@ssteph Tea's Oppa list is on the first page of this thread. xDDD

Bwahahahaha Rowoon and Park Hyung Sik have two big noticeable mole on their faces too. I think Hyung Sik has removed it. Those who knows SJK's birthmarks must be because he mentioned it before, isn't it?

17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Exactly! But the people here don't understand this. If you say 1 nice thing, it must be oppa! 😅 Now I dare not say anything!

:pandacop: Stop being in denial and lying to your heart! You didn't just say 1 nice thing. You were telling us you were drooling over his sexy body a number of times (on replay). :ChikoWTF: Even if it is a temporary fling, it's still a crush/like/infatuation. :P

If you had been honest with yourself, we wouldn't have tease you so much muahaha!

Edited by mademoiselle
Amend grammar error
  • Haha 6
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@ssteph Tea's Oppa list is on the first page of this thread. xDDD

Those who knows SJK's birthmarks must be because he mentioned it before, isn't it?

Ah yes... No need to dig in this thread 🤦🏻‍♀️

I don't know from where they know. Did they observe his neck hahaha... They said a tiny birthmark is on his neck.

I only know this one

Spoiler

FCdYHhkVIAAB8Ec?format=jpg&name=medium

FCdYH4PVIAAGN9k?format=jpg&name=large

FCdYHsfVUAUHjy4?format=jpg&name=small

Someone thought it is a bruise but his fan said it is a birthmark too.

Spoiler

FDrQTbVVQAA8OE2?format=jpg&name=large

FDrQTngVEAs2tlO?format=jpg&name=small

•••

Even if a temporary fling is counted, I still don't have many oppa :eeeee:

• Haha 6
6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I ship him with Han Ji Min last time.

Yes, you ship him even before the drama started...I was impressed! :laugh:

5 hours ago, ssteph said:

AbsM - every oppa is showing abs 🤭

Almost ..ahahahahah... but somehow these days , I up my requirements abit la...the oppa must somehow hook me in with their face and acting. 

The thing about Jung Hae In is that I love him in some dramas - like in Prison Playbook and DP (Netflix)  but I am not always drawn to him. One oppa that I also can't seem to hook on to is Jang Ki Young ( even though I love his built and body :LaxEat:)

• Haha 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 1/13/2022 at 2:38 AM, Tofu said:

my fangirl thoughts are to not like a celebrity too much because you never know what they are like in their personal life. I think that's why who I like change depending on what drama I'm watching. :lol:

On 1/13/2022 at 3:10 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Yes...my longest oppa . Even before kdramas...went to many of his concerts and have all his albums...cries :nervous:

Hahaha I assume if we're all somewhat similar ages that @abs-oluteM may have been a lot younger and more susceptible to the more fangirling ways :laugh: I feel like I can still really like certain actors *cough current Paul Fu obsession cough* But I'm at a stage where I definitely like all my faves with an open door. If they turn out to be jerks, I'm good to go :idk:

But I actually think I've been quite lucky in all my years with all my oppas so far. I think I've just seen past oppas in 'good' old dating scandals (which are really not scandals, but just people wanting to confirm who they're dating) and then eventually married off. Like George Hu. Ah, the thought that he's marrying Annie Chen is still satisfying to me :heiboi:

On 1/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, mademoiselle said:

And dimples win! And at least SH was just dumb & cheated by GF not him fooling around & is a cheater.

I'm not sure if being fooled to that degree is great either. Surely there were warning bells that were ignored :laugh:

On 1/13/2022 at 10:18 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLJasper is dorky, is he introvert lols? For sure he got bullied a lot by Seung Gi kekeke.... I think you and @Tofulike guy with sunflower smile.... Cha Jeong Hyeop fit this bills. 

Yesss! He's quite introverted. When he first started being more famous and doing interviews with Puff he was so shy and awkward and she had to cover for him :laugh: He's one of those introverts that has learned to present extrovertedly though

Haha you're right. I definitely like sunshine smiley guys like @Tofu does :BulbaOWO:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 1/13/2022 at 10:55 PM, mademoiselle said:

Ohhh it's a dream!

I don't think I understood every single bit of it - so in a nutshell "God" i.e. Kakarayan wants to live what he couldn't through Orad... did I get this right? So is Kakarayan now satisfied living through Orad's experience in love? Did the human Kakarayan love was Tian Di's grandma? So even Alice isn't a God? Who is she? Another form of Kakarayan?

Haha, Yep it was a complicated ending for Rainless Love in a Godless Land:heiboi:  Yep, kind of...everything in the main part of the story takes place in a dream world made by the dream God, Lemed (who is Fali aka Joe Cheng's true identity)

Orad is like an avatar of Kakarayan, like a version of himself that he wanted to be. I'd say the Orad-Kakarayan connection like a bit like the Jesus-God connection in Christianity. I'm not sure if Kakarayan is satisfied, but apparently as a God he can have no regrets to his plans (there is no word for regret in the Amis language? or at least amongst the Kawas/ Gods)...so I guess when his plans don't work out as he wishes, he just makes new plans :laugh: He wanted Orad to not make his mistakes and so I guess he must be happy that Orad is able to love the one person he couldn't.

Kakarayan wasn't in love with Tian Di's grandma...he was in love with a human years and years ago called Tiyamacan and even though there in no recincarnation in this series, Tian Di just happened to be a human born to look like Tiyamacan years and years later. (The legend of Tiyamacan, a human who had a god fall in love with her, is a real legend of the Amis Indigenous people of Taiwan). :heart:

Alice is a fallen God (haha, I really liked her fallen angel status!) In the past, she was a God who worked with Orad and had a unrequited love for him. But then she realised that the events that would lead to his disppearance was because of Tian Di. So she decided to get rid of Tian Di to save Orad. She got rid of his memories of her and tried to kill Tian Di as a child, but failed...and ironically, she set in motion the events that would happen in the future since Orad meets Tian Di after her parents die. It's one of those stories where you see the future, and you try to stop it, but in tampering with the future, you actually bring the events to happen.  :MewHi: Her story is quite sad though because he never knew she liked him and then after she wiped his memories, he always thought she was evil (though as a fallen God, she kind of is) :letalQQ:

Haha, this is a bit long...but there is no way to explain this quickly I don't think! :idk:

On 1/13/2022 at 11:31 PM, abs-oluteM said:

He also has his favourite actors  - he likes Gong Yoo and Jung Hae In -yes one of his fave kdramas is actually One Spring Night. We  have very different tastes when it comes to kdramas lol! 

Hahaha, but I approve of your hubby liking Gong Yoo and Jung Hae In :laugh:

On 1/15/2022 at 1:48 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMI love this short drama a lot. Normally not into plot of ex getting back together

Haha, are you watching Our Beloved Summer then??? That is the ultimate Exes getting back together story. I always thought it was a weird plot line, but then I saw friends get back with their exes in real life and make it work so....I guess it's a thing! :idk:

On 1/15/2022 at 2:06 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Are you watching? Do you like it? I read what @mademoisellewrote...the plot not moving too much. 

Are you still watching Snowdrop @mademoiselle? I couldn't deal with all the drama about the drama and so didn''t start it in the end. I'm on a Kdrama break will All of Us are Dead as you suggested. :heiboi:

Although I'm heavily back into the Taiwanese drama world lately. I finished a 50 episode TW drama the other day...Sounds impressive, but really each episode was 3 minutes long as it was a LINE drama with a similar super short super sweet format to Superior Shaman and Bite Sisters :lol: I actually really enjoyed it for the comedy and this is the first drama I've seen with the NEW generation of Taiwanese actors that are like 20-25 yrs old. But they look so young they could be like 12! :lettalKWA: (I totally didn't pick up this drama for Paul Fu who plays a devil-in-disguise, magical salesman)

On 1/15/2022 at 10:44 AM, mademoiselle said:

Do I see an Oppa adoption after SJK??!! :wow2:

I love how excited we are every time @ssteph or @Chocolate say someone is hot :laugh: 

We just want them to stray :pandaevil:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 5

On 1/16/2022 at 4:22 PM, Tofu said:

I am enjoying this oppa's drama, even though I think some of you dropped it. Ahem Tea. :laugh:

What is this drama? :thinking:

On 1/16/2022 at 9:12 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu Korea is over-using the title "Doctor XYZ".

Hahaha it's just soooo Asian to drop the word 'Doctor' into every second title :laugh:

It's just as bad as Taiwanese dramas dropping the word 'Love' into every title...we get it, we get it, there's romance :smile:

On 1/16/2022 at 9:25 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Uhm already 5 @mademoiselle, I need to fulfill @JenL's premonition 😅. I added JJY uncle and KNG! Yay... Just watching 1 ep of Through The Darkness and my old crush revived! 

I'm so happy that you're crushing to my expectations @SilverMoonTea :laugh:

I, on the other hand, have adopted no one new. I've just got it realllllly, reallllly bad still for Paul Fu/ Fu Meng Bo. I thought this would end with Rainless Love ending, but no, I'm still addicted and now I'm working my way through all his projects (except his horror films and Mainland dramas where he's a side character). I'm even watching The Sleuth of the Ming Dynasty and even though I don't usually watch Mainland dramas, period dramas or Boys Love, this is one is suprisingly good. Might be the first Mainland drama I'll enjoy. :heiboi:

On 1/16/2022 at 11:08 PM, ssteph said:

@SilverMoonTea today 16 January = total 5 oppas. You add one oppa in every 3 days :psweatduck:

The adoption rate is so admireable :laugh:

On 1/17/2022 at 3:38 AM, Tofu said:

It's how they make their parents proud. "I didn't become a doctor, but I played one." Hahaha! This year, many actors are making their parents proud by playing a lawyer. 

Hahaha and then they show all their elderly friends (who don't watch dramas) a still from the drama where they're wearing the doctor's coat...like see, I DO have a doctor son :laugh:

On 1/17/2022 at 5:39 PM, Chocolate said:

more importantly, your oppa is an eunuch lol.

HAHAHA. Yeah that might not be for Tea :smile:

On 1/17/2022 at 5:39 PM, Chocolate said:

I think for @SilverMoonTea, it's easier to remember who is NOT her oppa hahaha.

Truer words have never been spoken! :lol:

On 1/17/2022 at 6:23 PM, ssteph said:

Good idea 👍😂

I tried to memorize Havenites' oppas so when I see info I can help updating or tagging.

• Choco - Hyun Bin

• Mademoiselle - Ro Woon

• AbsM - every oppa is showing abs 🤭

• SilverMoonTea - difficult, she always changes oppa :BulbaConfused: I must dig in Oppa Tracker thread to know

Hahaha do you know mine? :popcorn: :lol:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, JenL said:

Are you still watching Snowdrop @mademoiselle? I couldn't deal with all the drama about the drama and so didn''t start it in the end. I'm on a Kdrama break will All of Us are Dead as you suggested.

I didn't watch last week's. I only watch the kiss scene xDDD

My care factor is very low because they are stuck in the girls dorm for almost the whole drama. :PikachuFacePalm: I started the drama thinking, ok, JTBC isn't going to back down and submit to peer pressure - good for you, and I wanted to see if the show was what it was accused of and Jung Hae In looks hot. LOL but man, the plot is just ... boring for me.

31 minutes ago, JenL said:

What is this drama? 

Doctor John :lmao2: by Ji Sung and Lee Se Young.

55 minutes ago, JenL said:

Haha, are you watching Our Beloved Summer then??? That is the ultimate Exes getting back together story. I always thought it was a weird plot line, but then I saw friends get back with their exes in real life and make it work so....I guess it's a thing!

48 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I have high doubt for ex couple that getting back together. Clearly there must be big issue that cause the breakup and heart often already shattered.

I've seen exes getting back together. One couple broke up because the guy's parents disapproved the girl to the point of threatening to suicide. The couple goes underground, on / off breaking up until eventually the son hit his 30s and the parents gave in because hey, having grandchildren is more important, who cares about who the daughter-in-law is?

The other couple broke up due to their own relationship issue AND guy was not approved by girl's father. This one I must say I heard how he behaved in front of her father, I also shake my head at the stupidity. But she took him back later and now they are married. 

Relationships are unpredictable. When it doesn't work, it just doesn't work - can be new and can be exes getting back together. Also it depends on what kind of issues that caused the break up. If it's cheating then the trust is broken and best not to accept that person back however sometimes the mind know it's wrong but the heart does the opposite.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Omg whaaaaat! I don't like American Psycho! But wait, isn't this reported before and we discussed about it? How come I've no memory of it being adaptation of AP...?

So soon he's selling abs already 😂😂😂

Oh I liked the American Psycho...Christian Bale was pretty good. It is according some articles I read

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-yong-ji-to-work-with-kim-young-kwang-in-netflix-s-original-series-bloody-finger

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 1/17/2022 at 7:20 PM, mademoiselle said:

Stop being in denial and lying to your heart! You didn't just say 1 nice thing. You were telling us you were drooling over his sexy body a number of times (on replay).  Even if it is a temporary fling, it's still a crush/like/infatuation. :P

If you had been honest with yourself, we wouldn't have tease you so much muahaha!

Hahaha I laughed reading this lecture. You gotta be true to yourself @ssteph or Mademoiselle is going to be mad :laugh:

On 1/17/2022 at 11:33 PM, abs-oluteM said:

The thing about Jung Hae In is that I love him in some dramas - like in Prison Playbook and DP (Netflix)  but I am not always drawn to him. One oppa that I also can't seem to hook on to is Jang Ki Young ( even though I love his built and body :LaxEat:)

I feel the same about both of these actors! I like Jung Hae In in certain roles, but he hasn't been adopted. I don't feel any deep attraction, just that he's doing well or not well in a role. Also, I feel nothing for Jang Ki Young, though admittedly I haven't seen heaps of his projects. But I think that's the problem...I'm not enticed to watch any of his projects :idk:

On 1/18/2022 at 11:15 AM, Tofu said:

Yes!! Around the time I got braces, I had an album called "Smile Goals". It was a bunch of photos of the oppas I like and their smiles. 

Hahahaha omg this is so adorable :laugh:

On 1/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLTried OBS 1 episode, have bad SLS so I don't continue :thinking:

You had SLS from the first episode??? I don't even remember that the second lead did anything in the first episode! :thinking: This is one of the series where I haven't had SLS...I feel sorry for him, but also can't see the chemistry between second lead and female lead? :heiboi:

On 1/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, mademoiselle said:

I didn't watch last week's. I only watch the kiss scene xDDD

My care factor is very low because they are stuck in the girls dorm for almost the whole drama. :PikachuFacePalm: I started the drama thinking, ok, JTBC isn't going to back down and submit to peer pressure - good for you, and I wanted to see if the show was what it was accused of and Jung Hae In looks hot. LOL but man, the plot is just ... boring for me.

Wow, can't believe it's pretty much all taking place in a girl's dorm. I don't think I'll watch then, not that I've been in the mood for Kdramas lately anyway. It's been a bit of a nightmare screening for JTBC. Bet they're glad to finish the run early and bury this show behind them. :popcorn:

On 1/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, mademoiselle said:

Relationships are unpredictable. When it doesn't work, it just doesn't work - can be new and can be exes getting back together. Also it depends on what kind of issues that caused the break up. If it's cheating then the trust is broken and best not to accept that person back however sometimes the mind know it's wrong but the heart does the opposite.

So true. Yeah with my friends who were exes who are now back together, they didn't break up for any solid reason except they both felt they were drifitng apart and it was lots of little things. But they had a good, amicable friendship when not together (even though they didn't talk because they didn't want to complicate things for new partners, but they still got along really well when they did talk)...so I think the conditions must be that there's not broken trust and you must still have a strong relationship other than romance/lust/attraction to fall back on :idk:

On 1/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, ssteph said:

People here are scary 😭 you all want Choco and me to have 1,000 oppas 🤣

Jasper Liu and Lee Jae Wook? 

Hahaha we just want you to be happier :lmao2:

Yesss! You know my main Oppas. Good job! :CharmanderYay::CharmanderYay::CharmanderYay:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/19/2022 at 11:07 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle KYK's next drama...Somebody.  Adaptation of the American Psycho. 

:GrimChamp:

On 1/19/2022 at 11:42 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Oh I liked the American Psycho...Christian Bale was pretty good. It is according some articles I read

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-yong-ji-to-work-with-kim-young-kwang-in-netflix-s-original-series-bloody-finger

Whhhoaaa KYK will be in Korean American Psycho. This feels a lot more interesting a role for him. I'll watch this :wow:

On 1/19/2022 at 11:28 PM, mademoiselle said:

Omg whaaaaat! I don't like American Psycho! But wait, isn't this reported before and we discussed about it? How come I've no memory of it being adaptation of AP...?

So soon he's selling abs already 😂😂😂

Haha, American Psycho is very dark. This is the first time I've heard about this too :idk:

• Like 3

Hahaha I like that it's the change of DP that makes this love serious @Tofu :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And not the fact that I've subbed 15 behind the scenes/ interview videos with him in it recently, made someone line up to sign a book for me or mentioned him in like every post on Oppa tracker for the past month :lmao2::lol:

Person who got my book signed sent these snippets of video with the Rainless Cast:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dang @JenL you should have told me, I'd like my ISWAK DVD signed by Joe:lmao2: (1000 years too late...):lmao2:

Just kidding...  what book did you buy? Photobook or novel?

5 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha, American Psycho is very dark. This is the first time I've heard about this too

I watched this in the cinema with my first housemate, not knowing the premise would be this sick and dark. Came out of the cinema with bad mood :lmao2: ... and ~20 years later I went online to read about it again and only to discover there appears to be misconception of the ending of the film that the Director did not intended for people to interpret it that way LMAO...

American Psycho is 19+, I wonder if the drama is also gonna be 19+. You know, as long as KYK

Spoiler

don't look into the mirror admiring himself f****** the woman I'm all good. I can't ever get this scene of Christian Bale out of my mind because it was disturbing.

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
On 1/24/2022 at 5:49 PM, mademoiselle said:

Dang @JenL you should have told me, I'd like my ISWAK DVD signed by Joe:lmao2: (1000 years too late...):lmao2:

Just kidding...  what book did you buy? Photobook or novel?

Hahaha sorryyyyy :laugh: Actually I'm surprised at how much of an Oppa Joe stiill is to some people. There's always comments on his channel/ livestreams from people still rewatchiing ISWAK. My confession is...I never watched it :lmao2:

I got the photobook...it's awaiting a flight here, so still not here yet :letalQQ:

I watched this in the cinema with my first housemate, not knowing the premise would be this sick and dark. Came out of the cinema with bad mood :lmao2: .

Hahaha I thought the title would have given it away :laugh:

I knew about the author of the book (Breat Easton Ellis) for a long time and knew that all his stories were dark and nihilistic and about soulless, moralless rich people, so was well prepared when we watched the DVD years ago...wow, DVDs...it must have been years ago since DVDs are such a thing of the past :heiboi:

~20 years later I went online to read about it again and only to discover there appears to be misconception of the ending of the film that the Director did not intended for people to interpret it that way LMAO...

What's the misconception? :thinking: 

Bringing the conversation back to Oppas...First Oppa ever Gong Yoo made me laugh so much today with his interaction with agency mate Choi Woo Shik. I loved how he wanted to "Sue" him for the dinosaur drawing on the Soop Youtube banner :lmao2:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Hahaha sorryyyyy :laugh: Actually I'm surprised at how much of an Oppa Joe stiill is to some people. There's always comments on his channel/ livestreams from people still rewatchiing ISWAK. My confession is...I never watched it :lmao2:

I got the photobook...it's awaiting a flight here, so still not here yet 

I don't see him as Oppa anymore but there's definitely remnants of the good impression/memories he had left with Ariel when they did ISWAK. Plus I think it's their rapport, long years of friendship and family-like relationship with the casts that I adore and like. Without knowing ISWAK was a manga, I had watched the J-version and then the TW-version as part of my childhood and we all know childhood memories are precious. :laugh: But in honesty, I can't rewatch ISWAK anymore coz it's just too old & I know I will cringe at the acting. Joe and Ariel were both on a Chinese variety show 非凡搭檔 few years back (like Amazing Race) and they were perfect as partners; they even displayed a little bit of a Xiang Qin and Zhi Shu moment which makes me feel nostalgic. I can't find the cut on YT but it was when they were in a car travelling from one destination to another, Joe closed his eyes resting and Ariel was drinking water from a bottle but she spilled the water on Joe (totally the clumsy Xiang Qin style) and Joe still has his eyes closed just calmly & coolly asked, "Why do I feel something cool on me?" :lmao2: Ariel has always given out the impression that she's a hard-working, good at studies and intelligent kind of girl whereas Joe was the playful and doesn't like study type (the total opposite of their characters in ISWAK) but it was in this variety show that you see Ariel is just book smart, and Joe is street smart and is able to think outside the box. Ariel and her partner took forever solving a puzzle but Joe & his team solve it right away. This really tells us being good at study really doesn't mean everything in life ~ 😅

1 hour ago, JenL said:

What's the misconception?

Some people, including me, interpreted the ending as ...

Spoiler

the killing was all in his head whereas I think the Director's version is he really did kill all those people.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2