River Where The Moon Rises/The Moon Rising River 달이 뜨는 강 [2021]

Tofu

This is so funny.

Kidding aside, this week is dedicated to Go Geun, and how he will be torn between serving the Princess versus loving her. It worked, given the hurdles behind the scenes, and In Woo's patched scenes were effectively done. 

I also like the dynamics of Mo Yong and Ga Jin, who represents different country , but having the same goal--of not being overpowered by scheming tribes. They still have a long way to go .

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Just done with ep 8 before going to work. I'm so thrilled! It's really intense seeing how PG fight those sly offcials. I love every PG's lines KSH delivers there, I am waiting since forever to see her in action. Love that part really! I think not many kdrama tell us the story of a brilliant princess, so having queen choerin in Mr. Queen and PG now are so exciting. 

The king is too weak cuz he listens too much to what gochujang man told him, I see that he could be prefectly  restore his dignity as a king when PG is around him, just like what the late queen did. It is why GWP sees her as his big threat. 

I see that HMY is finally falling for GG as the summary described. It's just how she ends up falling for him? Lol. Poor GG, his love slowly turns to ashes. This guy is really broken heart knowing that his girl in loved with are falling for other man. Hope he stays loyal on her side even she doesn't have tue same feeling at him. I will cheer you up GG! Seeing the preview is so sad! 

@bluepebbles lols, that bird meme new Ondal's black mood all this week. I see that it's so hard to act alone and pretend he was with them to film it. Let's see how he'll really plays next week. I am trying to get over my SLS so hope his appearance later will do a help. 

@Tofu let's we call him gochujang man, lol. So we could lessen our dejection over his beyond evil deeds! Should we list them here, killing the queen, framing her as a chester while he was the one who cheat to the king's cocubine! 

I may go out of topic a bit so all go inside below ya, 😄

Spoiler

Yay, you see it would be so wonderful if they bring KHN back as Ondal, and all this SLS started because I am not really feeeling it for JS as Ondal. ok, I will stop to imagine something that never gonna happen. Lols. You know I see some clips people posting on IG for wang wook scenes in MLSHR. It was really good to see him there. Everyone fall for wang soo and I like him too but stragely I also developed symoathy for WW at beginning episodes, the chsracter he played never be my book, but somehow I like his acting and how he emotes so well portraying WW. 

• Haha 3

@bluepebbles - Thank you for the recap! That was really helpful to read before I went to work this morning. When I saw On Dal and Go Geon on the horses, I thought "here's the horse racing scene Lyra wrote about!". Haha! I agreed that this week's episode were about Go Geon. He has to choose between his filial duty and his duty as a general of the nation. Along with this, like you said, he has to decide between loving the Princess and serving her.

I'm glad that Go Geon made his feelings be known to Pyeong Gang at the end of the episode even though I think he knew she was going to reject him. He still did it anyway because it was important to him that she knew, he was all in for her and not his father. 

5 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The king is too weak cuz he listens too much to what gochujang man told him, I see that he could be prefectly  restore his dignity as a king when PG is around him, just like what the late queen did. It is why GWP sees her as his big threat.

Agreed! I'm curious as to how it the state of the palace became what it is, how did Gochujang get so powerful right under the King's nose? :pandathink:

@Alice Wonderland - Let's be honest, we just want Kang Ha Neul in everything. :eeeee:It would make things so much easier if he was. I can't remember what happened in Scarlet Heart anymore. Sometimes I want to pretend I didn't watched that because so many crazy things happened in it. Haha! By the way, sudden realization that Kang Ha Neul is now Na In Woo's father. :laugh:

How are we going to choose between these two? :letalQQ:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

@Tofu ikr!! Me and my friends at work are gushing over this during our lunch. Lols. One of my friends said, how come the father is much handsome than the son (refering to the old Ondal) and today I tell her about tje new Ondal, she wasnt aware too much to K-entertainment news cuz she basically a new fan of kdrama and solely for watching. So she got shocked why he got replaced and asked who is the new actor ppaying Ondal, I told her that he was Mr. Queen's cousin. She said why dont they just bring back the late father to be the adult Ondal just like how they put KSH back as PG. Lols.

In this scene, to me NIW looks like actor Chun Jung Myung in Cinderella Stepsister, 

Spoiler

Chun-Jung-myung.gif

giphy.gif

Sigh...I feel bad seeing GG are crying for his love. Poor baby oppa, he wont get the girl here. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I always planned to pick up this drama at some point because of Kang Haneul but now I am thinking of doing it earlier because I feel like the staff needs to be appreciated for all the hard work they are doing to facilitate the re-shoots. I am also rather curious about Na In Woo's acting because of how hard Koala's site is coming down hard on him but yet the comments on twitter and JH have been overwhelmingly positive. What do you all think about that?

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Jane i heard about some watchers not favoring NIW for the role yet overall including Naver talk have positive and encouraging responses for this drama. Apparently Naver Talk shoot from 40k comments to 60k after the new Ondal was announced. 

While I am anticipating for more Inwoondal on episodes 7-8 I really appreciate the director decision to focus on Go Geun. Maybe we have more scenes of Ondal-Ga Jin on these episodes but the shift made me appreciate the Go Geun character even more. Lee Ji Hoon is breaking my kokoro while mourning for his rejected proposal 😭.

@mademoiselleeven before the change of actors, the drama is so good production wise—the cinematography and costumes are so well made. I am glad despite the editing made in 7-8 the production quality was intact. I was initially worried about this but wow to director Yoon Sang Ho for redoing the material in a short period of time.

speaking of last minute changes, when PD offered the script to NIW and decided to appear, he went directly to filming the following day. Definitely insane when we think of NIW immersing on the role, memorize lines, talking to a camera imagining he is facing with his co-actors. Majority of the review articles came out say that “as if he is destined as Ondal from the very beginning”. He also got nicknames like puppy ondal :GrimChamp:

@Alice Wonderland i miss PIE when i saw that gif 😭😭 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

2 hours ago, Jane said:

I always planned to pick up this drama at some point because of Kang Haneul but now I am thinking of doing it earlier because I feel like the staff needs to be appreciated for all the hard work they are doing to facilitate the re-shoots. I am also rather curious about Na In Woo's acting because of how hard Koala's site is coming down hard on him but yet the comments on twitter and JH have been overwhelmingly positive. What do you all think about that?

I honestly stopped reading there long ago, I only come for drama news or so. I'm not sure cuz we just see a glimpse of him here plus he did it alone and pretend he acted with those actors from the start. That is good I think. It's not easy to translate the emotion while you just imagine that those people you're interacting just from the screen or on your mind. But for everall portrayal we need to see him next week. 

But for the story content, I love it so far, at the early beginning I was conplain for the quick romance among Ondal and GJ. Lols. And you if you have read my ranting since weeks ago, I suffer SLS, that makes me even harder to focus on Ondal and GJ. But for the pilitical intrigue between the greedy tribes and PG are so interesting. KSH looks so elegant, brilliant and fiesty. I love how her voice timbre changes as she delivers the lines with charismatic. I love this typical female lead. And she is so pretty in all those royal gowns. I love how they dont braid the hair like in Joseon dynasty and let it long loose. 

22 minutes ago, bluepebbles said:

Lee Ji Hoon is breaking my kokoro while mourning for his rejected proposal 😭.

I'm mourning with you, huhuhu. And guess we will once again seeing him to get more heartbroken next episodes. Poor him, hope he doesnt turn evil and stays loyal to her and his country. 

PIE, I failed to dechiper this initials. You know I only could think it as pie, yea food. Hahaha

@Jane @mademoiselle come join us here, I feel like only 4 of us r watching this, 😆 come come... 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 4

Done reading, ouch!! Sad ending @bluepebbles ?? :shocked2:

The drama didnt follow exactly as the original story of it based on. But I still can get a core similarity from drama adaption with the it. The early prologue shows PG rushes to the battlefield and to help General Ondal and both are alive and win the war. But since they refilm it again, I am not sure how they'll continue with this. 

Anyway, good summary, so thankful to that perso who willingly posted it for us all. 

• Like 3

@Alice WonderlandYes , I am quite sad to with the ending, not sure if they drama will show it later on. Or just teasing us what could have become if they follow the summary religiously. 

We still have 11 episodes, and from the first eight , the drama is compact with a lot of events and plot development, which I am liking so far. It reminds me of sageuks like Six Flying Dragons (which fall i trailed to 50 episodes ) and Queen Seon Deok. 

The reference of Jumong was also spot on!

Knetz talks about the two shot of Actor Na Inwoo and Kim Sohyun for 'River Where The Moon Rises'.

d005016e6b70f6b464bbe435688d42c7.jpg

2d3ed86a2d47fd44275598574fe7a496_mp4.gif

5aa8037eefd59165a3ed584cc35abf42_mp4.gif

Post response : 1845

Netizens comments :

- Ah!! Is it photoshopped? Did they take it together?

- Their eyes ㅠㅠㅠ

- ㅠㅠㅠ It's amazing. 

- It looks good. 

- Oh my ㅠㅠㅠ I like it ㅠㅠ

- Sohyun smile makes me flustered. 

- They looks so good together. 

- Na Inwoo ㅠㅠ

- Wow, you look so good in the new actor Ondal.

- Wow the image looks good. 

source

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

@Alice Wonderland -- He does look a bit like CJM! In general, depending on the angle, I think he looks a bit like a lot of different actors. Kang Ha Neul has a new drama called Insider coming out in the second half of 2021 and also confirmed a movie not too long ago. I think he might be getting ready for those projects. Maybe that's why he couldn't come back to fulfill our wishes in River. :nervous:

@Jane - Like everyone has said, it's hard to really judge his acting in this week's episodes because his scenes were really minimal. I'm surprised people are already commenting on his acting and he did them without all the other actors. Did everyone suddenly forget that the main lead in this drama was removed and Na In Woo had to fill in in less than 24 hours, why so harsh? Haha! I almost feel like if people want to continue watch or want to watch this drama, they have to do so knowing the background of what happened to the production. There were scenes this week where I could tell it was Ji Soo just based off the body structure, but I just ignored it. Kang Ha Neul is the perfect reason to pick up a drama. Haha! I hope you watch it and stay for Kim So Hyun because she's pretty awesome as the Princess!

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

PIE, I failed to dechiper this initials. You know I only could think it as pie, yea food. Hahaha

I still don't know what this stands for because I can only think of the food, pie. :eeeee:

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Looking at the smiling princess and playful general go, aww.. 

They are all so playful and having so much fun! Even good to see Gochujang smile, didn't know he had it in him. LOL!

7 minutes ago, bluepebbles said:

I know! I heard that line and was like, "OMG! YESS!" Haha!! Then it reminded of me Song Il Gook and how he hasn't had a new drama in many years. :cry:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, -StrongTower- said:

Is this drama good?

Got curious after all the articles I've read.

Cheering up for the entire staff and crew, fighting!

Goood!! If you ignore the cotrovery and focus soley to the narrative, it was really good. I guess what the saying is right, every cloud has a silver lining. The decision to remove main actor and its precaution for the aftermath aren't that easy. And I am so glad with how the produ tion quickly dealt with the troubles. Come join us, it was a fun ride! I'm not into the romance, so a great fight from the princess to defeat those sly head of tribes is the best part. 

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I still don't know what this stands for because I can only think of the food, pie. 

Haha, same here. I also dont really get it what it stands for? It must be the food pie :laugh:

I see. Sigh, he was good playing a saeguk character tho, hope to see him in another project soon. 

Ikr!! That scene was marvellous! I keep replaying those parts. I am glad that the princess is someone with brain. And fate let her live a hard life as assasin train her not to be weak and affraid to her opponents. Like what gochujang man said that she takes her mother's nature. She provides her father with good inputs and encourages him to act like a good king. So I hope she has a good plan by marrying Ondal. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu It seems like people were bringing their feelings over from Mr Queen, which he was just on. 

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Kang Ha Neul is the perfect reason to pick up a drama. Haha! I hope you watch it and stay for Kim So Hyun because she's pretty awesome as the Princess!

She looks so powerful from all the stills! And I read up the backstory of the folk tale and it sounds really interesting. I will try and pick it up soon when there are more NIW episodes in the bank.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

@Alice WonderlandYes , I am quite sad to with the ending, not sure if they drama will show it later on. Or just teasing us what could have become if they follow the summary religiously. 

We still have 11 episodes, and from the first eight , the drama is compact with a lot of events and plot development, which I am liking so far. It reminds me of sageuks like Six Flying Dragons (which fall i trailed to 50 episodes ) and Queen Seon Deok. 

how could I missed your post here? I guess my brain focus too much on the pictures, lol.

ooh, I love Queen Seon deok!! all are so intriguing to watch, and the episodes are no joke, 63! haha, but I finish it all completely. And this river does have the same vibe which I like it, hope it will go more interesting to the end. 

• Like 4