Director: Na Young Seok

Episodes: ??

CAST

Yoon Yeo-jung

Lee Seo-jin

Jung Yu-mi

Park Seo-joon

Choi Woo-shik

The mash-up of Youn's Kitchan and Summer Vacation we never knew we needed is here! Instead of running a restaurant in an overseas location, our favourite cast members returns to run a guesthouse in the county of Gurye in Jeollanam-do. They will open their doors for foreigners visiting Korea for the first time but were unable to properly explore the country due to the pandemic. Filming was completed in Autumn 2020.

Thread created! @LaLa@SilverMoonTea@im0202@JenL@Tofu See you here in January!

First Teaser

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Party! 3

34e7d9db94ba46f383add8c525048c65-jpeg.jp 

Watch: Park Seo Joon, Lee Seo Jin, Jung Yu Mi, Choi Woo Shik, And Youn Yuh Jung Prepare To Open “Youn’s Stay” In First Teaser

Dec 31, 2020
by C. Hon

tvN’s “Youn’s Stay” has released its first teaser!

Earlier this month, tvN confirmed that “Youn’s Stay” would be the new spin-off format of “Youn’s Kitchen,” which featured Youn Yuh Jung and other cast members heading to foreign countries to run a Korean restaurant.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the new spin-off will show Youn Yuh Jung, Lee Seo Jin, Jung Yu Mi, Park Seo Joon, and Choi Woo Shik run a hanok (traditional Korean home) as a ‘homestay’ destination in South Jeolla Province.

The teaser opens with the cast meeting at a private restaurant in Seoul. Producing director (PD) Na Young Suk explains that he had planned to run a new season of “Youn’s Kitchen” in the spring of 2020, but had put it off to the end of 2020 due to the pandemic, thinking that things would get better then.

As the situation around the world has not improved, he informs them about the new format.

Na Young Suk explains that their homestay will welcome guests who had to travel to Korea on business or for their studies and will not be able to enjoy the food and culture due to quarantine restrictions around COVID-19.

The teaser then moves to show the cast’s quiet life at their hanok homestay. Dressed in matching aprons, the cast eat together, prepare rooms together, and welcome guests together. As they have shown in previous seasons of “Youn’s Kitchen,” Lee Seo Jin is fluent in English after studying abroad in New York and Youn Yuh Jung knows English because she spent several years in the United States.

This season, they are helped by Choi Woo Shik, who grew up in Canada before pursuing his acting career in Korea.

As the guests enjoy their time in the hanok, the kitchen erupts into ordered chaos as Jung Yu Mi and Park Seo Joon, the chef and sous-chef of the kitchen, prepare meals while Youn Yuh Jung jokes around with the guests in the dining room.

At the end, Lee Seo Jin complains, “This is too hard,” and Park Seo Joon says, “I think a restaurant was easier.”

“Youn’s Stay” will premiere on January 8 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

• Like 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I'm interested in this too. Although I didn't watch all of Na PD's variety shows, but I did watch Youn's Kitchen S2 and enjoyed it. So I would like to check this one out especially for the food and traditional stuff.

@SilverMoonTea Time really flies. I'm so shocked when the caption showed Lee Seo Jin is 50!!! :shocked: Back were the days when he looked much younger (and stronger) during the Grandpas Before Flowers' era.

Spoiler

LOL @ the grandpas' responses to Na PD's suggestion of Hot Air Balloon and Skydiving ideas.

Apologies to all, hijacking this thread to showcase Lee Seo Jin's younger looks for a moment.

• Haha 3

Thanks Jane for opening the thread! Well I don't know what to discuss in variety thread, but we will figure it out together later once the premier airs :D

More info about Youn's Stay (based on the long trailer/spoiler video of ep 1 that @SilverMoonTeashared at her post above)

Title: Youn's Stay (with the owner's heart)

Roles:

Yoon Yeo Jeong: President

20210116-140126.jpg

Lee Seo Jin: Vice President / Kitchen General Manager

20210116-140138.jpg

Jung Yu Mi: General Manager / Head Chef

20210116-140107.jpg

Park Seo Jun: Manager / Assistant Chef

20210116-140055.jpg

Choi Woo Shik: Intern

20210116-140038.jpg

Schedules:

12 pm: Staffs Lunch time

1 pm: Cleaning up/ Preparing the guests' room

3 pm: Guests check-in time

6 - 9 pm: Guests dinner time

10 pm: Staffs dinner time

8 am: Guests breakfast time

11 am: Guests check-out time

This format kind of remind me about Yoon Yoo Jeong latest drama that I watched (Never Twice) when she also the owner of an old inn. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Just realized everyone can speak English well, except Yoomi and Seojoon hahaha... Seems they're bonded well on this season because of that? 😂

So, I guess they will only cook & serving the dishes to guest? In Korean Hostel Spain, actually it was more tedious as Hae Jin was even need to clean by himself, making the beds for the guest too. 

But here the Hanok so pretty, I wish one day I can try to stay in traditional place like that. 

• Like 2

@LaLa Thanks for translating! The schedule looks quite hectic.

14 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

So, I guess they will only cook & serving the dishes to guest? In Korean Hostel Spain, actually it was more tedious as Hae Jin was even need to clean by himself, making the beds for the guest too. 

But here the Hanok so pretty, I wish one day I can try to stay in traditional place like that. 

Maybe Seo-jin and Woo-shik will be in charge of cleaning. Haha looking forward to clumsy intern Woo-shik. Too bad there's no cute dog here like in Summer Vacation!

I would love to try living in a hanok one day today. Although sleeping on the floor, my back will probably complain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Youn's Stay Staffs profile

Rough translations (source: http://program.tving.com/tvn/younstay/2/Contents/Html)

CEO Yoon Yeo Jung

CEO Yoon who closed her restaurant and changed her business to lodging accomodation! She is ready to greet the guests with gentle smile and pleasant conversation!

Vice President Lee Seo Jin

Systematic business management is a basic skill! Another plus for sweet dessert dishes! Vice President Lee is heavily armed with high-quality service tailored to customer's preference! 

Director/Chief Jung Yu Mi

With her upgraded cooking skill, she becomes the head chef! A feast of dishes that satisfy the five senses presented by Chief Jung!

Manager Park Seo Jun

He was the youngest in Youn's Kitchen and got a fast promotion as Manager in Youn's Stay! Manager Park who takes charge of kitchen 24 hours a day with good stamina and passion!

Intern Choi Woo Shik

An ideal person for Youn's Stay recruitment! From greeting the guests to organizing rooms, preparing ingredients and serving food~ An all-round assistant Inter Choi who has plan for everything.

• Like 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Ok, I'm done watching episode 1. Totally forgot it has premiered.

Lee Seo Jin was hilarious. I can imagine all the swearing went past his mind when Na PD told them where Youn's Stay would be. And I also love it when Youn Yuh Jung told him off so casually at the restaurant, "Who do you think you are to come late" :lol: and covered her mouth looking embarrassed.

Youn Yuh Jung was cute too that she wanted to load the QR reader app on her phone herself. I like that she's doing it on her own indicating she's willing to learn.

I thought I'll see Celebrity Chef Baek Jong Won again but because they had to serve palace type food so they learnt it from a fine dining chef instead. Hmm, wonder where this chef's restaurant is. Should go visit in the future. ♥

The amount of labour put into making the beef patte was way too much. And kudos to Park Seo Joon taking up the challenge. After learning the dish, he went home and practice continuously for 3 days. Respect the professionalism. Obviously there's pressure to do well - it's on TV and people are eating this.

@Tofu Let's marry Park Seo Joon...a man who can cook is ♥

I'm actually quite shocked that it has been 3 years since season 2's Youn's Kitchen. It felt like I've only seen it less than 2 years ago.

Episode 1 is just settling in so we haven't seen any huge disaster yet. Woo Shik is, at the moment, doing well with picking up the guests, introducing the hanok and conversing well with the guests in English. Much more fluently and naturally than Seo Jin.

I totally relate to him about "thinking in X language and having to translate in the head first before speaking it" because it is what I do too. The other night I was even randomly having Korean conversation in my head when I imagined going back to Korea for a trip with family, ha ha ha ... :BulbaConfused:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

The opening sentence somehow make me a bit teary, as they're sorry for giving us show about excursions when we already being stay at home. And they're hoping covid will stop and we all can enjoy the spring. I already think the show going to be lovely, as they're so thoughtful. 

ROFL at the Lee Seo Jin deciding the price, when he want to charge higher for couple. Everyone said do you hate a couple ? :eeeee:

The place quite huge, no wonder Wooshik also mentioned if anyone will get lost.

download.jpg 

The food so aesthetically pleasing too, I think Jang Geum will be proud! Haha... 

Your oppa PSJ looks good while cooking @Tofu 😂

Intern work evaluation, he's not ready yet bwahaha.... 

LSJ grinding the coffee with dimples is so worth it 😂

20210109-194919.jpg

Lol Seo Jinnie taking care of Woo Shik like his son sometimes, when he reminding him to wear his uniform. SJ also taking care of Yoo Mi and help rolling her sleeves. 

And the bear miniature for the logo is so cute. Last season was rabbit. 

2021-01-09-00.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The place quite huge, no wonder Wooshik also mentioned if anyone will get lost.

When I saw where the 3 main guest hanok are, the first thing I thought of was: *Insert swear word F*! That's a LOT of walking uphill for whoever is carrying the luggages! And pleaseeee tell me they don't have to clean the guest house! I don't think they will because that's too much work and I remember I read/heard the introduction saying the guests are only staying one night...?

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

And the bear miniature for the logo is so cute. Last season was rabbit.

I think they use bear this time is because there are bears at that area (as shown in the beginning).

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Yes to marrying Park Seo Jun, @mademoiselle! There is very little convincing that he needs to do for me to agreed to that. :laugh:

I haven't watched the episode yet (been so busy) but from the clips, it's always nice to hear Choi Woo Shik speak in English. His family lives in Canada, they moved there when he was younger. 

• Haha 4
On 12/31/2020 at 9:21 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselleI watched LSJ last year on Little Forest. On appearance wise he looked very good for almost 50 y.o. But you can see him looked tired all the time? Haha... 

He also in above article already start to complain lols.... 

LOL, I never missed Little Forest, LSJ was like a father to all those cute toddlers especially to Grace and Brooke.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:06 AM, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea They are serving Royal Palace style food (according to the C-sub) so it is fine dining kind of food this time, so yes, more high class. I wonder normally how much that beef dish would cost because that is a lot of labour.

The foods they served are like fine dining, small portions and well presented.

That beef patties, takes a long time to prepare. 
I rather pay to eat then to make, LOL

Was surprise Woo Sik can speaks good English. They assigned him to the correct job.

But, I pity him. The amount of walking he has to do, sending guest to their designated rooms, deliver meals, etc

is indeed tiring. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Was surprise Woo Sik can speaks good English. They assigned him to the correct job.

But, I pity him. The amount of walking he has to do, sending guest to their designated rooms, deliver meals, etc

is indeed tiring. 

Actually Park Seo Joon English also seems not too bad. At least he can answer question from the Belgium & Denmark couple that showed in Youn's Kitchen 2. They were so impressed by his 4.4m IG followers lols.

I actually quite excited with this Youn's Stay, more than any other drama that I follow now.. haha... it's so relaxing to watch the food show with beautiful hanok as background. And I like all the cast members too. Can't wait!

• Like 2