25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea Does it have a close-up shot of the watch? Vintage looking watch could be an old Rolex. That wouldn't be cheap either.

I like the pocket watch Gu Won hangs on his suit. Not so much of the watch but the "looks" of it.

@Tofu Gu Won wears 2 x Piaget. Both are over $12k.

Screenshot-20230620-191428-Chrome.jpg

I think the stylist purposely make him looks down to earth and look like commoner and to make him looks a bit fragile and need extra care. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea Too blur. Cannot tell, but Rolex has a crown logo. It's probably not Rolex. In another scene where he dressed to visit her tomb, I saw a intertwine horseshoes logo on the strap. I don't recognise it though and tried Google but still can't figure it out. LOL.

P.S. Another way of finding out is see if the ending credit list the brand, if the watch brand endorse the drama (not from NF but has to be the tvN live broadcast version).

Edit:

https://www.cartier.com.au/en-au/collections/watches/all-watches.viewall.html

Maybe it is Cartier!

Ok when he called her to take him to the cemetery, I saw the back of the strap with a logo, it is this one. Looks exactly like this!

https://www.cartier.com.au/en-au/collections/watches/all-watches/santos-de-cartier-all/wssa0018-santos-de-cartier-watch.html

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

The new term is quiet luxury. Maybe that's what Seo Ha is. Haha! Honestly, thinking about it some more, it matches their personalities. GW is loud and so is his fashion. SH is more reserved, so his fashion is toned down. 

I can't recognize watch brands without seeing a logo or name, so I'm not sure what SH is wearing. It matches the Cartier watch @mademoiselle linked. Are you going to get a Cartier watch now, @SilverMoonTea? Haha!

Every time I watch 19th Life now, I'm going to pay attention to his watch because of this conversation. Haha! 

• Haha 3
15 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

One more watch for you to appraise

He is wearing a Hublot Classic Fusion. I think the one he is wearing is like $20k+! :shocked2:

Classic-Fusion-Chronograph-King-Gold-42-

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I just realised i have no Wed - Thurs dramas left to watch . 

Well, if you are not already watching, there are two sad hotel chaebols you can watch. The dramas air on the weekends, but you can save one for Wednesday/Thursday. :laugh:

KTL-03.gif

19L-02.gif

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

He is wearing a Hublot Classic Fusion. I think the one he is wearing is like $20k+! :shocked2:

Omg how you even able to find out ? Hublot always became sponsor on sports event, but I really seldom pay attention to the collection. I did know Cartier & Piaget. Their women watch collection also quite nice & classic. Even I combine all the watches that I owned, I can't exchange to buy any 1 of them 🙈

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Well, if you are not already watching, there are two sad hotel chaebols you can watch. The dramas air on the weekends, but you can save one for Wednesday/Thursday. :laugh:

Need to find sad chaebol with lot of emotional trauma 🤣 Or need to become one without them... 

@abs-oluteMsaid ABH not her type 🤣 , he need to have more shower scene. Sad hotel owner must have a sad & tormented shower scene 😆

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

He is wearing a Hublot Classic Fusion. I think the one he is wearing is like $20k+!

So Seo Ha is the hidden richer chaebol. Wearing a watch more expensive than two Piaget combined. I'm still waiting for someone to wear Patek Phillippe. @SilverMoonTea Most expensive watches:

https://luxe.digital/lifestyle/style/most-expensive-watches/

LOL, the first and second most expensive are so damn ugly. If I get that, I just wanna dug out the diamonds and make it into something else! :lmao2:

Honestly I can't even bring myself to wear anything over $1000 because if I knock or scratch it I'll be like :PikaRIP:. I guess if one has to be filthy rich to not feel the pain.

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Omg how you even able to find out ? Hublot always became sponsor on sports event, but I really seldom pay attention to the collection. I did know Cartier & Piaget. Their women watch collection also quite nice & classic. Even I combine all the watches that I owned, I can't exchange to buy any 1 of them 🙈

I think Cartier's specialty is in jewellries not watches, right? Not that I can tell the difference, but I'd think it's more advisable to go for the brands that actual focus is craftmanship in watches.

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Need to find sad chaebol with lot of emotional trauma 🤣 Or need to become one without them... 

@abs-oluteMsaid ABH not her type 🤣 , he need to have more shower scene. Sad hotel owner must have a sad & tormented shower scene 😆

I'd rather become the chaebol myself, then I know the money is all mine. Coz if you marry a chaebol, you might be asked to sign a prenup. :laugh:They will for sure wanna protect their wealth so in the end you might not get anything if you wanna divorce him. Korea's real chaebols' loyalty is a question mark.

Love the GIFs, always @Tofu . Gone, they are, into my collection...

This one ranked no. 5 but I failed to identify how to read the time! LOLLL

most-expensive-watches-jaeger-lecoultre-joaillerie-101-manchette-luxe-digital-900x600.jpg.webp

• Haha 3
32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

So Seo Ha is the hidden richer chaebol.

See I choose the correct chaebol lols

I think this type looks pretty & elegant :

https://www.piaget.com/hk-en/watches/high-jewelry-watches/white-gold-diamond-watch-g0a45037

Yes the super expensive watch all have a little weird design haha... Its like you just stick all the diamond together anyhow 😅

• Haha 3

@mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea If someone is wearing a Patek Philippe watch in a drama....wow! That is true chaebol status and the ultimate quiet luxury flex. Patek Philippe is one of those "if you know, you know" type of brand because it's not mainstream/popular like Rolex or Cartier. 

I think because Gu Won is flashier, he has on more expensive stuff. Seo Ha might have had a more expensive watch, but his clothes are not as expensive as Gu Won's. Although, in theory, Seo Ha should be richer because his dad owns a motor company, right? Haha! 

Like mademoiselle, I think I would be too scare wearing a watch that's expensive because I fear I would scratch it. Right now, I wear my smart watch but I don't care about it getting scratch because I have a protector on it. Haha! 

• Insightful 2
  • Haha 1

I usually spazz with Bai re:Korean Englishman, but Bai isn't here anymore so just bear with me, guys. And watch this video if it pique your interest! I thought it's amazing what these boys are experiencing in their life after appearing on Korean Englishman. I wonder if this opportunity will change their life and decision in the career paths they chose in London. Armand is now studying in Cambridge Uni, and if I remember correctly, he wanted to do politics when I first knew him. Now, they seem to have been chosen by Josh & Ollie to be their successor.

Anyway, the real point of this video is THE PHOTOSHOOT IN SUITS! Armand looks TOO GOOD not to be a model! AND, to top it off, the 4 of them were asked to endorse Korea's travel packages!!! I think many people are trying to book/win the promotion that I couldn't even load the website. I just wanted to see if the websites share the studio suit photoshoot on the website.

Edit: Oh, and it's funny how the boys were both shocked at how much stuff the stylist was applying on their faces and Josh telling him he puts more on himself. LOL. How the era has changed in terms of old and newer generations.

But @Tofu, I wouldn't ever recognise a Patek Philippe on TV though. I'm not in tune with wrist watches! Has there ever been anyone who wore it in Kdramas? Or Patek Philippe is just so famous that it doesn't need to do PPL?

Tofu, can you imagine yourself wearing a $4000 dollars Tiffany diamond ring? Ok, let's just make it $1000. LMAOOO. And do you dare wearing it for travel? LOL. I feel like I'd lose a finger.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Has there ever been anyone who wore it in Kdramas? Or Patek Philippe is just so famous that it doesn't need to do PPL?

Nope, never seen it in a Korean drama before. I don't pay attention to watches so if there was one, I wouldn't have noticed. Although, I feel like if there was one, it would have made some headlines because of how expensive they are. Vincenzo is one of the most recent dramas where I remember seeing lots of expensive watches. I tend to notice clothes, bags, and shoes before anything else. :laugh:

24 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Tofu, can you imagine yourself wearing a $4000 dollars Tiffany diamond ring? Ok, let's just make it $1000. LMAOOO. And do you dare wearing it for travel? LOL. I feel like I'd lose a finger.

Haha! I used to think that way, but every often I would remember that our phones cost just as much. We are already carrying something worth around $1000 with us everyday! 

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Huh?!

19L-04.gif

Introverts need to stick together! LOL!!

6 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw I choose wrong chaebol 🤣 This more expensive. Also I like the green colour. 

The fact that Gu Won wears a three-piece suit is enough to say he's flashier. :lmao2:

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Nope, never seen it in a Korean drama before. I don't pay attention to watches so if there was one, I wouldn't have noticed. Although, I feel like if there was one, it would have made some headlines because of how expensive they are. Vincenzo is one of the most recent dramas where I remember seeing lots of expensive watches. I tend to notice clothes, bags, and shoes before anything else. 

Vincenzo wears Hublot a lot, right? I remember coming across some kdrama fashion posts. I wouldn't be able to tell designer brands at all.

33 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Also yes I asked some official kfashion account and they said its Hublot that ABH wore. No picture on which one they mentioned though. 

Which watch? The one where he was in his office?

Haha! I used to think that way, but every often I would remember that our phones cost just as much. We are already carrying something worth around $1000 with us everyday! 

Oh yeah, I forgot about that but I take very good care of the phone. I have screen protector and case. The diamond wouldn't be protected on the finger and we do so much with our hands we could damaged it so much easier. I broke a jade bracelet once when I was in primary 2...

Introverts need to stick together! LOL!!

Isn't Gu Won an introvert too?

The fact that Gu Won wears a three-piece suit is enough to say he's flashier. 

Hahaha I tend to see that as his "armour".

P.S. @Tofu Both your GIFs are beautiful... the lighting seems just right too. You're getting so good with this.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle I've seen a couple of the videos with Armand and Max. They are a good pair and reminds me a lot of Josh and Ollie. The video of them in the convenience store made me laugh so much! Max has so much energy and excitement for everything. LOL @ Max's vaseline! :lmao2:

Armand should consider a career in modeling. He doesn't have to be a fashion show model, he can just do commercial work like photoshoots, spread, those kind of things. 

Gu Won -- hair down or up? LOL!

KTL-05.gif

KTL-04.gif

@SilverMoonTea I want a Netflix tumbler too. LOL!

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu Armand could totally do apparel modelling as his side job. Even Max could, his photos turn out well too and he's always so bright and sunny. Whereas Armand is the tall and handsome so he could endorse men's suits. It's amazing how Max's grandmother is an Indian because you can't see any ounce of Indian in him, and he reminds so much of the Weasley family: the red hair and freckles. Haha.

Re: Hair

Open forehead and Up are :1000:

@ssteph @SilverMoonTea These Oppa deul are milking their fans since they couldn't do it for the last 4 years! Sad. Resuming of FMs means less acting time for them. We will see them less on screen too! Tsk.

@ssteph Is that your hint to us that you've adopted Ahn Hyo Seop too? Albeit not VIP Oppa?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3