River Where The Moon Rises/The Moon Rising River 달이 뜨는 강 [2021]

Tofu

Think no episodes next week

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/03/05/entertainment/television/Jisoo-bully-KBS/20210305175200358.html

KBS will delete as many of the scenes it can featuring actor Jisoo in the upcoming seventh and eighth episodes of its ongoing drama series "River Where the Moon Rises." 

The broadcaster made the announcement Friday after the actor admitted to bullying allegations against him, adding it would replace his character with a different actor for later episodes. 

"We will be skipping a week and not run the two episodes scheduled for this weekend. We will delete as many scenes as possible in which Jisoo appears in the seventh and eighth episodes," KBS said in the statement.

"We have decided to replace the actor and reshoot the program afterward." 

The decision comes after a series of online posts accused the actor of bullying others in his middle and high school years. 

Actor Jisoo, left, and his handwritten apology that was uploaded on his Instagram account on Thursday morning. [ILGAN SPORTS]

Jisoo posted a handwritten apology on his Instagram account Thursday, admitting that his past is "unforgivable." 

“I will atone, and to those who were tormented for a long time because they had to see me on the screen, I’ll spend the rest of my life feeling remorseful and repent my past,” the actor wrote. 

KBS explained that while it did consider shutting down the program altogether, it felt that it would be inappropriate considering the people who love the drama, as well as the staff and other actors. 

"We had to take into account that canceling the drama altogether would create more victims," KBS said. 

“River Where the Moon Rises” is a periodic romance based on the novel “Princess Pyeonggang” (2010) by Choi Sa-gyu, which started airing on Feb. 15.

Jisoo played the main character Ondal. Actor Na In-woo revealed Friday that he had been offered the role and was "considering" it.

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I say 

Even knets are surprised and delighted because Na In Woo was never mentioned in the “throw your oppa’s name “ in the pot  :yayaya:

But so far the comments are fairly good and supportive to the production with the best effort they need to do, now the 90% film in progress could have been reduced in half. 

Now i worry on the cinematography that the director took focused on judging from the above par quality we saw from episode 1-6. I hope it will not be totally compromised.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Can I be honest - I have been going through the 5 or was it 7 stages of grief with everything that is going on . :pandasad:...I am actually sad that Ji Soo turned out this way. I  had a soft spot for him and have seen a number of his dramas. I was really excited when he and KSH reunited for this show especially because I liked them in Page Turner. He was actually doing a very good job as Ondal because he brought the right amount of goofiness and sweetness to the role. What a waste of his talent. But it is impossible to continue watching him even if what he did was truly in the past because what Ji Soo did is awful.  I feel bad for the victims who has had to endure not just the physical scars but the emotional ones as well over the years. It must have pained them to see him bask in limelight in the last 10years (he's only 27) . 

Regardless of how sincere his apology is and how he is truly wishing to repent, the damage that he's done to this drama is immeasurable. I cannot imagine how frustrated, angry and betrayed the cast and crew feels. I personally don't mind who takes this on because I am grateful enough that they are not going to shove the show aside . You can see that the production cost is high & had quality - they didn't skim on the sets, the places they used, the costumes , the cast they brought in. Staff will have to work overtime for sure reediting , but it may (and I hope it does) work to the dramas favour if  NIW can settle quickly into his role. And with the right PR spin, the drama can be saved from being a disaster.  Of course Na In Woo will have a lot of weight to bear on his shoulders because he will need to be able to build chemistry with the rest. I hope he will be able to rise up to the occassion.

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM I totally agree. The pacing of immersing himself in the next two weeks will be crucial because he did not attend the script reading,no interactions with KSH etc. Imagine he woke up one day and viola a new character is on his plate to consume immediately. Dropped like a hot potato.

That is why there will be nuisances on the transitions, that will be expected. If only plastic surgery happens in goryeo to justify the change of face. But hey it happened in Nirvana in Fire so why not :GrimChamp:

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

I'm glad that the responses have been good. I'm not familiar with the new actor, but I reckon, based off what I've read, he'll do well. 

@abs-oluteM - I can definitely understand that. He has always played the supporting role so in some ways, I was rooting for him when he landed his first big role. Your past will catch up to you one day. I hope that he grows from this and become a better person. 

I heard that the Victory Contents is also going to re-edit episode 1-6 too. We might all have to re-watch episode 1-6 once those are released, because this has now become an entirely different drama. :eeeee: If they do re-edit, please add in more Kang Ha Neul! :yoongibtspls:

• Like 5

I swear, fans make the best fanart. Production companies should pay them to create their dramas' posters. Here's another one:

Hmm...I'm going to have to think about how I need to change the information on the first page. :pandathink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I was wondering what will they do with the first 6 episodes actually. Now I know they are going to re-edit. But they likely going to have to re-shoot the first 6 episodes later, isn't it? After all the production company would want to re-sell this and broadcast in other countries such as Japan and other streaming sites. There's also the possibilities of DVDs (depending on the fans).

Sigh, the side-effects to this scandal is just too impactful. :GengarPout:

• Like 4

Just read the recent article that KBS didnt cancel the show altogether. It must be so unfair to the drama production and also those actors and all staffs who had worked really hard. They must be so shocked wih the typhoon which hit them out of the blue. I like this show, and since begining I had suffer the symptoms of SLS. And with this scandal the drama might look like on the edge of a cliff, but who knows more people tune in, cuz they got curious how they gonna solve this mess. 

So @Tofu no one listen to our wishes, I never think of NIW before but it seems he is he most likely to be the next new Ondal. Well, as I have only watched him in Mr. Queen, so far he was pretty good as Kim Byung In so hopefully he can make it for the best. 

@bluepebbles haha, so let's see whether NIW can wash away our SLS or it's getting worse, lols. 

Look at this, general go, ommoonaaa... Haha

JS's part has been cut from the preview. 

I hope after this those bullying out there will at least decreased, cause in the end the truth will out, no one can't get away from their mistakes. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
9 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Look at this, general go, ommoonaaa... Haha

He looks legit hot there...hmm any chance if he can end up with PG ? I know this is the love story of PG and Ondal, but who knows . Anyway glad they are gonna air anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

He looks legit hot there...hmm any chance if he can end up with PG ? I know this is the love story of PG and Ondal, but who knows . Anyway glad they are gonna air anyway. 

I hope it would go this way @abs-oluteM please please drama god. I read that the drama is based on the novel and the drama version went slightly diffrently from the original work. So if they can do so why not to complete going into another route rather than forcing PY to the new Ondal, lols. 

• Haha 3
On 12/23/2020 at 10:00 AM, Tofu said:

River Where The Moon Rises/The Moon Rising River 달이 뜨는 강

Note: Following bullying allegations, Ji Soo (main male lead) was removed from the drama after episode 6.

Thank you @abs-oluteM someone who doesnt follow the news or new to kdrama might confused when they see Ondal got a plastic surgery change. 

Kang Ha Neul as On Hyeop (On Dal's Father)

He is the chief of the Sunnobu tribe and a general for Goguryeo.

They miss cast him as the father, lols. They should cast him as Ondal, then I wont end up getting sls, perhaps. 

Choi Yoo Hwa as Hae Mo Yong

She is determined to control Goguryeo and play with it as she wants. She is a woman with a beautiful face, a meticulous personality, a special power to foresee the future, and a big secret of her own. Hae Mo Yong falls in love with Go Geon and adds to the excitement of the drama.

I usually scan read first post, and skip it. But has that power shown yet? I dont think she can forsee something yet or she does and I dont realize her. 

• Haha 3
13 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

So @Tofu no one listen to our wishes, I never think of NIW before but it seems he is he most likely to be the next new Ondal. Well, as I have only watched him in Mr. Queen, so far he was pretty good as Kim Byung In so hopefully he can make it for the best. 

I think you and I came up with so many scenarios for them too. LOL!

7 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

They miss cast him as the father, lols. They should cast him as Ondal, then I wont end up getting sls, perhaps. 

I agreed!! Gahh....we must really miss Kang Ha Neul in a drama project. :eeeee:

8 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I usually scan read first post, and skip it. But has that power shown yet? I dont think she can forsee something yet or she does and I dont realize her. 

Maybe she's like a shaman or something?

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

Wow @Tofu they are working fast & hard .  This show really deserves the support . 

Na In Woo is also supposed to start appearing in tomorrow's episode too!! They filmed all weekend!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@Tofu @bluepebbles really wonderful to see how the cast is rallying behind the production company.,

Choi Yoo Hwa too will not receive any fees

http://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1398052

Actor Choi Yoo-hwa will not receive a re-shooting fee. 
According to an Ex-sports news report on the 8th, Choi Yoo-hwa is filming without charge for re-shooting of the KBS 2TV drama'The River Rising'. 

Recently, as actor Jisoo, who appeared in the role of Ondal, got off from the drama due to controversy over school violence, actor Na In-woo joins and plays the character Ondal, following Jisoo's successor. 

According to drama officials, the production crew of 'The Moon Rising' and the actors are also working together to end the drama well together in a difficult atmosphere. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Actor Eui-Hyun Ryu will not receive a fee for re-shooting of  'River

River'. Ryu Eui-Hyun is the best friend of Pyeonggang/ Yeom Ga-jin (Kim So-hyun) in'The Moon Rising River'.

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=70763665130

New stills to feed your SLS @Alice Wonderland @bluepebbles:Ghastlel:

202103081501150410_2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Wow hats off to those actors who willingly to reshoot the episodes without taking more fees. That is such a warm comfort and great help for those in charge. Hope all their sincerity and hard work are paid off. Success never betray its prpcess. They all have to go thought this haedships, who knows that it will end as a great success. 

@abs-oluteM what to do? You make my symptoms are getting worse and severe. Can they spin off the love line?? Sigh. 

• Haha 3