28 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle It shows 7 chapters because they want you to download the app to see the rest. It has over 100 chapters. :BulbaConfused:

Kim Bum is everything in season two. I wanted someone to make a video of them in S2, but it's all videos of Rang and the mermaid. I don't care about the mermaid! :GengarPout:

Eh hush I dont want to dampened madame mood to read, that's why I kept my silent hahahahaha... Yes just download webtoon add and daily have a ticket pass to read 1 chapter after you finished all the free one.

Btw @mademoiselleI also started this manga. It's off topic and random hahaha... So I put in spoiler. @Tofuthe story a bit like your Silent J drama, but I think this one shouldn't be that sad (hopefully)

Spoiler

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu @SilverMoonTea so it's not just 7 episodes but 100! Tea, that is false, misleading and deceptive advertising you did there 😆. Now I've lost my interest 🤣

One chapter per day is a torture.

Hide contents

Now other ways to read them for free as much as you will like per day?

The daily ticket is a bit confusing, now I got 8 free pass... haha 

I think no other way then involving money. Which I won't do it haha... Since I also just want to read in slow pace it's fine for me. 

Btw the J manga I read at least got some story. I surprised haha... because the girl have hearing issue, it makes it a bit different with all recent manga that normally just grab the girl and make out hahaha....

• Haha 3

@SilverMoonTea I think this was how I got drag into a novel before 😅. It was a contract marriage ones, hahaha! I read like over thousands of chapters. I was like, "NEED TO GET TO THE END..." and when I got there I realise, oh my god, it's never finished! It would release 4 chapters per day so I persisted on reading it until I eventually lost the web address on my phone so I never got to finish. I've mentioned it here before with @Tofu, LOLLL.

FzMuDYWaIAAXwby?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I haven't reached this episode but from the picture, first he looks angry... then

FzMuDaSaYAA0QNe?format=jpg&name=4096x409

He looks like he's soften up when she cried. Am I reading his emoting/expression right? @Tofu

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea Has he made any reference to 2PM's "Heartbeat" yet? Just how famous is this song? I knew about it because in Red Sleeve and after Red Sleeve, Jun Ho kept made singing/dancing to it. 😆

I think it didn't but I could be wrong. I never listening to Heartbeat 2PM haha... 

The OST actually a bit similar 

• Haha 3

I have to go back and read all the comments, but for now....

@mademoiselle Yes! It was that crazy story you were reading. I was waiting for you to tell me the ending and then you said the story was neverending! 

His expression does soften in that scene. Spoiler in the tag:

Spoiler

Sang Zhi heard that he started dating and she went to visit him. She felt he didn't keep his promise which was to tell her and also let her meet his girlfriend. 

At this point, he graduated and moved back to his hometown. She skips school and goes to visit him. He doesn't know it's for him because prior she pretended she was dating someone online. She told him and her family she was going there to meet her "online boyfriend". 

He comes to the airport (where these photos were taken) to get her and also yell at her about how dangerous meeting someone like that is. In the first photo he's upset with her. The second photo is after she told him that the online boyfriend doesn't like her. She says this because he shows up with his coworker, who she mistaken is the new girlfriend. Anyway, she's crying too so that's why he softens up. 

That clip of Victor Ma talking about how he is crying because Lusi is seen crying so much (when he is giving her a hug), it's after Jia Xu sends her back home. Yan picks her up from the airport and she just starts crying when she sees him. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
2 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Yes! It was that crazy story you were reading. I was waiting for you to tell me the ending and then you said the story was neverending!

I was diligently reading it even when I was travelling until ... I don't even remember how but I cleaned out my browsing history and lost the link (I didn't save it). So I never finish... I do wonder if the novel is now over. I've a feeling it hasn't ~ it's like a soap opera, except a "novel" version. :laugh:

Oh yay! I read his expression right! In that case, his acting isn't so bad. I remember you guys have commented he's not very strong in acting before..? Or maybe I misread. I'm at the earlier episode so I haven't really seen all sorts of emotions he can do yet.

• Haha 2

@mademoiselle Some webtoon note :

His father criticized his bangs hair, said it's not suitable in business setting. And he worried he won't get respect from other managing directors. Also SH have an inferiority about his hearing problem and said he was relying on his assistant to get it through group meeting. 

@LaLaobserved some difference :

- no swimming scene in webtoon

- no funeral at webtoon 

- no mysterious woman changing flower in webtoon 

She also agreed with me JE in webtoon slightly more tone down but quite straightforward as her drama counterpart.

I got to write it, else I will forgot all this the next day 😆

Tag @Tofu if it might be interesting for you.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

On 6/28/2023 at 6:55 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

the story a bit like your Silent J drama, but I think this one shouldn't be that sad (hopefully)

Report back on how you like it. I don't mind reading webtoons, but I tend to like them in color. I think most Japanese's webtoon are in black and white?

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh yay! I read his expression right! In that case, his acting isn't so bad. I remember you guys have commented he's not very strong in acting before..? Or maybe I misread. I'm at the earlier episode so I haven't really seen all sorts of emotions he can do yet.

I don't think he's Wu Lei's level, but he's so much better than some of the really popular actors (like Zhang Linghe who's getting all the lead roles because he's handsome -- ok, not sure if it's because he's handsome, but Chen Zheyuan is definitely a stronger actor). 

• Like 3

@SilverMoonTea OOo thanks! So the fringe, even though criticised, but he stuck to it anyway? The drama itself is more focus on character plot development and not so much on his workplace.

Oh yes, I do wonder who that lady changing the flowers is. A potential love enemy from Germany? 🤔

@Tofu

Chen Zhe Yuan - in general he's got the looks. Only little slight imperfection for me is the front of his nose a bit big and rounded. Other than that all good 😄. Lusi's BFF looked more handsome in photos (you've shared) than in the drama. I didn't find him cute. But I did laugh when he started crying in episode 3 after confessing to Sang Zhi. He reminds me again of ISWAK, the chef guy chasing Xiang Qin. I kept having some deja vu from watching the current one...

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
55 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Report back on how you like it. I don't mind reading webtoons, but I tend to like them in color. I think most Japanese's webtoon are in black and white?

Yes Japanese manga is on black & white. The story not bad, they become couple rather quickly. It will be made into anime. Maybe I'll just watch the anime haha...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tofu said:

I must not have done a good job promoting this gege of mine if you don't know him. He was my DP for a long time.

I really don't remember you have used CZY. LOL. Even the guy in your current DP I forgot who he is already. 😅 Your most memorable DP is still Eita (and Lei Lei). Maybe because of Lei's costume in TLB.

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I really don't remember you have used CZY. LOL. Even the guy in your current DP I forgot who he is already. 😅 Your most memorable DP is still Eita (and Lei Lei). Maybe because of Lei's costume in TLB.

Hahaha! I've changed DP quite a bit, but consistently, I feel like it's stayed CZY and WL in some way or another. Or at least, they are my longest DP. Currently, I have Chen Xingxu as my DP. He was the ML from The Starry Love, one of few Chinese dramas I actually finished this year. 

• Like 3

I think I will officially adopt this young actor , Bae Hyun Sung. I have to say he's impressed me with all his drama choices and characters.

Sorry no abs here :laugh: ...but this is his latest show

Spoiler

cms_temp_article_04110644254468.jpg

23 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Just Lei Lei. :lmao2:

Any news when his new drama will come out? The snow one?

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Any news when his new drama will come out? The snow one?

It just finished filming so probably not until closer to the end of this year. I think he's in the news linked to a new drama with Wan Peng (I like her). Here's the synopsis for the rumored drama: 

Spoiler

Lin Qile, a girl who lives in the hills of a small city, her nickname is Cherry, grew up surrounded by love. Surrounded by loving and enlightened parents and elders, sincere and lively friends and partners, familiar and warm plants and trees, her whole world is so bright that there is no shade of shadow. At the age of nine, she met a different person in her life-Jiang Jiaoxi, a transfer student from the provincial capital. Jiang Jiaoxi is incompatible with everything around him, whether it's his extraordinary mathematical talent, the "genius" aura he carries, or his gloomy and silent personality, superior but hidden secret family. Jiang Jiaoxi is like snow on a mountain, high and cold and pale, but Lin Cherry is like a small cluster of flames, persistently warming him, illuminating him, and accompanying him. I have a deep love for my youth, and I have a lot of heart in my life, but it is a pity that fate has its own twists and turns. In the following eleven years, they experienced separation, reunion, leaving without saying goodbye, and searching in a foreign land. Finally, at the age of 20, they received the precious gift of growth--the ability to bear each other's happiness. At this time, they are no longer the innocent children on the mountain construction site, but every memory of their growth is like amber, tough and clear, and healed for a lifetime.

Credit: @wpdailyupdates (on Twitter)

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

img-168794587945494b2a2b1b639ff09c782e75

I saw this edit on weibo @Tofu @abs-oluteM @Chocolate 🥲 would be nice they do a drama again.

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think I will officially adopt this young actor , Bae Hyun Sung.

Waaa, congratulations! I think I'll adopt Chen Zhe Yuan at the end of the drama, but he'll just be a fling, easily forgotten kind 😅 coz I have no urge to watch his other dramas.

@SilverMoonTea hahahaha I was just asking you elsewhere whether the kiss will make you drop the drama quicker. 😆

@Tofu the character description sounds interesting for Lei Lei (I need another Ling Bu Yi style)...but I'm concerned of the separation bit because I don't want it to be dramatic or makjang style if it is not a period drama.

Hidden Love's story is quite simple and their 2 years loss of contact made sense as well due to the circumstances.

• Haha 4
11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think I will officially adopt this young actor , Bae Hyun Sung.

I haven't watched him in anything else, but he's definitely caught my attention in Miraculous Brothers. :wow:

MB-01.gif

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm concerned of the separation bit because I don't want it to be dramatic or makjang style if it is not a period drama.

Haha! Maybe it'll be done the same way Hidden Love did it? That edit of Lusi and Lei Lei is so nice. It's the anniversary of LLTG, so that's probably why someone made that edit. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Waiting @Chocolate if she going to watch it. Isn't she Taecyeon closet fan? :lmao2:

@Chocolate is going to come in here all :BulbaConfused:. We all have dramas to sell to her. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I haven't watched him in anything else, but he's definitely caught my attention in Miraculous Brothers.

Don't you think he gives off Park Bo Gum vibe? He was in Extraordinary You, playing Lee Jae Wook's younger brother. He's one of the twins in Hospital Playlist. He was in Our Blues and Gaus Electronics.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Haha! Maybe it'll be done the same way Hidden Love did it? That edit of Lusi and Lei Lei is so nice. It's the anniversary of LLTG, so that's probably why someone made that edit. 

:letalQQ: so same time last year I was in love with these two... I kind of miss them although I guess now I've moved on because Lusi and Chen Zhe Yuan make a lovely onscreen couple too.

• Haha 4