River Where The Moon Rises/The Moon Rising River 달이 뜨는 강 [2021]

Tofu

Can't wait to watch eps 3

Meanwhile preview for eps 4 - looks like the  romance is blossoming!

There are a lot of spoilers in this MV - OST 2

Some positive comments from k nets here

https://netizen-kore.com/2021/02/naver-tv-river-where-the-moon-rises-episode-2-comments-and-reaction.html

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

In episode 3, we find out the following:

• Ga Jin goes back to see the chief of the assassin group and is imprisoned. 
  • Dal is worried and he goes to save her with her friends from the assassin group.
  • Ga Jin is told that she was saved by the assassin group's chief. He had her inhale a power so she would forget her memories. Afterwards, the chief brought her to her adopt father so he can raise her. Seems like the adoptive father owe the chief a favor. 
  • Go Geon and Hae Mo Yong meets for the first time. Go Geon tried to pluck a herb in Hae Mo Yong's home and she threw a needle shaped knife (drawing a blank of what it's called LOL!) at him. He is able to stop it and they exchange a few words. 
  • The King continues to have a lot of hallucinations and is going manic. 
  • Go Geon continues to look for Ga Jin, he goes around showing her picture to everyone to see if anyone recognize her. He goes to Hae Mo Yong's medicine store and demands that she finds Ga Jin. He says that she not only sell herbs at her store, but people's information too. 
  • The Princess's nanny is taken away by Go Geon's father because it was passed along that she was looking for the Princess that night Ga Jin was at the palace. 
  • Ga Jin and Dal goes to see Hae Mo Yong to look for Ga Jin's nanny in hopes of finding more about herself. 
  • Hae Mo Yong ask Ga Jin who she is and she said that she doesn't know which is why she has to find the Princess's nanny. Hae Mo Yong tells her where the Princess's nanny is held captive.
  • The Princess's nanny tells Ga Jin that she is the Princess and should not be there. She will be in danger if she doesn't escape. 
  • Go Geon comes in and he sees Ga Jin. They both get into a fight and the nanny calls Ga Jin, Princess. Go Geon stops and Ga Jin cuts him in the arm. Ga Jin runs away and is chased by soldiers and Go Geon; however, Go Geon purposely let Ga Jin escape later on.
  • Ga Jin visits the Magnolia Hall (where she lived in the palace) and finds a hidden passage way. She remembers a memory of her going through the passage way to find her mother as well as a memory of her father. As she's reminiscing in the study room (that's where the passage leads to), her father shows up. He shouts for her to show herself when he notices that someone else is there in the study room too. Ga Jin comes out of hiding and says she is Pyeong Gang. She also ask him why he abandoned her. 

One of the conversations I found interesting between Ga Jin and Dal is about what memories means to the both of them. Ga Jin is eagerly searching for her lost memories to find out who she is while Dal is trying really hard to forget his. 

I love the relationship between Weol Yi and Dal. It's so cute. Haha!

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode -- excited to see how the King will respond to Pyeong Gang!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

ℝ𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕠𝕠𝕟 ℝ𝕚𝕤𝕖𝕤 

filming location 

Arthdal Chronicles Filming set 

Now it is much clear that the majority of the first fight scene in episode 1 by General On Hyeop with the Queen Yeon could have taken place in this location, judging with the structures . 

Korean-Travel-shooting-location-Arthdal-

Also in episode 2,  the ceremony to commemorate the Queen's memorial was filmed in this set.

c5377eee4ac201a00a935e150e7f0115.png

More info about this set.

Spoiler

Korean-Travel-shooting-location-Arthdal-

Arthdal Chronicles is one of the most expensive Korean dramas made in recent years and the following video is testament to where a lot of the money went. If you are visiting Korea and would like to experience Asadal/Arthdal for yourself, then you can go to the 10 million dollar set that was built special for the drama.

The set is located in the city of Osan, which is in Gyeonggi Province. It is also not going anywhere, because it appears that they are making it a permanent tourist attraction for anyone who wants to experience what it would be like to live in the times of Arthdal. there is even a small museum on site that explains the main characters of the show and what the show is about including how they made the set.

source

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Eps 3 had quite a lot of developments . So now it's clear that PG had really forgotten her true identity due to some "charm" or spell cast on her when they found her. But thankfully she remembered it all by the end of the episode.

I do like the way the romance btwn On Dal and PG is progressing. Maybe cause JS and KSH have worked together before that their scenes seem natural and there's tangible chemistry. I love On Dal . There's something sweet and warm about him. He is also knowledgeable, quick thinking and as well as being quick on his feet. I have followed JiSoo's career for a long time ( I often call him BB Jisoo though I find that he's become more manly now!) , and this may very well be one my favourite characters of his. Now please don't let our sad boy here have a bad ending. After his last drama he deserves a happy one . @joccu__ , I'm sure will concur.

Another highlight was the introduction of Choi Yoo Hwa's character. I find her very alluring as an actress. She and Lee Ji Hoon's scenes had this interesting  tension to it and from the character chart it seems like she will fall for him, though it will be one sided. Go Geon recognises PG , and it was clear that he wanted to make sure she was not caught by his father's men . I am looking forward to when she remembers him too. It will be a one sided love on his part , but I think he will come round to rally behind her fight for power. 

Thanks for the eps 3 recaps @Tofu!

Preview eps 5

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 4 Recap:

Spoiler
  • The episode starts with Pyeong Gang asking the King why he abandoned her. He runs away saying that there's a ghost in the study room. When the soldiers check the study room, they do not see Pyeong Gang (who has already ran away through the hidden passage). 
  • Lady Gongson (the Princess's nanny) finds her in the passage way and she address her nanny by what she used to call her. Pyeong Gang also apologize for staying alive because of the reaction from the King. Lady Gongson help Pyeong Gang dress up in a maid's outfit so she can leave Magnolia Hall undetected. 
  • As she leaves, Go Geon stops her and ask her who she is. He identify himself as Go Geon to her and as he gets closer, he tells her that if she runs, he'll kill her. Pyeong Gang turns around and greets him. She asks him to let her go if both of them want to stay alive, because if he doesn't, one of them will die. Go Geon tells her that he hopes to see her return as the Princess and not the assassin. If she returns as the latter, he will have no choice but to kill her. He gives her a token so she can get a horse to use once she leaves. 
  • Pyeong Gang takes the horse and goes to the temple where she has her last memory as the Princess. Once there, she asks to meet Wol Gwang. She asks him if he knows her and he greets her as the Princess. Wol Gwang tells Pyeong Gang that there was a rumor going around about the Queen's relationship with him. When he returned from his trip, the King had already kill so many people including the Queen. Sunno Tribe was charged with treason for no reason. Pyeong Gang asked why Wol Gwang hasn't told the King the truth. He told her that even if he did, the King would not believe him. The King refuses to admit that his own mistake was the reason why his wife died. Wol Gwang's request for Pyeong Gang is to find a way to live as the Princess. 
  • Back at Hae Mo Yong's shop, Dal continues to hang upside down. He's determined to be there until Pyeong Gang returns. Hae Mo Yong is curious at how he can be so certain towards someone he doesn't even know. Dal is pretty much, "I will wait for her". He gets out of his hanging position and she's at awe because she realized he could have left but he didn't. Dal ends up staying and helping Hae Mo Yong with odd jobs around her shop. 
  • Go Geon's father goes to see the King and again, the King is in a panic state. He is convinced he saw the ghost of the Princess. Go Geon's father goes visit Go Geon and tells him that the Princess is alive. He is requesting that Go Geon kills the Princess when he sees her. Go Geon reminds his father that she is the Princess. His father just tells him that regardless, it doesn't change that she was trying to assassin the King. 
  • Hae Mo Yong is part of the Sono Tribe and is plotting to use that as an opportunity for her tribe to rise up in power again. She's determined to use Dal to help her get there. 
  • Dal's friend comes and see Dal helping out at Hae Mo Yong's shop. He is angry at Dal because the Ghost Valley is really worried about Dal. He left saying he was going to go look for a killer and hasn't send any message since. Dal's friend says he needs to return and Dal refuses. He says he needs to wait for Ga Jin. The friend ask when she'll return and Dal simply says, "I don't know". Haha! He is so blindly in love with her, it's cute! :heart:
  • Pyeong Gang returns and she looks so exhausted and worn out. She tells Dal that she doesn't know where to go because she doesn't have anywhere to go now. He calls her foolish for thinking that way because she does have a home. He tells her that they will go home now. Before they leave Hae Mo Yong is requesting payment for helping Pyeong Gang find her identity. Dal gets upset and tells her to use the horse as payment and he'll pay the remaining at a later time. 
  • In the town, the assassin group is still looking for Pyeong Gang. Her friends cause a diversion so one of the top assassin would not see Pyeong and Gang leaving town. 
  • Pyeong Gang and Dal return to Ghost Valley together. Some of the villagers are saying something bad about Dal bringing Pyeong Gang back but our cute little Weol Yi always have his back. I love their relationship so much. Haha! 
  • Dal sets her up in a house of her own. He asks if everything went well at the palace because she took longer than expected. Pyeong Gang asks that he leaves her alone because she's tired. 
  • Dal leaves and visit the chief to ask if they let Pyeong Gang stay with them because she doesn't know her identity. The chief said that if she puts their village in danger, he is not going to be happy with it. Dal tells him that he will take full responsibility for Pyeong Gang's stay. 
  • Dal visits his mo-chin and tells her that Pyeong Gang. His mo-chin asks him if she's pretty for Dal to do this much. His mo-chin tells him to wake up because someone with a twisted fate will also twist the fate of the people around them. Dal is a bit offended by this and tells his mo-chin that he'll straighten it out for her. He doesn't care about her past, he can look after her in the future instead. 
  • Hae Mo Yong goes to see Go Geon and tells him that she saw Pyeong Gang come to town with a herb collector (referring to Dal). Go Geon's father saw this exchange and tells his right hand man to bring Hae Mo Yong to him. 
  • Dal and the villagers are the sweetest. They go help Pyeong Gang clean and fix the empty home so she can live there. This scene makes my heart feel so full because without knowing who she is, all of them are willing to support and help each other. Pyeong Gang must have also felt that too because she ask why Dal is being so nice to her when she hasn't done anything for him. The villagers continue to include Pyeong Gang in all their gatherings. Pyeong Gang learns that it's the memorial service for General On Hyeop and also finds out that he was Dal's father. 
  • Dal is visiting his father's grave and he is reminded of what his father told him -- no resentment, live happily and peacefully. Of course, this scene makes me cry all over again because Kang Ha Neul is love. Hahaha!!
  • Pyeong Gang is watching this from afar and she remembers her encounters with Dal and General On Hyeop when they were children. Pyeong Gang is also seen paying her respect to Dal's father's grave too. 
  • Go Geon and some soldiers at at the entrance to the mountain and he tells them something along the lines of finding the ghost of the Princess. 
  • Pyeong Gang has not returned and the whole village goes to look for her. Weol Yi meets Go Geon and when he asks who she's looking for, she says her dog. Dal sees this and tell her to run away. Go Geon tells Dal that he's not there to mess with no country bumpkin; however, he looks a lot like the person hanging upside down in Hae Mo Yong's shop. Dal continues to tell Go Geon that there's no one there but ghost when Go Geon tells him that he's there looking for someone. Go Geon is getting ready to use his sword on Dal but he falls in one of Dal's trap. Hahahaha!! :eeeee:
  • Go Geon shouts that Dal left the medicine shop with the Princess. Dal leaves to find Pyeong Gang after hearing this from Go Geon. 
  • Pyeong Gang is at the edge of the cliff getting ready to jump when Dal pulls her back. Pyeong Gang tells him that she doesn't know what to do because she feels so guilty and sorry for everyone. Dal grabs her and tells her that his father, his tribe, and he sacrificed their lives to save her -- her life is not hers alone.
  • Pyeong Gang goes to find Go Geon. She's getting ready to kill him when Dal shows up and tells her to stop. Pyeong Gang tells Dal that killing Go Geon is the only way to protect everyone. Go Geon tells them that he won't say a word about the village. Pyeong Gang tells Dal not to believe the word of someone from Gyero Tribe. Dal takes a jab at her words and asks if she's telling him this as Princess Pyeong Gang or the assassin Ga Jin. 
  • The village puts on a show to make it seem like ghosts live there. The soldiers do not back down and start shooting arrows at them. Go Geon shows up and tell them to leave because there's nothing up the mountain. He tells the soldiers it's bewitch and there's no need to continue searching. 
  • Pyeong Gang and Dal go back to the village and she's getting ready to tell them that she'll leave because she's the Princess. Before she can tell the villagers this, Dal interrupts her and says she's an assassin who was ordered to kill the King. Weol Yi reasons and says she doesn't plan on doing that anymore which is why Dal brought her there. Weol Yi continues to say that if that's the case, that's not a problem for them at all. 
  • At the end of this episode, Go Geon goes to see the King. He tells the King that Pyeong Gang is alive. The King refuses to believe him, but he shows the King Pyeong Gang's necklace. Go Geon tells the King they are ready to bring the Princess back, he just needs to give the order. 

I feel like a lot of things happened in this week's episodes. I was actually really surprised that they revealed Ga Jin as Princess Pyeong Gang so early on. Sometimes it gets dragged out for a few more episodes. I'm happy at the reveal because that means she can live more freely without having to hide her identity from Dal. 

Dal is truly his father's son. He does everything for everyone without reservation. I admire this quality in him. He grew up so well without On Hyeop for the past few years -- they do say it takes a village to raise a child, right? Which when they all told Pyeong Gang that it didn't matter if she used to be an assassin, they were all willing to accept her, it made me smile. These people are so forgiving, I'm going to be upset if something happens to them. 

Agreed with @abs-oluteM on Ji Soo. Dal is a much more matured and complex role compared to his previous roles. I think he's doing a wonderful job as Dal. I definitely get the country bumpkin vibe and at the same time know that he's anything but that too. 

I don't know how I feel about Go Geon yet but one thing I do like is that he's not afraid to go up against his father. I'm curious to see how this continues to play out in the future. Will he be the reason why his father fails?

8 hours ago, Mouse said:

I am debating whether to watch this.. how do you guys like it?

I'm liking it a lot so far! It might be a little heavy on the politic side, but I don't think it's overly done like some historical dramas. 

@bluepebbles - Oh wow! They did use the Arthdal Chronicles set. Damn, even Song Joong Ki all up in this drama too. Haha, just kidding. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu wow you're right. So many things happened in eps 4. I thought they might drag out all the secret identities  but looks like everyone knows who everyone is !  :pandawhat:( Except that Go Geun hasn't realised  On Dal's lineage yet). And at least I can put to rest the speculation of whether PG's truly the King's daughter since the monk told her nothing ever happened between him and her mother.

There were a number of scenes that got me a little teary eyed. PG's reunion with both her nanny and GG . And that scene where On Dal realised she was PG...it was hard because the girl he has fallen for is the princess that his father died protecting and the reason their clan had to flee to the mountains. The conflict within his heart . But clearly his affections are strong so much so he quickly stopped her from revealing her true identity to the rest . If she did , I don't think the rest would agree to her staying.

I was surprised that GG had gone to the King and told him about PG being alive. But I feel in some ways this was his way of wanting to protect PG. He is well aware that his father is not going to let PG live and perhaps he by fully restoring PG to her rightful position, his father will not be able to touch her. But this also means that Go Geun is outright going against his father.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm super behind on this. Haven't watched Ep3-4 but I'll come in so @Tofu gets 1 point 

Hahaha! You are the best! :duckhearts:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

And that scene where On Dal realised she was PG

Agreed! The realization that she was the person his father saved...that must have hurt a lot. It's pretty telling what kind of person he is because he was able to look past that. However, it might be because of On Hyeop's last words to him too -- no resentment. 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Go Geun is outright going against his father.

The more I think about it, he goes against everyone, right? His father says kill the Princess, he goes to tell the King the Princess is alive. Pyeong Gang tells him one of them will die if they are together, he goes to find her. Haha! 

Viu decided to release another character chart. 

8b5N9kN.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Just done ep 5 to 8. I like how finally she reveals who she is. Glad it didnt get drag much longer. Now she needs to take steps into the palace to reclaim her status back and put everything back in its rightful places.

It seems that they intentionally to give the sweet deer showering GJ with his unconditional and overflowing loves and then they will test them with troubles later. 

I like the master go and the princess, and I like on dal too. Hahhaa. Nice triangle, bring them on!!

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 2/24/2021 at 2:18 PM, joccu__ said:

I´m wondering how the princess is going to go back to her life in the royal family?

Same. I wonder if the King is going to believe Go Geon when he told him Princess Pyeong Gang is alive? I, also, wonder if the King is truly losing it or the medicine is what's making him hallucinate?

11 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I like the master go and the princess, and I like on dal too. Hahhaa. Nice triangle, bring them on!!

No, love triangle, please. :pandasadspoon: My heart can't take those anymore. I want everyone to end up with someone. :cry:

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu @Alice Wonderland my last drama of Lee Ji Hoon was in Woman of 9.9Billion where he played a spineless husband who had married an older woman for her money , and had an affair with the FL in the show. My other time watching him was in My Househelper. There he was a very sweet character and his own love line. In both cases, I think he did a good job but it wasn't so stand out for me. But I have to say here as Master Go, he has this charisma to him. He's got his own mind and is different from his scheming father though he is smart enough not to oppose his old man openly.

• Like 4

@abs-oluteM :Mimed: that summary sounds like makjang, lols. I didnt watch that drama. And I know him as sweet  namchin in Your House Helper. He was a lawyer in there and liking the girl who pretend as rich one.  

Yeaa.. I like Go sabu! I like On Dal too, and they're predictably the end game here, so the exitement is less. Lols. If you know what I mean. But who knows, I will fall for him more. But for now I like Go sabu with his charismatic charm, aww .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

this was recommended on my YT feed . I was so moved in this scene of their reconciliation

Ohh.. this is bad, is this a sign I'm suffering sls?? I'm not this kind of person before, lol. Yea.. love that scene as well. 

And I think their past relationship is much felt than her with young On Dal. So their reuinion where On Dal meets her again and his love at first sight is quite bland to me. Asihh.  I DONT watch for this, I'm not ready to get broken heart! 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

619640_213039_5424.jpg

KBS2 Mon-Tue drama 'River Where the Moon Rises' filming location Danyang Ondal  becomes a tourist spot 

[Reporter Jang Seung-ju of the Dongyang Ilbo] Danyang-gun is continuing its reputation as a film and drama filming spot along with the recent popularity of a historical drama.

KBS2's Monday-Tuesday drama'River of the Moon', which began airing on the 15th, is a historical drama about the sorrowful love of Ondal (Ji-su) and Pyeong-gang (Kim So-hyun).

Ondal Tourist Site, located in Yeongchun-myeon, Danyang-gun, is rumored to be the filming location of popular dramas such as Taewangsasingi and Yeongaesomun, and has been created as a tourist destination for visitors flocking with the Korean Wave.

In addition to the drama set, there are various experience facilities such as Ondal Cave, Ondal Mountain Castle, and Ondal Exhibition Hall, which are loved by many visitors.

Spoiler

ImageImage

출처 : 동양일보 '이땅의 푸른 깃발'(http://www.dynews.co.kr)

By the way I am enlisting myself 

Spoiler

As General Go's army. SLS is so real :cry: 

Eu7-gVuU4AAUgbt?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor