The Witch's Diner / Come to the Witch's Restaurant 마녀식당으로 오세요 [2021]

Jane

These Nevertheless boys....always trying to steal the girl Chae Jong Hyeop likes. :pandarage2:

gVh2vMa.png

FYI, the guy in this photo plays Nabi's (FL in Nevertheless and the girl Chae Jong Hyeop's character likes) ex-boyfriend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Shocked 2
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:
On 7/29/2021 at 1:56 PM, Tofu said:

For Sweet Home, I'm still watching that slowly but it's not high on my priority list.

"Sweet Home" - One drop. One not on priority list

I watched Sweet home until the end. How do you do it @Tofu I was obssesed with it and can't wait for Season 2 if there will be one. But no has mentioned a Season 2 yet. 

:pandasad:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Episode 4

So in the end Ahn Eun Jin didn't get her happiness at all? She sacrifices her voice for this. :lettalKWA: The cameo is no joke, even Ji Il Joo made an appearance which is a hint that she could have had been happy with him. Although lol, in Find Me in Your Memory, Ji Il Joo was the obsessive PD stalking Moon Ga Young. And what was that epilogue?! I'd think he found his job after that but he had to sleep on the street and only now the lady found him which I'm guessing she'll be his ticket to find a stable job.

What happened to Jin after she eats the leftover food? Who is that guy she met at the mall anyway (don't tell me he's Nabi's ex-BF please, lol). There's not a lot of Song Ji Hyo, isn't it? So this show Nam Ji Hyun is the female lead and Ji Hyo is second FL? It feels like each episode is so short that there is not enough time for proper story-telling of the important characters.

• Like 8

Episode 4 ~ I thought the wish was rather pathetic... I'm sorry for being harsh, but I strongly believe the world out there, especially the women (and young girls), urgently needs to be told that their world does not revolve around a man's love. Do not ever give up on yourself just to obtain the love of another person. It's never worth it. If that guy cannot treasure you, forget him and move on. There are still many men out there worthy of your love and time. But it's a drama, and that's why we the audience is being shown the consequences. I just feel really bad that she lost her beautiful voice. 

The episodes are short and I remember this drama is only 8 episodes? I wonder what else is in store. Very curious especially on the childhood of Jin. Mom is hiding something from her... And what will happen to her for eating the leftover chocolate?

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Hahaha, my main thought while watching Episode 4 was: Has this girl never seen The Little Mermaid before?!? :lettalKWA: She totally got sea witched = trades amazing singing voice for a man! Ugh, no...you should never trade your talents for a jerk who didn't notice/ appreciate you! On an even bigger scale....NOOOOOOOOO.....Jin can't fall for that Nevertheless guy when Gil Yong/ Chae Jong Hyeop just scored a date! :scaredpanda2: Thank god @mademoiselle tagged me and @Tofu for the behind the scenes crumbs :heart:

Episode 4

- I'm glad that GY's friend is back from the hospital and no longer scared of the bullies...and Damn, Gil Yong looked so cool standing up for his friend :BulbaOWO: However, it makes me wonder how they're going to stand up to the bullies...not through the witch's food right? :psweatduck:

- Ah, I was simultaneously sympathetic and mehhh about this week's restaurant visitor. As mentioned before, she fell into the exact same trap as The Little Mermaid. Haha, I personally would have started running as soon as Heera said she wanted a voice payment because we all know from the fairytale that she's not going to be 'loved' once she gives her voice away. :BulbaConfused: 

- What I liked about this week's episode is that it shows that we always think we'll be happy if we get want we want, especially when something bad happens and we always have a sense of nostalgia for things being better the way they were. But actually sometimes one doors closes so that another one opens. If actress had accepted that her boyfriend had cheated on / dumped her, she could have found someone even better. But because she forces fate to align with her wishes, she no longer has that sense of nostalgia and the truth is that her everyday relationship was already full of cracks but she romanticised it when she was told it was over. Letting go is key. :idk:

- Speaking of the 'someone better' she could have ended up with, damn, she missed out! :PikachuFacePalm:...A doctor who loved musicals and came to watch her every show?! I thought it was silly that she didn't question who the flowers were from when she got them. But I guess people tend to fixate when they break up :mine:

- Noooo!!! I'm stressed for Gil Yong and Jin. I mean, I was so happy that Jin just volunteered herself for a date with him (notice Gil Yong was all adorable smiles when he didn't have to do much for her to agree to see a movie :smug::wow:)...That scene where they walked home together made me smile for a week...but now there's danger because of damn Tom Kim :PikachuFacePalm: 

- Why did she have to eat the leftovers?! :letalQQ: But I guess Jin wasn't thinking of anyone as she ate since it's not about her ex coming back into the picture. The girl was just hungry :laugh:

- But wait, did Heera's words mean that Heera herself ate magic food (ie. succumbed to magic) and that meant she 'chose' to be a witch? :thinking: I can't wait to see Heera's backstory. 

- Jin's mum definitely struck a deal with the witch. Maybe Jin got lost and the deal was: Find my daughter and you can have her when she hits a certain age? :thinking:

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The cameo is no joke, even Ji Il Joo made an appearance which is a hint that she could have had been happy with him. Although lol, in Find Me in Your Memory, Ji Il Joo was the obsessive PD stalking Moon Ga Young.

Hahaha he was also the abusive boyfriend in Age of Youth ....haha maybe the actress wouldn't have been happy with him either :laugh: Maybe the torture is she thinks she would have been happier with him :idk: (although JIJ was the fairly likeable funny best friend in Weightlifting Fairy)

And what was that epilogue?! I'd think he found his job after that but he had to sleep on the street and only now the lady found him which I'm guessing she'll be his ticket to find a stable job.

I think it shows that the wishes are not instant gratification. It takes time for things to come into effect, and could take months and years. Though the payment was taken relatively quickly :lenny: I would have thought he would get prize money or something, but maybe that was spent on his hospital bills :thinking: *me overthinking drama logic* That's why I wish there were more episodes to flesh out the storylines - I'm thinking maybe that is the lady he saved? Maybe she has a rich family or something.

There's not a lot of Song Ji Hyo, isn't it? So this show Nam Ji Hyun is the female lead and Ji Hyo is second FL? It feels like each episode is so short that there is not enough time for proper story-telling of the important characters.

I think maybe there'll be a few episodes where SJH will have more airtime, but I feel like Jin is the main character. But I'm not too surprised since I feel like it was sold to me that way (ie. from the posters and promo stuff). Totally agree the episodes are short...I need more! :letalQQ:

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Episode 4 ~ I thought the wish was rather pathetic... I'm sorry for being harsh, but I strongly believe the world out there, especially the women (and young girls), urgently needs to be told that their world does not revolve around a man's love. Do not ever give up on yourself just to obtain the love of another person. It's never worth it. If that guy cannot treasure you, forget him and move on.

Yep totally felt the same way about the actress' wish! Having seen friends (both guys and girls) go through bad long-term break-ups, I guess you should never make rash decisions straight after a break up. People get so irrational at that point.

And You're totally right - no one should pin their self-worth on a relationship or someone elses' love or their opinions of you. I guess the problem is people tend to do it if it's a long-term relationship and they were not privy to the decision to end it. Still I'd hope to love myself enough to never torture myself in that way :PikachuFacePalm:

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

17 hours ago, JenL said:

Ah, I was simultaneously sympathetic and mehhh about this week's restaurant visitor. As mentioned before, she fell into the exact same trap as The Little Mermaid.

Hahahaha I think when she said, "Your voice". I bet everyone thought of Ursula and Ariel in Disney's Little Mermaid. I also want to break out singing the song. xD

a48d46667bc3e627e1fadc07a2c7fd68.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha I think when she said, "Your voice". I bet everyone thought of Ursula and Ariel in Disney's Little Mermaid. I also want to break out singing the song. xD

That poor unfortunate souls song is catchy! :laugh: You know, when I as a kid I loved Ariel. But then I watched this movie a few years back for work and was like....wow, Ariel sure is annoying :lettalKWA: Like really, she's going to give up everything for a guy she thinks is hot because she saw him once on a boat?! After that Ursula became my favourite character :lenny:

But personally, if I was going to be a witch I'd wanna look as smoking cool as Song Ji Hyo :cool:

HVRoXSr.gif

25VyAVe.gif

And nooo...this is too ominous.... what's going to become of my two favourites :letalQQ:

xzTYAHB.gif

Credit: Dream 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hard to watch episode.

Losing voice to sing I felt is still better than losing 2 fingers. But the trade off is to get back that useless boyfriend:PikaWutS:. And it was funny that in the end she also got swayed easily by flower doctor :PikachuFacePalm:. My advice when you broke up, just wait till he become bald & fat (will took couple of years, be patient) and you will realized you're better off without them 😅😂

Btw @mademoiselle, she always have relationship problem lols, reminded me of her in More than Friends drama. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Ugh. Honestly, episode 4 was so hard to watch. Willing to give everything up, including your dreams and your voice, for the sake of getting back a guy who has already left you once? Even without the witch's intervention, it was clear that the guy was a loser and she would eventually regret her decisions. If he felt any real love for her, it was over a long time ago, and then she basically became his support while he did as he wanted.

The handsome admiring young doctor was to show her that there could have been other men in the world whom she could have been with, and seeing the text message which caused her bf to return to her were all just knives in the wound twisting just that much more, and bringing her to realization much faster than she might have otherwise realized. The sad part is that she would have realized it sooner or later, especially if her bf would have come running back to her to have her support him when he failed to get a civil service job.

The difference now is that she knows exactly what he thinks of her, and of what she has chosen for her life to become. Not to mention, she won't be able to work in her chosen field any more, and he apparently can't get a job, so they will have money troubles on top of everything else very shortly.

ugh. Honestly, I never liked The Little Mermaid story. Even as a little girl when I first heard it, I wanted to smack the mermaid who gave up a part of herself so that she could be with some guy she saw only once.

This isn't really sacrificing for love which I think one can and should do. But neither the singer nor the little mermaid was really about love. Rather, the singer was about her fears, and the little mermaid was about a fantasy that was all in her own head. ugh again. I wonder if we'll see the singer again, or if she is now to be left to her own dire situation. Either way, I hope she cuts her losses and gets rid of her loser bf regardless of what else she might do.

Plus, not sure what is going on with Jin now that she's eaten the leftovers, and it looks as if she's going to accept the approaches of the other guy? Perhaps it's good that there are so few episodes so that things will resolve quickly rather than getting dragged out.

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 4
2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

My advice when you broke up, just wait till he become bald & fat (will took couple of years, be patient) and you will realized you're better off without them 😅😂

Hahahaha no need to wait. She's aftering Kim Dae Myeong's Yang Seok Hyung (Hospital Playlist) who's considered on the chubby side (although not bald).

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw @mademoiselle, she always have relationship problem lols, reminded me of her in More than Friends drama. 

Hahahaha yeah although More than Friends was because of her own inferiority complex.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 8

Saw this drama news months ago I think and I am quite late return to dramaland, just resume this week. And finally got the time to watch this. I love the show! At first I was hesitated to start it. But some random post showing mandrake and Jin scenes, I was like... oooh Harry Potter plant?? Then, I end up watching it. 

I like magic thing and reality fusion concept they go with. That every decision you make will have its concequencies or nothing is such a free dinner. It has price for every wish you get. The characters are interesting and mysterious. The witch is just so fashionable even with her smudgy gothic make up look. And also Jin and Gil Yong. I never expect that this drama will have romance, but these two are easily wavering my heart.

Haha. I thought the epilogue was on for ep 1, they have more!! I just realized after 4 and back to find Gil Yong's epilogue. His wish, awww, hope he will win Jin's heart. Funny trivia, CJH is an oppa for NJH, but it's refreshingly new in dramaland to have younger actress acted as noona here. I saw CJH in Sisyphus. And thought, ugh he wasnt the lead. He is potentially to be adopted into my oppa collections. Lols

Ah, havent checked what day this is aired, I want next episodes soon, the movie date!!! :wow:

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

Came here and I'm glad I'm not the only one that found the episode a bit difficult to watch. The moment she sang, I knew that it will be the thing taken from her, and I had such a hard time seeing it unfold

I've actually forgotten the Little Mermaid story. Thank you all for refreshing my memory. 😄 

The epilogue is pretty interesting. I'm thinking the wishes aren't as straight forward as previously shown like the lottery wish from the beginning. I feel like all the wishes made and will be made in the current restaurant all tie up together, and maybe all will come to full fruition towards the end? 

Like the singer's BF came back to her the night (?) after she made the wish. But it's not necessarily cause of the wish yet. Him coming back was just because he lost his other girl but he doesn't actually seem to be in love with her again... Unless you know... She wished that he love her again and what we saw afterwards was actually just the extent of his love all along. 😄 

Always need to be more specific with wishes. 😅

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

@mademoiselle Because she wanted to see if her premonitions about her time with Tom Kim was accurate so she canceled on him. I felt so bad for Gil Yong because he even purchased her a dreamcatcher to catch all the bad dreams she's been having. 

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Whoa... that was fast... 😧 second meeting and already a back hug? This guy is a player for sure. 

I would not be surprised because he was in Nevertheless too. :niu:

I only caught a little bit of episode 5 today and won't be able to watch the rest until later today, did they talk about Jin eating the leftover food from the last episode in today's episodes? I'm assuming that Tom Kim is the result of that. 

• Like 5
On 8/2/2021 at 9:53 AM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL

Hahaha aish that's a 1989 classic piece and from an older era, you can't fault it like that. I feel like listening to Disney now

On 8/2/2021 at 4:43 PM, stroppyse said:

ugh. Honestly, I never liked The Little Mermaid story. Even as a little girl when I first heard it, I wanted to smack the mermaid who gave up a part of herself so that she could be with some guy she saw only once.

This isn't really sacrificing for love which I think one can and should do. But neither the singer nor the little mermaid was really about love.

Hahaha, I can and I will fault Ariel :heiboi:  :smile: I mean, she was a bad influence for my generation!!! Look at Mulan. Now there's a Disney heroine who had some backbone! I see @stroppyse has the same feelings as me about The Little Mermaid too :lenny: Haha, although I agree that the story was made in a different era, I do think even if she was to fall in love, she could have been less annoying and giggly. My friend did say in Ariel's defence that she's a teenager, so maybe that accounts for her silliness. Whereas now I relate to Ursula because I'm jaded and old(er) :idk:

On 8/2/2021 at 3:41 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

My advice when you broke up, just wait till he become bald & fat (will took couple of years, be patient) and you will realized you're better off without them

Hahaha, This is very solid advice :cool: But so true. No one can stay hot forever! :laugh:

No one is worth your dignity and if you have to trade it to get them to notice you/ take you back, they're definitely not worth it. I find it hard to like people who don't like me anyway if I'm trying to be nice to them...I could never understand those people who try to grovel to the 'popular' kids at school, chase after a good looking but mean guy etc. I mean, is it fun to torture yourself? :PikachuFacePalm: I think sometimes people are so caught up in the idea of 'being rejected' that they don't think, 'Hey, actually that person is not as kind/ genuine/ loving as they were meant to be if they could just get angry/ be mean to me/ dump me for this small reason'  

On 8/2/2021 at 4:43 PM, stroppyse said:

Rather, the singer was about her fears, and the little mermaid was about a fantasy that was all in her own head. ugh again. I wonder if we'll see the singer again, or if she is now to be left to her own dire situation. Either way, I hope she cuts her losses and gets rid of her loser bf regardless of what else she might do.

I totally agree with you. Though I guess to be fair to the singer/ actress, her boyfriend did gaslight and say those nasty things to her when they were breaking up about how she was never going to make it since she had been trying all these years and hadn't had her big break. So I guess she was influenced by her fears that nothing would work out for her including her relationships. I think sometimes when people have been in long shitty relationships they don't realise how bad their situations are ill they're shown it (ie. how the doctor was so lovely about her singing and had same interests as her). But she definitely shouldn't have been so desperate to latch onto a cheating guy...she could have fixed her fears by wishing for her singing dreams to come true!

:PikachuFacePalm::PikachuFacePalm::PikachuFacePalm:

On 8/2/2021 at 5:39 PM, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha yeah although More than Friends was because of her own inferiority complex.

Haha does this actress always play roles with inferiority complex?! :thinking:

On 8/2/2021 at 8:03 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

I like magic thing and reality fusion concept they go with. That every decision you make will have its concequencies or nothing is such a free dinner. It has price for every wish you get. The characters are interesting and mysterious. The witch is just so fashionable even with her smudgy gothic make up look. And also Jin and Gil Yong. I never expect that this drama will have romance, but these two are easily wavering my heart.

Yayyy glad you're joining us! You've just listed everything I love about this series too! :heart: And yesss, I want a happy Jin-Gil Yong ending too. It doesn't have to be a super obvious happy ending, but they both can't be dating other people...and make it somewhat cute! :laugh:

On 8/2/2021 at 8:03 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

I saw CJH in Sisyphus. And thought, ugh he wasnt the lead. He is potentially to be adopted into my oppa collections. Lols

Join ussss :wow2:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 7

Episode 5

- I was so sad because Jin stood up GY and ending up going out with swarmy TK instead :lettalKWA::letalQQ: And poor GY even bought her a thoughtful present (a pretty dreamcatcher because he remembered that she was struggling with nightmares! This guy is too sweet :heart:)

- But to be fair to Jin, she doesn't really look like she's in love either. More like she's in a trance and can't stop what she's choosing to do :psweatduck:

- I think our feelings about GY possibly being like Director/ CEO oh are correct @mademoiselle. I mean, GY's wish was to stay by her side forever and now he's being comforted by the guy...and his flashback to his wish was the exact same...he just wanted to be by Heera's side, even if she never loved him. Poor Director Oh :mine:

- Aw, GY's dad is so chill and nice, telling his son to do whatever he feels is right for him and not to live according to expectations. Is he really an Asian parent though? :laugh: I really liked what he said about there not only being one right path...and I feel like that will be the case for Jin too. 

- Poor GY looked so sad when he found out Jin was seeing someone and his reaction when he tells her she deserves better :letalQQ: Haha, he is the better choice if she can wait a few years :smug:

- Looks like the visiting witch is Heera's mum? Or a guiding witch who acts like a mother to her? :thinking:

- At least 2 fingers guy got a decent wish = rich girlfriend and a good office job! :CharmanderYay:

- This episode made me sad because TK got so much airtime, but GY didn't :lettalKWA:...but one thing I really like is how often they have scenes where GY walks Jin home and they have nice little conversations...it's so cute! :heart::hearties:

-Memories is such a high price!!! But I guess the elderly lady was getting old anyway and she knew her sacrifice was for the greater good of her son :letalQQ:

• Like 6