Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

5 hours ago, Dhakra said:

But Choi's drunk, harsh words do have a truth in them. This really is a ridiculous reason.

I don't think it is. He missed the important parts and couldn't recall this in his memory. That reason is quite understandable from YS's point of view. She knows if she keeps dating him she only put some burden on him and their conditions back then are not financially stable like now. And with her leaving him was actually making him changed to be more motivated with his life. 

5 hours ago, Dhakra said:

For real. Normally they should be journalists around him day in, day out. NJ appearing in front of his house and no one notices it? Normally both would be tracked by fans of NJ and journalists alike. 

I think it is because she has more anti-fan than her real fans. The drama doesn't focus on NJ storyline, and I don't think I wanna see more scandal scenes in the last 2 episodes to come. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
9 hours ago, Dhakra said:

For real. Normally they should be journalists around him day in, day out. NJ appearing in front of his house and no one notices it? Normally both would be tracked by fans of NJ and journalists alike. 

9 hours ago, Dhakra said:

So they try to tell me that one episode of a documentary is enough to make Choi famous and get recognized on the street, but having an affair with korea's most beautiful and famous idol does not? :laugh:Yeah, sure. 

see, yes sure, this ain't get me too :laugh: they missed these details about star level, at least give us a glimpse of impact of that, not a focus story but just I mean, be realistic a bit

~~

@Alice Wonderland they are super cute I'm kinda lowkey manifest HAHAHAHA

and Wooshik to me growing more & more attractive 😳

~~

AND WUT happen to JW confuse me a bit. And it just so sad story of him :( why his mother would ask that? To torture or resolve (making closure)? JW needs to talk about peach, mother needs to talk about the reason pls just tell it was all for making end meets or there will be surprise that JW not her child also like CW or something just no way :( [I'm a bit overthinking lol given 'rom-com' dramas have desperate twists these days]

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Do you guys think the mysterious guy lurking in front of Woong’s cafe could be his father?? 

I missed this one, is there?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

I am torn about JW as well. A part of me doesn't understand how he can be in so much pain now when he was able to put YS out of his mind for the past 10 years. But then I think to myself that perhaps seeing her and being around her again brought all those repressed feelings back to the surface and because he never really had a chance to do anything about it, it's lingering. I truly think he agreed to do the documentary because he needed to see for himself that CW and YS were truly done so that he wouldn't feel so bad about pursuing YS. Unfortunately for him, YS and CW never stopped loving each other so to JW, it feels like a lost opportunity all over again. The part that I guess I am boggled by is that from the looks of it, JW never really spent as much time with YS as CW so I don't understand where the deep attachment is coming from. For me, CW's deep attachment to YS is very relatable because not only did they spend time shooting the documentary but also that they dated for 5 years. There was an actual relationship with shared memories. The way I understood that flashbacks is that after CW and YS started dating, JW pretty much avoided spending too much time with them. 

All this time, I thought YS never told CW why she broke up with him but it turns out, she did tell him except that he was drunk and he dropped his phone mid-conversation. At this point, I don't understand why YS won't just tell CW the real reason behind the breakup. Her pride and insecurity is what led to the break up in the past and unless she deals with it, it will be an underlying problem that will resurface eventually. Because of her refusal to be honest with CW, it is causing him to feel insecure as well and eventually he will misunderstand her. 

It looks like we might see CW's biological father make an appearance at some point. It seemed to be that when CW was giving his dad money, there was someone watching from afar. I wonder what the story is with that one. I hope he isn't coming back into the picture only because of CW's success.

As for JW's mother, I wonder what her story is. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

16 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I don't think it is. He missed the important parts and couldn't recall this in his memory. That reason is quite understandable from YS's point of view. She knows if she keeps dating him she only put some burden on him and their conditions back then are not financially stable like now. And with her leaving him was actually making him changed to be more motivated with his life. 

But she makes three steps before even consulting or asking him. Who says it's a burden for him? It's like he said, if she says she doesn't like him anymore, that's sad, but acceptable, but if the sole reason for her is to not put any burden on him, if her sole reason is to avoid her own low self esteem, then it's pathetic. 

She cannot decide for him, if it's a burden or not, he always wanted to be there for her. 

Nah, I still think he would have gone his way. He already reflected on himself while their were still being together. He looked at universities after he realized he may have sounded aimless. 

Yeon Su was a source of strength for him, she always way. She could have motivated him, like she always did. Leaving him did the same as being with him, just with a lot more pain. 

16 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I think it is because she has more anti-fan than her real fans. The drama doesn't focus on NJ storyline, and I don't think I wanna see more scandal scenes in the last 2 episodes to come. 

ESPECIALLY anti-fans are interested in this. Also, she didn't become so successful and owns three houses from only having anti-fans. If she is part of the business since 10years, she will have attention anywhere she goes, if people like her or not. 

No, now it's too late anyway, but during the last 2-3 episodes it would have been natural if Choi Ung had to face public attention and people following his steps. 

I mean, during the drama NJ and others apologize to him that he has to endure a celebrity scandal, even Yeon Su always says how likely it is that her crush is part of a national celebrity dating scandal, but in fact, it didn't play any role at all. Choi barely had to face anything. 

13 hours ago, bairama said:

see, yes sure, this ain't get me too :laugh: they missed these details about star level, at least give us a glimpse of impact of that, not a focus story but just I mean, be realistic a bit

Exactly. A glimpse of how it is, journalists gathering in front of his house, people following him around, maybe invading his personal space. He was caught on cam with the most successful celebrity, people would go crazy if this would happen in rl. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Okay…I enjoyed episode 14 more than I did with 13.

Like many here, I am struggling with Ji Ung’s unrequited feelings for Yeon Su after so many years. To be honest, if it were me, knowing that she was my best friend’s ex and is his girlfriend today, I would put my feelings for Yeon Su to rest. I really hope Ji Ung can get there. I like Chae Ran, but I also like NJ. It never occurred to me for a possible pairing with NJ, but I thought they seemed to understand each other. Also, for the first time in a while, Ji Ung seemed to smile a little during their dinner conversation together.

But gosh, what a bomb that Ji Ung's mother dropped on him. I feel so bad and sad for him. His mother too. I feel like there has to be her side of the story for everything. I hope the finale will delve into it. He needs closure on this too.

Ung wondered if he may be immature or unreliable, but I do not think so. He wants to know the reason for their break-up, not just out of curiously, but so he can prevent the same mistake from happening again. He really wants to make their relationship lasting. That his goal. As he said, he will spend the rest of his life with Yeon Su.

The part where Ung was secretly walking Yeon Su home from work (without her knowing) melted me. In case doing so might have overwhelmed her, he did it silently. When she finally admitted to him that she actually wanted him to, he then revealed himself to her. So sweet. I think by her acknowledging to him that she did not want him to in past was because she did not want it to be a burden is a start for her to be honest/open with him. It is perfectly okay to share burdens with each other. That is part of being in a relationship together. She will not be able to change completely overnight, but I think by Ung being patient and showing that she can rely on him through actions, she will get there.

20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Do you guys think the mysterious guy lurking in front of Woong’s cafe could be his father?? 

12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The part where Woong gave money secretly to his father. After the father went inside with the neighbor. 

Yes, I thought it could be Ung's biological father too. I actually wanted to see this happen and for them to finally meet again. If he is lurking in secret, he may not have bad intentions. He probably just wants to know how his son is doing, etc. (Maybe like the story in When the Camellia Blooms.)

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Dhakra you misread my point, what you wrote there probably comes from your point of view to the situation of them. You and we all know both of their stories as viewers. But that reason becomes reasonable if we look from YS's point of view solely. That's what I mean. Hopefully this is not confusing. Lols

For NJ parts, I think the writer decide not to give her more spotlight on that matter. So we are only supposed to believe she is super popular even with less publicity of her private life. I mean the drama prefer not to tell on this more, they just hint it slightly on several episodes before.

But of course like other dramas, OBS also has some tropes that seems very far fetched. So if we really want to nitpick of this thing, then we may find lots of them here. Lols

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, peperomia said:

Ung wondered if he may be immature or unreliable, but I do not think so. He wants to know the reason for their break-up, not just out of curiously, but so he can prevent the same mistake from happening again. He really wants to make their relationship lasting. That his goal. As he said, he will spend the rest of his life with Yeon Su.

54 minutes ago, peperomia said:

The part where Ung was secretly walking Yeon Su home from work (without her knowing) melted me. In case doing so might have overwhelmed her, he did it silently. When she finally admitted to him that she actually wanted him to, he then revealed himself to her. So sweet.

You know I really loved him for this thought. And personally I pick the scene when he quietly walked behind her until to these lines said as my fave from this episode. 

55 minutes ago, peperomia said:

She will not be able to change completely overnight, but I think by Ung being patient and showing that she can rely on him through actions, she will get there.

Agreed. And isnt it so sweet that CW said he is good in waiting. He will wait for her to tell him, to be opened up. Ah... when will monday come back???

As CW's dad, I am not surprised if he comes into the picture now, probably for the closure the writer finally wants to show him at us. Lols. 

What get me curious more why is Noah is there? Is it part of the flashback again or he meets woong accidently in the gallery. Why he said that to him. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

you misread my point, what you wrote there probably comes from your point of view to the situation of them. You and we all know both of their stories as viewers. But that reason becomes reasonable if we look from YS's point of view solely. That's what I mean. Hopefully this is not confusing. Lols

But you have to watch it from Choi's pov aswell, from his point of view, it really does look pathetic. Sure, he later forget, but in the situation he learned about the reason, his harsh words included truth. Yeon Su hesistating to tell him now aswell, probably indicates that she remembers his words aswell. He had a point. 

• Like 5

Ep 15 Preview

YS: What are you doing?
CW: Putting a bell on my cat’s neck.
YS: Shall we just play all day at home?
CW: One, two, three.
YS: Why are you laughing?
Man: Let’s write a new history for night exhibitions.
JW: What are you telling me to stop doing?
CR: Going around like a crazy person.
Kwak Do Yeon: Your life is pathetic. If you live like that, then what will become of your life?
CW: Why are we so pathetic?
YS: Whenever things are so happy like this, I always become anxious.

I'm sure there are subbed versions of this preview, but I came across it and wondered at how this drama will end. It seems perhaps YS' grandmother may pass away, but CW is there sticking by YS. Perhaps the grandmother's words to CW will cause CW to not leave YS alone even if she claims she wants him to go away. Unfortunately, just as in the scene where YS had wanted CW to come get her, but used to tell him that she didn't want him to since he would just be meddling, she tends not to reveal what she really wants.

I do see this as a root problem with the OTP relationship which YS is going to have to overcome. She has to trust CW rather than "protect" him. He's a grown adult as is she. They can be partners, but he doesn't need her protection. Rather, she perhaps needs his. When they were younger and he initially seemed the immature one, but she actually had a huge streak of mischief and immaturity that she usually kept hidden, as adults, she may need to rely on him more than he needs her. Though that doesn't matter since CW wants to be with YS.

It seems that CW may come across as being clueless and passive, but he is basically honest with himself and the people close to him about what he wants. YS has to trust that honesty and perhaps become more willing to be honest herself as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

YS: What are you doing?
CW: Putting a bell on my cat’s neck.

This is so cute of him calling her as his cat  :laugh:

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

YS: Why are you laughing?

He laughs at her poor drawing hahaha. Ah.. cant wait to see how she get annoyed for this. 

@bairama I amazed at how the knetz analyzed that part. But that scene was really sad. It was not easy for her either. Before she broke him up she practices in front of the mirror many times. 

I agreed with @stroppyse both will have to resolve this trust issues, especially on YS's part. Cuz it seems CW is ready for everything, anything he'll do if it involves YS. 

Now I dont want this to be ended soon. Can we have these pairing again in another project, movie or drama or varshow, whatever I will watch them. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2