Havenites Dabang

38 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha, yes! It was a scene worth celebrating! 🥳🎉🍾

@Alice Wonderland and @JenL: Come join us in the MTF thread! All three of them were kind of annoying in the latest episode but I'm sure they will be less annoying this weekend. 😅

Hmm...I don't think I did a good job selling the thread to you both to join, huh? 🤔🤣

I don't know if I can handle 3 annoying characters altogether! I already write such long essay like posts....They will only get longer if I'm writing to vent about how each character annoys me:PikaWutS:

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Just now, Alice Wonderland said:

Where did you write the essays? I'd like to read your vent. Hahaha. So I have a good company to vent on too. 

Hahaha, oh I haven't written anything for More than Friends. I just meant normally, even when I like the shows/characters I write a lot (Examples can be found in the following threads: Do You Like Brahms?, Dol dol sol sol la la sol & Start Up)....but my posts would probably be even longer if I was annoyed...I can imagine typing essays analysing why something is annoying  :smile::GrowDerp:

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

@Alice Wonderland I am watching 18 Again like speedy gonzales.  I am already done with eps 6. I cannot stop .....Gosh I'm in love , and no @NiteWalker no abs involved here . Just some fantastic story telling and very good acting. 

@SilverMoonTea True, I am trying to sell the drama too. :laugh:Lee Do Hyun is so good. He's not like hot in the abs-sense but got charisma & screen presence. Break out star of 2020.

@JenL @Jane @Tofu and anyone looking for a heartwarming story about second chances & dealing with regrets, I would recommend 18 Again. Fantasy yet slice of life . I cry and laugh my head off every single episode.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL @Jane @Tofu and anyone looking for a heartwarming story about second chances & dealing with regrets, I would recommend it. Fantasy yet slice of life . I cry and laugh my head off every single episode.

Help! I can't add another drama to the list. I already have trouble trying to keep up with 3. 

But I see @im0202 has bought it. Another successful sale by @LaLa!

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL @Jane @Tofu and anyone looking for a heartwarming story about second chances & dealing with regrets, I would recommend 18 Again. Fantasy yet slice of life . I cry and laugh my head off every single episode.

Haha I just watched the first episode tonight and it passed the test...I will continue watching (though I feel like I'm really far behind!) I already liked Lee Do Hyun for the charisma and very pretty gaze from Hotel Del Luna. In this series, I think he's doing a pretty good job as an old (middle aged) man in a teenager's body :laugh:

Not open to any more drama sales btw :NoHalCat: - 3 K-dramas & 1 T-drama all currently airing is going to kill me (in a good way) :BulbaOWO::PikaRIP:

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

@SilverMoonTea My kind sister, I don't even know we are competing in selling dramas xD. All I do is to let others know about a potential good drama that they might have missed. I tell them about the plot first and secondly the actors/actress whom they might like and admire, either for their talent, handsome face or *cough* something absolutely beautiful for a particular club *cough*. 

Oh new emojis :Party01:

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@abs-oluteM hahahaha good.. 4 thumbs up! Well I have done ep 10 and about to start ep 11 soon. But it's already so late for me and tomorrow is holiday so I will continue it both 11 to 12 tomorrow. 

@SilverMoonTea once you watch it you'll know why we love 18. Not just because I like LDH but the story really warm your heart. That kind of feeling. I doubted at first few minutes but then it turned out the other way round. It is so interesting and touching. 

Ok. I'm off to bed. See ya everyone. Jaljayo-eung!! Kekekke

• Like 8
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, JenL said:

I've put More than Friends on hold indefinitely. I think it'd probably get better once the third person came in to wreck havoc. But I couldn't see why the female lead liked the main guy that much in high school that she'd reject all these guys for him years later. Also I feel like if someone kept confessing to me and I'd said no two or more times, I would find them clingy? BUT the male lead was annoying me with his constant "rejecting but I still need you as a friend," even though I'm sure there'll be a good reason eventually. Those watching, does it get better, or is it more of this for several episodes? 

Too many other dramas/ too little patience for both main characters atm :idk:

Cant help but comment too. Haha. Hi! I'm putting this drama on hold too since ep 2. Hihi.

When I was younger, I like ML's type of character cause the drama do make them look cruel but cool. But as I get older, naaaahhh. Guys like him in real life are proud and selfish. They dont come around & redeem themselves, not in the end nor in the episode 8s of our lives. Hahaha

Oh, I miss JH. Sprinting to post here and there.

Good night!

Edited by -StrongTower-
  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@MayanEcho It's so good The Page Turner. It's only 3 episodes. Recommend!

Oooh, Page Turner! Totally recommend. And, not just because it's only 3 episodes. It's really good.

18 Again - I liked the movie that it was based on, but not sure of an entire drama about it. All I can think is that they're going to have the OTP suffer much more.

• Like 9
  • Heart Eyes 3

Good morning everyone~

Hello @mirmz what have you been up to?

@-StrongTower- Aiyooo, keep watching More Than Friends. This show is designed to let you all misunderstand Soo. More will be revealed later about him. He's not a bad boy / person type. He's just jaded and skeptical about love because of his parents. This show touches on how parents interact in their marriage would affect their children and it is a :valid: point.

@stroppyse They are actually doing very well with 18 Again. I only realised last night when I updated the episodes on the thread title that in 2 more weeks it will end, and so far the story is still going strong and good. A good blend of comedy and family/serious stuff. OTP hadn't been made to suffer but more on letting them discover the sacrifices they made for one another and the misunderstanding that had happened. Maybe the next 4 weeks they will have to focus more on the OTP, to close things out so if you are still unsure, wait 2 more weeks and we'll let you know if it's worth the time.

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 5
3 hours ago, mirmz said:

im doing good. i just got finished with my consumer science homework :D

also hi @mademoiselle!

Wow, what is consumer science?

Gosh, all this concurring opinions about The Page Turner. Makes me curious, I think I will check it out too.

8 hours ago, -StrongTower- said:

Cant help but comment too. Haha. Hi! I'm putting this drama on hold too since ep 2. Hihi.

When I was younger, I like ML's type of character cause the drama do make them look cruel but cool. But as I get older, naaaahhh. Guys like him in real life are proud and selfish. They dont come around & redeem themselves, not in the end nor in the episode 8s of our lives. Hahaha

Oh, I miss JH. Sprinting to post here and there.

Good night!

Oh you will see him come around. Come back and watch, it's up to Ep 8 now.

We miss you here too!

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 2

45 minutes ago, Jane said:

Wow, what is consumer science?

first of all hi janey 😍

second of all consumer science (or housewife class as i like to call it) is basically meal prep class but the course is for students a few years older than me so like if i was in 5th grade (which im not obviously) the class would be for 8th graders. it's just a really stupid class overall and i hate it. i mean most of the kids in my class already know all the crap she's teaching so why the heck is it a required class?!?!?!?!? i just really dont like it. but i am getting all 4's in that class so it's not too bad. my school doesnt grade by letters and it has a number system instead. (basically a 4 is equivalent to an A)

Edited by mirmz
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Tasty 1

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

Explosion Mic Drop GIF by P.O.S. - Find & Share on GIPHY

ttyl people <3

Good morning from my end of the world, Mirmzy @mirmz

Ahhh, we called this subject Home Economics when I was in school. Why do they try to make it sound science-y? Tsk. At least my school balanced it with a Design & Technology class, where we got to work with wood and metal. It was an all-girls' school as well so that was really unusual to have. Now that was fun!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Good morning everyone~

Hello @mirmz what have you been up to?

@-StrongTower- Aiyooo, keep watching More Than Friends. This show is designed to let you all misunderstand Soo. More will be revealed later about him. He's not a bad boy / person type. He's just jaded and skeptical about love because of his parents. This show touches on how parents interact in their marriage would affect their children and it is a :valid: point.

@stroppyse They are actually doing very well with 18 Again. I only realised last night when I updated the episodes on the thread title that in 2 more weeks it will end, and so far the story is still going strong and good. A good blend of comedy and family/serious stuff. OTP hadn't been made to suffer but more on letting them discover the sacrifices they made for one another and the misunderstanding that had happened. Maybe the next 4 weeks they will have to focus more on the OTP, to close things out so if you are still unsure, wait 2 more weeks and we'll let you know if it's worth the time.

@mademoiselle @-StrongTower- Haha, I think for me, I don't think the male character is necessarily selfish or bad, but I don't think I can deal with so many episodes dealing with 2 character types I don't particularly like - I think the female character gets under my skin also. I guess at least she tries to date. But I really don't see what she saw in him. It'd be like if I had a crush on a guy because he opened the door for me once ten years ago...unless there's more about their high school years in later episodes...it felt too bland to me for it to be such a strong love?? And confessing again and again and begging someone to love you feels a bit sad and devaluing to yourself (at least in the first episode). I agree that parents play an important role in shaping children's lives - The guy sounds like he's full of baggage. But if you want to see a guy with lots of baggage, I'd just recommend going dating because you see it too much in real life :laugh: Mind you, I've only seen 2 episodes, so maybe it gets a lot better later? Also this would be good drama for some, but I think it's just not to my tastes - I think I'm currently more into things having a comical side and the dramas revolving around fun antics rather than emotionally taxing (ie. The funny and ridiculous lies in Start Up & Dol dol sol sol la la sol & 18 Again)

Edited by JenL
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

1 hour ago, Jane said:

Good morning from my end of the world, Mirmzy @mirmz

Ahhh, we called this subject Home Economics when I was in school. Why do they try to make it sound science-y? Tsk. At least my school balanced it with a Design & Technology class, where we got to work with wood and metal. It was an all-girls' school as well so that was really unusual to have. Now that was fun!

That design and tech class sounded like it was cool! And definitely more unusual for girls schools! I feel like they usually like having food tech and home eco for girls. Old fashioned much? :nervous:

• Like 8