I shall try to play @Tofu's game, with the caveat that only Hyun Bin is oppa, anyone else I mention is a "person of interest".

D1 - First oppa I liked this year

Hyun Bin, naturally 😍

Woke up to Jan 1 with BinJin confirmation news. How much better can it get?

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha I thought people loved Lovers of the Red Sky and it had a happy ending , but my friend also disliked the ending. Please spoil...what made you dislike it? I don't plan to watch but I'm curious!

The first half is really good - you can try if you have time. I liked it although the ending was not ideal.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate you are still watching, right? Can you update us on Jirisan, please?

Yes, I like it. I feel the pace is like Kingdom and Signal - it's not super fast or full of adrenaline (zombies aside), but the mystery is systematically being revealed and things make sense. The only thing is I feel Jun Ji Hyun doesn't do so well when she needs to be serious. Much like Song Hye Kyo in NWBU, both just stare with no expression. Sadly, doesn't look like anyone will be winning any acting awards too although it is a stellar cast. Somehow, the script doesn't seem to require exceptional acting/expressions - or it's just me.

I'll be back with summary on the story another day.

Oops... were we supposed to only do one Oppa homework per day? 😅😅😅

Yes! The game is supposed to last 25 days till Christmas lol. Now, what will you play the next 24 days? 😂😂😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@bairama I think you're just in denial like Choco. If you were posting Dilreba and YY's pics together, then it'd be more convincing that it's a package deal but you're swooning at his pictures alone and is even more updated about him than us (or me), that just means he's Oppa at a top tier level :laugh:. Think @Tofu you should do a quiz thing, if she satisfies some criteria, it means it's top VIP tier level. Hahaha.

how can I'm not updated, my full focus rn is on the ship and you know how ship is working, you carefully look into their life really closer to find the dots :MewWave:

I think only @SilverMoonTea can understand my state rn 😭😭

• Haha 7

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Story-telling was very bad. Mystical characters introduced into the drama but the show never bothered to explain what/who they are. Ahn Hyo Seop has an alter ego and a revenge planned from many years ago but the show never tell us how a blind man was able to assemble followers etc. His revenge basically went down the drain just from the King telling him it wasn't the Royal family who was responsible for his father's death, it was the evil demon in him possessed him and "he" killed his own father. And he believed the King, JUST LIKE THAT, after all these years of firm belief the King or King's father was responsible.

Ah thank you for the spoilers. I was too lazy to look up, but just curious about why it was bad since my friend didn't really explain it well except to say it felt like it didn't make sense. :lol:

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Did you watch Jirisan too? @Chocolate you are still watching, right? Can you update us on Jirisan, please?

I dropped it awhile ago. I can barely catch up on my 4 series and I kept falling asleep while watching it, so decided that I'll let it be....but feel free to spoil it for me @Chocolate if you're still watching and when it's done. :CharmanderOK:

Oops... were we supposed to only do one Oppa homework per day? 😅😅😅

Hahahahaha I just realised this too. It's too late  :laugh:

• Haha 7

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 minutes ago, JenL said:

Ah thank you for the spoilers. I was too lazy to look up, but just curious about why it was bad since my friend didn't really explain it well except to say it felt like it didn't make sense.

She's not wrong. In summary, it really doesn't make sense :lol:

3 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahahahaha I just realised this too. It's too late

Hahaha I've removed them and will just copy & paste one each day xD

Who knows my answer will change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
29 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Yes! The game is supposed to last 25 days till Christmas lol. Now, what will you play the next 24 days? 😂😂😂

25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

:CubShy: I'm too diligent... well, Tofu isn't awake yet so maybe I could destroy evidence ...

13 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

What @JenLalrd finish @Tofu's homework :laugh:

Can you tell I was a good student?  Hermione-level of diligence towards my homework, especially when Oppa related :lenny:

15 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw this Tofu make me rich, you want any badge babe? :lmao2:

Hahahaha Tofu is your cash cow (or cat) :MeowthM:

Also @Tofu - didn't realise there was a Rainless in a Godless Land behind the scenes for that ep :laugh: 

Paul Fu is doing the obligatory push ups before the scene :lenny: But poor guy just wants his bubble tea. He mentioned at the end of the video they filmed 2 nights in a row and they wouldn't let him get his bubble tea and he felt sad :lol:

I loooooove him :heart:

7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I've removed them and will just copy & paste one each day xD

Who knows my answer will change.

Actually easy for me too. I'll remove my picture and repost on the last day of December :eeeee:

• Haha 7

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

You ladies are so funny. :lmao2::lmao2:

I am curious to find out what answers you put down before you deleted them, @mademoiselle @JenL! It's also absolutely ok to answer all of them at once too!!

I pinned the post with the chart on top so you can reference back, if needed. 

It's day two, so the prompt is: A PHOTO OF YOUR OPPA!! :wow:

I feel like it's only right if I post my current favorite. :laugh: 

Jun-06.gif

@mademoiselle WAIT?! You haven't adopted him before this year?! :shocked2:

@Chocolate But who was the one who momentarily made you forget about your one true love, even if it was for a millisecond? Taec? :smug:

@SilverMoonTea Oh how the tides have turned. I forgot you were so in love with him (your Japanese actor) at one point. :lmao2:

@JenL YAYYYYYYYYYY!! Hwang In Yeop. :wow: I hope we see him more in 2022. He should be done filming his drama with JCW and will probably start his other one soon? AND PAUL FUUUU! It's almost customary now for someone to work out right before they shoot a shirtless scene. :laugh:

@abs-oluteM She Would Never Know again? LOL!! 

Edit: @Chocolate, Hyun Bin's photoshoot for W in 2014 is one of my favorite of his, especially this photo: 

jS1cB3G.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

D-2...since his drama is ending and I feel bad that folks sometimes cannot differentiate character and actor, I should post this ...

@ktcjdrama join us for this oppa review challenge. 

https://janghaven.com/topic/544-oppa-tracker-2021/?do=findComment&comment=77073

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

DAY 2 ~ Sorry Jasper, sorry Lee Jae Wook....The picture rights go to Paul Fu because he's my favourite at the moment....not just because he's pretty but he sounds like such a nice person. Joanne Tseng (hs current co-star) said that when she had her birthday, he surprised her by ordering her favourite foods and drinks to set and he even made her a card with 'Godly blessings' since he plays a God in the show. He had to get it printed at night from the local 7-11 in Taiwan. The dedication :laugh::heart:

I'm not huge on facial hair, but this is a strong crush and somehow I feel like he's pulling this off...

k6NnI3T.jpg

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

40 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

D-2...since his drama is ending and I feel bad that folks sometimes cannot differentiate character and actor, I should post this ...

Yup! I feel like I can't tag him in anything on Twitter because people are so toxic towards him and not the character he plays. :PikachuFacePalm:

33 minutes ago, JenL said:

Sorry Jasper, sorry Lee Jae Wook....The picture rights go to Paul Fu because he's my favourite at the moment

I think I spent a good amount of time going back and forth between Lee Jae Wook, Chae Jong Hyeop, and Jun. I ultimately went with my current favorite too. Look at us dismissing LJW on his acting anniversary day. :psweatduck:

The facial hair does not look bad on Paul Fu. And he's so cute to do all of that. I love the bond between Taiwanese actors. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@LaLaI plan to finish Unexpected Business, I left with 2 eps last time. With Jo Bo Ah as a guest. 

I forget to tell you. I told you I would watch Unexpected Business after Vincenzo ended. Yes I watched it until episode 3 (because Park Bo Young in it) and gave up 😅 Duration per episode is so long. I just realized I never finish watching Youn's Kitchen and Youn's Stay too :pandaheadstomp:

• Haha 8
1 hour ago, JenL said:

DAY 2 ~ Sorry Jasper, sorry Lee Jae Wook....The picture rights go to Paul Fu because he's my favourite at the moment....

51 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I think I spent a good amount of time going back and forth between Lee Jae Wook, Chae Jong Hyeop, and Jun. I ultimately went with my current favorite too.

This is a problem @ssteph and I will never have... 🤣

• Haha 8

December is going to be a busy month!! I'm slacking with my oppa tracking because there are too many dramas and too little time  :pandaheadstomp: Will try to catch up and update as much as I can, and join the event. 

@abs-oluteM @Tofu We need to write some kind of tribute for the amazing acting by KJY, so that people can be reminded it's only the acting!!

Edit: I just browsed through the homework list, and it's hard work... :nervous: Do I really have to do it? It requires thinking... :laugh: My mind is going into resting mode towards the end of the year...

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@abs-oluteM @Tofu We need to write some kind of tribute for the amazing acting by KJY, so that people can be reminded it's only the acting!!

I plan to in the drama thread after tonight's finale. He took a gamble playing a character like this, but I am glad he did. His acting chops on display. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle WAIT?! You haven't adopted him before this year?!

Sorry, who? If it is Lee Jun Ho then yes, I haven't adopted him yet.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

This is a problem @ssteph and I will never have... 🤣

Never says NEVER. :smug:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I plan to in the drama thread after tonight's finale. He took a gamble playing a character like this, but I am glad he did. His acting chops on display. 

Although not a lovable character but do you think his acting was good enough to be rewarded with an acting award?

6 minutes ago, ssteph said:

@Chocolate  this 2021 oppa wrap-up would be 2021 Hyun Bin oppa wrap-up for you 😁 

You can do the same for Song Joong Ki!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Although not a lovable character but do you think his acting was good enough to be rewarded with an acting award?

Not enough - partly because the ratings on this one is not high and not enough buzz.  He spent a large chunk of the drama lost and confused, and the last few episodes crazy and obsessed. But I will give him my own award! :laugh:

• Haha 6