@Tofu Not sure how serious it is. It wasn't reported, and he's been hiding it as much as he could even during this current FM, quite aware each time to pull his sleeve up except this white suit. The cut looks deep, considered it has already happened since May. I recently was cut by the crab's claw when eating raw soy sauce crab. For a few weeks, it looks like my finger had an open mouth. But now the scar is faint compared to his. P.S. Reason I know the timeline is because he was caught by sharp-eyed fans still wearing a bandage during CK event.

ssstwitter-com-1703745936464.gif

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone! I feel like it's been a little while since I checked in - It's been very busy socially this year already :psweatduck:

Also I haven't watched any dramas because a work mate convinced me to watch Singles Inferno and while I hate reality TV, it was like crack -  the fake dating lives of a bunch of conventionally attractive strangers is so oddly addictive :shocked: I don't know why I wasted my time watching 3 girls go after Gwan Hee who was neither good looking nor charismatic. :nervous:

Anyway, I wasted precious drama watching time watching that, but sometimes you just need something that involves no thinking :idk: 

What's everyone watching at the moment??? I see a lot of good dramas about to come out! I'm probably going to watch Doctor Slump (Sorry @mademoiselle!) and looking forward to the rest of Death's Game and  A Killer Paradox...what else is good at the moment???

On 12/6/2023 at 11:52 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Too many kisses , against the economic rules. When there is scarcity it's become more desirable lols.

Hahaha This is how I feel too. If too mushy, I'm slightly sick of the romance. If teasing the romance, I'm more likely to become more addicted :idk:

On 12/7/2023 at 11:17 PM, mademoiselle said:

Mannnn so cheesy ...but like my fangirl heart really approves this  :pandahehe::BulbaOWO::laugh: Taecyeon was probably my strongest adoption last year and that was not god tier. But he's still pretty cuteeee 

On 12/28/2023 at 2:15 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLnot much only 24 oppas :laugh:But I felt like this year no strong attachment to anyone. I think JDY is the cutest perhaps haha....

@Darkarcana Long time not talk, yes also shocked with LSK. Tbh I was slightly judging him too, not so much on drugs but on his possible cheating. Because he looked like 100% family man in Train to Siberia. But I guess its also a reminder to myself that everyone making mistake in their life. 

Hahahaha only 24 Oppas?! Hope your KPIs are higher this year! :lmao2: Yeah 2023 was definitely a year of 'no strong attachements' ...Hope this year brings you more attractive Oppas though!

On 12/7/2023 at 11:26 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I also forgot did I or not 😆 Ok I did and can't even finish his drama 😅

I think you did adopt him and then unadopted him :laugh:

On 12/8/2023 at 12:29 AM, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I look at my list every year and think I should unadopt a few of them too. I realize later that I like the character they played but into the actor as much. 

I definitely mistake wayyy too many actors for the characters they play...but still, they sit in the lower adoption tiers till the next good drama they do comes along :yayaya:

On 12/8/2023 at 9:18 AM, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu

From the last 3-4 years list, I feel like un-adopting Kim Seon Ho, Choi Bo Min, Tang Jun Sang, Yang Yang, Lee Jun Ho, Lee Soo Hyuk, Kim Min Gyu. Lei Lei is in grave danger, too. Not even sure I should keep Kim Beom now that the spell of him being a fox is over. :nervous:  Reason being there is no love. LOL

Hahaha Kim Min Gyu and Kim Seon Ho are also unadopted for me, though they were already on very weak tiers. 

But your list is brutal ...so many getting the axe :laugh:

On 12/8/2023 at 12:17 PM, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I think I adopt oppas, but it's really the VIP oppas I care about. Do you have someone else on your VIP island besides Rowoon? 

Me too!!! There's only a handful that I care about :BulbaOWO:

On 12/28/2023 at 9:17 AM, mademoiselle said:

Even though Rowoon is my VIP oppa, but I'm definitely not his VIP fan. Sharp eyes fans would go through fire to observe him under the microscope. Thanks to them, I get to know how bad his injury to his arm is now. They said it was from a sword fight scene in Destined With You. Since then, he's been wearing nothing but long sleeve to conceal the scar from public eyes.

Oh no hope his injury got better!!! :letalQQ: That looks like quite a big scar

@abs-oluteM I only have 2 adoption this year, too. Kim Beom and Chen Zhe Yuan. Though I would say Kim Beom is dropping quick in the list 😅, which is why now I'm reluctant to adopt too many, and hence Chae Jong Hyeop hadn't made the cut... need something more solid from him.

Sad that Chae Jong Hyeop did not make the list. One day, he'll get under your skin the way he has for @Tofu and me. I died when he wore that uniform. Can we please have a drama of him as a navy officer or something? :wow:

Do they have behind the scenes for this scene? Wouldn't mind checking it out. I tagged you somewhere too re: Ethan Ruan talking about his butt with his co-star. Tell me you saw that!

Hahaha they probably do have some sort of behind the scenes. I have to admit my balance has been off last year - I barely watched any Taiwanese dramas or BTS last year. But hoping to get back into the sync of things espcially with the Alice/Jasper/Paul drama coming out this year :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 12/29/2023 at 5:40 AM, Tofu said:

I have decided to adopt this jealous man. :lmao2:

Yesssss! I'm glad you see the beauty in Steven Noh! I always found it hard to believe that Kim Go Eun's character in Pachinko choose Lee Min Ho (in her heart) over Steven Noh. Like girl are you blind?

On 12/29/2023 at 5:35 PM, mademoiselle said:

The fans said it was from an action scene in DWY

Not worth it in my opinion. How is his new project The Matchmakers? Should I watch it? I do like Choi Yi Hyun. I'm not a big lover of historical dramas though as you know :thinking:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

What do u think of them @Chocolate

Hmmm, not much online. 2nd time working together. They play a fake married couple. They say themselves that they are close friends.

Here's a clearer video. At 4.14, they are sitting quite closely and angled to each other. Also a few parts they were sharing some laughs between them. You don't see her with KWB like that.

Here at 28.00, you see the part where he notices she was crying. But unlike the tweet which seemed to show that he was looking at her from the side, he actually only turned to her when a staff brought tissues to her. He seemed more curious/amused that she was crying instead of lover-like concern, especially as he looked at KWB too.

So I think, they are close friends. For now. If they were together, they wouldn't be so obvious, unless both are the kind that doesn't mind the public knowing. But, they obviously like each other as friends, so there is potential!

Have I covered all my bases so I could be right whatever happens? 😂

30 minutes ago, JenL said:

Also I haven't watched any dramas because a work mate convinced me to watch Singles Inferno and while I hate reality TV, it was like crack -  the fake dating lives of a bunch of conventionally attractive strangers is so oddly addictive  I don't know why I wasted my time watching 3 girls go after Gwan Hee who was neither good looking nor charismatic. 

Anyway, I wasted precious drama watching time watching that, but sometimes you just need something that involves no thinking  

I sooooo understand this! Late last year, I was also in a drama slump and only wanted to watch reality. I even watched Physical 100! But I drew the line at Singles Inferno hahaha.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 5

Happy New Year @JenL.

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha Kim Min Gyu and Kim Seon Ho are also unadopted for me, though they were already on very weak tiers. But your list is brutal ...so many getting the axe

I didn't even know you adopted Kim Min Gyu and Kim Seon Ho (since Start-Up?). I left them in the adoption list, but they aren't in the heart anymore. Hahaha!

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Sad that Chae Jong Hyeop did not make the list. One day, he'll get under your skin the way he has for @Tofu and me. I died when he wore that uniform. Can we please have a drama of him as a navy officer or something?

I can see his charm, actually. I just need a boost with the character he plays to help me love him more than just a fling. I'm checking out his Jdrama later. I see you already tweet about it. Will you watch together with us?

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Yesssss! I'm glad you see the beauty in Steven Noh! I always found it hard to believe that Kim Go Eun's character in Pachinko choose Lee Min Ho (in her heart) over Steven Noh. Like girl are you blind?

True. I didn't know why she liked LMH's character, but then, I also think it could be because she met him first, not Steven's character. And don't people always say women are drawn to dangerous/bad men (red flags)? P.S. Not Kim Go Eun (this one is Eternal Monarch). Will you watch Pachinko 2? Will Steven Noh appear again as a memory?

7 hours ago, JenL said:

What's everyone watching at the moment??? I see a lot of good dramas about to come out! I'm probably going to watch Doctor Slump (Sorry @mademoiselle!) and looking forward to the rest of Death's Game and  A Killer Paradox...what else is good at the moment??

Why are you apologising re: Dr. Slump? Death's Game is superb. The pace of the drama is just right, too. I would imagine you already have watched because of Lee Jae Wook! His performance in here is really good! I just wish he could have the same chance for his own leading roles! Look forward to seeing his upcoming 2 dramas.

I'm watching Welcome to Samdalri, Marry My Husband, My Demon, My Man is Cupid and Like Flowers in Sand. They are still airing, so I'm not selling these dramas to you in case they went downhill. Personally, I am enjoying My Demon a lot - it's an easy and entertaining watch with two beautiful people. And then there are the more "meaningful" type of dramas such as Samdalri and Flowers in Sand.

Samdalri in the beginning can be a bit difficult to watch, but once you hit around episode 4 where the drama delve into the precious friendships and family bonds, I love it. Like Flowers in Sand, I just really like Jang Dong Yoon's character and the backdrop of the story where he's a ssireum player is kind of different and refreshing. Both has small town, village-type story.

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Not worth it in my opinion. How is his new project The Matchmakers? Should I watch it? I do like Choi Yi Hyun. I'm not a big lover of historical dramas though as you know 

It's more worth it than being in The Matchmakers. There was no outstanding performance like he did for Shin Yu, as Sim Jung Woo was quite mediocre. It's a 中規中矩 drama. Kinda bland, even in terms of story. Cho Yi Hyun's character is not very interesting, too. Can you tell I'm not happy with this drama? LOL! I have trouble deciding which sageuk character I liked better if I had to rate them, i.e. Matchmakers vs King's Affection. I don't think I like either very much. I'll take it as him practising sageuk (and sageuk tone), but at the moment, I prefer watching him in modern drama.

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I sooooo understand this! Late last year, I was also in a drama slump and only wanted to watch reality. I even watched Physical 100! But I drew the line at Singles Inferno hahaha.

Weren't you also preoccupied with Ha Seok Jin's variety? I'm not a big fan of reality TV involving people finding love on national TV. Because it always becomes scandalous and b*tchy. Also, I don't like that they called it "reality TV" when we know it isn't. I would watch travel + eating shows but draw the line at shows like The Bachelor, Bachelorette and Singles Inferno. I rather waste 12 hours of my time on illogical drama such as Park's Marriage Contract than this. LOL.

This girl should grab a lotto... they have no idea how hard it is for me to "meet" a celeb by chance (and note, I'm not saying Oppa).

• Haha 4
35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Ha Seok Jin having an FM in SG. @SilverMoonTea asked me to let you know.

I went to NZ and came back cured! I'm also not paying $200+ to stand! 😅

Standard:
THE GENERAL (STANDING): S$258
THE HEALER (STANDING): S$228
THE MAGE (SEATED): S$128
THE ARCHER (SEATED): S$98

ecap2402031400_Problematic.jpg

Ticket Entitlement

Spoiler

The General (Standing):
-    Admission to the fan meet.
-    Hi-touch with artiste.
-    Poster
-    Group photo
-    Lucky Draw for an autographed poster 

The Healer (Standing):
-    Hi-touch with artiste.
-    Poster
-    Lucky Draw for an autographed poster

The Mage (Seated):
-    Poster

The Archer (Seated):

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
55 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Wah, so expensive! Unless you really love him, I would say just go for the cheapest! 😆 @Chocolate

Haha. Then he will be so small I might as well watch him on TV hahaha.

This is a small theatre. Only about 1,000 pax but seats are very comfortable. But since standing only, maybe can fit more people. I'm surprised he has that many fans in Singapore. Will read the news to see if the theatre will be full.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Chocolate I think it make sense hahahaha, thanks for the detailed analysis until doing some research too :lmao2: It was said KTR never had dating experience. And she was saying she will come to accompany him shooting and she just spent her time reading book there. Idk it sounds so much effort unless you like the guy 😂

As of HSJ what he's going to do in fan meeting btw lols? I think only when Cheng Yi came I will try to make some effort. Idk like you said I'm fine just seeing them on tv too... no energy to go and see them physically 😆

@JenL Finally there is someone who watching Single Inferno S3 :thinking: I was alone this whole time watching this rubbish but endearing dating show:laugh: . I also had no idea why Gwan Hee so watchable lols when he's not handsome nor charismatic. The way he forever confuse is just quite amusing to me. And I had to admit he had some confidence only people with old money can have (heard he's from influential rich family). Among 3 seasons I somehow drawned more to this S3 the best. Jin Seok and Ha Jeong also quite amusing to me with their friendship and witty lines. Actually none of them as beautiful and as charismatic as Song Ji A from S1, but this season is the most fun. The panelist also cracked me often with all their comments. And can you believe I have hard time finished any K dramas recently, but I finished this :lmao2:

@mademoiselle I actually also started to become impatient with Cupid, it's just running in circle. And I dont like the romance with other 2 past lives girls. I mean it's just like he have 3 girlfriends lol, so the romance with OBR felt downgraded to me. Luckily he's so handsome here, so I still stay.

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 1/12/2024 at 1:58 AM, Chocolate said:

Hahahaha yeah, it's weird! I don't know why I've sunken so low as to watch Single Inferno when I swore I never would!!! I feel like I'm waiting for all my shows to come out at the moment so I don't think I've watched anything new recently. I'm still finishing Moving - I don't know if I'm in love with the show as much as other people were, but it's still a fun watch. I'm probably not as addicted because I'm not live watching it...which means I take forever to complete it :heiboi:

On 1/12/2024 at 9:23 AM, mademoiselle said:

I didn't even know you adopted Kim Min Gyu and Kim Seon Ho (since Start-Up?). I left them in the adoption list, but they aren't in the heart anymore. Hahaha!

Hahaha I don't think I've written my list anywhere so it's all from memory. Both were super weak adoptions to begin with...and now both have faded considerably. I think I couldn't get past KMG's long hair (and poor wattpad storyline) in The Heavenly Idol and KSH...well, I got the ick after the scandal. I don't think people should be cancelled necessarily, but for each actor, there's a period of testing the waters. This one has drown in the waters for me unfortunately :idk:

I can see his charm, actually. I just need a boost with the character he plays to help me love him more than just a fling. I'm checking out his Jdrama later. I see you already tweet about it. Will you watch together with us?

Fair enough :heiboi: I agree CJH hasn't taken any strong enough roles which has emphasised his charms. They need to utilise his puppy dog cuteness in all its glory :heart: Yep, totally going to check out his Jdrama! I went through a phrase last year where I watched like 3-4 Jdramas in a row after years of not watching any. Looking forward to this one though! Is it out yet??? Does @Tofu know?

True. I didn't know why she liked LMH's character, but then, I also think it could be because she met him first, not Steven's character. And don't people always say women are drawn to dangerous/bad men (red flags)? P.S. Not Kim Go Eun (this one is Eternal Monarch). Will you watch Pachinko 2? Will Steven Noh appear again as a memory?

I think from memory of the book, he's meant to be 'handsome' and also as you say, the 'bad boy' syndrome. I think she comes to accept her husband, but I don't it's quite the passionate love she had for LMH. Which is ew since that character he plays is a creep.

Ohhh right. I mixed up the co-stars :laugh: It's Kim Min-Ha. I was wondering why I picked it up when I thought it was KGE hahaha

I'll watch Pachinko 2 since Steven Noh is in it and he makes for a hot pastor :laugh:

Why are you apologising re: Dr. Slump? 

Hahaha isn't it your unholy pairing of Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik? :laugh:

Death's Game is superb. The pace of the drama is just right, too. I would imagine you already have watched because of Lee Jae Wook! His performance in here is really good! I just wish he could have the same chance for his own leading roles! Look forward to seeing his upcoming 2 dramas.

I loved Death's Game! It was fun and gruesome at times, but also sad annd meaningful at others. I was really touched by the LJW storyline, but wished he could have had longer :pandahehe:  I've liked all of LJW's characters so far in all his dramas, but understand some of the disappointments people have had about the storylines. Anyway, this is a LJW year and I'm really looking forward to his 2 upcoming dramas :BulbaOWO::wow:

Oh, just realised it's 2:15am :lettalKWA: I shall resume responses tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Does @Tofu know?

I follow so many CJH fan accounts, I know what he's doing and what songs he's listening to all the time. :lmao2:

Out of all the people who went to fashion week in Milan, I think Lee Jae Wook had the best look. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 1/12/2024 at 7:30 PM, Chocolate said:
On 1/12/2024 at 6:51 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Ha Seok Jin having an FM in SG. @SilverMoonTea asked me to let you know.

I went to NZ and came back cured! I'm also not paying $200+ to stand! 😅

So the love has died down a little? Completely? :laugh:

@JenL I just finished Death's Game too and that was such a good show. Jae Wook was great and even in prisoner's clothes , he was charismatic and handsome. Actually I love all the actors they chose - pretty perfect for their respective roles.

@SilverMoonTea @mademoiselle I am not watching Marry My Husband yet, no time.  I need to keep some time for my Wu Lei . @Tofu says the airing date of his new drama will be soon. 

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

On 1/14/2024 at 2:39 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

It was said KTR never had dating experience. And she was saying she will come to accompany him shooting and she just spent her time reading book there. Idk it sounds so much effort unless you like the guy 😂

Woah, that's true! Maybe got potential, but not together yet.

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So the love has died down a little? Completely?

Zilch! 😂

It's a bit like Elvis Han for you. There's nothing to watch. Plus what there is, he's not a very good actor 🤣 His Youtubes are also boring - I don't why he's like marketing vacuum cleaners and such 😂 But I have to say during his Problematic Men days, when he was younger, tan and great haircut, he looked pretty hot... that seems all gone now 😅

• Haha 5