16 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Dont know how they will communicate @mademoiselle@Tofulols... Btw this J actor is Seo Kang Joon look alike.

I saw this news last night and thought of you. Was he a past Oppa? Or @Tofu's? Korea and Japan have collaborated before so most likely they will use interpreter.

16 hours ago, JenL said:

must be like the first time in my life I don't have second lead syndrome @mademoiselle. I'm first lead 100% in this drama

Not the first time because in Bloodhounds, there's no second lead syndrome too. Is there? LOL

16 hours ago, JenL said:

Is the Revenant scary?! 

95% not scary. There is that 5% where:

1) The eye from the opening theme ALWAYS bugs me and I almost ALWAYS forget to avoid it when I click play on Kissasian!

2) Some jumpy/eerie bits - but very rare.

16 hours ago, JenL said:

I've embraced the fact that my Oppas are becoming more and more like Dong Saeng most of the time

I think it is the norm as we grow older and the MLs on TV gets younger. Is it our fault? Not at all. :niu:

16 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha which ones are not engaging?! :popcorn: I'm not sure Heartbeat is exciting, but I just like it a lot for the world of the vampires because it's fun and silly. And because the 2 leads have a good but subtle romance building. 

King The Land: Quoting @Chocolate, why all the rational people still watching a drama with no plot? For me is, why are people even loving this drama and making it so popular? It's misleading!

See You in My 19th Life: Episode 3-5 were good and later on it becomes draggy. I did not like the ending. It isn't logical to me.

Revenant: So so for me actually. I also find it draggy. Only the latest episodes I'm more engaged again because we're nearing the end, so the mystery is being unravelled.

Heartbeat: At one point I was bored, I was contemplating trying but then I remember @SilverMoonTea can drop drama like the next day so I decided to wait. xD And voila, she's lost interest and also, like Tea, I dislike the second FL.

I wanna sell you Hidden Love, Jen. Can you try it out and see if it is your cuppa? It is on Netflix. Good visuals of the OTP for one, secondly they can act, and thirdly, this story kind of brings back some nostalgic memories of our own past crushes. Hehehe.

Preview 1

Just watch the first part of the preview because I don't know why they repeated it twice in this video.

Preview 2

16 hours ago, JenL said:

Thanks for recommedning Bloodhounds btw! I really enjoyed it. I wish the ending was a bit better (I felt like it lost it's edge a little bit?) But I enjoyed all the epsiodes alot. Even that brutally painful episode. I was so mad and hurt after watching it. 

Yeah the last 3 episodes were a bit lacklustre. And yes, agree even though episode 6 was brutal, but it was action packed adrenaline rush kind of drama, especially the first 6. I had fun.

16 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I have no 2nd ML syndrome too, but there are some things I appreciate for his character : 1) He gave IH a lot of space to be with herself when she's upset 2) He quietly make her happy by faking the lottery for free dining 3) The apartment he rented out for her is gorgeous! Old style but very classic. Okay I'm clearly a material girl ? :laugh:Irl I maybe will pick him, instead of having to sacrifice myself to be the source of blood ?

So what does Taecyeon's character need from FL?

====

Was it ever explained why Gu Gang Mo ended up with the evil spirit? Did he really ask to be transferred to him? @Chocolate

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5

Surprisingly I quite like 19th Life ending. I think it suited well to give a full closure and to have a new fresh start life for her. Was wishing the new BJE and MSH have more lines, but it was very short. I quite like the normal girl JE as a person, and SH now chasing her first and being impatient with her. Of course, there is plenty of flashback before we can get to that ending 😅. Overall, it's not a too bad drama, but also not super good as well but for sure it's quite memorable. That dance on the beach is still lovely. And I wish more ML can have MSH style & elegance. 

• Like 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@JenLDid u see their dance ??!!?? Love that vintage party... So dreamy. Taecyeon is just wow, he really nailed this role perfectly. Dang those 2nd lead now can eat their fingers, I was so annoyed with them and seems Doosik sunbae will turn into full blown evil who just want to save his own life. 

The thing with Hae Won, he did make her confuse 😅 So it's sort of hard to blame her, I really hope our vampire can finally make up his mind. He's like being step into two boats nowadays. And that Mr. Cat can see through all this when he said things will become complicated. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 7/21/2023 at 5:17 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea I read on twitter that they are cutting the SYIM19L from original 16 to 12. And I read a lot complains about how badly edited it is. What happened there?

Wow, I thought SYIM19L was the popular drama that everyone was watching but me...But it seems now that it's not that popular. King the Land was the other one - I refuse to watch it because that title is so grammatically wrong :niu: 

But glad to know I'm not missing out on much :popcorn::lenny:

On 7/23/2023 at 11:27 AM, Tofu said:

You know there is something wrong with K-Dramaland if @mademoiselle is watching the Werewolf drama wholeheartedly like that. :lmao2:

I definitely feel like it's been a slow drama year. There hasn't been that many dramas that I've loved wholeheartedly and nothing that I've been seriously obsessed with. I think Bloodhounds is so far the best drama of this year for me. Heartbeat , while not amazing in the story pacing department, has probably been the most entertaining mild romance. I also really liked Delivery Man. Was Alechemy of Souls 2  this year as well? That would make it 3 romances I liked - most of them being fantasy-romances. Everything else has been good, but not amazing or not exactly my cup of tea. It's been a weird year! :idk:

At least it's going well in the non-romance department coming up. Really looking forward to The Uncanny Counter being back, as well as D.P :heart: I already watched the first ep of Uncanny Counter and I felt like it was pretty good - already exciting and funny with good pacing. The bad guys look badddd as well, which is what I want :pandaevil:

On 7/26/2023 at 1:08 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Dont know how they will communicate @mademoiselle@Tofulols... Btw this J actor is Seo Kang Joon look alike.

Hahaha, do you guys remember when they did this with Taiwanese dramas? I'm mainly looking at @Tofu and maybe @mademoiselle. I always forget and then get surprised again when I realise George Hu and Park Shin hye were in a drama together - Hayate the Combat Butler . I remember thinking that it looked sooooo awkward a lot of the time due to the dubbing, though the actors themselves were not completely terrible at acting and tried their hardest to build chemistry. It was an early Taiwanese series though, so you know, it was very exagerated.

Anyway, maybe I'll watch this J Drama Tea since this J actor looks pretty and this pairing is cute...and I'm curious about how they'll communicate as well (probably with lots of translators on site!) :laugh:

On 7/26/2023 at 1:43 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Yes @JenLI was a bit dissapointed with last 2 episodes too. It did slowed down the drama a lot and I particularly not so fond with 2nd FL. I was hoping they can brought both lead closer, but so far it only create even more distance between them.

But I quite like that he seems to miss IH a lot and saying : Separated for 1 day can be equal to many years and vice versa. This is quite a great revelation to his current own feelings, which he might or might not yet realised the depth of it. 

I have no 2nd ML syndrome too, but there are some things I appreciate for his character : 1) He gave IH a lot of space to be with herself when she's upset 2) He quietly make her happy by faking the lottery for free dining 3) The apartment he rented out for her is gorgeous! Old style but very classic. Okay I'm clearly a material girl ? :laugh:Irl I maybe will pick him, instead of having to sacrifice myself to be the source of blood ? 🤣🤪

Glad I wasn't the only one who was angsty with all those second lead scenes! It was seriously putting me off last week when they kept showing second FL and second ML. I felt like the main couple have barely realised they liked each other and would never have the time to because they were spennding so much time with second leads (never thought I would ever say those words as a person who almost always has second lead syndrome! :laugh:)

I think the whole storyline with the 2nd FL being the past lover is so strong and it kinda hurts because it takes away time from the main pair. But I'm glad they decided to amp up the tension between the main pair this week (I see you've written a post about it! So will reply to that then)

Hahaha I see what you like about the 2nd ML @SilverMoonTea and it's called money :MeowthM::pandatakeit::laugh:

On 7/26/2023 at 1:57 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Forgot to reply @JenL's second question, sorry I'm so chatty but forgetful :laugh:

As of Revenant, me and @mademoisellecan survive it. So I guess it's not too scary ? I have low tolerance to ghosts too nowadays... I can't even finishing The Ghost Detective because it's too disturbing for me. Not to mention The Guest, I runaway when the drama just starting for a few mins :laugh:

But some scenes of Revenant did give me some goosebumps, especially when she suddenly laugh or acting maniacally. Great storyline and have a good pace, just some few episodes a bit stretching and just like a filler gap. No handsome oppas bare in mind haha, but in the end I started to think the young detective a bit cute. Haha.... 

Hahaha what you're describing already scares me!!! I don't like scary laughing. I am a big chicken :lettalKWA:

Also just how young is your young detective? :thinking:

On 7/26/2023 at 2:04 AM, Chocolate said:

No, it's not horror scary. It's more a mystery thriller. Very good.

Oooh if you put it like that, I'd be intersted. I don't have any issues with thrillers :heiboi:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 7/26/2023 at 6:07 PM, mademoiselle said:

Not the first time because in Bloodhounds, there's no second lead syndrome too. Is there? LOL

Hahaha in Bloodhounds I had dual lead sydrome - when you love both leads because they're both hot :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And then they loved each other because the bromance was strong in that series :wow:

95% not scary. There is that 5% where:

1) The eye from the opening theme ALWAYS bugs me and I almost ALWAYS forget to avoid it when I click play on Kissasian!

2) Some jumpy/eerie bits - but very rare.

Ughhh, I keep going back and forth on whether I want to watch this. This still sounds scary to me, even in the 5%. I think it'll be a miss for now because I am weak and cannot take the occasional jump scare :shocked:

King The Land: Quoting @Chocolate, why all the rational people still watching a drama with no plot? For me is, why are people even loving this drama and making it so popular? It's misleading!

See You in My 19th Life: Episode 3-5 were good and later on it becomes draggy. I did not like the ending. It isn't logical to me.

Revenant: So so for me actually. I also find it draggy. Only the latest episodes I'm more engaged again because we're nearing the end, so the mystery is being unravelled.

Heartbeat: At one point I was bored, I was contemplating trying but then I remember @SilverMoonTea can drop drama like the next day so I decided to wait. xD And voila, she's lost interest and also, like Tea, I dislike the second FL.

I wanna sell you Hidden Love, Jen. Can you try it out and see if it is your cuppa? It is on Netflix. Good visuals of the OTP for one, secondly they can act, and thirdly, this story kind of brings back some nostalgic memories of our own past crushes. Hehehe.

Haha this post totally supports what I said before about this year's drama being rather lacklustre :heiboi:

About Heartbeat - it's definitely not the strongest story-telling in a drama, but I think I'm a little too charmed by the silly vampire world and the cute vampire-wanting-to-be-human-to-experinece-true-love portrayed by Ok Taec-Yeon. I've never been a fan of his in the Kpop world, but he has me good in this drama (Funnily enough, I also didn't realise that I'd seen him before in real life when he was at the height of his Kpop fame in 2PM and came down to Australia for that giant Kpop concert that I alway talk about going to because it;s the only Kpop concert I've ever bothered to go to :laugh:). 

What's Hidden Love? Is it a Chinese romance? :thinking:

Yeah the last 3 episodes were a bit lacklustre. And yes, agree even though episode 6 was brutal, but it was action packed adrenaline rush kind of drama, especially the first 6. I had fun.

Yeah, I think after the bloodfest, they changed almost all the characters and it was hard to feel as attached to them when you'd really loved all the first people you met. Still, I didn't mind this...but the ending in the very last episode felt anti-climatic to me because they just fight the guys, but they don't show them dying or going to jail. Then Siwan's character ends up getting all the money (except for like 2 gold bars which he gives to them) and he says he'll use the gold to "start a charity" which I don't know if he'd actually do...and in any case, I don't think he deserved the gold bars because he was a coward for most of the series. And Kim Sae Ron's character never comes back or makes contact again? I suppose she's only just come back from a very big scandal irl so maybe it's wasn't realistic to make her character a super likeable hero. But still, it would have been nice even if she sent them a blank postcard from Italy or something like that to tie up that loose end. Also the last scene with the mum at the orphantage just didn't hit me as hard as it could have? :idk:

Still I really liked Bloodhounds for the main 2 characters, the bromance, the evil bad guys (I'd just fnished watching Park Sung Woong not long ago in Unlock the Boss where he was the boss, so it was fun to see him being a real jerk) and the bloodfest :heiboi:

So what does Taecyeon's character need from FL?

On 7/26/2023 at 10:56 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Drinking her blood ofc @mademoiselle no need rocket scientist hahahaha... but the blood need to be full with love. If he want to become full human. 

Haha, Yep, the obvious answer is th correct one.

But Taec-Yoen made it hot because the FL is like "What do you need from me?"

And then he looks at her and is like, "Your love. I need your love."

:heart:

*conveniently removes the main part about it being in her blood which he needs to drink* :lenny:

14 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLDid u see their dance ??!!?? Love that vintage party... So dreamy. Taecyeon is just wow, he really nailed this role perfectly. Dang those 2nd lead now can eat their fingers, I was so annoyed with them and seems Doosik sunbae will turn into full blown evil who just want to save his own life. 

The thing with Hae Won, he did make her confuse 😅 So it's sort of hard to blame her, I really hope our vampire can finally make up his mind. He's like being step into two boats nowadays. And that Mr. Cat can see through all this when he said things will become complicated. 

@SilverMoonTea I did!!! :heart: I also really liked that dance and the fact that they were both at a vintage party. Her dress was really nice too. You know how sometimes the female lead is meant to come out in an amazing dress but it's kinda cringe? This was actually nice - the dress was really pretty and vampire Taec-Yeon was admiring but not over the top. 

Hahaha, yeah I can't stand either 2nd lead. Doosik wants to eat his heart?! :psweatduck: Like that's pretty messed up! But I knew as soon as they showed the modern day that Doosik would end up being the descendant of the humans that was hunting Sun Woo Hyeol. Hae Won - yeah, I'll give her that point. Can't blame her because I'd be the same if a vampire like Taec-Yeon continued to pursue me  but then suddenly started liking his housemate :laugh: 

Make up your mind Woo Hyeol! The only choice should be In Hae! :pandacop:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

@JenL Alchemy of Souls 2 is 2022 drama.

Hidden Love - is a C-drama romance and no voice dubbing. I highly recommend trying a few episodes! I am curious to know if you'll love it. There are a lot of tractions internationally and on social media (maybe due to it available of NF). The leads have really good chemistry. By the end of episode 2 I was pretty sold. Love that the ML was sweet and observant of her "girly situation" and both him and her brother bought sanitary pads and a skirt for her. As of now, there is no memorable romantic couple for me this year except this one. It's getting really rare these days—I find it'd usually be one couple per year nowadays.

Bloodhounds - Exactly! I was internally screaming, "Noooo! Don't let Siwon know about the gold bars!" And then voila, they piled it right in front of him and then he goes off with his amazing speech of setting up a fund to help people and all I could think of is, "Yeah right, you'll find ways to siphon them with some fancy good cause but in reality, it all goes into your pocket!" I don't know man, I guess I'm more jaded and don't believe in humans that much. LOL :lmao2:

Kim Sae Ron's situation is an unfortunate one. The production team can't even have her back at the end of the finale for a proper closing of the drama because of her scandal. I think it would have been an OK with DUI if she hadn't gone off posting on IG the rest of the things she did. People in general can be really cruel and critical. Like now, The Uncanny Counter 2 is getting some whiplash because of Cho Byeong Gyu's bully scandal. People still don't believe him and it doesn't look good when So Mun is a character that protects the weak and against bullying. I'm just going to believe he is innocent and enjoy the drama as is.

Revenant - Ahahaha. Do you have siblings or family member to watch it with you? I don't need one but I recommend watching during daytime so you won't be as scared if you are super chicken. I don't love it as much as the others so I won't sell it hard.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Do you like my new face @SilverMoonTea? Guess I'm a vampire now :heiboi:

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Alchemy of Souls 2 is 2022 drama.

Damn, I feel like a bad LJW fan now :psweatduck: Haha but I know season 2 was in Dec 2022. I did really like the show, but it was the weird fighting over the FL which I found off-putting on threads. Made it hard to discuss the drama wiithout being attacked!

Hidden Love - is a C-drama romance and no voice dubbing. I highly recommend trying a few episodes! I am curious to know if you'll love it. There are a lot of tractions internationally and on social media (maybe due to it available of NF). The leads have really good chemistry. By the end of episode 2 I was pretty sold. Love that the ML was sweet and observant of her "girly situation" and both him and her brother bought sanitary pads and a skirt for her. As of now, there is no memorable romantic couple for me this year except this one. It's getting really rare these days—I find it'd usually be one couple per year nowadays.

Hmmm maybe I'll give it a try. I've never been able to get into a C-Drama romance. I can't help but find the romances (that I've seen in the past up till now at least) to feel too mushy too quickly without that slow burn tension...buttttt maybe it's because I've never picked the right dramas for my taste before? :thinking: The only C-drama I loved was The Sleuth of the Ming Dynasty which I think was not anyone's cup of tea here, but quite popular on the webs for a very mild boys love/ bromance drama :idk:

Bloodhounds - Exactly! I was internally screaming, "Noooo! Don't let Siwon know about the gold bars!" And then voila, they piled it right in front of him and then he goes off with his amazing speech of setting up a fund to help people and all I could think of is, "Yeah right, you'll find ways to siphon them with some fancy good cause but in reality, it all goes into your pocket!" I don't know man, I guess I'm more jaded and don't believe in humans that much. LOL

Oh so glad that I was not the only one who felt like that!!! I was soooo skeptical that he wasn't just going to use it to build dud businesses, drink and gamble etc I think we're all pretty jaded, but can you blame us when Siwon's character was such a scaredy rich kid?!  :idk:

Kim Sae Ron's situation is an unfortunate one. The production team can't even have her back at the end of the finale for a proper closing of the drama because of her scandal. I think it would have been an OK with DUI if she hadn't gone off posting on IG the rest of the things she did. People in general can be really cruel and critical. Like now, The Uncanny Counter 2 is getting some whiplash because of Cho Byeong Gyu's bully scandal. People still don't believe him and it doesn't look good when So Mun is a character that protects the weak and against bullying. I'm just going to believe he is innocent and enjoy the drama as is.

I like KSR as an actress and think she's pretty and talented, but I think she did act pretty poorly and handled her social media very badly as well. Not that I think people should be unncessarily cruel, but I do understand why people are quick to anger when they hear her name. I think that she should have gone through rehab rather than get a fine...does that even fix a drinking problem?! :nervous:

I also wish the story telling of a drama wasn't affectd by this :cry:  They didn't need to give her a big scene, just a brief reference to her character would have helped heaps.

Oh nooo, I love The Uncanny Counter so far. If not guilty, I feel bad for CBG - from memory, I don't think there's substantial evidence of bullying? :thinking: It's one of those things where he was accused in the middle of the scanndal period and then it was a their word vs. his word type scendario, which is much harder to prove inocence in. I don't know - I feel like people need to address the casues of bullying and change the underlying culture. In any case, I hope it doesn't ruin the hard work of the other actors. :letalQQ:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

10 hours ago, JenL said:

I did really like the show, but it was the weird fighting over the FL which I found off-putting on threads. Made it hard to discuss the drama wiithout being attacked!

I think the thread here was fine though I made sure I don't comment on comparing the FL but if you talk about it in Oppa thread, you should be safe. Other platforms I think definitely is danger zone.

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Hmmm maybe I'll give it a try. I've never been able to get into a C-Drama romance.

Yes please give it a try. I really want to know if it speaks to you the same way it did for me. See it as a way for me to get to know what your taste is like for romance. They didn't get together very quick (that's KTL btw hahaha). There are few stages in the drama. Introduction, time jump, crush, interactions, misunderstanding led to 💔, time jump, meet again and then things pick up from there.

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Oh nooo, I love The Uncanny Counter so far. If not guilty, I feel bad for CBG - from memory, I don't think there's substantial evidence of bullying? 

There wasn't. He was the only one I read have classmates coming out to defend him. He was cleared but the general public doesn't seem to believe it. I don't actually know how bad it is or just a minority complaining. The rating for episode 2 did increase though so maybe just a minority making noises.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
On 7/30/2023 at 5:16 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Okay I'm adopting Ahn Jae Hyun, after 37 episodes Sometimes I'm a bit cruel and biased on oppa adoption selection hahahaa

OMG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I can't stop laughing because of this. :lmao2:

This just means that I have to catch up now because if you've adopted him....he must be super caring towards the baby, right?

@JenL The evil team is soooo good at being evil in Uncanny. The cast played some games recently (link in the drama thread) and the evil team won all the games. LOL!

----------------------------

Showing some love to Thai actors I recently have my eyes on. :wow:

I saw a couple of clips of Loneliness Society recently and thought Joss (ML) is quite adorable (his acting not so much, LOL!)

Joss.gif

Credit

Dew Jirawat is a rising actor in Thailand whose debut was playing Kim Bum's character in the Thai version of F4. 

a084e25d0126324075860ccdfed7c3eb4b0bfc26

Credit

He was recently photographed next to Hu Yitian at the Bottega Veneta fashion show. This is probably to promote his upcoming drama where he is playing Hu Yitian's character from A Love So Beautiful (so many remakes of this drama!). 

Spoiler

F1pa-JXJa-EAAd7-FA.jpg

Spoiler

And why not show a gif of him from the trailer of that drama? LOL!

b12ab06a22d27a02ef678d011239d0b68bb514cb

Credit

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

These Thai actors are not adopted?

Nope. I haven't watched them in a drama, so for now they are just eye candies. LOL! 

I just realized Taec must have made a strong impression on @JenL. She changed her DP to him. LOL! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1

@JenL I'm watching ep 11 now. Felt the time were freezing when they dance, and other guests seems as stunned as us. I appreciated now K drama has more dancing scenes, I always love a romantic dance scene, as in real life almost there is none, not even in wedding haha... 😅

And wow both second leads really showed that they're evil and crazy now. Take back my words about the 2nd ML :nervous:

@TofuTaec quite impressive here. He got adopted by me just by few episodes because the kiss was an electric shock. Not like AJH need to work hard for so many episodes :laugh:

Spoiler

Eakkk we got 2nd kiss!

Btw isn't @abs-oluteM want to watch this vampire? 😆

• Haha 5

Oh this is the reality travel show right ? @mademoiselle

On 8/1/2023 at 9:12 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw isn't @abs-oluteM want to watch this vampire? 😆

No time la . I have so many dramas , summore Nam Goong Min’s new drama air tonight. I must dedicate my time to him . 😆😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)