Go Ahead 以家人之名 [2020]

Fic Update: My story regarding HZQ and QMY is now complete: https://archiveofourown.org/works/26351800?view_full_work=true

Next fic will feature LJJ and LX (per @NiteWalker's request!).... just need to start working on it.  :P  

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

11 hours ago, Lynne said:

LOL... after last time's surfer show I am excited to watch HDJ and Yibo interacting again.. 

LOL, admittedly, I am too.  For the same reason.  But he's not relevant to this thread while the others are.  :P  (I'd shared this to the Yibo thread I'd have responded differently. ;))

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

I just re-watched the last few epis again & I have had some change in  my thoughts about the CT resolution given by the show.

The show never did give CT a happy ending. Nothing was shown that indicated that the issues between LX- CT were resolved  & they would play happy family in future. The show makers wanted to show that some people just never change but still they are your family member. You can only try & avoid presence of this family member who has hurt you deeply.

CT remained selfish till the end. The only realisation that she had was that if she wanted to be a part of LX's life in any capacity, then she would have to let him live his own life with the people that he loves. LX himself told her that if she wants to make up for her mistakes, she will have to do it by living & making an effort to repent for the mistakes after her suicide attempt. She finally accepted defeat in this one-sided battle she was fighting to win over LX from his actual family.

LX & LJJ were not shown being overtly chummy with her. They were being their kind polite self while sending her off. CT was the one who was holding LJJ's hand & speaking kindly to her in reciprocation. She has finally learnt her place in her son's life which is to love him from afar if she wants him to be happy. 

So I am satisfied with this end for her.

But my complaints for LX not being able to overcome his guilt regarding his sister's death & less scenes of LX-LJJ still remains. I think the show would have benefited from an additional 1 or 2 epis showing their happy family life so that the ending would not have felt rushed.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I just re-watched the last few epis again & I have had some change in  my thoughts about the CT resolution given by the show.

The show never did give CT a happy ending. Nothing was shown that indicated that the issues between LX- CT were resolved  & they would play happy family in future. The show makers wanted to show that some people just never change but still they are your family member. You can only try & avoid presence of this family member who has hurt you deeply.

CT remained selfish till the end. The only realisation that she had was that if she wanted to be a part of LX's life in any capacity, then she would have to let him live his own life with the people that he loves. LX himself told her that if she wants to make up for her mistakes, she will have to do it by living & making an effort to repent for the mistakes after her suicide attempt. She finally accepted defeat in this one-sided battle she was fighting to win over LX from his actual family.

LX & LJJ were not shown being overtly chummy with her. They were being their kind polite self while sending her off. CT was the one who was holding LJJ's hand & speaking kindly to her in reciprocation. She has finally learnt her place in her son's life which is to love him from afar if she wants him to be happy. 

So I am satisfied with this end for her.

But my complaints for LX not being able to overcome his guilt regarding his sister's death & less scenes of LX-LJJ still remains. I think the show would have benefited from an additional 1 or 2 epis showing their happy family life so that the ending would not have felt rushed.

I recommended a final family dinner at Li Ba’s house with that circle table, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

18 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I recommended a final family dinner at Li Ba’s house with that circle table, 

Yes I missed the family meal time scene in the last epi. It would have been fun to see how HM has adjusted in the family dynamic at the dinner table.

I would have also liked to see ZQ moving his business with the gang & family.

Also LX- LJJ house hunting for their after marriage home. 

I will stop here. My list is never ending. :)

• Haha 2
On 9/27/2020 at 12:59 PM, NiteWalker said:

@Alice Wonderland im still loving this particular scene....heart pain XiaoGe 3 second hahahahahhaah

Oh goshhh 😂😂😂 I can't stop laughing every time I rewatch this scene. It's time when our LJJ is still so immature kid. 🤣🤣🤣

She didnt see them as men she sees them just as her true siblings. I remember the period announcement and how she confidently brags her new bra present. Bwahahaha 😂😂😂🤣

TSY is so good in making that naive expressions. 👍👍👍

3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

hehehehhe, i think Moon is correct for calling JianJian a dog, cause the next thing, she bite LingXiao

LX - What's wrong?

JJ - Moon said I'm a dog!

Ohhhh nite I am trying to get over this... but I guess it's such a futile attempts. 😥 So I'll let myself drown into this GAH land for however long it takes me to. 

I like how he asked her what is going on. And how she cried like a baby. Aiyooo... who believes she's jiejie for all these grown up brothers. So I'll go with GAH logic instead. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1