River Where The Moon Rises/The Moon Rising River 달이 뜨는 강 [2021]

Tofu

23 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Now the question is, who will replace him? 

I think they should just bring Kang Ha Neul back to life and tell the story from that angle -- no romance necessary. Haha!

@bluepebbles has a list she saw on the Naver comments . And indeed KHN was mentioned. 

Who do you guys think can do this ? 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Oh.. I read thisnand wonders about how it would be. Im sorry that this should happen. I was shocked and thought what's going on. It hapoens to Dear M and now this. It's so unfortunate for the drama. They must not expect this to hit them. The Ondal portion was put into the first opening and I wonder how do they fix all of this. 

P.S. Sorry no offense, but I hope they continue with general go and the princess. Lols. Seriously, is this a new hope for my SLS. I was shocked about this. The recent bullying case among kcelebs are so sudden out of the blue. Speechless. Hope everything settled down fairly. 

29 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Now the question is, who will replace him? 

I think they should just bring Kang Ha Neul back to life and tell the story from that angle -- no romance necessary. Haha!

No no no, we dont want a makjang happens here. Lols

I vote for general go to be the first male lead!!

But if they still want to bring him back, well np then. Haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
26 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

No no no, we dont want a makjang happens here. Lols

Haha! I don't want anything more but Kang Ha Neul back in more scenes. :heiboi:

I think if Lee Ji Hoon wasn't already in the production, he would have been a contender because he has a good working relationship with Victory Contents. Do you think they will replace Ji Soo with another Key East actor? Hwang In Yeop? Hahaha! I don't think he would match the role, to be honest. His features are a bit too sharp and I don't know if I can buy him as the orphan of a respected general. :laugh:

List of names people have thrown out there already:

Kim Min Jae (I got it right this time :smug:)

Yoo Seung Ho

Yeo Jin Goo -- He can't because he's in Beyond Evil right now.

Jang Dong Yoon -- He can't because his drama is in Mon/Tues competition with River.

Woo Do Hwan -- He can't because he is in the military.

Yoon Kyun Sang 

Lee Do Hyun 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Star Struck 1

Oh @Tofu you excited me even more!! If HIY comes into the play, then what to do with my unfaithful heart??? Our poor general go, I will share my love to IY oppa too, so it will be fair yea. :laugh: Good news end of my sls. 

I love KHN, they have the reason for thst, but before they create a story for his return, this must be easy compare to how they deals with the mess with JS absence or OD's face suddenly got a plastic surgery in goguryeo era! Lols. 

Among those random votes, I pick LDH!! Yay!! Please please!!! Then I will end my sls too! Hahhaa

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
14 minutes ago, joccu__ said:

I would have said yook sung jae but he is in military.

kim min jae is good choice or maybe lee jae wook 

I also think KMJ is a good choice.

@Alice Wonderland @Tofu would love Lee Do Hyun. But he is currently filming for Youth of May ( he's the main lead for the show)

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Among the four mentioned up there, I only like JGJ. The rest are not my faves, sigh. Please no. Lols

Oh nooo, no.. no, no, I'll stick to general Go or KHN back alive! 

Oh KMJ is okay then! 

22 minutes ago, joccu__ said:

I would have said yook sung jae but he is in military.

kim min jae is good choice or maybe lee jae wook 

Okay for lee jae wook. He's good portraying period character in Eoharu before. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Alice Wonderland - I wasn't so thrilled about those choices either. I wasn't having SLS but I might if they end up being one of those four; however, I doubt it. I like Kwak Dong Yeon, but he's currently in Vincenzo right now and Seo Kang Joon was just confirmed for a new drama that's going to start filming soon. 

15 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Oh nooo, no.. no, no, I'll stick to general Go or KHN back alive! 

YES! Get on board the Kang Ha Neul being alive train. :eeeee:

@joccu__ - I like the Lee Jae Wook option too. 

Keep posting your predictions so I can make money from the thread. LOL! :pandatakeit:

• Haha 4
  • Party! 1
3 hours ago, joccu__ said:

do you know you is the forth guy jung gungjoo?  in which drama he has acted? he does not look familiar to me. 

No, I'm not familiar with him. I looked up his dramas and I've never seen any of them. He was in Extraordinary You which was a popular drama, but I didn't watch it. :idk:

@Alice Wonderland - I read a comment from someone that says, they should do a time jump and have Kang Ha Neul return as On Dal. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I read a comment from someone that says, they should do a time jump and have Kang Ha Neul return as On Dal. :laugh:

Oooh.. good reason, if KSH can return as Pyeonggang then KHN can come back as On Dal. Hahaha.

@joccu__ he was appeared in some dramas, I saw him in extraordinary you and oh my baby, also cameo in TB. He was good in all of them. So I liked him. 

And @Tofu I like how those fans discuss how to save the drama from its mess by suggesting some plot twist and character selectiins rather than keep posting the unhealthy comments. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
47 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I think he's available at the moment. I dont read anything that he has recent drama project or anything right?

I think so. Since he just finished Mr. Queen, he should be available. I'm actually not too familiar with him because I didn't watch Mr. Queen. 

I'm curious how he will be introduced. Will be come in as On Dal after a time jump or will he just appear and we all pretend they didn't change actors? Haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
40 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I think so. Since he just finished Mr. Queen, he should be available. I'm actually not too familiar with him because I didn't watch Mr. Queen. 

I'm curious how he will be introduced. Will be come in as On Dal after a time jump or will he just appear and we all pretend they didn't change actors? Haha!

I guess whoever replaces OD, he will appear after time jump, that would be more make sense. Or since it already a mess, we all be kind and pretend like that. Lols.

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I guess whoever replaces OD, he will appear after time jump, that would be more make sense. Or since it already a mess, we all be kind and pretend like that. Lols.

I haven't watched episode 6 yet. I will need to do that tomorrow in preparation for all of this. :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hahaha good job @Tofu for getting Kim Min Jae's name right. :jiminbtslove:

Kim Dong Hee is out too (also being accused of bullying - though denied. The irony of it is that he played Jo Byung Gyu's brother in Sky Castle and was the one being bullied in Itaewon Class by Ahn Bo Hyun).

Kwak Dong Yeon is currently in Vincenzo. But has this drama wrapped?

Kim Byung In (edit: belatedly realise that's not even his real name lol) seems to be the one short-listed. The C-netizens approves of him too.

Because of this all TV stations and production companies are running background checks on the younger actors. I think that's a good measure. I mean when we look for jobs, some jobs require us to do police check and have referees etc., so it is fair that they decided to do this. After all, it's a huge risk on their end and also a lessons to learn for the young celebs or inspired idols/actors to behave during their youth.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Then has KBS decided from what portion they will refilm? Are they gonna suspend the ongoing episodes?

Edit @mademoiselle@bluepebbles told me that they will try to edit out JS's scenes from 7-8 and refilm from eps 9....wow will be rushed

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Victory Contents will suffer a loss for this: 

On the 5th, the production company Victory Contents of KBS2's'River Where The Moon Rises' said, “First, We are very sorry and regretful that we caused concern to viewers due to the controversy related to the actors who appeared. I apologize to the victims who would have been more difficult watching the actor through our drama,” he apologized.

“Our production company felt the seriousness of this situation and decided to remove actor Jisoo. As a result of discussing the best method in a situation where more than 95% of the total shooting was in progress, we will delete the actor's scene as much as possible in episodes 7 and 8 scheduled for next week's broadcast, and we plan to re-shoot after changing the role.”

Also, “This is a difficult decision made to keep the promise to deliver the completed 'River' to viewers. We will do our best to complete a good work with a new actor.” “Our company was also very embarrassed about this work, and this resulted in a huge economic loss. However, in close consultation with the broadcaster, we decided to re-shoot.”

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/1019742?ref=naver#csidx9c9357c9f30bc6e9965612a69e3a5ff

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Oh no! I'm shocked and disappointed. Ji Soo of all actors/guys? Unbelievable! :cry:

There goes a good drama down the gutter, at least for me. They have scripted till 18 with only 2 more to go toward wrapping up, and JS has reportedly done most of his scenes. Aish... I can't see how this would still work out well, no matter who his replacement would be. Just like Delayed Justice was a good drama till something unforeseen happened... sigh... and even with JWS taking over the role in DS, it was a drop for me. Likewise, though I love sageuks, this drama has been not as good thus far (plot and pace haven't been as tight, but quite all over the place), I'm going to drop this and not even bother to see what else happens. :cry:

Src: 1 and 2

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...