairness in this judgement that the High Spirits expect a kid to control his emotions, especially given the circumstances of his parents. There is no one that could guide / teach him on how to draw out the Yung's territory. None of the Counters have this power, so he resorted to channel it from his past experience. He didn't know that would harm Wigen.

I waited for episode 10 to show me more about Wigen's personal agenda, but there was none. I still believe her fears of disappearing (and potentially chance of reincarnation) got in the way of a fair judgement.

Addition: I also feel there's a sense of irresponsibility from the High Spirits of the circumstances in the human realm and lack of willingness to understand the reason behind the Counters feeling rush about evil Shin. With all of them working together they cannot beat him when he's level 3. Now he is level 4 and higher, how are they going to be able to catch Shin? Even worse now Shin is gathering his own team?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

And you'll get your badge when you decide on your Counter. So far, only @bairama and @40somethingahjummahas qualified.

So we must choose one in order to get the badge? Give me time to meditate on it... I hope I won’t sadden the other counters that I didn't choose 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

So we must choose one in order to get the badge? Give me time to meditate on it... I hope I won’t sadden the other counters that I didn't choose 😆

We should be glad if we don't get beaten to a pulp. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Finished ep.10... I am glad that SM didn’t have all his memory erased and seems like he still has a certain strength left because he was able to fight Shin back. I would love it if he turned out to be “the one”, meaning regardless of what the heavenly realms want to do with him, he is going to be a Counter anyway. The fact that he could summon the territory told us that he is different from the rest. I wouldn’t be surprised if he also has healing power. 

Okay, I’ve made my choice after finishing ep.10 and my favorite Counter will be MO. Similar to what the others have shared here, I think it’s cool that she has healing power and I love that she is always the one being careful and considerate before going into any action. She is willing to sacrifice herself for SM’s sake. I believe the other Counters will vote for her as their favorite too, so I should be safe in choosing her, LOL... 

O, also something to note. Grandma’s memory is not erased! She remembered Chairman’s visit? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am glad that SM didn’t have all his memory erased and seems like he still has a certain strength left because he was able to fight Shin back.

I was also happy that SM's memory wasn't erased, even if his leg disability returned. And, it does seem peculiar that SM has some strength left, and his threat to  the Mayor's son that he could take them all out right now, but he's being on his best behavior seems to indicate that SM hopes to be reconsidered as a Counter.

8 hours ago, joccu__ said:

I think So mun powers will come back without contract.  this weeks episodes were hard to watch but I think in some level stripping somun of his powers was the right think to do all thought Wigen was little bias because of her fear of disappearing. 

I don't think it was just fear of her disappearing that led to Wigen's request that SM be stripped of his powers. It's as she had said, someone with god given powers who could kill is no better than a demon, and I would think would be susceptible to becoming a demon. SM is a good kid, but he's shown time and time again that he doesn't exercise restraint, and he won't even listen to his team members who have told him time and time again not to go it alone. When he's in the grip of his anger, he could literally beat someone to death without even being aware of it. Being sorry for it afterwards doesn't change the outcomes, and it's dangerous without the will to really change the way one acts/reacts without thought.

So, I also think it was the right thing to do to strip SM of his powers. However, SM has already demonstrated that he's special with manifestations of powers far beyond the other Counters. As Shin raises his army of demons, I think SM will be welcomed back as a Counter, especially given the preview. I'm just hoping that MO makes it through without lasting damage.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@stroppyse I can't believe you're making me choose between the counters!!! This is too hard - they're like a package! :letalQQ:

Haha, can I pick Choi Jang Mul? Because he's so damn cool and refers to himself as the sugar daddy of the counters! :laugh:

But if it had to be out of the main 4, I guess I do like So Mun. He's the trouble-maker for sure and sometimes super immature :smile: But he's also the heart of the team and I think he really brings the team together in his innocent way. All of them seem to have been hurt (emotionally) as well as physically and I think So Mun, as someone with a warm and empathetic soul, is healing to all of them. That's why this week's episodes hurt because they lost that healing source in their lives. 

And for my opinions of last 2 episodes

Episodes 9 

- I did think SM was wrong for trying to fight Sin by himself because he's been told many times that he won't be able to take on a level 3 demon by himself. But at the same time, I think it was a mixture of emotions - anger and desperation for saving his parents, but perhaps also fear for his grandparents since Sin came to his neighbourhood. I was scared he was going to go home and find his grandparents dead. :lettalKWA:

-Wow, Sin discovering the Territory is such a horrible game changer. Now it's going to be extra hard to fight him :PsyWhat:

-When he was stabbed in the hand...AHHHHHH I was cringing so bad from pseudo pain :psweatduck: 

-I find all of MO scenes to be so touching. She really is the loving mother of the group and her ability to care for others over herself is so so so admirable in that she was willing to pour all her energy into healing SM even though it was hurting her and aging her prematurely. Her powers really suit her, but I hope they also don't cost her in the end. :PiplupCry:

-MT's explanation for what happened to Detective JY was so funny. I had to laugh when he start going on about the dots on the hands after asking her if she knows what evil spirits are. And the whole, "Other people think we're heroes, but we aren't. We just run this noodle shop."...glad she actually believes him in the next ep even though he sounded hella crazy here! :laugh:

-Equally funny was HN finding out the details of her "relationship" with SM from his grand-dad. I really liked how they joked about it in the BTS video that @Just_Me posted up on the off-week when UC was not showing. Hahaha, Jo Byeong Gyu keeps insisting HN is SM's girlfriend :lol:

-So to add to everyone' opinion about SM and his emotions and WG - I think that SM is very emotional and that why he can bring about the Territory. And since the creature know to avoid the Territory now, then SM is really the only one who will be able to help them in their fight against the creature since he's the only one who can summon the Territory? :thinking: Wonder if WG has to sacrifice herself in order for Sin to die? I mean haven't they been waiting forever to reincarnate...? But what would happen to SM's powers...

-Even though it was apparently wrong...I loved that they trashed the mayor's interview and dumped waste on him. Also wrecking havoc and spraying all the mayor's croonies was such a fun act of rebellion :lenny:

-Hahaha, the dancing scene at the noodle shop afterwards was so fun! I love that all the counters had the moves. Perhaps it's a prerequisite when they hunt for a new counter :laugh:

- The cliff hanger was good. Of course WG wouldn't want to endanger herself or Yung....but it still caught me by surprise since it wasn't the inspector who made that choice but WG!

Episode 10

- I do think that for SM, it's not so much that he's keen to fulfill personal agendas (or no different to say MT who keeps trying to find out his past)...but he is also younger than everyone there and as a teenager, he's not very good at controlling his emotions especially since he's had such deep wounds from his childhood and now he actually knows the killer of his parents is still alive and their souls are trapped...Not saying his actions are justifiable, but that the Yung people are a bit harsh on him given his youth. :idk:

-Also I thought it was a bit high and mighty for WG to say that not controlling one's emotions make them like evil spirits. I mean SM only has no control over his feelings when it comes to evil spirits rather than humans (Sin, the school bully are pretty much evil spirits etc). I once heard that not doing anything when you're in a position to correct evil is just as bad as being evil itself....so I would think the Yung people are kind of like this by not being flexible about some of the counter's actions :thinking:

-I did think the memory erasing didn't make sense for SM - I mean the kid goes to school and everyone saw him stop limping...if they erased his memory, they'd have to erase like the entire school too :ChikoWTF:

-I liked that not everyone wants to be a counter...and not everyone wants to wake up to life again in a coma. I think it was beautifully illustrated this episode that even though there's a perk, it was still a generous decision made by each member of the team. And they all have such strong spirits and have a will to live, even after all the terrible things that happened to them, which is why they can fight demons. :cool:

-I'm glad JM was smart enough to leave his memories in tact for his safety! I mean imagine if SM had run into Sin without his memories. He would be slaughtered. Also I love how much of a family The Counters are!! I really liked that they checked on him at school  :wow::fam:

-Wait does SM still have elements of his powers? Or he just learnt to fight better so can defend from his bullies if he wants to??

- The gathering of demons sounds so damn scary! I mean, this sounds like a freaking war and it's terrifying because it seems like they can make more demons easily...but the Counters are limited in numbers :lettalKWA:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 1/3/2021 at 1:17 PM, Tofu said:

Wow, what an interesting twist at the end there! I guess it should have been expected because they had been warned many times prior that they would be stripped of their powers if they continue to use it for unrelated things. I just did not see the suggestion from Wigen coming. I do understand why she suggested it though. SM learned that he can alter the territory to his benefit if he gets to a certain emotional state. While he was doing that, it affected Wigen

On 1/3/2021 at 7:18 PM, LaLa said:

I have a different approach about this. While it's true that Moon might be misused his power to find his mother and father, from the beginning he accept the job as counter because he was promised by Wi Gen that he can meet his parents if he did his job well. Like Ms Chu said, while other counters got the second chance to live their life, So Mun is not in the same condition as them.

On 1/3/2021 at 8:22 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I think one of the important messages of this drama is the Peter Parker principle  with great power comes great responsibilities.  The powers given to the Counters  & the powers of the elected representatives can be viewed in a similar way. No matter how you justify the reasons for using the powers given to you , even if they are meant for good , once they are used for personal reasons the lines will start to blur. Just like how politicians can easily exploit their position to make decisions or kickstart projects in the name of people's welfare , they can easily take advantage of this to line their own pockets or serve their own interests. That's the danger with the powers given to the Counters - it can be easily misused. WiGen took those powers back from SM was because she could sense that he was consumed by revenge. While it was important to kill off these level 3 spirits , SM was no longer thinking rationally . This endangers himself , his team and may also result in collateral damage.

On 1/4/2021 at 6:02 AM, stroppyse said:

I have sympathy for this viewpoint, but SM says that he has to save his parents himself. It's become personal for him and in his youthful, unrestrained passion, he's already shown that he is unwilling to listen to his team and just do whatever he feels like. There is no measured consideration of wanting to catch a demon so that others won't be harmed. SM is riding on pure, unrestrained emotion.

I mentioned some stuff in episode opinions before, but to weigh in on the matter because it's so interesting and everyone has made some good points:

-I don't think SM should have done what he did and just fought Shin without the help of the other members, it's just so reckless and could have created great danger for himself and others. And he has been told over and over again that he can't fight a level 3 by himself. :psweatduck:

-But at the same time, I agree with @LaLa in that SM is not a consciously self-serving person. But he is very young - And teenagers often have no real grasp on their emotions and he has some massive wounds in his past. So I feel like it's not so much that he is deeply into fulfilling some personal agenda...but that he has a very hard time controlling himself from thinking about it when he is faced with Shin. Also I did think it was a bit tricky of those in Yung to promise him a meeting with his parents...when his parents had been consumed by a demon?? :thinking:

-I can see why the powers were removed and @abs-oluteM's point about responsibilities, power and personal agenda. I also think as @stroppyse mentioned that SM needs to learn about being less reckless and thinking in a bigger-picture/whole team way. But in terms of how it was handled with the Yung guardians, I thought that was a bit meh. SM didn't get warnings for some of those prior acts...and the disappearing of WG with the summoning of territories happened when SM was trying to figure out his own powers not with Shin...so it feels they should have set boundaries for that and if he had broken that, then take the powers away. :idk:

-Also, those Yung Guardians have their own personal agendas to reincarnate. So it's not entirely innocent on their part either. And  they don't fight the demons either, or provide additional help when a demon is being fought, so that's where I'm like, it sucks to be a counter because it does still feel dangerous and very sacrificial as MO mentioned in her speech. :poliWeird:

-I guess no issues with SM losing his powers to learn to be better (and he'll probably get them back)...but my main issues are with how those guardians in Yung just exist and dictate rules, but sometimes don't seem to communicate them and have a lot of criticisms?? Also selecting teenagers with murdered parents for counters but expecting them to be calm when they meet the murderer is just having very high expectations! :laugh:

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Finished ep.10... I am glad that SM didn’t have all his memory erased and seems like he still has a certain strength left because he was able to fight Shin back. I would love it if he turned out to be “the one”, meaning regardless of what the heavenly realms want to do with him, he is going to be a Counter anyway. The fact that he could summon the territory told us that he is different from the rest. I wouldn’t be surprised if he also has healing power. 

6 hours ago, JenL said:

-I'm glad JM was smart enough to leave his memories in tact for his safety! I mean imagine if SM had run into Sin without his memories. He would be slaughtered. Also I love how much of a family The Counters are!! I really liked that they checked on him at school  :wow::fam:

Have got to love this sugar daddy of theirs! If the others had done it ( left SM with the memories) they'd probably lose their powers if it was found out by the higher-ups. At least even if Jang Mool got warned, I don't think he is at the point of losing his powers. I find it interesting that Jang Mool  has a different role from the others - he doesn't go to the field to fight the demons . So is he like a rank above the rest or something?

I was definitely surprised that Mun still had his power / physical strength. Mun is indeed the chosen or special one. Unlike the rest who were in coma or on the brink of death, Wigen entered his body when he was conscious. That's why he is the most powerful of them all. What they need to do is to help him harness that power & control his emotions ( and Mun is learning that quickly seeing how he dealt with the Mayor's son) . I think they cannot just remove his powers just like this because they ( the Yung folks) have yet to fulfill their promise to Mun to retrieve his parents' souls . And Mun had already done some work for them . It is a different story from the rest who had their lives back in exchange for the risk they would take to kill these evil spirits. 

@stroppyse I cho0se Mo Tak since ahjussi flash his abs

..hahahahaah...kidding ...I just like his rough on the outside , soft on the inside character . Plus I like that little side love story he has with that detective. I wonder if he will remember one day what it was like. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 1/3/2021 at 9:08 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu Are you reading the webtoon? What's Ahn Jang Mul's (the one who pretends to remove So Mun's memory) position in this Counter business? He obviously also has Counter power but he's only providing finance & information. Is he higher in the hierachy and have more weight if he is to meet with the Spirits?

Not necessary. I was trying to find inspiration for the banner and I decided to take a look at the webtoon. I think the chapters where he shows up, you have to pay for and it's not one of the free ones. Haha! If @stroppyse has the time one day, maybe she can translate his character bio? (in spoiler tag) Maybe it'll tell more about him, maybe it won't too. LOL!

Spoiler

FtEvb3m.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was going to stick the text into Papago for translation & it had to be an image file. :PikachuFacePalm:

Wikipedia English says Choi Jang Mul is the first and leader of the Counters in Korea. So perhaps he has retired.

The first and leader of the Counters in Korea; owner of Jangmul Retail. Jang-mul is one of the richest chaebol in South Korea. He manages the Counters' expenses and supports them in matters that need his influence.

Wikipedia Chinese tells us a bit more about him. The gist is that he avoided going to jail for tax evasion by pretending to be sick and found out he is sick. The operation failed and he died. Yung offers him his life back as long as he support the Counters financially. He rejected at first until he heard from his child (children?) by his dead body telling him they lost 3 billion at the casino and he got so angry and came back to life.

acb8706f83ad22274f5d415f2d0f3c08adc77b46

b3bfb74f3fc6ebabe9890922517c22f6b90198ef

source: https://chanikang.tumblr.com/post/639456922993639424/mercurialhigh-toosexy4thenoodlerestaurant

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
On 1/3/2021 at 7:39 AM, stroppyse said:

The Uncanny Event 

We wanted to celebrate this drama that we're so enthralled with, so we have a special badge for you if you answer 1 question.

Who is your favorite Counter and why?

Or if you have another favorite character other than a Counter, that would be acceptable as well. Let us know what you think! 

My favorite counter is Mo Tak !!! I like his personality best.

But tbh, my fave characters in the show are the 2 bestfriends of So Mun. Very adorable and dependable friends!!! 👍👍👍👍

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

3 hours ago, -StrongTower- said:

My favorite counter is Mo Tak !!! I like his personality best.

So his abs didn't play a role ? :GrowDerp:..kidding/....

@jeijei @Mapleoaks5 @eNDe @Just_Me @joccu__ @LaLa @cherrhys88 don't forget to tell @stroppyse who your favourite counter or even character is for the event! I know it is hard to choose...

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

He rejected at first until he heard from his child (children?) beside his dead body that they lost 3 billion at the casino and he got so angry and came back to life.

For some reason , I laughed my head off...it just sounds exactly like how I imagine his character to be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

The best part about So Mun getting stripped of his Counter privileges is seeing how much Mae-ok and the rest miss him and feel their loss acutely. On an occasion Go-tak and Mae-ok watch him leave the school gate from across the road wondering if he's okay. In their eyes, he wasn't just a fellow team member, he was family. Losing him from the roster hurt them emotionally as much it hurt him. Mae-ok seemed especially crushed by recent events despite having sacrificed a year of her strength to ensure his survival after his near-death altercation with Ji Cheong-sin. Her empathetic nature sees her heading to the Yung immigration office to seek other avenues of having him reinstated. In her mind, he did everything for family and as someone who cares deeply about family, it's good enough of a reason for her to have more gray hairs.

I was wondering how they were going to handle Mun losing his abilities and memories but thanks to some good sense on the part of Chairman Choi, Mun retained his memories.  Logically speaking, there could be no other way. Especially with the school bullies still nipping at his heels. What's surprising though is that he seems to have kept his physical strength to some degree. Though not yet explained, that could be the unintended benefit of the rigorous training or perhaps there's something else going on with Mun that's not yet revealed. That's entirely possible considering how he wasn't recruited in the usual way and he has the ability to manipulate Yung territory. Well, he is supposed to be the Uncanny Counter after all. :D

Even though divesting Mun of his abilities was the right thing to do because he was on a slippery slope to the dark side, it was never ideal. There were never any good or easy choices to begin with. I had an inkling a while back that it would leave him and the rest of the team rather vulnerable. It was never a good solution even if on some level it was a necessary one. As I had feared, this change of status quo played into the hands of the demons. I suppose one could argue that it was  Mun's fault for creating this scenario but there's a war looming and he's the raw recruit who hasn't been given a lot of time to make mistakes and learn from them. He was thrown into the deep end. To his credit he acknowledges his shortcomings to the high school bully, the mayor's son. But I'm also convinced that there are extenuating circumstances also at play. Mae-ok seems to understand the urgency on his part and the recklessness that goes with it. Ultimately he's a kid with a lot on his shoulders who has had very little time to process everything. The ramifications of being a Counter has only just sunk in. It was always a double-edge sword bestowing superhuman abilities to a teenage boy who is working against the clock to save his parents from complete oblivion. On top of that, the window for his training and on the job experience has been limited. The circumstances surrounding his selection as Counter was extraordinary from the first. 

I suppose my attitude towards releasing Mun's contract with Wigen is "I get it... but still..." He was chosen for a reason. And I suspect that what's to come was meant to come... To bring everything to a head. Perhaps the fact that Ji Cheong-sin bringing the evil spirits together is a silver lining in a very dark cloud. They're out in the open. They're a known quantity after this. There's a line that's often used in C dramas. "We're in the open but they're hidden [in the dark]" Who knows... perhaps this will bring everything that was hidden out in the open. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@40somethingahjumma‘s long post above is all white to me. I cannot read anything. What’s happening? 

It is okay in dark mode. So this happens sometimes when we perhaps cut & paste from another place , it may over-ride the default font - it looks okay in one mode but not in another mode .

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

On 1/3/2021 at 7:39 AM, stroppyse said:

:GengarCool:The Uncanny Event :HaunterOK:

We wanted to celebrate this drama that we're so enthralled with, so we have a special badge for you if you answer 1 question.

Who is your favorite Counter and why?

Or if you have another favorite character other than a Counter, that would be acceptable as well. Let us know what you think! :pandaevil:

Does love at first sight count?...because I saw Mo-Tak in the trailer and I knew it’s gonna take some kind of magic to make me not choose him.

And turns out, I really really do like Mo-Tak right from the first introduction of him trying to warn So Mun’s dad which then became a special connection to So Mun in the future and that he was a detective then turns out he had a girlfriend who is also a detective...and well yeah doesn’t help that Yoo Jun-sang is playing Mo-Tak...so my favourite counter is Mo-Tak! :love:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 2
On 1/4/2021 at 10:08 AM, mademoiselle said:

I did read the webtoon but only until chapter 20. The next chapters need to be paid for the access LOL. And since I only have limited understanding of Korean, I only understand about 20% of the content and for the rest I just guessing it. Webtoon chapter 20 did talk about Mr Choi character. He is recruited as counter team but not as active field agent but as their financer who takes care of the money. Not sure whether he has higher hierarchy or not. 

In webtoon, most of the spirit partners are foreigner. I think the only original spirit that they don't change is the drama is Wi Gen. In webtoon she is originated from German and she died because of fall from height while hiking. 

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

don't forget to tell @stroppyse who your favourite counter or even character is for the event! I know it is hard to choose...

It is hard :scaredpanda2: I like all 5 counters because they have their own charms and completed the team with it.

@stroppyse For the last few episodes, Ms Chu Mae Ok is currently on my top favorite. She might thinks that she's not good enough in fighting and can only heal people's injury but I think she's the counter's pillar and source of wisdom. She knew how to use her power well and even though she tried to not misused it, when bad people hurt her people, she won't afraid to protect them and use her power to do so. And among the 4 active counter, we haven't got her background story of becoming a counter, so I'm really curious about her. Not to mention, how does she get her own son as her spirit partner?

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Wikipedia English says Choi Jang Mul is the first and leader of the Counters in Korea. So perhaps he has retired.

When I tried to read his character description, from what I understood it didn't tell us that he is the first leader. The Chinese translations is pretty close with the last part of his character descriptions. When he is recruited as counter at first, people from Yung say that he didn't have to catch the evil spirits, just manage the counter finance.

In fact, the leader of the counter team in Jungjin City is Ms Chu, according to her descriptions. She and Mo Tak were hospital mates who were in coma state and become the first counter members in Jungjin together. I tried to read her descriptions to found out more about Su Ho and Ms Chu, but didn't find a lot of information. She had her picture taken in front of driving license place with her young son before she become a counter. She also the one who decided to run for noodle restaurant. At first Chairman Choi wanted to build a pasta restaurant as their base camp, but Ms Chu said she wanted to run a noodle restaurant. :MewGiggle:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: