On 1/9/2022 at 4:14 AM, Tofu said:

I feel the same way too, but for both Korean and Chinese dramaland. I'm watching Bulgasal, Our Beloved Summer, Let Me Be Your Knight, Ghost Doctor, and Bad&Crazy. With the exception of LMBYK (I'm bias with this), the other ones are good but nothing that's blowing me away. I've gone three months now without watching any Chinese dramas, it's so wild to me because usually I have 2-3 on my watch list. I've started a few but nothing keeping my attention. :idk: In-between all of this, I'm just re-watching some older dramas that I liked and watching Racket Boys too (I'm on episode 7 now!). 

You too? Well, I'm kinda glad it's not just me. Maybe it's just that nothing amazing is out at the moment :idk:

Wow you've gone 3 months with no Chinese drama? :shocked2: That is unlike you - normally you're skim watching several at the same time...I rarely ever watch Chinese dramas, haha but I'm half hearted watching Youth because Simon Lian was the lead. The story is ok very much a typical school romance. The episodes are only 45 mins, but I feel like they're longer for some reason (How I feel about Chinese dramas in general)....have you seen it before @Tofu?

So glad you're watching Racket Boys! That's such a fun series and to be honest, I like the innocent little romances between those kids...they're so funny as a team too :heart: Oh. Maybe I should watch Prison Playbook now

On 1/9/2022 at 5:12 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I like him mainly as a singer ,😊 the only drama I liked was Heartstrings. I couldn't watch "Sell your haunted house", didn't like horror. 

I am not interested in his mini series.

Heartstrings is the only exception since it is  a musical drama, which is of interest to me, as I am a music addict. 

Hahaha I barely remember Heartstrings, but every time I open a clip and hear that main song, I remember why I liked that drama and Yong Hwa so much at the time :laugh:

21 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahahahaha don't marked up my number.... only 2 :lmao2:

And cry together I also need to go back to office tomorrow 🥲

Hahaha, I'm not marking up the number - I know you will reach my expectations soon...I am just pre-empting your adoption rate :smug:

I'm back also :letalQQ: But I do like work...it's just that I also want more fee time :lol:

20 hours ago, Jane said:

I feel ya! I haven't watched any currently airing dramas since Yumi's Cells (did you watch that otherwise it might be a good time with your iQiyi trial!) I watched a J-drama Izakaya Bottakuri recently and I think it will be right up your alley with the focus on the community around the izakaya and the delicious delicious looking food! It even provide a short recipe video of the featured dish and sake pairing! I was so so so hungry watching the show!

Oooh you also! Maybe there's just nothing super amazing on lately...or we all needed a drama break. Glad you enjoyed Yumi's Cells! I remember you saying you loved the webtoon as well. The animated cells looked cute!

J-Dramas - that might be an idea! I haven't watched one in soooo long! :yayaya: I think the last one I watched was Good Morning Call 3 years ago while lounging around at my Aunty's place. Izakaya Bottakuri actually looks pretty good! I love community and fooood and could do with more receipes. I think I'll check it out :heart:

• Haha 2
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Looking forward to see some more cuts! I can't find any more on YouTube. Yoon Su makes his grandma look so tiny...

I wonder what did grandma cook coz it looks all so red and mixed with so many things that it didn't look that good visually (and appetising for me coz all it indicated to me is it's super spicy) but the hosts are all salivating.

Grandma seems to live on her own? Sometimes I wonder whether all Koreans have a round table in each household coz they seems to eat with that table than the normal table and I'm a little sad the space is so small that they have to eat beside the bed.

I've been wondering what trophy he won (coz I did not remember seeing him win an acting award) and I now finally know.

Edit: Oops... just realised I forgot to tag @Tofu @JenL 😅

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hello! I've been so quiet on JH because I'm (still) hyped on the tail end of promotions for Rainless Love in a Godless Land and didn't want to subject you all to my spiralling fangirling...But I can't stop myself, so here I am :heiboi:  I forget how I get with Taiwanese drama casts because they're all pretty funny/ charismatic, have great cast chemistry and promote soooooo hard, even when the drama has finished. It really gets deep into my fangirl heart :wow:. The drama ended on the 2nd of Jan, but they had their final fan meet on Sunday 9th of Jan. And then they've still been putting up goodbye messages all of today and Paul Fu just did a 2 hour live answering a bunch of questions because he felt like he didn't get a chance to talk to fans properly the other night :heart:

He is definitely on my VIP/ God tier. The crazy extent of my fangirling: I made someone go to that fan meet and get autographs (They were super nice and recorded some tiny clips of meeting the stars for my sake even though they probably did not care to actually meet them) :lol::laugh:

On 1/9/2022 at 2:17 PM, mademoiselle said:

How was the Rainless drama? Was it as complicated as they promoted it to be? I did sort of see some clips/posts on my timeline and turns out Paul is the Kakarayan who lost his memory. Alice loves him but removes his memories. But he's not the Top Dog, is he? Coz then what makes Greg Hsu since it is mentioned he's the Creator of all things... (so I consider him the God equivalent). And Joe Chang is the villain - now this I initially never expected. So where / what important role did the female lead play in the grand scheme of all of this? I also know that the Halmoni God, Wisdom God and his wife reincarnated into humans - but why? I was hoping Wikipedia will give me a summary of the story like what they did for Someday, One Day but there is none at the moment.

Hahaha wow, you pieced together the story from clips alone! :popcorn: 

I'll put the ending under a spoiler because it'll take time to explain and might get long and confusing for those not interested:

Spoiler

Yes, the ending was as complicated as they promoted it to be. Some fans were confused, but a lot of fans liked it and understood the layers which combine things like philosophy, existentialism and concepts like fate v. free will. Paul, or Orad the god of rain as he is in the drama, is like a version of Kakarayan in the dream world that Kakarayan and Lemad (Joe's character) made- He fulfills Kakarayan's own wish to be able to love a single person above all else (as Kakarayan did have a person he loved, but was unable to be with). It turns out the world we had been watching is a dream world made by Lemad by the request of Kakarayan and all the gods are fake gods, except Lemad and Kakarayan. When they sort out Orad's issue (it's complicated to explain, but he's portrayed to be a lie and he looses faith in his existance), and he decides to live fully as a human, Kakarayan has Lemed reset things and it goes back in time, but in a new reality to a world that is much more similar to ours - we don't see Gods, even though we pray to them etc. The gods in the previous reality become humans and the world is not going to end (at least not yet). Orad is also human and he becomes Tian's boyfriend - they saved all the sweeter moments for the last episode, but it was a good level of sweetness after all the bittersweetness of the series. But the twist at the end is that even though he is human now, he still saves something using his powers...so it's unclear whether he's still a God or this is still a dream world??? Fans have said it's the series is like Matrix x Inception x Goblin. 

Greg played the same character as Paul but only for one episode = but the reason Kakarayan looked like Greg in that one episode was because he met with Tian Di (female lead) when she called out to him in her drunken state at a 7/11 (and he appeared as Orad (Paul). But she didn't believe he was Kakarayan, so he then swapped into a less familar appearance (He looked around the 7/11 and saw a life size promo cutout of Greg Hsu and changed into him). So Greg is playing God who is playing Greg Hsu :smile: But most of the time Kakarayan looks like Paul.

In the end Paul's role was probably as complicated as Greg's role in SOOD because he also had play 3 characters too - an avatar of God, God himself and a human. And they also had to refilm the same scenes in different timelines and realities. Anyway, the ending is so complicated for a lot of people that I kind of want to make an explaination for it somewhere to help poor confused souls :yayaya:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

In all honesty , I think these days I am not adopting oppas as quickly. For example I love Choi Woo Shik in OBS but am not finding myself going all out to watch his other works apart from OBS and Parasite. So I can't really consider it as adopted yet. I think it is because many of my existing oppa loves have dramas ....

Even Lee Jun Young - the latest adoption from 2021 , I haven't gone through all his filmography. 

I think I have been scarred by all the scandals....see Lee Hom's scandal...never ending circus.

I think this one hit me harder than Kim Seon Ho's . :nervous:

But let me tell you something funny ...my hubs says that KSH and Lee Hom similar look that's why I like them so much...I think I must send my hubs for an eye check up :lmao2:

Do they even have similarities?

b10cf850ba7c4be3fdf23755fe9451dd.jpg

kim-seon-ho.png

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 1/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, Tofu said:

@JenL Nam Yoon Su was on I Live Alone again. He's so cute, he visited his grandma and took her to take pictures. :heart:

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Looking forward to see some more cuts! I can't find any more on YouTube. Yoon Su makes his grandma look so tiny...

Now moving onto the other oppa because I have no loyalty....Thanks for all the videos @mademoiselle! I'll have to watch them proper tomorrow. I really hope someone subs these videos with Nam Yoon Su and his grandma! :wow: I wonder if he's big enough to have fans groups who sub his videos. My Korean is pretty junior so I only understand sentences to do with eating annd food. Anything else is... :idk:

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I wonder what did grandma cook coz it looks all so red and mixed with so many things that it didn't look that good visually (and appetising for me coz all it indicated to me is it's super spicy) but the hosts are all salivating.

Grandma seems to live on her own? Sometimes I wonder whether all Koreans have a round table in each household coz they seems to eat with that table than the normal table and I'm a little sad the space is so small that they have to eat beside the bed.

Hahaha even though I don't eat spicy foods, I thought it looked ok. It just looked like your average Korean stew like maybe Tofu soup or something but with more ingredients. :idk: 

The space in Korean apartments look tiny! But maybe it depends on where they live. I was watching a Youtuber show his apartment in Incheon and it was huge (4 bedrooms which he shared with 1 housemate) and he said it was cheaper than his tiny place when he lived in Seoul. Still needed to take out a loan because it's like you have to put down a huge deposit even for rent :BulbaConfused:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think I have been scarred by all the scandals....see Lee Hom's scandal...never ending circus.

I think this one hit me harder than Kim Seon Ho's . :nervous:

Wow that scandal is really something. I have to it is one scandal after another. He's been a real piece of work :lettalKWA: 

Was he your Oppa abs?

I've never been a fan of Lee Hom, so don't have anything to say. I just hope my Oppas are clean. But to be honest, I feel like I just really like super introverted, workoholic types who have a lot of creative side projects and dogs (This describes Jasper Liu, Paul Fu...I think Chae Jong Hyeop possibly)....people who like dogs can't be bad right?  :laugh: 

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But let me tell you something funny ...my hubs says that KSH and Lee Hom similar look that's why I like them so much...I think I must send my hubs for an eye check up :lmao2:

Hahaha he needs glasses. I don't they look alike at all! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edit: Maybe the eyebrows. But not even the eyes. LOL

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle @JenL He called it a mixed stew, a bunch of leftovers you have in your fridge made into a stew. His grandma is so cute, she kept making comments about how he hasn't visited her in so long because he's been busy. Throughout most of it, she'll say the typical grandparents things like, "If I'm dead, would you even know". Haha! NYS said that when he was younger, he spent a lot of time with his grandma and would sleep over often. One thing on his bucket list is to take couple photos with his grandma so he took them with her. The I Live Alone cast were making fun of him because grandmas hate hoodies and he bought her a hoodie, hahaha! So the entire time, she just complained about how stuffy it was. There are subs up -- I think Viki usually sub it but I watched it on a third party website. :laugh:

@abs-oluteM They do not look a like at all. Hahaha! But I agreed that my fangirl thoughts are to not like a celebrity too much because you never know what they are like in their personal life. I think that's why who I like change depending on what drama I'm watching. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
39 minutes ago, JenL said:

Wow that scandal is really something. I have to it is one scandal after another. He's been a real piece of work :lettalKWA: 

Was he your Oppa abs?

Yes...my longest oppa . Even before kdramas...went to many of his concerts and have all his albums...cries :nervous:

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

LH is old & wrinkled...

KSH is young & cute...

Huge difference!

that's how I view them 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And dimples win! And at least SH was just dumb & cheated by GF not him fooling around & is a cheater.

Yup... no way alike in anyway!

• Haha 4

@abs-oluteMall your oppas look same in your hub eyes lols? Maybe he can differentiate actresses better? 😅

@JenLJasper is dorky, is he introvert lols? For sure he got bullied a lot by Seung Gi kekeke.... I think you and @Tofulike guy with sunflower smile.... Cha Jeong Hyeop fit this bills. 

@TofuLee Jun Young is just so cute. I haven't got tired of him or forget him till now. 

These days I haven't go into Oppa Tracker yet lols, felt something missing from my life 😅 And somehow maybe I should adopt this ahjussi, Jung Jae Young, cos I watched all his 3 dramas : Duel, On The Verge of Insanity, and Partner in Justice. His looks not my type but he's so charismatic and have good acting

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

22 hours ago, JenL said:

I'll put the ending under a spoiler because it'll take time to explain and might get long and confusing for those not interested:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, the ending was as complicated as they promoted it to be. Some fans were confused, but a lot of fans liked it and understood the layers which combine things like philosophy, existentialism and concepts like fate v. free will. Paul, or Orad the god of rain as he is in the drama, is like a version of Kakarayan in the dream world that Kakarayan and Lemad (Joe's character) made- He fulfills Kakarayan's own wish to be able to love a single person above all else (as Kakarayan did have a person he loved, but was unable to be with). It turns out the world we had been watching is a dream world made by Lemad by the request of Kakarayan and all the gods are fake gods, except Lemad and Kakarayan. When they sort out Orad's issue (it's complicated to explain, but he's portrayed to be a lie and he looses faith in his existance), and he decides to live fully as a human, Kakarayan has Lemed reset things and it goes back in time, but in a new reality to a world that is much more similar to ours - we don't see Gods, even though we pray to them etc. The gods in the previous reality become humans and the world is not going to end (at least not yet). Orad is also human and he becomes Tian's boyfriend - they saved all the sweeter moments for the last episode, but it was a good level of sweetness after all the bittersweetness of the series. But the twist at the end is that even though he is human now, he still saves something using his powers...so it's unclear whether he's still a God or this is still a dream world??? Fans have said it's the series is like Matrix x Inception x Goblin. 

Greg played the same character as Paul but only for one episode = but the reason Kakarayan looked like Greg in that one episode was because he met with Tian Di (female lead) when she called out to him in her drunken state at a 7/11 (and he appeared as Orad (Paul). But she didn't believe he was Kakarayan, so he then swapped into a less familar appearance (He looked around the 7/11 and saw a life size promo cutout of Greg Hsu and changed into him). So Greg is playing God who is playing Greg Hsu :smile: But most of the time Kakarayan looks like Paul.

In the end Paul's role was probably as complicated as Greg's role in SOOD because he also had play 3 characters too - an avatar of God, God himself and a human. And they also had to refilm the same scenes in different timelines and realities. Anyway, the ending is so complicated for a lot of people that I kind of want to make an explaination for it somewhere to help poor confused souls :yayaya:

Ohhh it's a dream!

I don't think I understood every single bit of it - so in a nutshell "God" i.e. Kakarayan wants to live what he couldn't through Orad... did I get this right? So is Kakarayan now satisfied living through Orad's experience in love? Did the human Kakarayan love was Tian Di's grandma? So even Alice isn't a God? Who is she? Another form of Kakarayan?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMall your oppas look same in your hub eyes lols? Maybe he can differentiate actresses better? 😅

He also has his favourite actors  - he likes Gong Yoo and Jung Hae In -yes one of his fave kdramas is actually One Spring Night. We  have very different tastes when it comes to kdramas lol! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@SilverMoonTeaahh we're back to Lee Sang Yeob days eh...ahahah yes that story was pretty sweet. With the exception of his last two dramas ( the weekender and Verge of Insanity) , I have seen most of his shows. So I really love how versatile he is.

Just finished binging Singles Inferno with my mum. Pretty fun. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, ssteph said:

I think... JHI in Snowdrop... is dangerous enough for me :pandascared: :psweatduck:

Do I see an Oppa adoption after SJK??!! :wow2:

He is very charming in there. But why didn't you make yourself known you are watching at the drama thread?! I was so lonely there. :pandasadspoon: Agree I think the whole 16 episodes, they are just going to be in the damn dorm. LMAO. :PikachuFacePalm:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3