Times - 타임즈 [2021]

2XovR-4c.jpg

Native Title: 타임즈

Genres: Thriller, Crime, Drama, Fantasy, Political

Episodes: 12

Airs: Feb 20, 2021 - Mar 28, 2021

Airs On: Saturday, Sunday

Original Network: OCN

“Times” is a political thriller about a woman in 2020, who can make a phone call to the past, and a man in 2015, who team up to save the assassinated president. 

CAST

20201205-235632.jpg

Lee Seo Jin role is that of a reporter named Lee Jin Woo, who makes people in high places afraid in his pursuit of the truth and reveals the true faces behind people in power.

Even when he receives threats to shut his mouth, he releases follow-up reports about the threats. He is the main reason that his impoverished paper, the Times, is becoming even poorer, but he is also their star reporter.

Spoiler

20201205-235643.jpg

Cr. Mydramalist & Soompi

• Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 12/5/2020 at 9:58 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

“Times” is a political thriller about a woman in 2020, who can make a phone call to the past, and a man in 2015, who team up to save the assassinated president. 

I have to admit, the political/newspaper theme wasn't all that exciting to me, but knowing this makes it a bit more interesting. I also really like Lee Joo Young (the original "swag" girl from Weightlighting Fairy LOL!), so I'll keep this drama in mind for 2021!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@Tofu this drama sounds like Signal, as can converse to people from the past? The information still very limited, and no trailer yet. So not much impression to get from this drama yet. In general I like newspaper / reporter theme, and it's Lee Seo Jin, and @abs-oluteM already appointed me to take care of this thread, since it's my oppa, she said 🤣🤣🤣... 

The FL I totally have no idea, hence I was a bit unsure about the drama. Cross finger it will be good. 

Eh hey @bluepebbles LSJ should be your oppa too? No? Haha... 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteM already appointed me to take care of this thread, since it's my oppa, she said 🤣🤣🤣... 

:laugh::laugh:

Agreed, it does sounds a bit like Signal. I wonder how they will change it up so it's not being compared to Signal, because a phone call and a walkie talkie is kind of similar, right? :pandathink:

• Like 2

ca6c2953c032486bb2b5c12f91ef5ea1-jpeg.jp

Lee Seo Jin, Lee Joo Young, Kim Young Chul, And Moon Jung Hee Cast In New Political Mystery Drama

Dec 14, 2020
by U. Kim
Cr. Soompi

OCN has revealed the cast lineup for a new drama titled “Times” (literal title)!

“Times” is confirmed to be OCN’s first Saturday-Sunday drama of 2021 and will star Lee Seo Jin, Lee Joo Young, Kim Young Chul, and Moon Jung Hee.

“Times” is a “time warping” political mystery drama that tells the story of Seo Jung In (Lee Joo Young), who becomes connected to reporter Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin) from five years in the past through a phone call. Seo Jung In discovers a dangerous truth as she tries to prevent the death of her father Seo Gi Tae (Kim Young Chul), who is the president.

Lee Seo Jin’s character Lee Jin Woo lives in 2015 as a reporter with strong convictions. He is also the CEO of the news media company Times. Through a phone call connected to the future, he is introduced to a shocking truth and falls into a state of confusion.

Nonetheless, he will persistently pursue the truth behind what has happened. In his second OCN drama after “Trap,” Lee Seo Jin will portray a character that is in line with the “tsundere” (showing cold behavior while being warm-hearted on the inside) personality he has shown on variety shows.

As Seo Jung In, Lee Joo Young will be a passionate reporter living in 2020. She follows the footsteps of her president father who started out as a reporter. Her peaceful life is turned upside down when her father passes away and she becomes able to communicate with Lee Jin Woo from the past through a call. Despite the shocking events occurring in her life, she is determined to uncover the truth surrounding her father.

President Seo Gi Tae who holds the key to the truth is played by Kim Young Chul. Seo Gi Tae used to be a righteous reporter until he witnessed figures with power concealing and manipulating the truth. After that experience, he decided that he would rise to a position with authority, and he succeeded in becoming the president. This will be Kim Young Chul’s first role as a president in his 40 years of acting, but he will surely pull it off charismatically.

Moon Jung Hee will play the assemblywoman Kim Young Joo who helps Seo Gi Tae and is the next presidential candidate. Raised in poverty, Kim Young Joo grew up to become a level-headed adventurer who is not shaken by any threats that come at her. Agreeing with Seo Gi Tae’s convictions, she helped him rise to the position of president and became one of his closest advisors.

The production team behind “Times” commented, “A ‘time warping’ story where characters living five years apart connect through a phone call will be meshed with a realistic portrayal of the world of politics as well as a touch of thrilling mystery, creating a cohesive and heart-stopping drama.

We’ve strengthened our first attempt at this genre by casting the four great actors. We’ll greet you in 2021 with a well-made drama that meets everyone’s expectations.”

“Times” is slated to premiere February 2021.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

def833365f2445ad8714c0bcc744e29e-jpeg.jp

Watch: Lee Seo Jin, Lee Joo Young, And More Act Passionately At Script Reading For Upcoming OCN Mystery Drama

Dec 23, 2020
by S. Nam

OCN’s first Saturday-Sunday drama of 2021 “Times” (literal title) released a new behind-the-scenes video from the script reading!

“Times” is a “time warp” political mystery drama that tells the story of Seo Jung In (Lee Joo Young), who becomes connected to reporter Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin) from five years in the past through a phone call. Seo Jung In discovers a dangerous truth as she tries to prevent the death of her father Seo Gi Tae (Kim Young Chul), who is the president.

The video begins with Lee Seo Jin introducing himself. He shared, “I’m really happy to be able to work with great actors. I play the role of a CEO and reporter at a small news media company. I’m thinking about how to portray this figure charismatically.”

Clips of Lee Seo Jin on set show him filming playfully between takes while immersing himself completely in his role during the script reading.

Lee Joo Young will play Seo Jung In, a passionate reporter living in 2020. She shares, “The character of Seo Jung In is a reporter, and she’s filled with righteousness. Her father is the president, but rather than benefiting from that, she’s a figure who wants to develop her own path. However, she encounters some unforeseen events, and although she’s a bit shocked, she works with Lee Jin Woo to solve the case.”

Kim Young Chul plays Seo Gi Tae, who used to be a righteous reporter until he witnessed figures with power concealing and manipulating the truth. After that experience, he decided that he would rise to a position with authority, and he succeeded in becoming the president.

In the drama, president Seo Gi Tae will suddenly become a person who went missing in 2015. Seo Jung In, with the help of Lee Jin Woo, will fight to discover the truth behind his disappearance.

Lee Joo Young shares, “I’ve continuously been a fan of OCN dramas, so I’m waiting everyday for the first day of filming with heart-fluttering excitement to be able to work on a project with such a great script and senior actors who have given me a lot of help by my side.”

In addition to the leads, actors Moon Jung Hee, Song Young Chang, Kim In Kwon, Yoo Sung Joo, Shim Hyung Tak, and Moon Ji In will join the talented cast.

The behind-the-scenes video concludes with Lee Seo Jin and Lee Joo Young asking viewers to anticipate the upcoming drama.

“Times” will premiere in February 2021.

• Like 1

eebf4ba474364579922c4590db7f1d95-jpeg.jp

Watch: Lee Joo Young And Lee Seo Jin Are Connected Across Time In Chilling Teaser For OCN Mystery Drama

Dec 30, 2020
by S. Nam

OCN’s upcoming Saturday-Sunday drama “Times” (literal title) released its first teaser!

“Times” is a “time warp” political mystery drama that tells the story of Seo Jung In (Lee Joo Young), who becomes connected to reporter Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin) from five years in the past through a phone call. Seo Jung In discovers a dangerous truth as she tries to prevent the death of her father Seo Gi Tae (Kim Young Chul), who is the president.

Lee Seo Jin plays Lee Jin Woo, who lives in 2015 as a reporter with strong convictions. He is also the CEO of the news media company Times.

Lee Joo Young plays Seo Jung In, a passionate reporter living in 2020. She follows the footsteps of her president father who started out as a reporter. Her peaceful life is turned upside down when her father passes away and she becomes able to communicate with Lee Jin Woo from the past through a call.

In the teaser, a frightened Seo Jung In turns around in shock. Her voice in the background asks, “What is the year, month, date, and time?”

Similarly, Lee Jin Woo looks bewildered and lost. His voice over shares, “I received a call from five years in the future. From 2020.”

• Like 1

86bf5eff23134cac9e8efb1ebd0f5b77-jpeg.jp

Watch: Lee Joo Young And Lee Seo Jin’s Upcoming Drama Teases A Baffling Time-Warp Mystery In New Preview

Jan 7, 2021
by E. Cha

OCN’s upcoming drama “Times” has unveiled an intriguing new teaser!

“Times” is a new “time-warp” political mystery drama starring Lee Joo Young as Seo Jung In, the daughter of South Korean president Seo Gi Tae (played by Kim Young Chul). After miraculously communicating with journalist Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin) from five years in the past by phone call, Seo Jung In attempts to prevent the death of her father—but stumbles upon a dangerous truth in the process.

On January 7, the upcoming drama released a mysterious teaser that highlights the stark contrast between the peaceful present and the tumultuous past. The clip begins in 2020, with an anchor reporting, “As President Seo Gi Tae’s term in office draws to a close…” before suddenly jumping back in time to 2015, when an anchor announces, “Breaking news: presidential candidate Seo Gi Tae has been murdered.”

After raising the baffling question of how Seo Gi Tae can be president in 2020 after being murdered in 2015, the teaser goes on to show flashes of Lee Jin Woo frantically racing down a hall, Seo Gi Tae on the campaign trail, and Seo Jung In sobbing in despair. The video ends with the words: “Truth that transcends time: ‘Times.'”

“Times” is currently slated to premiere in February 2021. Check out the new teaser below!

• Like 2

92764cbf3a4948649db876c19396294e-jpeg.jp

Lee Seo Jin Is A Determined Reporter In New Time-Warp Mystery Drama

Jan 8, 2021
by S. Nam

OCN’s upcoming drama “Times” released its first set of stills of Lee Seo Jin!

“Times” is a new “time-warp” political mystery drama starring Lee Joo Young as Seo Jung In, the daughter of South Korean president Seo Gi Tae (played by Kim Young Chul). After miraculously communicating with journalist Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin) from five years in the past by phone call, Seo Jung In attempts to prevent the death of her father—but stumbles upon a dangerous truth in the process.

Lee Jin Woo is a journalist who enjoys thoroughly reporting on the worst sides of the powerful, and his specialty is offending people in high positions with his scathing criticism that he writes without reservation. Lee Jin Woo won’t allow corruption to be covered up, and he fulfills his job as a reporter by revealing the truth despite becoming a thorn in many sides. The newly released stills depict Lee Jin Woo working passionately with those firm beliefs.

Lee-Seo-Jin.jpg

Lee-Seo-Jin-2.jpg

The production team explained, “The actor’s tsundere charm [having cold outward behavior while actually being warm and caring on the inside] is conveyed through his character.” Lee Seo Jin has gained much love from variety show viewers for his way of pointing out the truth and complaining about unfairness while simultaneously taking care of the cast and staff. Lee Seo Jin’s rough manner of speech yet affectionate personality is greatly similar to Lee Jin Woo’s attitude of being a rough reporter who also can’t ignore someone’s desperate plea for help.

Lee-Seo-Jin-3.jpg

Lee-Seo-Jin-5.jpg

Furthermore, the production team added, “Lee Jin Woo is, in other words, Lee Seo Jin. Lee Seo Jin has brought to life Lee Jin Woo’s actions and lines that were only depicted in writing within the script. Thanks to that, the character’s charm has doubled. Please look forward to Lee Seo Jin’s charming role as someone who reveals facts as he completes ‘Times’ and makes it even richer with this character synergy.”

Lee-Seo-Jin-7.jpg

Lee-Seo-Jin-4.jpg

Lee-Seo-Jin-6.jpg

“Times” is currently slated to premiere in February 2021. In the meantime, watch a teaser for the drama here!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ep 1 

Pros:

- Some comedy quite funny. 

@LaLaWhen the lady & guy want to resign together lols, and the lady said because the CEO asked her to translate American drama before the sub is out 😆 I wish I got paid for subbing drama haha... 

Cons:

- Time travel, amnesia ideas not new. 

- A bit patchy, too many characters introduced and things still a bit confusing for me. 

- So few of Lee Seo Jin... hahaha... 

- Tbh the FL can't really hold my attention to watch her. (Not good news when this happen)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Will watch episode 2.

Saw trailer of ep 2 and will be more of my dimples oppa. So I will continue watch this as well. 

I have to say the idea really too similar with Kairos. Its just here mixed with political candidacy. 

Btw ep 1 rating is 1.6%. I hope things will get better and have more mistery to expect. 

• Like 2