1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

Then your love will end when the drama ends... 

As much as I like Baek Yi Jin, it's not enough for me to adopt Nam Joo Hyuk. I think I've only seen two dramas of his (because Moon Lovers doesn't exist to me hahaha!). 

Any oppas' dramas coming up that you are excited for? April has so many new dramas! :BulbaConfused:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

As much as I like Baek Yi Jin, it's not enough for me to adopt Nam Joo Hyuk. I think I've only seen two dramas of his (because Moon Lovers doesn't exist to me hahaha!). 

Bahahaha he was already adopted when I watched his debut drama School 2015.

Moon Lovers? What's that? This show does not exist in kdrama history. Sorry.:lmao2:

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Any oppas' dramas coming up that you are excited for? April has so many new dramas!

I haven't been keeping track of upcoming dramas airing in April but I guess the only one I can name off the top of my head is you-very-well-know-who. LOL!

1 hour ago, ssteph said:

Easy for you. SJK and JHI! LMH was ex right? xD

My love for all these older Oppa not so strong at the moment :lmao2:

Maybe I can offer Bottom Five instead :lmao2:

• Haha 6
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

But what happens when you fall for the character but not the "oppa"? :lmao2:but

This is actually me in The Red Sleeve. I really love San but I can't say that I have adopted Lee Jun Ho.

Happy birthday to two of my oppa loves...Lee Joon Hyuk and Kim Nam Gil. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I think I can only safely choose 3 from the pic that @ssteph posted whom I will watch any drama in (at least in the last few years) . Seo Kang Joon, Lee Dong Wook and Song Joong Ki.  :duckhearts:

But I do like watching Nam Joo Hyuk, Lee Jong Suk , So Ji Sub shows. I used to adore Ji Chang Wook but his drama choices of late have been questionable :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

I've been not worshipping oppa recently haha.... Been too tired to pick up any to adoption list lols... I've been on my 2nd cup of coffee today :nervous:

Oppa that prospective : Lee Ji Hoon, Ahn Hyo Seop, Ahn Boo Hyun (the weakest oppa, not sure if I will adopt him). 

I really like LJH in Sponsor, but they do him dirty, he has so little air screen time :cry:

sponsor-1.jpg

• Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea I would think you might also adopt Kim Min Jae along the way since you are watching Dr. Romantic 2 and think he's cute? LOLLLL

Hahahah oh yes I forgot lols... 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM True. My love for Lee Jun Ho isn't deep at all. Love him as San but after that I barely look at his photos even though I follow one of his weibo fan accounts. xD

My sister non stop feed me with Junho information 🤣 She try to ask me to watch his movie as well, but I'm not interested lols.... It's like I'm overloaded Junho at the moment already 😅

• Haha 6

On 2/22/2022 at 7:04 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL @Tofu @mademoiselle Does HIY need a younger version ? LOL...this guy doesn't look any younger than  HIY who looks pretty young to me though I know he's not that young age wise. 

It's been ages since I visited this thread. Not sure why! But I was also surprised about him needing a younger version. The guy looks young enough! But maybe it's because they'll age him up? :thinking:

On 2/25/2022 at 7:34 PM, ssteph said:

Anyone here has ideas/suggestions for classifying fans based on oppa tier? 

Can we call fans with oppa in Significant Tier as casual fans? Fans with oppa in VIP Tier is diehard fans?

Hahaha you can translate the tiers however you like my friend. I just need a hierachy for my love to explain why one Oppa will always be important, whereas some will fade but then suddenly be important and then fade again. Hahaha :smile:

On 2/25/2022 at 8:22 PM, mademoiselle said:

@ssteph Are you trying to classify yourself for SJK and JHI? :lmao2: I thought those really dedicated ones (and fiercely defend their bias) calls themselves a "stan" rather than a fan?

I wouldn't call myself a diehard fan or stan for any Oppa, regardless of whatever tiers they are because I don't know how loyal I can be. Maybe I can call myself a Big Heart fan. Hahahaha! I'd call @SilverMoonTea a fickle-minded fan coz she change Oppa so quickly. @Chocolate is a Denial fan :lmao2: coz she keeps denying she's straying from Hyun Bin :laugh:

@abs-oluteM is a big heart fan too but she's more loyal than I do. HAHAHA. @Tofu What do you think you are?

Hahaha don't be a stan! I feel like those are scary.

I like to think of myself as healthy obessesive fan :laugh:

On 2/25/2022 at 11:50 PM, ssteph said:

I like to observe fans on SNS 🤫😅 Googling "stan vs fan". Stan is extremely loyal and obsessed fan. Fan is an admirer or aficionado.

The term 'stan' came from the Eminem song 'Stan' about a crazy fictional fan who writes letters to his favourite singer (Eminem). But when Eminem doesn't reply to him, he writes a crazy letter and then kidnaps his own girlfriend and drives their car off a cliff. The song ends with Eminem replying to him, but it's too late because the fan is dead. That's why the term Stan creeps me out...it's like an unhealthy toxic fan :nervous: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea I would think you might also adopt Kim Min Jae along the way since you are watching Dr. Romantic 2 and think he's cute? LOLLLL

Oh @SilverMoonTea did you not like Kim Min Jae before this? Wasn't he adopted in Brahm days? But Lee Ji Hoon is quite an interesting choice for you , Tea. ahahahah 

I miss KMJ ....anyway we will get to see him soon, or at least this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

On 2/26/2022 at 12:07 AM, mademoiselle said:

Yes. We love many Oppa and continue to like/love them. Though you adopt Oppa slower than me. Hahaha. That said, first 2 months have passed, I also haven't adopted any new ones.

No new Oppas yet still? :popcorn:

On 2/28/2022 at 3:32 AM, Tofu said:

But my heart capacity is just a lot smaller than @SilverMoonTea's. :lmao2:

I think everyon'e heart capacity is smaller than Tea's :laugh:

On 3/1/2022 at 11:48 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

I've been a bit MIA in oppa tracker lols. Not much new oppa and didn't watch too many dramas as well recently.

Hahaha perhaps we're all running out of Oppas to adopt? . :lol:

Nam Joo Hyuk moved to Significant Tier since I keep retweeting 2521 things and I love Baek Yi Jin. But I don't have much of an interest to like download NJH pictures or anything. :idk: And I think I've watched a fair number of his projects, but probably not going to watch the ones I haven't seen for a reason (eg. Cheese in a Trap)

I did get excited to see a rumour about him and Lee Sung Kyung maybe not broken up though...maybe this will be next year's new year couple @mademoiselle (now that I know this is a yearly thing!). Apparently they've been wearing a lot of the same clothes over the years, which is a bit strange. Also a few instances of shots with a guy wearing a cap hanging near or with LSK that kind of looked like NJH... :heart: I'm not shipping, but hey if the Weightlifting couple turn out to be real, I'd be happy.

On 3/4/2022 at 6:49 PM, abs-oluteM said:

. And has an amazing voice - wish they'd not dubbed his voice in some of the shows.

Dubbing sucks! Every time they've dubbed a Jasper project it's almost instantly killed my interest! :niu:

On 3/13/2022 at 3:25 AM, Tofu said:

Can oppa adoption also be a fictional character? :thinking:

I absolutely adore Baek Yi Jin, but I'm not sure if I feel the same about Nam Joo Hyuk. 😅😅

Hahahaha this is a weird concept, but I kind of understand. I do like Nam Joo Hyuk and will almost always try a project I see him in, but I'm not deeply into him either. My love spikes for certain characters of his, especially when he's like a casual college boyfriend. He seems to pull those roles off really well...but don't know about other roles like water gods.:idk:

Also, have you seen Josee? I'm going to spoil it to make a point about 2521, so skip if you don't want spoilers, but it's a film where he falls in love with a girl with a disability. But in the end, it doesn't work for some reason (they do a time jump and never tell you the reason though it's foreshadowed that it would be hard), and then they go their seperates ways and he marries someone else though he thinks of her and sees her in another car one day...I wonder if 2521 will be as sad as Josee was...because if they do that with Baek Yi Jin I will be sad!!! :letalQQ:

On 3/13/2022 at 3:12 PM, mademoiselle said:

Oppa adoption is built on the basis that we fell for the character our Oppa plays. 😆

On 3/13/2022 at 3:16 PM, Tofu said:

But what happens when you fall for the character but not the "oppa"? 

On 3/13/2022 at 3:19 PM, mademoiselle said:

:pandathink: Then your love will end when the drama ends... :lmao2:

Hahaha, I think this is just what happens to the Oppas I stick in the eyecandy tier. I think they're pretty proably because I like the look and styling and personality of the character...but after the drama ends, they just drift around somewhere and I don't pay them any attention until they pick up another role I love. :popcorn::smile:

On 3/13/2022 at 6:20 PM, ssteph said:

On 3/13/2022 at 8:12 PM, mademoiselle said:

My love for all these older Oppa not so strong at the moment 

Maybe I can offer Bottom Five instead 

Hahaha glad I'm not the only one who doesn't always love these old school super popular Oppas. I could only safely say Gong Yoo and then if I had to pick Nam Joo Hyuk, Hyun Bin and Kim Soo Hyun? :idk: 

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Our Tea didn't watch / finish Brahms. She just create the shipping thread 😆

Really??? :shocked2: But I thought she would like the slow burn. Though maybe too sslow burn for Tea :lol:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

3 minutes ago, JenL said:

No new Oppas yet still? 

Hahahaha none. Maybe I have run out of Oppa to adopt. :lmao2:

3 minutes ago, JenL said:

I did get excited to see a rumour about him and Lee Sung Kyung maybe not broken up though...maybe this will be next year's new year couple @mademoiselle (now that I know this is a yearly thing!). Apparently they've been wearing a lot of the same clothes over the years, which is a bit strange. Also a few instances of shots with a guy wearing a cap hanging near or with LSK that kind of looked like NJH... :heart: I'm not shipping, but hey if the Weightlifting couple turn out to be real, I'd be happy.

Hahahahahaha Dispatch does expose couples in other calendar months too but it would be random whereas 1st day of New Year is like an ALWAYS / tradition kinda thing. This year's pretty MEH though. Muahahahaha. Not as explosive as BinJin.

I think NJH and LSK are still chingu after breaking up. To be honest I'm one of the odd ones that didn't love Weightlifting so for them to become a real life couple was a bit of a "Huh?" for me :lmao2: . I think @SilverMoonTea and I don't have a good eye for onscreen couples turn real life couple. The ones we are not convinced have chemie became real. :lmao2:

Spoiler

At least Healer couple wasn't real (or not caught). I'd be annoyed having the shippers being all smug about it. 😅

12 minutes ago, JenL said:

Nam Joo Hyuk moved to Significant Tier since I keep retweeting 2521 things and I love Baek Yi Jin. But I don't have much of an interest to like download NJH pictures or anything. :idk: And I think I've watched a fair number of his projects, but probably not going to watch the ones I haven't seen for a reason (eg. Cheese in a Trap)

He has a very small role in Cheese in the Trap but nonetheless very cute/likable although at the time I fell for Seo Kang Joon instead. I know why you're not watching this one though, hahaha.

I couldn't get past episode 1 (not even half) for Water Gods.

Did you watch The Light in Your Eyes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Our Tea didn't watch / finish Brahms. She just create the shipping thread 😆

His next drama is sageuk right? I'm not so sure about this one. Will know better when the posters/teasers come out.

Hmm, did he already confirm? Hahahaha I can't remember. FL is Kim Hyang Gi, I do like her.

I think he confirms but no news about it? There is announcement about fans support for this drama on his fancafe

• Like 4
  • Party! 1
14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

although at the time I fell for Seo Kang Joon instead. I know why you're not watching this one though, hahaha.

Oh you have SLS? Finally haha.... I also liking him a lot in CITT, sunbae also handsome so I was having hard time to choose 😅

24 minutes ago, JenL said:

Really??? :shocked2: But I thought she would like the slow burn. Though maybe too sslow burn for Tea :lol:

31 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh @SilverMoonTea did you not like Kim Min Jae before this? Wasn't he adopted in Brahm days? But Lee Ji Hoon is quite an interesting choice for you , Tea. ahahahah 

Haha yeah KMJ not oppa. His twin YJG is in the list 🤣 Brahm story was okay for me at first, but the couple kept complaining about their life and I'm getting tired with it haha.... 

@ChocolateHow is your love to AHS going on? I started Dr. Romantic 2 and quite like it. 

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Oh you have SLS? Finally haha.... I also liking him a lot in CITT, sunbae also handsome so I was having hard time to choose

No SLS (not shipping him with FL) but I just fell for his good looks and piano playing. :lmao2: If only there's a cut of Baek In Ho playing piano only on YT. I'd put that on replay LOL

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
49 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Criticized skills doesn't mean not love 🤣 We can criticize and still adopt lols

True ...I also agree with @Chocolate that AHS's acting in BP is not so strong, but I still like him. 

For Dr Romantic - my favorite bit was him and Kim Sabu's relationship. This drama till this day is AHS's best work. The romance didn't work for me as Lee Sung Kyung's character annoyed me a bit. I have watched many of her shows, this is my least favorite role of hers.

@JenL One of my first ships ( probably the only ship that took off) was actually LSK and NJH in Weightlifting Fairy. The fandom was ecstatic when they sailed.  Fairy brings back many good memories for me - I watched it twice. LOL

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

On 3/13/2022 at 4:12 AM, mademoiselle said:

I haven't been keeping track of upcoming dramas airing in April but I guess the only one I can name off the top of my head is you-very-well-know-who. LOL!

I am waiting for your oppa's drama too. It's one of the dramas I'm anticipating (with caution because it's MBC) because the concept is different from all the current/upcoming dramas. I think it's good for dramaland to have a mix of different genres instead of all this lawyering stuff. :niu:

16 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I really like LJH in Sponsor, but they do him dirty, he has so little air screen time

I agreed with @abs-oluteM on this, but oppa adoption is based on how we feel and sometimes that doesn't make any sense. I don't even know why I adopted Ryeoun to this day but he's a cutie. :laugh:

I have a hate/love relationship with Lee Ji Hoon. I hate all his characters in the dramas I've seen him in but I love his real life personality. He has a close relationship with his siblings; although, I think his relationship with his sister is a little too close sometimes. LOL!

12 hours ago, JenL said:

But maybe it's because they'll age him up? 

I think he naturally looks young so it'll be interesting to see how they age him. Haha!

12 hours ago, JenL said:

Also, have you seen Josee?

I have not but I don't know if I want to seeing that they do not end up together. I am still a little torn that Greg didn't end up with the female lead in My Love. :cry:

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Maybe I have run out of Oppa to adop

There is no such thing. LOL!

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I follow your suggestion and just watched Abyss clips lols. Wow he really can kiss ! 

I get a sign that says this clip is age appropriate so I can't watch it unless I go to the YT website. LOL!!

For AHS, I think Dr. Romantic 2 is his best performance. I don't know if I've enjoyed him that much in the other dramas he's been in....

• Haha 4