River Where The Moon Rises/The Moon Rising River 달이 뜨는 강 [2021]

Tofu

14 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

So will we get new episodes tonight? One of the articles revealed they will air it tonight with a glimpse of new Ondal. Ohoo.. Csnt waittt.. to see Go Geon handsome and new Ondal. :laugh:

Yes, it will air tonight...those stills I posted will be seen. 

I have yet to catch up with eps 6 last week. I suspended the watching due to the scandal. Can't bring myself to watch it . So I think I will just jump to eps 7...hopefully it makes sense.

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I think it makes sense for VC to remove the VODs of episodes 1-6 (and chances are these will be refilmed if there will be an option for export--also it affects the continuity of those materials sent overseas like VIU) 

This is the result of the weekend madness. Props to the editing team for the smooth transition. They really made it appear that it was NIW who made those fight sequence. I guess this will happen on episode 1-6 if they will repatch all JS ' scenes. 

Spoiler

ImageImageImage

• Clapping Hands 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

I've been saying this for the past two days but really, my goal today is to watch episode 6 (pretend it is Na In Woo) and then watch this new episode airing today. :jkbtsgoodluck:

Also, Lee Ji Hoon making it much harder for everyone who's been having SLS. :laugh:

So impressed with the cast and crew of this drama. Everyone is taking everything in strides and working together as a team. :yoongibtscheer: 

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
9 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Also, Lee Ji Hoon making it much harder for everyone who's been having SLS. :laugh:

5 minutes ago, bluepebbles said:

Also this SLS inducing scene is shot in Daejanggeum Park, Yongin.  :wow:

Gosh...I think I too may have SLS ...ahahah...I am trying hard not to . But the recent previews give you the feeling that Lee Ji Hoon is the main lead.  Ondal....who? ahahahahah. 

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ommooo @abs-oluteM @Tofu @bluepebbles I've been waiting for spoilers to come out, finally. Yea.. cant waitt... next peveiw is more intriguing. I think KSH as PG is much appealing than GJ. And I like the new ondal, I keep hynotize my brain that he is Ondal from ep 1. Lols. Really nice edits and I like NIW here as Ondal. Last time he annoys me as KBI.

Oeteokhaee... they should forget that Ondal loveline maybe, just go ahead with Go and PG instead. Lols

• Haha 3

@bluepebbles aww.. that unamused cute puppy! he is like a savior to Ondal character, and seeing a glimpse of him from those edits are proving he's doing his best. I will see how he plays more from the actual episodes later, tho we need ep 9 to see him more. 

Who can help to tell what does the preview tell? I know the next morning I will know what but sigh... so curious now. Lols. 

I only understand some parts, especially when she screams " Go geon.." and she got dragged outside by those men. It seems they try to control her by coupling her with GG. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
12 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The gochuga knows well if she is their threat.  

I completely read that as gochujang. Clearly all I'm thinking about right now is food. :eeeee:

Yay, thanks for all the clips @bluepebbles! Super excited to watch River when I get off work today. Also glad that the reviews of Na In Woo's appearance has been positive! :jiminbtslove:

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

But the recent previews give you the feeling that Lee Ji Hoon is the main lead.  Ondal....who? ahahahahah. 

Ikr!! So please let the drama be the spin off for the novel! Please drama god!! Like you said I'm trying to relieve the symptoms but I feel it even more, and those previews are making it even worse now. What to do???

@Tofu gochujang sauce lols. Ok go on with your work... guess I will go to bed soon so when I wake up later the subbed episode is available. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So heartwarming to see all the support for this drama! I will be on board soon, I promise. This is one of the dramas I was looking forward to because of KSH and I just love watching a strong fighting heroine. She is rocking it just from the stills alone. Moreover now they have NIW as the ML. I have to admit I have a bit of SLS in Mr.Queen haha...

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

In episode 7, we learn a little more about Hae Mo Yong's background. Her father is not really her biological father, he's her adopted father. She's an orphan from another town that came to the capital on a mission. Not sure what that mission is or I might have missed it because I was bit distracted when I was watching the episode. She's helping someone sell a bunch of girls to another town (seems like the town that Mo Yong is from). Pyeong Gang disguised herself as one of the girls to find out what's going on. Since Go Geon was in on the whole thing, he is able to tell the King what she's doing. 

Pyeong Gang also falls into Go Geon's father's (I should really remember his name by now) trap that he set up for her with Mo Yong. The whole purpose was to get everyone to dislike her because he's afraid that she's going to ruin his plans to take over the throne. 

Based off this episode and the preview, the drama is picking up the pace a little bit. Even knowing that the King was the one who ordered the army to kill her mother, I thought it was really commendable that she talked about protecting him. However, I think by 'him' she meant she needs to protect the nation and their people from those who wants to destroy it. In some ways, she knows and understands that the King was heavily influenced by Go Won Pyo (I looked it up his name this time :smug:). 

When Go Geon was waiting for her at the end of the hidden passageway, I had a moment of SLS but then I saw the preview and :shocked2:!! Why does Lee Ji Hoon do this to me when I was starting to see the light? Honestly, his character in Dinner Mate must have really traumatized me. I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time seeing pass that character of his whenever I see scenes of him full of greed. I need to cleanse my mind and focus. :pandagrim:

I hope that On Dal will come save Pyeong Gang from the purposed royal marriage to Go Geon. :yoongibtspls:

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

When Go Geon was waiting for her at the end of the hidden passageway, I had a moment of SLS but then I saw the preview and :shocked2:!! Why does Lee Ji Hoon do this to me when I was starting to see the light?

Lucky u for not getting SLS. Honestly, I'm a bit upset with how he fall to the trap that his father set. I mean he is supposed to be the mighty general of the goguryeo and clever. How could he can't see what he's father scheming! I mean how he supposed to defend the princess when he even can't really disobey his father. I hope this is a sign I can get over him. Lols

Seeing the new Ondal on screen, haha, how should I put it, it was smoothly edited as if he was filmed from the beginning. Since many parts are cut and some of his new parts are added makes the story flow a bit confusing. I was wondering what are they trying to find. He knows that GJ returns to her home at the palace. Well, perhaps next week episodes will explains that. But really good job for those who work behind this. 

I want to see more political war between the princess and those cunning officials. Please show more of her dealing them with brilliant tacklings. It has been 7 episodes for me to bear how powerless and stupid the king is. At least they must see PG with her claws ruining their plan for once. 

P.S. looking him smiling at those stills remind me of Lee Do Hyun, he was one of throwing all your oppas names before. Lols. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Incoherent recap for Episode 8 

Royal family gathered wondering where is Pyeonggang. 

In Ghost Village, new found friends assassin twins 

Go Geun went to Mo Yong and asked about Congju. But then viola not only he was welcome but Mo Yong, InwooOndal is here!! 

Back to Go Won Pyo learning about what happened to the captives. 

Ondal learned about Ga Jin being captive. Not sure what happened and why Ondal was suddenly in the palace but he volunteered as a tribute to go to Silla. 

Mo Yong was dragged by Go Geun 's men.

Ondal and Go Geun having a horse race to rescue Ga Jin

Shifts to the captives, the knife fell from Gajin and here comes another Ga Jin in action . But one of the thieves got hostage and killed in front of her ! The rest of the girls are fighting back to protect Gajin. Omo they were saved !

Here comes the horse back racers, catching up. Ondal and Go Geun were late though. 

Here's the trick, this is not yet the first meeting of Inwoo-ondal and Gajin. The camera editing did a good job there. 

Spoiler

ImageImageImage

Team went back to the palace with the kidnapped girls. 

And seems like that 's it ? No suspect yet who is the mastermind ? Ga Jin gaves assurance that they will no longer feel afraid. 

At the court, Ga Jin is condemning the perpetrators. Gen. Go Won Pyo is having a rebuttal in the court to save his face. 

At the herbs store, they find golds that made Go Geun pissed. It seems like an orchestrated scene. Mo Yong 's father is dismissed. 

Mo Yong and his dad is somewhat punished but not that grave. 

• Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

The Queen is appealing with the King , all these talks with the Crown Prince. 

The Crown prince and the king talked for a while after the Queen walked out. 

(my streaming was cut)

Back to the Chief Assassin's tavern, the chief is again brewing on his large pot. (Is he a witch or something ? ) 

Gen Won Pyo is having flashbacks with Ga Jin's speech at the royal court, while staring at the arrow he used to kill the former Queen. Flashbacks to the Queen 's final words to him before she died. 

The next day, Ga Jin went to see the King, asking for appeal about the people that were abandoned  . He also mentioned about Gen On Hyeop's tribe living in the Ghost Village. Kang Ha Neul we miss you!! 

Go Geun and Won Pyo having conversation, is this about the  marriage ? 

Seems like Assassin Chief disguises as fortune teller , that he accepts customers at his tavern. 

Back to Mo Yong, they are all well, saved by the mercy of the King. Meanqhile in the Royal court, another debate between the tribes about the long lost Sunno tribe. Won Pyo agrees with a catch--the inter marriage of Go Geun and Ga Jin. 

Screen pans to Ga Jin and Go Geun. The news arrived about the inter-marriage. Ga Jin is clueless to her surprise about the news. Ga Jin disagrees. She wouldn't be marrying someone from the Gyeru tribe. Gajin rushed to the court for disagreeing. 

The King did not accept the proposal. But Won Pyo did not back out and talk about the odds with Mo Yong. 

That night, Won Pyo made a visit to King's court, bragging about the arrow head he used to kill the former Queen.

King is frantic to scream for help, but no one bothered to come. Won Pyo is really a powerful figure in the court. King and Ga Jin is helpless at this point. 

The official King's order is out--Ga Jin and Go Geun's marriage will push through. 

Note: VIU premium uploaded first half of episode already. Everyone is working hard!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

(From VIU subbed)

To show her disagreement , Ga Jin kneeled in front of the King's quarters until she passed out. Crown Prince is worried and asked the nanny to bring Moyong. Meanwhile , Moyong talks to his father that the marriage must not push through. Afterwards she was requested to see the Princess. Yes girl power please !

Mo Yong went to check Ga Jin 's condition.

Next day in the Ghost Village, Pung Gae and the twins went back. Omma is looking for Dal. Pung Gae lied. Truth is he's at the capital looking at the announcement of wedding. 

Gajin wakes up , with Mo Yong who slept in the room overnight. These two, join force will you!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Oooh just saw this preview, it seems PG suggest to the king she would marry him?? :shocked2: 

Otteokhae poor our general, sigh. If they make him eveil since beginning, I wont suffer SLS. I have a good feeling for new Ondal and try to think that way, but this heart seems still wants to lean on GG. Aigooo yaa... 

@Tofu they grant one of the wishes, KHN is back!! I doubt he come back alive even they can make a story like that, but that maybe as the flashback scene ya. Sigh. This gochujang man is really awful! Ondal will kick him out of the palace soon!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1