29 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Indeed, Tea is very ter-RJY RJY lately. He's everywhere LOL. 

Hahahahha Madem is fast learner with our language @bairama

Let's see if this Rain God can cure my addiction to RJY @JenL

As of travel mate @Tofu, I need someone like RJY to lead. Cos I always got lost . If I travel with @JenL's LJH, I might not coming back alive 😆 And medium group size like 4-5 people are quite fun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I'm not sure what this is in reference to but I agreed. I tend to be really flexible and laid back whenever I travel but sometimes the people I travel with are not. We're on vacation, please relax and enjoy yourself but also, if we are in an Asian country, please do not have me go looking for Western food.

I've experienced these too! Travel mates constantly on the go because they want to get/see everything they put on the schedule. I also think having the same values and eating habits are important too because I was tricked into the trip by them having telling me money is not an issue but by the time we paid the plane tickets, money becomes an issue. Same for food, we shouldn't have to go separate ways for meals. Yes, vice versa, don't go to Western countries and look for Asian food! We should be trying out the local food (unless they are too spicy for me to handle, ahem).

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I'm not going to lie, making gifs of Rowoon is quite fun. His facial expressions are great and I like the colors of the drama too. 

Kyaaaaaaa. More Rowoon! :wow:  Let me ter-Rowoon Rowoon again...!!!

I'm happy that you enjoy giffing him. I haven't even started but many people have done it so I'll just save theirs. One gif for me take an hour to do; too inefficient. Sometimes the video convertor ruins the video too which drives me nuts. I don't know how those pro Giffers churn it out so quick. They've done a better job than me 99% of the time. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, JenL said:

When I really loved Puff and Jasper during Pleasantly Surprised , a lot of people were more meh about them because Puff apparently had such good chemistry with Aaron Yan in Just You, her project before Pleasantly Surprised. 

Just You is an easy to watch drama, but towards the end quite draggy and boring.  Jasper x Puff pair in BWGM of course have more electricity than Just You! Actually BWGM is the most creative Taiwan drama I watched to date. Because it didn't follow the normal cliche common formula. 

Before that I was like oh Jasper Liu haha... I wonder why he's so famous 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea @JenL It's not easy to find a good travel mate 😔 

So True! There's some great friends who you love, but cannot travel with! But also lucky that I have a few close friends who are super chill travel buddies. One in particular - we've done a number of long trips with no conflicts. I think coz we're both fairly independent so can split up and meet back for dinner or have a number of sightseeing locations we go together, but then she'll go shopping and I'll go to a theme park and then we hang out for supper/ drinks later at night. I think it helps that we have flexible personalities with money and time - ie. she's not mad if I head out first because she wants to sleep in and I'm happy to help her lug her extra shopping at airports and pick souvenirs for several hours. It's win win :MewWave:

I'm recommending it because of LJW's dual roles in there that I think, as a fan of his, you should totally check out. I'm not invested in LDH x LJW pairing or think of the ship or chemistry highly like other fans. How they become a couple was a fun watch but it's the main story that I'm recommending - the topics discussed (interesting arguments from both sides - that some things just doesn't have a black and white), strong female characters and this one being everyone's least favourite—the main OTP's dilemma on their marriage viewpoints.

Actually that's true, I do know that he plays really opposing characters through that meta-role where he's an actor in a drama inside this drama :laugh: I am curious about the other storylines...

I've put it on my not-ready-yet-but-one-day-to-watch list :lol:

Hahahaha this I have to claim complete innocence. I really did just thought of you when I saw his new photoshoot. If I were to sway you, I'd put two of them side by side xD But I don't want to push people to like Rowoon if they don't, because pushing only makes people dislike or get fed up of him instead. 

Hahahaha it's true, you could have put those photos next to Rowoon's photoshoots for The King's Affection :laugh::laugh::laugh: I think he looked pretty handsome for the ones he did with Park Eun Bin! Well, Rowoon is actually one of my Oppas, but not sure why he has always remained at the Eye-candy tier only. To tell you the truth, I only picked up EY because I was like, "Who is that handsome tall guy?" :lol:

But then I don't know what happened. Baek Kyung was such a jerk and I hate those types of abusive characters!...But the story actually gave him a philosphical out (ie. his actions were not his own due to controlling writer and he's also a victim of the writer) and LJW acted so well to shift your anger into pity and it was interesting to see the decisions he made as a dark horse to the story.... And then LJW pierced his way into my heart :lettalKWA::hearties:

And King's Affection, I cannot resist super nice second lead characters :idk:

So. In conclusion, Rowoon has to pick a project with no second leads so I don't get distracted  :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't know. I am swooning alone here. Hahaha. @Tofu was lovely to make me so many Rowoon's gifs

Hahaha I thought @Tofu adopted Rowoon from this or I'm making things up :thinking:

Ah true. It's a weird thing but I kind of understand that behaviour, like the EY casts are being "excused". And also like you said, RW only follow "work" stuff so it is acceptable and fair. xD I think this is also why RW doesn't follow anybody or post a lot - to avoid all this messy weird stuff.

I think people love the EY closeness from all the behind the scenes content and those actors have been on record saying they still have a private group chat, so people feel comforted that they're really friends  :zzzz: Especially since Rowoon and LJW will tag each other in the occasional silly selfies. But for other connections they have nothing to go by and their weird imaginations go haywire trying to deduct how close they really are... :lol:

It's probably safer to not follow anyone...but I really do like it when my faves follow other stars and occasionally comment on other stars' posts. It feels nice and relatable to see some connection and personality...I would feel sad if all my favourites felt that it was too unsafe that they all had to follow 0 people :cry:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 hours ago, JenL said:

So True! There's some great friends who you love, but cannot travel with! But also lucky that I have a few close friends who are super chill travel buddies. One in particular - we've done a number of long trips with no conflicts. I think coz we're both fairly independent so can split up and meet back for dinner or have a number of sightseeing locations we go together, but then she'll go shopping and I'll go to a theme park and then we hang out for supper/ drinks later at night. I think it helps that we have flexible personalities with money and time - ie. she's not mad if I head out first because she wants to sleep in and I'm happy to help her lug her extra shopping at airports and pick souvenirs for several hours. It's win win

That's great for you! Was your friend a decisive shopper? I find that important now after my last trip. My foot couldn't handle all the standing, waiting for the travel mate to decide on "should I or should I not buy?". I kept telling her we're all the way here already, get what you want so you won't regret later. We went solo after the second week in the trip. I needed my Me time and go at my own pace. She wanted to try out all 12 types of ramen introduced by a blogger and I was like, "No. I did not come all the way to Japan to eat only ramen. I want fresh sashimi (which she refuses to try) or try other new menu." Other than Ichiran ramen, I'm actually not a fan of the intense flavour of ramen broth.

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Well, Rowoon is actually one of my Oppas, but not sure why he has always remained at the Eye-candy tier only. To tell you the truth, I only picked up EY because I was like, "Who is that handsome tall guy?" 

I actually don't quite know the FL/ML when I picked up EY. I've actually seen RW's works in the correct timeline since School 2017 → Where Stars Land → EY. His characters didn't make a lasting impression then. But in EY, he was like the ML coming out from my childhood manga; I was ♥o♥. A friend and I both loved it most when Haru is all mysterious and quiet. :laugh: After he opened his mouth, it was like *imaginary shatters* :lmao2: It took some time to get used to his voice, hahaha (mianhe Rowoon-ah). However, I must say Rowoon has worked on his intonation after EY. He was so much high pitch in Where Stars Land and improved A LOT between EY to Sunbae and now Affection. So, all good coz I love seeing improvement in Oppa's acting.

2 hours ago, JenL said:

So. In conclusion, Rowoon has to pick a project with no second leads so I don't get distracted

That's not possible. But heyyyy, you can pick up Sunbae then coz you definitely won't get SLS!

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I think people love the EY closeness from all the behind the scenes content and those actors have been on record saying they still have a private group chat, so people feel comforted that they're really friends

True. They were really close because they were about the same age and they supported each other when the pressure was high. I still remember Hye Yoon kept stuffing up her lines in the BTS & was upset. RW comforted her by patting her back. The pressure was high since it's their first time in a leading role. I also remember loving (and kept having to adjust myself) when I watch the drama and the BTS because Hye Yoon and Rowoon are just so different on and off screen. It was entertaining. EY is probably the only kdrama thus far that I may have watched all of the BTS (from MBC and Wavve).

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I thought @Tofu adopted Rowoon from this or I'm making things up

She never declared Rowoon Oppa so I'd say you've made it up. :lol:

@Tofu Is Kim Min Jae your Oppa-ya now?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5

I also think having the same values and eating habits are important too because I was tricked into the trip by them having telling me money is not an issue but by the time we paid the plane tickets, money becomes an issue. Same for food, we shouldn't have to go separate ways for meals.

Yes! I agreed! I traveled with someone who was extremely picky when it comes to eating. Since, I didn't care, I went along with her choices but after the third day of eating the same type of food, I was over it. Your friend who only wanted to eat ramen, it's such a full meal with lots of sodium. I don't know if I would be able to eat that everyday. Haha! Money is important too because it might restrict you from doing the things you want to especially if your friend doesn't want to do things separately. I think it's important to travel with someone whose personality matches yours. I'm an introvert and my friend and her husband are extroverts. We traveled to Las Vegas together for our friend's birthday and because they wanted to get married. They were so talkative and her husband has bad social boundaries (would do and say things inappropriately in public) that I was so drained by being with them. I needed a vacation from this vacation afterwards. Haha!

I don't know how those pro Giffers churn it out so quick.

Agreed! I have no idea how they do it so quickly too. I usually have to cut the clips I want before I can even start creating the gifs. By the time I finish one, all the pros have already created 10. Haha! 

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Before that I was like oh Jasper Liu haha... I wonder why he's so famous

I cannot believe that was the drama that got you into Jasper. :laugh:

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I thought @Tofu adopted Rowoon from this or I'm making things up

Not yet. Hahahaha! This is my first Rowoon-lead drama that I'm watching. I am being sway by the second lead a lot, so he has not been adopted. I do love making gifs of him because his facial expressions are great and worth capturing. Haha!

@mademoiselle Yes!! I've always liked Kim Min Jae and his acting but he's always been in this 'oppa but not really' tier for me. Moo Hak has definitely ignited my love. I told Tea and Abs, that Moo Hak is my favorite Korean male lead so far (at least in the second half of 2021).

2 hours ago, JenL said:

So. In conclusion, Rowoon has to pick a project with no second leads so I don't get distracted 

That is very true. I never watched EY, but it's hard to look pass LJW. And Nam Yoon Su is adorable as Hyun. We will have to see if Rowoon can capture my heart by the end of the series. He still has seven more weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I didn't know much of him before but I'm glad he is our Rain God. I can't picture someone else in this role anymore. Reminds me a little bit of Greg Hsu, right? Didn't know much about him but after Some Day or One Day, you can't imagine anyone else but him in that role. 

Omg yesssss.... @Tofu Your gifs are always so pretty :heart: I didn't know too much about Paul Fu either...but I recently discovered that he was actually in a film with Alice like a year or two before they did this drama...Going to find that film to watch. Alice looks cute in it!

Yep, this casting team likes to pick an unknown underdog actor for main lead! It feels like he's similar to Greg Hsu...like they've both been around awhile, but just weren't given the spotlight till now :wow:

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Is he already up to that level? I guess, I can't blame you, he is very dashing. :heart:

Yep..turns out to reach VIP tier, all you have to do is look gloomy in the rain and make sad longing expressions and I will have no self control :idk:

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I feel like that's the case for almost every drama out there or something. Everything is so hush hush. The drama airing after Lovers of the Red Sky doesn't have much promotion and it's supposed to air next week...

Really?! Wonder if they're trying to be cautious or just give more surprises with storylines. What's showing after Lovers of the Red Sky?  :thinking:

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Don't watch Search WWW if it's going to ruin your favorite couple. No need to put yourself through that kind of heartache just for LJW. Haha!

Hahaha :laugh: Give me like 5 years or so :lol:

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm not sure what this is in reference to but I agreed. I tend to be really flexible and laid back whenever I travel but sometimes the people I travel with are not.

Totally agree! Holidays are to rest up and not sweat the small stuff!...I find it hard if someone is like super uptight with time and money. Like we have to go from point A to point B in x minutes and we have to walk to save money...but they're so impatient so we can't leave too early because they don't want to get there too early and wait. That sort of behaviour drives me mad...  :HaunterOK:

• Like 4

Don't worry @mademoiselle Team Rowoon reporting here...ahahah I have also seen all his shows (except EY ) and I adopted him in Sunbae. But in TKA, I can see his acting skills have gone up. 

@Tofu  I agree with you , Mu Hak one of the best MLs this year.  I think all of us who watch D&G , can safely say so. 

This month I don't think I have new adoptees....because all I can see is Kim Jae Young. 

Character in the show not so good ...but he's just hot. :lmao2:

FChGQbVVUAgMZhh?format=jpg&name=medium

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

18 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Yes! I agreed! I traveled with someone who was extremely picky when it comes to eating. Since, I didn't care, I went along with her choices but after the third day of eating the same type of food, I was over it. Your friend who only wanted to eat ramen, it's such a full meal with lots of sodium. I don't know if I would be able to eat that everyday. Haha! Money is important too because it might restrict you from doing the things you want to especially if your friend doesn't want to do things separately. I think it's important to travel with someone whose personality matches yours. I'm an introvert and my friend and her husband are extroverts. We traveled to Las Vegas together for our friend's birthday and because they wanted to get married. They were so talkative and her husband has bad social boundaries (would do and say things inappropriately in public) that I was so drained by being with them. I needed a vacation from this vacation afterwards. Haha!

We didn't eat only ramen every meal but I sure don't want to have ramen 12 times+ in 2 weeks. We had ramen 3 times and 2 out of 3 I didn't like it because one was very heavy in flavour, the other was salty. I was glad I went off to Shibuya alone and found a stand-up sushi counter and had a great time myself having fresh sashimi. I so loved that experience of the fresh fish.

Oh dear, I can imagine just how mentally exhausted you are with her hubby! You definitely needed your Me time!

12 minutes ago, JenL said:

Totally agree! Holidays are to rest up and not sweat the small stuff!...I find it hard if someone is like super uptight with time and money. Like we have to go from point A to point B in x minutes and we have to walk to save money...but they're so impatient so we can't leave too early because they don't want to get there too early and wait. That sort of behaviour drives me mad.

I agree on being uptight with money bit. It's OK to spend a little more if we can save time. I also had to walk from point A to B for because they didn't want to spend money on MRT.

29 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Not yet. Hahahaha! This is my first Rowoon-lead drama that I'm watching. I am being sway by the second lead a lot, so he has not been adopted. I do love making gifs of him because his facial expressions are great and worth capturing. Haha!

You guys are so difficult 7dwYVf1.gif I hope I will hear good news soon...

30 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Yes!! I've always liked Kim Min Jae and his acting but he's always been in this 'oppa but not really' tier for me. Moo Hak has definitely ignited my love. I told Tea and Abs, that Moo Hak is my favorite Korean male lead so far (at least in the second half of 2021).

Hahaha was it from Dr. Romantic period? He was cute there. I adopted him early (seeing potential) but it was not until Brahms that he secure a "better" position, LOL! I'm a sucker for a guy who can play piano / musical instrument.

23 minutes ago, JenL said:

Yep..turns out to reach VIP tier, all you have to do is look gloomy in the rain and make sad longing expressions and I will have no self control 

📝 I'll send a memo to Rowoon! But hey, he was wet in the rain and broody here too!

7-2.gif

But for me, it was scene like this that he flutters my heart (and Dan-Oh)

1.gif

iPGVWak.gif

Is Kim Jae Young's character likeable in Reflection of You or he's a terrible cheater/jerk @abs-oluteM?

• Haha 4
19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

s Kim Jae Young's character likeable in Reflection of You or he's a terrible cheater/jerk @abs-oluteM?

Hmmm no one in the show is likeable...they are all a little off. Has spoilers:

Spoiler

It is a crazy revenge melodrama. From what I can tell he actually loved the older woman & wanted a life with her. He did leave the younger one but I guess the latter cannot move on. And the older woman didn't want to give up her good life. The story telling on this one is good though. They reveal these bits & pieces to you over the episodes giving you an aha moment each time. KJY was in a coma at first, now he is up and so his screen time is much more. 

KJY always plays these dark & troubled roles ( with the exception of that webdrama Dear My Room)

He is the only oppa of mine that I watch a KBS weekender for . Live & with subs (6 mths straight)  So you can imagine he is like "god" tier oppa.  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Waaaaah God-like tier! Isn't that higher than Lee Joon Hyuk and KSH?

Ya somewhat...but compared to LJH and KSH, he is a later adoption. [ I will just rank them all the same as I will feel bad loving one more  than the other ! :lmao2:]  I love LJH & KSH since 2017. I adopted this one in 2018 during 100 Days Husband. People were torn between D.O and Mr Dimples but I was just waiting for his scenes. Third lead syndrome?? :hug: 

• Haha 4

@abs-oluteM OMG, he's Nam Ji Hyun's brother I just realised now! Hahahaha. I actually wasn't very invested in 100 Days My Prince but overall was a decent watch. He has very little screen time in this. I even remember Han So Hee (D.O's wife) better in this drama.

Speaking about supporting roles, when I watched Gu Family Book, I didn't realise YYS was in there. :lmao2: And all of a sudden because of R94 he got famous. Like RJY with R88, no one noticed him before this. He was in Producer with KSH as one of the newbies at KBS back then.

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Let's see if this Rain God can cure my addiction to RJY @JenL

Oh no, I think I've set the expectation high! :laugh: Let's see what you think. 

But yeah, I'm sooooo charmed. I think he looks good with Joanne visually.

YbgmxrD.jpg

10 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I need someone like RJY to lead. Cos I always got lost . If I travel with @JenL's LJH, I might not coming back alive 😆 And medium group size like 4-5 people are quite fun. 

Hahaha I feel like RJY and I have similar travel style...will ditch friends for photos...also good sense of direction :laugh: I'm not good at reading maps, but don't often need to due to good general sense of direction. It's helpful when wifi stuffs up or phone batteries run out or walking in the dark...the trick is to 'breadcrumb' like in Hansel and Gretel story (pick small interesting things to remember when you walk). So when I walk back, it's easy because I know I passed a statue of a mermaid in a fountain and a bus stop with a crooked pole or something like that. :CharmanderYay:

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Travel mates constantly on the go because they want to get/see everything they put on the schedule.

Packed schedule person can be me, depending on the country...I get over excited in places like Europe and Japan where there's soooooo much to do...but I'll never force my travel friends into it, so we'll just split up if that's the case and meet up for dinner! :GengarAww: 

Also if I want to do this, I can travel solo too :MewHi:

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I was tricked into the trip by them having telling me money is not an issue but by the time we paid the plane tickets, money becomes an issue. Same for food, we shouldn't have to go separate ways for meals.

Oh noooo....yeah travelling with someone who has a super tight budget can be hard for a trip. I like splitting up, but I think it's always fun to eat with friends so you can catch up (provided the friend is not a boring eater.) :yayaya:

9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Just You is an easy to watch drama, but towards the end quite draggy and boring.  Jasper x Puff pair in BWGM of course have more electricity than Just You! Actually BWGM is the most creative Taiwan drama I watched to date. Because it didn't follow the normal cliche common formula. 

Before that I was like oh Jasper Liu haha... I wonder why he's so famous 😆 

Glad to know I didn't miss much with Just You :laugh: 

I'm just happy that years later they decided to pair Puff and Jasper together again and people finally understood the beautiful chemistry I had already noticed back in 2014 :lol:

I agree with @Tofu...your love for Jasper was based on his most unJasper like character...but I guess it was his good acting (domineering seductive ways) that hooked you in :smile:

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

That's great for you! Was your friend a decisive shopper? I find that important now after my last trip. My foot couldn't handle all the standing, waiting for the travel mate to decide on "should I or should I not buy?". I kept telling her we're all the way here already, get what you want so you won't regret later. We went solo after the second week in the trip. I needed my Me time and go at my own pace. 

Nah, my friend wanted to shop most days (In Japan) and I wanted to do more sightseeing/activity things like visit Disneyland or take photos/ eat street food at temples so we went our seperate ways on days like that, but we always kept in touch via group chat and would meet for lunch and dinner...Other people might think it's weird, but that's why we travelled well together :laugh: Because later over drinks, she could show me all her purchases she carefully selected and I could show her my Disney merch and photos at the temple and we both did the things we wanted and could recommend things to each other. Someone told me it's weird to go to theme parks by yourself....but I had a really great time! :MewWave:

But we also spent many days doing things together too - we had planned trips and activities where we knew we both wanted to go the same place and do things (eg. visitng deer in Nara or doing day trip to Mt Fuji). :heart:

She wanted to try out all 12 types of ramen introduced by a blogger and I was like, "No. I did not come all the way to Japan to eat only ramen. I want fresh sashimi (which she refuses to try) or try other new menu." Other than Ichiran ramen, I'm actually not a fan of the intense flavour of ramen broth.

Hahahaha 12 types of ramen is really intense :laugh: Even though I love ramen. But some of those restaurants also require you to go there early or to take timed tickets, so I don't think I'd want to fo all of them due to there being a lot of waiting around. But I salute your friend for having the stamina to do this. Did she really end up trying them all???

But in EY, he was like the ML coming out from my childhood manga; I was ♥o♥. A friend and I both loved it most when Haru is all mysterious and quiet.  After he opened his mouth, it was like *imaginary shatters*

Hahaha, yes, he literally looked like a comic book character! I did think he was mysterious and beautiful when he didn't speak...But I don't remember his voice? :thinking: 

That's not possible. But heyyyy, you can pick up Sunbae then coz you definitely won't get SLS!

Is this because the second male lead is annoying? Haha this is also on my one-day-future watch list. :yayaya:

I also remember loving (and kept having to adjust myself) when I watch the drama and the BTS because Hye Yoon and Rowoon are just so different on and off screen

It's funny you mention this because years ago when I first watched dramas,  I use to never watch the behind the scenes because it shattered the illusion of the characters...but then I completely changed and now sometimes it's better than watching the dramas :laugh: 

I love when you see them in and out of character and supporting each other...sometimes if they make fun of their characters being cheesy, it's real charming. :BulbaOWO:

Here here @JenL I present a good-looking (in fashion) Nam Yoon Su. Hahahaha

Ahhh Thank you :heart::heart::heart: You've wiped away the bad fashion memories.

Hahahahaha I think she still likes Haru but she definitely also like LJW.

This is me, the other way around :lol:

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

I feel like that's the case for almost every drama out there or something. Everything is so hush hush. The drama airing after Lovers of the Red Sky doesn't have much promotion and it's supposed to air next week..

Is this Woo Shik's drama? I think it is slated for December. NamuWiki puts it as Dec.

2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Oh I'm back to dramaless again. Sigh... so sad. I'll just watch RJY movie then. 

Which movies have you seen other than Little Forest and Money?

Believer? Is it good?

One Way Trip I didn't like and not much of him.

Have you done Hit & Run Squad?

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Which movies have you seen other than Little Forest and Money?

Believer? Is it good?

One Way Trip I didn't like and not much of him.

Have you done Hit & Run Squad?

Believer is good. It's pretty interesting. The lead detective is Signal Choi Jin Woong. RJY played as a small drug dealer who will work with him to ambush the main boss. 

My favourite still Money tho. A lot of RJY exposure and the story moving fast. 

Hit & Run Squad very bland in my opinion. He didn't really shine there. Which is rare. Actually both GHJ and JJS also not so stellar there. 

I'll watch The Battle & Taxi Driver next. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JenL said:

Packed schedule person can be me, depending on the country...I get over excited in places like Europe and Japan where there's soooooo much to do...but I'll never force my travel friends into it, so we'll just split up if that's the case and meet up for dinner!

LOL, I actually did a packed schedule when my sister + family visited but that's only because she told me she wanted to do this and that. Now that I think back to it, I was grumpy because they were not going by the schedule. I feel bad. But we have good meals. This bit my sister and I match. Hahahaha.

There's too much to do and see in Japan. I did Disney Sea and Disneyland as well as Universal Studio the last trip. LOL. Disneyland was for because I couldn't stay back to see the projection bit thanks to travel mate cracking the shit wanting to go home. So this trip I made sure I stayed until the end. I regretted not buying the USJ's dinosaur headband. At the time I thought when will I wear it again and it cost 1000 yen. Now I want one for myself and another for a friend who loves Jurassic Park! We could totally wear it to the cinema in future! Too many things I want to buy, not enough strength to carry it all back myself.

21 minutes ago, JenL said:

Oh noooo....yeah travelling with someone who has a super tight budget can be hard for a trip. I like splitting up, but I think it's always fun to eat with friends so you can catch up (provided the friend is not a boring eater.)

I'm not a big eater so it'd be nice to be able to share and we can order more varieties. So this is definitely the "cons" if travelling solo.

22 minutes ago, JenL said:

But we also spent many days doing things together too - we had planned trips and activities where we knew we both wanted to go the same place and do things (eg. visitng deer in Nara or doing day trip to Mt Fuji).

Yes, I think it'd be ideal to do some stuff solo and then do some stuff together. With Japan, I don't mind going solo most of the time coz I like walking through the streets at my own pace and just look around and enjoy the view. Last travel mate was walking so fast I couldn't keep up and I had no idea why she was rushing so much when we're on vacation.

Ohhh last trip to Nara was fun. Took travel mate there actually since she's never been, but personally had a blast feeding the deers myself. I bought some cute souvenirs too which I didn't on 1st trip! They had like something special on so there's this cute deer souvenirs on sale.

28 minutes ago, JenL said:

Did she really end up trying them all???

She had a few more on her own solo adventure but not all 12.

29 minutes ago, JenL said:

But I don't remember his voice?

RW has a husky voice.

30 minutes ago, JenL said:

Is this because the second male lead is annoying? Haha this is also on my one-day-future watch list.

He was not a likeable character (without giving out spoiler). But lol, off-screen RW and him are buddy buddy as well now.

32 minutes ago, JenL said:

It's funny you mention this because years ago when I first watched dramas,  I use to never watch the behind the scenes because it shattered the illusion of the characters...but then I completely changed and now sometimes it's better than watching the dramas :laugh: 

I love when you see them in and out of character and supporting each other...sometimes if they make fun of their characters being cheesy, it's real charming.

As a whole, EY main casts have good rapport. ^ ^

I enjoyed watching them goofing around and them teasing Hye Yoon and Hye Yoon beating up them both. I even watched a BTS of Hye Yoon's upcoming drama just to see if it is her habit or it's Rowoon :lmao2: She only hit Taecyeon once in that BTS! I think it's because Taecyeon is sunbae after all :laugh:

12 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Believer is good. It's pretty interesting. The lead detective is Signal Choi Jin Woong. RJY played as a small drug dealer who will work with him to ambush the main boss. 

My favourite still Money tho. A lot of RJY exposure and the story moving fast. 

Hit & Run Squad very bland in my opinion. He didn't really shine there. Which is rare. Actually both GHJ and JJS also not so stellar there. 

I'll watch The Battle & Taxi Driver next. 

Ok, I'll check out Believer when I find the mood.

Money indeed was not bad, I just can't remember the details well anymore.

Hit & Run I just remember I liked his character a lot vs GHJ and JJS. I didn't like JJS's acting there at all. So exaggerated. Him in EXIT was much better.

Waaaah The Battle too? I see war poster, I am already turned off. xDDD That will take a lot of love to pick up, which is why I haven't watched LJH's Anarchist from Colony. Same for Taxi Driver, it's too political. xDDD That said, I had no idea why I watched Gong Yoo's Age of Shadow. Must be because I love him after Goblin...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

That said, I had no idea why I watched Gong Yoo's Age of Shadow. Must be because I love him after Goblin...

I just told @TofuI normally don't spend $$$ for oppas, but I did watched Age of Shadow in cinemas lols... He was kind of an oppa back then. But not so much now, cos never even see him much nowadays. Goblin, Coffee Prince and Silenced all quite impressive. I'll pass Train to Busan, somehow I can't bare all those zombie. 

26 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Waaaah The Battle too? I see war poster, I am already turned off. 

Hahaha IKR! Not really into war stuff, but I occasionally do this for favourite oppa. Having said that, already few minutes into the movie and haven't seen him LOLS. @bairama🥲 edit - found him, his first scene he shoot people. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Really?! Wonder if they're trying to be cautious or just give more surprises with storylines. What's showing after Lovers of the Red Sky?

It's the drama with Choi Woo Shik and Kim Dami, but @mademoiselle said it won't air until December. :cry: It's been a long time since Woo Shik has been in dramaland so I'm looking forward to this drama. 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

So you can imagine he is like "god" tier oppa.  

GOD TIERRRRR?! :shocked2:

Even PSJ is not god tier for me. :laugh:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

People were torn between D.O and Mr Dimples but I was just waiting for his scenes. Third lead syndrome??

ME TOO!! :lmao2: He was probably on screen for a combined total of 20 minutes or so but he won so many hearts. :heart:

14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm not a big eater so it'd be nice to be able to share and we can order more varieties. So this is definitely the "cons" if travelling solo.

Agreed! When you do go with travel mates who are adventurous with their foods, it's good to order different kinds and try them. That's how I ended up eating insects in Thailand. :psweatduck:

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Tofu said:

That's how I ended up eating insects in Thailand. 

What type? Dead?

I had fried bees in China. Ants in fine dining here.

13 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahaha IKR! Not really into war stuff, but I occasionally do this for favourite oppa. Having said that, already few minutes into the movie and haven't seen him LOLS.

Yes I do too. I remember watching (also called) The Battle by JIS & NJH. It was good actually.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2