48 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

your oppa YP indeed an absolute jerk 🤣🤣🤣

I don't know if I can watch this. Why are they bullying my Oppa by offering him these crappy second lead roles when he's a vetran of the drama world by now :letalQQ:

I do like Park Min Young enough as female lead. We'll see if I get bored, then I'll try it. :laugh:

17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Gong Yoo is like fine wine and his humour is so on point :cool::laugh:

I still laugh when I think about him suing Choi Woo Shik

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Also my photobook finally came from my friend. Paul Fu and Alice Ke (And Joe Cheng) touched this book :heart: 

I am not a creepy fan at all :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ZR7TfuC.jpg

Also, when I finished The Sleuth of the Ming Dynasty, I realised that Paul Fu/ Fu Meng Bo really has reached ultimate Oppa status with me because not did I watch him in a boy's love drama, I was character shipping him with his co-star Darren Chen :laugh: The boys love romance in that drama is very, very mild (because C-drama censorship, of course)...but the behind the scenes are quite funny since they played it up for fans there :laugh:

Yeahhhh, his chemistry with his co-stars is quite something...also they dubbed quite a few characters in that drama including main-landers but they left his voice, which is a bit of a flex I feel since he has a nice voice :heart:

Also Paul Fu reminds me so much of Jasper personality/ hobby-wise with his studying and talent for art, owning 2 dogs, going camping, introversion. And Jasper is always liking his Instagram posts or leaving comments that I feel like he's aware of how similar they are too. Wonder how they both met since they've never worked together as far as I know :thinking:. Eh, I guess it's just the Taiwanese Entertainment circle where everyone knows everyone :idk:

g9WcJuE.png

Also just adding this photo of Jasper just because it's pretty

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

it is me? Or do the oppas you like have a particular look? Especially when I see the pictures you just posted

Hahahaha!! I tend to like the men with monolids and sunshine smiles like @SilverMoonTea calls it. Patrick Shih and Park Seo Joon also look alike -- only when Patrick is shaved. He can grow a beard/mustache pretty quickly and when he does, momentarily, he is no long an oppa. :lmao2::lmao2:

17 hours ago, JenL said:

I don't know what it is, but I haven't felt any of his pairings since he went to C-Dramaland.

His dramas haven't been the greatest. The scientist one lacked direction after a while and I didn't watch the other two. 

Don't Forget I Love You looks like it'll be sad. The chemistry doesn't look too bad from the trailer and posters they've released. 

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

GY is hilarious  

Hahahaha! I love Gong Yoo. I hope he has a movie/drama project coming out soon. 

16 hours ago, JenL said:

Also, when I finished The Sleuth of the Ming Dynasty, I realised that Paul Fu/ Fu Meng Bo really has reached ultimate Oppa status with me because not did I watch him in a boy's love drama, I was character shipping him with his co-star Darren Chen

I cannot believe you finished this. Hahaha! Darren is another actor who went to mainland China for work too. He has a few dramas out and filmed one or two last year too. 

I do get similar vibes from Paul and Jasper. I don't think they have worked together before but Taiwan entertainment world is pretty small. I wished they produced more dramas. What aired after Godless? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
17 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I like A Piece of Your Mind a lot. I think it was very beautiful, especially the cafe setting with the plants shadow on the wall. JHI looks so lovely there. The love line also quite moving and super slowburn, so I really enjoyed it. The last few episodes let me know what you think about it. 

This drama is like a poem. Beautiful - sceneries, colors, soundtracks, metaphors :wow:

17 hours ago, JenL said:

@ssteph How was Blue Happiness? It looks good but sad. I still need to watch since it's directed by my fave Lee Je Hoon and it's got Tang Joon Sung :heart:

I think about reflection, reality in our life and life lesson from Blue Happiness.

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL @SilverMoonTea  I don't lend my books (novels) that I treasure to anyone because I know something might happen even from putting the novel in a backpack! 

@ssteph Blue Happiness? Is that the one-episode drama/movie? Hope you enjoy A Piece of Your Mind.

I don't want to lend my books. Something bad could happen 😅 I lent a magazine to friend, she never returned it to me.

Blue Happiness is short movie, 30 minutes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
23 hours ago, JenL said:

I just started this and I agree soooo much. I don't think I've thought he was this cute since Weightlifting Fairy  - at least he seemed pretty average in the last few projects I saw him in (Start Up and Josie)...I maybe even readopt him. :wow:

Hahaha, my friend has a theory that when they're pretty, they've gone for a botox shoot or some cosmetic touch up :lol: Wouldn't be surprised, although it could just be that he's playing a character with a bit more of a kick than those projects. :heiboi:

for me his BODY now is something to drool hahaha I attracted with how he is so tall but well after he build body UH LALALA

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

His dramas haven't been the greatest. The scientist one lacked direction after a while and I didn't watch the other two. 

Don't Forget I Love You looks like it'll be sad. The chemistry doesn't look too bad from the trailer and posters they've released.

Yeahhhhh, I'm not so keen on Jasper's mainland dramas. I only finished the one with ShenYue. It was not great, but I guess I watched it at the time because real life was messy and I didn't feel I could commit to a good series (ie. it was such a light watch that I could drop it if I needed to) :idk:

I saw the trailer for Jasper's latest film and I don't know if it's my cup of tea. It it feels like the romance is served up too easily and that's all there is...Where is the build up in the romantic tension???:shocked2:  Also when they kiss 20 times in the trailer already, I'm not sure what's left to look forward to in the movie :laugh:

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

I cannot believe you finished this. Hahaha! Darren is another actor who went to mainland China for work too. He has a few dramas out and filmed one or two last year too. 

Hahaha Is it because Sleuth of the Ming Dynasty is 48 episodes and I watched it without FF or skipping episodes when I normally don't have the stamina for such long dramas? :laugh: Or is because the drama wasn't your cup of tea? :popcorn: I was surprised I liked it too since it was Boy's Love, Political, period drama, Mainland drama....basically most genres I don't often watch rolled into one. But surprisingly, it's been the only Mainland Cdrama I've really loved. Hahaha, the power of Paul Fu!!!:heiboi: 

Haha, no, I actually liked the drama because all the main characters in the series was pretty likeable - ie. there is this eunach character callled Wangzi who is just so sassy and savage and he was such a joy to watch :smile:. Paul Fu's character Sui Zhou was such a cool, ethical, caring person. All the characters would gather together for dinner and it felt so warm and cozy watching them together. The humour was good, the leads had a super fun-bantery bromance going on, they solved mysteries, the action was good (since Jackie Chan was producer) and they broke a lot of tropes that I don't like in period dramas (ie. most girls were not damsels in distress, the emperor was not a ruler who was easily swayed by his advisors, but he was able to outsmart his advisors using his spy). :heart:

I actually had no idea Darren Chen was Taiwanese till I watched this! It seems like his whole career except maybe 1 or 2 small roles in films, have all been Mainland C-drama roles. I'm not sure if he'd ever return to Taiwan with his fame in China. He's also their ideal type being very petite and slender and pale. When he dressed as a girl in the drama, I was like he scrubs up better than me...and for this reason he can never be my Oppa :laugh:

V3h8jcV.gif

6 hours ago, ssteph said:

I think about reflection, reality in our life and life lesson from Blue Happiness.

Blue Happiness is short movie, 30 minutes.

Ok I'm going to find this and watch it tomorrow :heart:  It sounds like it does a lot in only 30 minutes!

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Was the magazine important? Does it contain Oppa Song Joong Ki??? NO MORE FRIEND! Hahahahaha

Oppas over friends :smile: Especially friends who lose your magazines!

2 hours ago, bai said:

for me his BODY now is something to drool hahaha I attracted with how he is so tall but well after he build body UH LALALA

Hahaha. I don't know what it is, but Nam Joo Hyuk is looking mighty fine again in Twenty five Twenty one after years of doing nothing for me after how much I liked him in Weightlifting Fairy! That interview suit was stylish on him :cool:

He may move up in the Oppa Tier system soon :smile:

1 hour ago, ssteph said:

A comic book is more interesting than an oppa :heiboi:

Honestly that Twitter clip you posted was an honest depiction of my life :laugh: In high school I was more likely to fight over a manga book than a boy  :1000:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Hahaha Is it because Sleuth of the Ming Dynasty is 48 episodes and I watched it without FF or skipping episodes when I normally don't have the stamina for such long dramas?

Both? Haha! I dislike it when there are more then 36 episodes, that's like my max if I'm going to watch without skipping. Otherwise, anything above that, I will most likely always skip. I have a bad habit of skipping scenes of characters I don't really care for. :laugh:

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I actually had no idea Darren Chen was Taiwanese till I watched this! It seems like his whole career except maybe 1 or 2 small roles in films, have all been Mainland C-drama roles. I'm not sure if he'd ever return to Taiwan with his fame in China. He's also their ideal type being very petite and slender and pale. When he dressed as a girl in the drama, I was like he scrubs up better than me...and for this reason he can never be my Oppa

I watched him in a movie with @abs-oluteM's love Johnny before and hated his character -- very materialistic and snobby. I love xianxia dramas and watched one with him, the beginning was good but when the leads got together it was a mess. I didn't even watch the second season. He has another one coming out with an actress that @NiteWalker likes -- still very pretty in it. He is way too pretty and I don't know if I can ever call him an oppa too. :laugh:

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I saw the trailer for Jasper's latest film and I don't know if it's my cup of tea. It it feels like the romance is served up too easily and that's all there is...Where is the build up in the romantic tension???  Also when they kiss 20 times in the trailer already, I'm not sure what's left to look forward to in the movie 

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I will watch it just for Jasper because he's too adorable and I don't think he'll have any dramas out this year. :cry:

@mademoiselle @ssteph I don't lend any of my books out unless I know the other person also respect books too. My little sister got upset at me once because I wouldn't lend her a book of mine. It's because she's very careless with books and I knew she would bend the cover or it'll come back dirty in some ways. :niu:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
20 hours ago, Tofu said:

Both? Haha! I dislike it when there are more then 36 episodes, that's like my max if I'm going to watch without skipping. Otherwise, anything above that, I will most likely always skip. I have a bad habit of skipping scenes of characters I don't really care for. :laugh:

Hahaha I'm surprised you only do 36 episodes considering so many C-Dramas seem so long! Yeah, I'm still surprised I got through 48 episodes...but I really enjoyed it and there were very few boring bits in my opinion. I'm the opposite to you, I can't skip scenes. If it's boring I just whip out my phone and listen to the scene as I play on my phone :laugh:

20 hours ago, Tofu said:

I watched him in a movie with @abs-oluteM's love Johnny before and hated his character -- very materialistic and snobby. I love xianxia dramas and watched one with him, the beginning was good but when the leads got together it was a mess. I didn't even watch the second season. He has another one coming out with an actress that @NiteWalker likes -- still very pretty in it. He is way too pretty and I don't know if I can ever call him an oppa too. 

I feel like he'd be good for playing a snobby character since he looks so fair and slender that he gives off rich-kid-never-worked-a-day-in-my-life vibes :laugh:. Some people were annoyed by him in Sleuth since he liked to complain, but his character was also quite warm and funny, so I liked him. But I'm not interested in seeing any of Darren Chen's other projects :idk:

20 hours ago, Tofu said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I will watch it just for Jasper because he's too adorable and I don't think he'll have any dramas out this year. :cry:

True! Even though I don't think it's my cup of tea, I know I'll probably see it at some point since it's Jasper and he is my weakness :lenny:

\

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL  https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZL6zG6qmlT/?utm_medium=copy_link This cute guy look like Greg Hsu, don't you think?

A little bit! Hahaha I follow too many Greg fan girls on Twitter that I have been trained to recognise his distinct features.

I also have to admit I got distracted by the cute food he was making. This bear rice is soooo cuteeee :heart:  I love cute foods...I bought these buns with bear faces today :BulbaOWO:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@JenLI agree with you about NJH in 2521. The reason I hv such a soft spot for him was also because of WLFKBJ. I watched it while airing and rewatched this a couple of years back - I do have a thing for coming of age dramas and movies. Even though I am so old aahahahah 

I have watched quite a number of his shows since Cheese in The Trap  but I can't say I fall hard for all the characters. Of course in Start Up , I chose Mr Scandal Dimple's character over him. :laugh: Bride of Habaek ...that was not a great drama. Light in Your Eyes - love love love. But real cry fest. Here in 2521, suddenly he seems to have grown up. I should tag @movingwheelhere since she's currently on NJH mode! 

Since I brought up Light in Your Eyes & you mentioned Josee  - it's interesting that he has such good chemistry with Han Ji Min ( in spite of the age gap). They are supposed to  work for a third time in a drama called  Here that will also star Shin Min Ah and Lee Byung Hun but I don't know if that is taking off or not. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM the one that was about to happen with Han Ji Min again has changed the cast...so now its kim woo bin at NJH place.... However , Kim Woo Bin will be paired with Han Ji Min and LBH with Shin Min Ah.... !!! Talk about conincidence !!!

I like Nam Joo Hyuk for quite a long time.... he shot in India for Bride of Habaek to one of the Cream Hotel I manage... Oh God , How I wish I knew back then that he is who he is !! Gosh !!! I love NJH more in Start Up than dimple boy but could not dare to disclose my thoughts here since a lot of people are on Dimple Boy's Favour...

So in short , you all can see how biased i am about him... :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea What do you think of Han Ji Min x Lee Jin Wook pairing? xDD

LJW tells the owner they are getting married... LOL

Oh yeah, I forgot they release 6 episodes of that movie @abs-oluteM @Tofu

Wonder where we can see it... Kissasian don't have it

Hahahaha the food more distracting?!! It looks interesting, buckwheat pancake... 

I will say not much chemistry? Lols

• Like 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh yeah, I forgot they release 6 episodes of that movie @abs-oluteM @Tofu

Wonder where we can see it... Kissasian don't have it

I am not sure as well. I haven't found it and won't mind watching it to see if they add anything to the movie.

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am not sure as well. I haven't found it and won't mind watching it to see if they add anything to the movie.

Me too. I thought I might be able to watch new episode of Tracer today (didn't they air on Wavve last night?) but there was none so I guess I'm not gonna have anything to watch (yet) on Saturday. That said, I will have Justice Juvenile to binge next week.

@Chocolate Are you still watching Misaeng? Last week I rewatch Prison Playbook. This week is Misaeng (altho not all scenes).

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
20 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenLI agree with you about NJH in 2521. The reason I hv such a soft spot for him was also because of WLFKBJ. I watched it while airing and rewatched this a couple of years back - I do have a thing for coming of age dramas and movies. Even though I am so old aahahahah

Wow you must have liked it to do a rewatch! Weightlifting Fairy will always be one of my all time favourite series too. It was just paced so well. There was no drag or unecessary angst and the romance was super cute (and NJH was such a fun dreamy college boyfriend), but it wasn't over the top or sickening, just sweet enough to leave you wanting more :heart:

Haha I understand...coming of age dramas and movies are also a weakness for me!

(Even though I am also not a teenager anymore :hug:)

20 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Since I brought up Light in Your Eyes & you mentioned Josee  - it's interesting that he has such good chemistry with Han Ji Min ( in spite of the age gap). They are supposed to  work for a third time in a drama called  Here that will also star Shin Min Ah and Lee Byung Hun but I don't know if that is taking off or not. 

19 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@abs-oluteM the one that was about to happen with Han Ji Min again has changed the cast...so now its kim woo bin at NJH place....

I was wondering what was happening with that 3rd project. Ah, well I guess a 3rd time pairing would be a lot. Yeah, they did get along really well. I remember seeing an interview and photoshoot where they looked like they just really understood each other and I think they said their working relationship was super easy too. But I think NJH does have a kind of maturiity in him as a person though. He seems reserved and thoughtful as much as he can be playful as well. :MewHi:

31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Last week I rewatch Prison Playbook. 

I still have to watch this!!! I put it on higher priority after Squid Game, but things keep happening in life or coming out in Tw drama/ K drama world and I get distracted! :BulbaConfused:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

43 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Are you still watching Misaeng? Last week I rewatch Prison Playbook. This week is Misaeng (altho not all scenes).

Just finished today. It was 20 episodes! I’m surprised I lasted to the end. Though the relationships were heartwarming, I had to ffw some of those. The reason I watched were the cases and how either Mr Oh or Geu Rae would come up with some brilliant idea to make it work.

Another lesser reason was Kang Sora. She’s Hyun Bin’s ex before Son Ye Jin so I was curious. Think she did a credible job in Misaeng.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3