Go Ahead 以家人之名 [2020]

@OsmanthusTea she ALWAYS plays the victim card and guilts her children into doing what she wants them to do. Even Little Orange knows it. You would have hoped that when she found out from Ling papa that LX is suffering from depression and on meds, that she would have backed off and let him heal. But NOPE, instead she is making the situation even worse. 

I don't know if the drama will lead ZQ and Little Orange into a relationship of their own but I'm hoping that it's one of a brother-sister relationship.

I am also shipping HM and Haichao. Now that it's been made clear that HM left ZQ out of selflessness, I am totally on board with this ship.

There's a particular line that LX says when they were sitting under that tree (after ZQ found out that HM had been in prison) that I thought was so accurate. LX says that some parents choose to live their lives through their children while there are those parents who leave their children for their children's sake. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@Mouse actually im glad that Orange is turning around......

and ZQ is a good enough as a calm elder brother who look after the sister.....and he gave some sounds advice too

she wasnt that bad....maybe when she was a kid she did something bad cause she wanted her brother back a brother her mom gave false hope on, on how he will care and love her.....

eventually LingXiao did turn around and care for her....seeing the birthmark that CT pointed out....i will never called CT as their mother....she doesnt qualify...she wanted to bend everyone to her will and make sure everything work out.....

it wasnt LingXiao fault......his sister died of choking.....he tried to get help and the door was lock...what can a 8 years old boy do??? even your husband had forgiven that and said that it was just an accident.....dont you think that it hurt him too???

not it was all ppl faults and not hers...never hers....even if she did make amend later on at the part of the show...i still prefer them to stay away from her...or keep a safe distance!!

• Like 3

@Mouse @NiteWalker

CT is spreading toxicity wherever she goes but I have to admit that Little Orange is the only person who doesn’t effected by her toxicity and even dares to challenges all of her statements and smashes back. 

Her rude behavior came from how she was brought up with so much poison from CT. But when she feels the real family love from JJ and family, she does turns around.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@Mouse @NiteWalker

CT is spreading toxicity wherever she goes but I have to admit that Little Orange is the only person who doesn’t effected by her toxicity and even dares to challenges all of her statements and even smashes back. 

yes.....LingXiao actually should learn from Orange a lil....while she rebel she didnt abandon her education as LingXiao stated that her grades is actually pretty good...

and she knows how to determine good or bad...just that some of CT's habits does rub off on her....after all she had been staying with the toxic since she was a kid....

one thing she is alot luckier than LX is that LingXiao had help her shielded those toxic.....

• Like 4

Li Ba- HM & the teacher was a love triangle I didn’t know I needed. Their back & forth in the noodle shop was so good. HM’s sarcastic retorts when the teacher tried to put down Li Ba were hilarious. Li Ba & HM are adorable together. HM’s flirting game was on point. I was so happy seeing them both happy & enjoying each other’s company.

Grandma Qian’s reactions to the fight was also hilarious. In the end she said to the teacher that she has still not learnt to judge people properly pointedly looking at her. Ha ha… this section was so heart warming.

I want more of Li Ba- HM flirting & also want to see the kids reaction to them. I also want to see some HM- LJJ interaction that we have not seen yet. I think LJJ will get another admirer who will spoil her & guide her because HM knows how important LJJ is to ZQ. I want to see the mom- son- daughter interactions.

• Like 3

Yes, I also think Little Orange isn’t bad by nature. Rather, she was brought up that way by CT. 

CT influenced her to be needy and spoiled and to crave attention from LX. This is also why she is so jealous all the time. 

I am glad that she is able to have an older brother in ZQ who neither spoils her nor makes it easy for her. He is frank with her but also does it in a balanced and loving way. 

Little Orange has such a negative view of the Li family because of CT. But now through ZQ, she is slowly learning that CT’s thinking might not be right after all. 

• Like 4

@NiteWalker @Mouse @OsmanthusTea I agree that LO is not a bad kid but just the usual bratty teenager. She cares for her family & wants them to be happy. Its just that she wants some attention from them. She requires the guidance of a responsible adult who is not related to her to make her learn about the world & people outside of her mom & brother. I am glad that ZQ is filling that role & treating her like a bratty sister who needs to curb her spoilt ways.

I have to disagree with the point regarding her being better in handling her mom than LX & LX needing to learn from her. Yes, she grew up in a toxic environment after her parents accident but most of the time the toxicity is not targeted towards her. CT actually ignores her until she needs to us her as a pawn against LX which has been a blessing in disguise for her.

Before her parents accident, LO was a kid who was loved & spoilt by her family. Only after her parents accident did she experience loss & grief. She doesn’t have the burden of guilt for death of her sister like LX does.

LX’s trauma is due to his guilt for not being able to save his sister & after CT’s blaming he also believes he was responsible for his mom’s condition & the break up of his family. He believes he owes his mom due to this guilt. CT continues to use his guilt to keep him hostage & manipulate him. Hence, it is difficult for him to oppose her when she keeps on emotionally harming him. His trauma is deeply imbibed in his heart. What he requires is understanding & patience to open himself about his trauma. LJJ is the one who provides this to him. Also Ling Ba is stepping up. He just requires his loved ones support to come out of his guilt & break his ties off with CT.

So I don’t think the trauma experienced by LX & LO can be compared when LX has been her shield who protected her from their mom.

I am happy that LO is now learning for herself the truth about the people who her mother always blames for taking LX away from them. She is living & interacting with them & getting to know them for herself. She can clearly see that they are different from the way that her mother had described them to her which in turn is helping her to understand how wrong her mother actually is. She can see how much loved LX is by his family & she can feel their love for herself as well.

I think she was deeply affected by LJJ’s casual statement to LX that since she loves LX, she loves LO as well.  She can also see ZQ’s loving relationship with LX & LJJ. This has allowed her to open herself to them & she is now acting less bratty towards them. She now warns LJJ about her mom’s dislike for her not to hurt her but because she has started to care for her. With ZQ’s advise she will also learn that she is as important to LX as LX is important to her. She will feel the love of this family & grow up from a spoilt kid to a responsible kid. I am really glad for her.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I have to disagree with the point regarding her being better in handling her mom than LX & LX needing to learn from her. Yes, she grew up in a toxic environment after her parents accident but most of the time the toxicity is not targeted towards her. CT actually ignores her until she needs to us her as a pawn against LX which has been a blessing in disguise for her.

no i dont think she is better, however i like her rebellious sides when she throw off ChenTing and i refuse to call a mother....

cause to me ChenTing is not a mother!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

no i dont think she is better, however i like her rebellious sides when she throw off ChenTing and i refuse to call a mother....

cause to me ChenTing is not a mother!

Yes I enjoy it when she refuses to let CT use her as an excuse & when she rebels against her. My point is that LX can't rebel against CT in the same way because of his guilt that CT keeps on reminding him of. He is not tolerating CT because he loves her but because he feels that he was responsible for the loss of his sister & the resulting events of his family's break up. That is the difference to me between LX & LO opposition to CT. 

Also its not like he doesn't talk back to CT or refuse CT's plans. He definitely does. But it is useless because CT doesn't listen or understand him. She hears only what she wants to hear & twists what she doesn't like.

I think we all are in agreement that she is not a mother from any pov.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I don't think she's better too, I just see that she has the guts to calls out CT's BS like when she told her to stop acted like a martyr. LX will never does that if not because of JJ, he endured it for years alone. She is rude and hates JJ and fam because most likely CT always tells her that they hate LO and CT. In the preview LO told CT point blanks that everyone is busy with their business and personal matters that in no way they have spare time to hate on us.

LO is yearning for family TLC especially after her dad gone and living with a mother who is incapable in loving her own children. Now she learns that family isn't exclusively apply to those who has blood relation. Staying with LJJ and the gank give her such positive influences.

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Yes I enjoy it when she refuses to let CT use her as an excuse & when she rebels against her. My point is that LX can't rebel against CT in the same way because of his guilt that CT keeps on reminding him of. He is not tolerating CT because he loves her but because he feels that he was responsible for the loss of his sister & the resulting events of his family's break up. That is the difference to me between LX & LO opposition to CT. 

Also its not like he doesn't talk back to CT or refuse CT's plans. He definitely does. But it is useless because CT doesn't listen or understand him. She hears only what she wants to hear & twists what she doesn't like.

I think we all are in agreement that she is not a mother from any pov.

exactly....

what LingXiao did for her was out of guilt and just felt that he owe it to her and nothing more and nothing less....however he will draw the lines if CT tried to pull that crap on JianJian

JianJian is someone he really treasure from the bottom of his heart and someone who had been saving him day in day out of the nightmares that he had been living in......so there is no way he will let CT leeches off or pull the same crap of things on JianJian.....

• Like 2

CT is so passive aggressive in her interactions. Her actions make me angry but most of the times I LOL at all her failed attempts at establishing herself as LX’s sole family.

CT visits his workplace once again without any reason just to leave an imprint of herself as his family to his colleagues. I was astounded at her nerve to get close to Dr. Feng as a prospective girlfriend for LX even after knowing LX is in a relationship with LJJ. I loved it when her fake smile dimmed on learning that Dr. Feng already knew about LJJ being his girlfriend. She still went ahead to add her on WeChat & inviting her to their house for visit.

During her talk with LX she says that she doesn’t want to disturb him & he should focus on his work. Then why are you visiting his workplace unannounced woman? LX doesn’t buy her bullshit. She again tries to gain sympathy by asking him what’s on his mind, pretending to be a caring mother. LX’s answer that he wants to marry LJJ stumps her. She starts making excuses like their relationship is still new, he doesn’t have lot of savings & his own house yet. She also offers to buy them a flat after she sells off her own a year later. LX was neither asking for her approval nor support. He was just informing her but she is still delusional enough to believe that he requires her approval.

CT is basically stalking LX now. She again visits his flat with his aunt in tow so that LX gives her his house password which he refuses to do so. Her mumbling to avoid letting her SIL know that LX is refusing to give her his password was so satisfying to watch. When LJJ arrived, she thought she would get the password out of her. But her plan was foiled again when LJJ 1st asked her to come for visit at her flat & then using fingerprint to unlock LX’s door. CT’s face when LJJ did this was so upset that I LOLed.

LJJ was trying to be pleasant to CT & LX’s aunt by providing them tea & fruit. Her familiarity with LX’s home is once again noticed by them. I hated it when CT was trying to pass off LJJ & Li Ba as the neighbors who took care of LX in return for money. She was trying to negate their relationship but I am glad that LJJ spoke up & told her to leave LX to her so that she can continue to take care of him. LJJ will not allow CT to diminish her role in LX’s life. She didn’t hide that she & LX are in a relationship when asked by LX’s aunt. Also loved that she explained that they started dating after his return & that she had always liked LX since childhood. She was trying to show her sincerity towards LX.

I literally felt like kissing the aunt when she told LJJ that LX also has always liked her a lot. How he had refused to stay for more than one night at Grandma’s place during the funeral rites, how he always talked about her & wanted to bring back delicacies for her. CT’s face on hearing that was so satisfying to watch. She fails to understand that just because she wants to deny that LX has a family who loves him & whom he loves back doesn’t actually change the truth. People who know LX & her know about his love for LJJ & his adopted family. She can fool herself & outsiders who don’t know the past but she cannot fool her own family. Hence she again tried to get rid of LJJ which hurt LJJ. Even her SIL reprimanded her for behaving like that with LJJ which again she ignored.

LX came rushing back when he heard LJJ was alone with his mom & aunt. He knows that however pleasantly his mom speaks & act like she cares for him & is OK with LJJ, that she hates LJJ. He has not forgotten her maniac actions to stop him from returning back to LJJ. So he fears what she will do to LJJ because CT is a master in hurting people with her words. He saw that LJJ had cried & immediately confronted CT.

CT tried to act as if she had not hurt LJJ in any way but LX was not buying it. Hurting LJJ is not allowed. LJJ is his boundary which he will not let her cross. CT again counter attacks that LJJ is trying to distance him from her by telling lies & why he doesn’t defend LO the way he stands up for LJJ. She once again blames him for LO being rebellious & bratty completely ignoring her own role as a mother in raising LO as always. She paints herself as a victim again blaming him for caring more for his father & neighbors which makes LX lose his patience. He explodes that he loves them more because they actually love & take care of him & why doesn’t she love him. He actually tears up at this point because it is so difficult for him to ask this question. Still CT doesn’t understand what his issue is & is hell bent on cutting him off from LJJ & fam.

I am glad that LX is not allowing her an inch in his life. He has made his relationship with LJJ well known in his circle of acquaintances. CT cannot deny it even if she wants to. She needs medical help ASAP but she is not ready to listen to reason. I don’t think that there will be any sort of happy reconciliation with CT for LX because she refuses to acknowledge her faults. The most that will happen is LX will be able to cut off his ties with her. Maybe she can even come to realization that she requires medical help but I can’t see LX being happy family with her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

some sides stories......

CanTan is making some better development in her career and also on her crush on the lawyer :) i'm glad for her......she deserve some happiness

while MingYue finally thought it thru and why her family is in this situation itself....each and one of them actually contributed to the situation...

they have a heart to heart talk and MingYue for once tell both her parents what her main thought are on things and the things she regretted doing in silent rebel against the mother....instead of taking the proper action....

• Like 1

@Lodestar I agree, CT is passive-aggressive and also manipulative. She always pulls out the victim card, says one thing and then does another. I'm trying so hard to look for any redeeming qualities but can't find anything so far. I really don't see a way for them to reconcile other than for CT to move away from LX. Both LX and LO suffer from her albeit different forms of suffering. LX has been made to feel like it was his fault that his younger sister died and thus he carries the burden of forever feeling like he owes his mother. LO is being made to feel like she needs to compete with JJ and that LX does not and will never love her enough. Not to mention that trauma that she inflicts on them whenever she throws a tantrum or tries to harm herself. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 3:50 PM, UnniSara said:

feel sad for ZQ both of his biological parents are all horrible.

@Alice Wonderland Please read the spoiler tag after watching episode 27-28 

Reveal hidden contents

I tried to find this post back after so many days. So it is in page 12. 😅

I see that. Her situation was really bad and her choice for leaving him might be the best option for her that time. But however what she did still hurt him. I guess he will forgive her in the end. The revelation of that lil boy isn't her child like a hint to something serious happened at her. Well. I am still in ep 31. 😄 very slow watching here. 

Just started ep 32 a bit. LX's mom comes, I smell some trouble is slowly brewing. What bomb she'll drop later? 😂

• Like 2

Epi 37 continues from the last epis LX outburst scene. LX leaves with LJJ & seeks comfort in her arms. LJJ tries to calm down LX. She explains to him that she was going to bring her A game to win over CT but LX asks her not to go near CT. Respect needs to be earned by an elder. It should not be given just because they are elder. LX is so against LJJ trying to develop a relationship with CT because he knows that CT hates LJJ with a passion & will never accept her. LJJ listens to him & comforts him further.

CT continues her victim act in front of her SIL. Her SIL gave her the usual warning that every mother receives when they do not accept their son's girlfriend....beware of her son going away from her. I don’t think she has anything against LJJ specifically so I don’t care for her opinion anyways.

LJJ is facing a professional integrity crisis due to the accusations of plagiarism against her. She is in search of the trio photo which was her prototype for her model to prove her innocence. I liked how the show brought some fun when we learn that the place where LJJ had buried the photo time capsule is now a mall & she can’t get back the photo. LX & ZQ's reason for having lost the photo were more serious.

ZQ didn’t take all his belongings from his biofather's house when he left the house. His biotrash dad is once again trying to blackmail him into doing his bidding just for returning the photos. He is the scum on earth as always.

We see LX's living situation in Singapore during his graduation time. At the end of graduation LX had suggested that they all move back to China since his education is over & CT is well enough to travel. He had already consulted her doctor about it so it was definitely true that she could have successfully made the move. But she didn’t want him to return to his family. So she once again started playing the victim & refused him from leaving. When he said that he could leave alone as she is now we’ll enough she became even more enraged.

LX was basically a hostage at his mom’s place. He couldn’t even go through his photos in privacy. CT maniacally cut all his photos & threw away his shoes which were gifted by LJJ. Thank god for LO who had the sense to rescue his shoes & hide his legal documents from her mother. She became afraid of living alone with her mother & begged LX to stay. CT achieved her goal by terrorising her children. This shows how important it is to have adult supervision. If there was at least one responsible adult living with them while taking care of CT, CT couldn’t have pulled such stunts. It also shows that she doesn’t lose control & have an episode. She deliberately acts like she is having a mental breakdown to terrorise her children. This makes her even more dangerous & despicable. 

ZQ & LJJ are now getting the picture of LX's trauma regarding his mom. I am proud of LO for telling them the truth. I also liked how ZQ advised her how to not be like her mom & to apologise to LJJ for the incident in her childhood. He correctly predicts that LJJ has already forgotten it & is not holding any grudge against LO. All these thoughts have been planted in her head by her mom who thinks everyone is bad to her. Good that she is growing up.

I like how LX- LJJ relationship is developing. They comfort & protect each other. They are trying to communicate more with each other which is helping both of them to understand each other better. Theirs is a very normal realistic relationship. No unnecessary drama is there just plain routine things that a couple do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

I like how LX- LJJ relationship is developing. They comfort & protect each other. They are trying to communicate more with each other which is helping both of them to understand each other better. Theirs is a very normal realistic relationship. No unnecessary drama is there just plain routine things that a couple do.

yes its a pretty steady phase and after LingXiao is more secure in JianJian feeling towards him...he is not jealous of ZiQiu and JianJian closeness which im gald

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

yes its a pretty steady phase and after LingXiao is more secure in JianJian feeling towards him...he is not jealous of ZiQiu and JianJian closeness which im gald

I don't think LX was ever really seriously jealous of ZQ because he knew that LJJ didn't have romantic feelings for ZQ. Yes he wasn't that secure about her feelings for himself but he definitely knew she had no feelings for ZQ. He just wanted to let them both especially ZQ to get his feelings sorted.

LX & LJJ both understood that ZQ had no romantic feelings for LJJ but he wanted ZQ to be sure of that. So he had asked her to maintain distance with ZQ. 

You can see that he is not even jealous of Shu ran anymore. As their relationship progresses they both are becoming more secure in it. LJJ also has regained faith that he wouldn't ever leave her again which has been her main concern since his return.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I don't think LX was ever really seriously jealous of ZQ because he knew that LJJ didn't have romantic feelings for ZQ. Yes he wasn't that secure about her feelings for himself but he definitely knew she had no feelings for ZQ. He just wanted to let them both especially ZQ to get his feelings sorted.

LX & LJJ both understood that ZQ had no romantic feelings for LJJ but he wanted ZQ to be sure of that. So he had asked her to maintain distance with ZQ. 

You can see that he is not even jealous of Shu ran anymore. As their relationship progresses they both are becoming more secure in it. LJJ also has regained faith that he wouldn't ever leave her again which has been her main concern since his return.

because JianJian didnt promise to be with him....so he is jealous to a certain extent.....

he isnt too sure though he is pretty firm that he will have JianJian hahaha

in short he is insecure

Hiiii Guys....

been busy.. these past few days... 

Update from IQIYI twitter acc 20200905

"Maybe there were conflicts, quarrels and tears, but once recognising each other as family members, they will not abandon the beloved ones for the rest of lives."

Maybe its me being petty.. but its hard for me to envision a satisfying ending for Chenting. For LX sake,,, I hope they both reach a peaceful understanding.... 

But I cannot imagine her sticking around.... (and hope she won't) without being afraid that she would relapse again. 

1 hour ago, Lynne said:

Maybe its me being petty.. but its hard for me to envision a satisfying ending for Chenting. For LX sake,,, I hope they both reach a peaceful understanding.... 

But I cannot imagine her sticking around.... (and hope she won't) without being afraid that she would relapse again. 

Me too. Ling Dad informed her about LX's mental problems (apparently she's completely aware of it), explained to her about how much LX loves JJ and told her off about how she treated JJ and family for the sake of LX but as we can see she doesn't cares an iota. She keeps trying her best to demeaning JJ and family even tries to pairs LX with his co dentist. She's only thinking about herself and she's completely clueless that LX has no problem to chooses JJ over her.

Today she declared an open war by telling her son point blank that she hates JJ. She has no idea that this is a war she can't win.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Me too. Ling Dad informed her about LX's mental problems (apparently she's completely aware of it), explained to her about how much LX loves JJ and told her off about how she treated JJ and family for the sake of LX but as we can see she doesn't cares an iota. She keeps trying her best to demeaning JJ and family even tries to pairs LX with his co dentist. She's only thinking about herself and she's completely clueless that LX has no problem to chooses JJ over her.

Today she declared an open war by telling her son point blank that she hates JJ. She has no idea that this is a war she can't win.

A happy ending for her is she goes and seek therapy, away from her children and family. 

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry