Go Ahead 以家人之名 [2020]

25 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I agree.  Although the divorce may feel like a loss, I hope through this experience she will learn to live a life for herself. 

also MingYue is right, the father is as much to blame on the divorce and along the way....he might actually regret it like what MingYue predicted....

they had let the mother run the course of their life for too long....and at some points they will be lost...

however im glad that MingYue and the mother at least made up

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

We just want to let you know that there's an upcoming Badge event starting this Thursday (7pm KST) where you can create a badge relating to dramas/movies. More details here: 

You can create a badge relating to this drama if you want to! And we definitely can't wait to see some C-dramas/movies related badges~

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

9 hours ago, themarchioness said:

He Zi Qiu: When the drama started, he was the sibling I felt the sorriest for.  Although JJ and LX came from single parent homes, and LX also had a broken family, they at least had a parent and didn't suffer the same questions that ZQ grappled with all his life.  But as the story unfolded, we learned that he had actually had a pretty amazing mom and by the end, I actually felt like his story was the one that was most complete.  ZQ found his family, his security, and as @Lynne would say, he found his "Happiness."  It's been no secret that I also wanted to see him in a relationship by the end of the drama, but even I have to admit, the story never took him there and that's okay.  I've got plans for him regardless -- hehe! 

All in all, ZQ remains my favorite sibling in this drama and I credit ZXC for that.  His acting was just aces!  (And for anyone looking for another project of his to watch, I recommend "My Huckleberry Friends.")

Thank you for the recommendation!

I am starting to eye ZXC, love his voice, love his eyes and again his crying is very beautiful!

• Like 2

As promised/threatened (depending on how you want to think of it, hehe), I have started writing a fic about Zi Qiu and Ming Yue.  If you are inclined, please give it a try and let me know what you think.  I've tried my best to stay true to each character and their personality.  :mine:

Teaser and link below:

Sweetness in Beijing

Summary: He Ze Qiu travels to Beijing to participate in a dessert baking competition and reunites with Qi Ming Yue.

Spoiler

He Zi Qiu stood in front of his large family with his assistant from the bakery shop behind him, watching over their bags, and suddenly felt embarrassed.  Maybe he shouldn’t have let them come to see him off.  Although he wondered briefly if that would have even made a difference.

“Maybe I should’ve gone with you,” his father suggested for the millionth time since they’d arrived to the airport an hour ago.  Wringing his hands together, he worried aloud over who would make sure Zi Qiu ate his meals on time, rested properly, and whether he’d be able to find anything he liked to eat in Beijing.  It didn’t matter to Li Hai Chao that his son had already spent nine years living by himself abroad.  A week in Beijing seemed just as far and just as long.

From somewhere in the back of the huddle, only Chengzi dared to ask in a mutter if it wasn’t all the same; Chinese food. 

While Li Jian Jian and her brother, Ling Xiao, turned around to tsk at her, Papa Li nagged without missing a beat.  He waved a dismissive hand in her direction, and said, “You don’t understand.  Our Zi Qiu only likes the foods that I cook for him.  Small pork buns.  Sweet and sour pork noodles.  How will he keep up his strength to participate in that competition if he doesn’t eat well?” 

It was his sister, Li Jian Jian, who’d nominated Zi Qiu for the upcoming dessert baking competition.  When she learned that the newspaper company where her best friend worked was hosting a dessert baking competition she’d asked Qi Ming Yue to help her secretly sign her brother up as a contestant.  Who knew he really would pass the preliminary rounds and be invited to the finals in Beijing!  Everyone in the family was incredibly proud.

His mother, He Mei, held onto Li Hai Chao’s arm, grounding him, and smiled at Zi Qiu.  In her calm and placid manner, she winked at him, “Son, you can do it!  Jia you!”

Next to the couple, Papa Ling, Ling Xiao’s father, threw his head to the side and scoffed, “Ha!  Of course Zi Qiu will be fine.  Isn’t he a perfectly grown adult?  Didn’t he earn his way into the competition on his own?  He’ll be fine!  Why are you worrying?” he asked his old friend.  “You always worry for nothing.”

“I’m not worrying,” Hai Chao insisted.

“Fine, fine, fine,” Li He Ping held up his hands and relented, too accustomed to the ways of his friend. 

“Alright, alright, that’s enough,” Zi Qiu laughed.  If he let his parents go on like this, he really would end up missing his flight.  “Xiao Li and I should get going.  We still have to go through security and find our gate.”

“Don’t forget to get in contact with Qi Ming Yue as soon as you land in Beijing,” Jian Jian reminded.

“You’ve told me a hundred times already.”  Zi Qiu held up his phone with a wave.  “I have her number stored.”

“Remember to also send a message home to let us know you’ve arrived,” his mother said.

“I will.”

Ling Xiao, per usual, sent him off with a pat on the shoulder and an approving nod while Chengzi pouted in the back.  “I don’t know why I can’t go to Beijing with Zi Qiu Ge.”

It wasn’t the first time she’d made that complaint and Ling Xiao turned around to flick her on the forehead.  “Is he your older brother or am I?”

“I work at the bakery, too!”

Hefting his backpack higher onto his shoulder, Zi Qiu advised her with a pat on the head to continue working hard at the bakery and maybe in time she’d learn enough to be his pastry assistant at the next competition. 

After finishing that thought, Zi Qiu turned to gather his bags from Xiao Li, but before he could get any farther than that, his best friend and Jian Jian’s other best friend came running up to them with panting breaths. 

“Thank goodness,” Zhuang Bei bent over with his hands on his knees and wheezed.  “You haven’t yet left.”

“Were you guys coming?” Zi Qiu greeted with a chuckle.  “I thought when I didn’t see you both that you were out enjoying a date or something.”

“Ridiculous,” his friend snapped.  “I was waiting for Tang Can to finish her audition and then we rushed over here as quickly as possible.”

Zi Qiu looked over at his best friend’s girlfriend and nodded with acknowledgment. “Thanks.”

Tang Can waved his gratitude away while leaning on Jian Jian for support.  “Just win the competition,” she told him in between huffs of breaths.  “And give Qi Ming Yue a hug from us!”

“Um, that, uh…”  Zi Qiu didn’t know how to respond to that suggestion. 

Fortunately, Jian Jian stepped in then to push him and Xiao Li along.  “Aiya, if you guys don’t hurry up and leave you really might miss your flight.  Hurry up, hurry up, no more talking, come on, come on, everyone say your goodbyes!” 

As Zi Qiu retrieved his flight ticket from the security guard, he looked over his shoulder and found his army of a family lined up shoulder to shoulder, arm in arm, all still watching him with smiles on their faces, cheering him on.  It brought happiness to his heart and he lifted his hand for one more wave before stepping through the double doors, and onto his next adventure.

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/26351800?view_full_work=true

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

28 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

As promised/threatened (depending on how you want to think of it, hehe), I have started writing a fic about Zi Qiu and Ming Yue.  If you are inclined, please give it a try and let me know what you think.  I've tried my best to stay true to each character and their personality.

hahahaha u fully turn Father Li into a mother 

:smile:

can i request for LingXiao & JianJian also :smug:

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

hahahaha u fully turn Father Li into a mother 

can i request for LingXiao & JianJian also 

Did I turn Papa Li into a mother?!  I think he turned himself into a mother.  LOL.  (He's the best mother/father there ever was!)

If I can think of an idea for LX/JJ, I will.  :cuddle:

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

As promised/threatened (depending on how you want to think of it, hehe), I have started writing a fic about Zi Qiu and Ming Yue.  If you are inclined, please give it a try and let me know what you think.  I've tried my best to stay true to each character and their personality.  :mine:

Teaser and link below:

Sweetness in Beijing

Summary: He Ze Qiu travels to Beijing to participate in a dessert baking competition and reunites with Qi Ming Yue.

Reveal hidden contents

He Zi Qiu stood in front of his large family with his assistant from the bakery shop behind him, watching over their bags, and suddenly felt embarrassed.  Maybe he shouldn’t have let them come to see him off.  Although he wondered briefly if that would have even made a difference.

“Maybe I should’ve gone with you,” his father suggested for the millionth time since they’d arrived to the airport an hour ago.  Wringing his hands together, he worried aloud over who would make sure Zi Qiu ate his meals on time, rested properly, and whether he’d be able to find anything he liked to eat in Beijing.  It didn’t matter to Li Hai Chao that his son had already spent nine years living by himself abroad.  A week in Beijing seemed just as far and just as long.

From somewhere in the back of the huddle, only Chengzi dared to ask in a mutter if it wasn’t all the same; Chinese food. 

While Li Jian Jian and her brother, Ling Xiao, turned around to tsk at her, Papa Li nagged without missing a beat.  He waved a dismissive hand in her direction, and said, “You don’t understand.  Our Zi Qiu only likes the foods that I cook for him.  Small pork buns.  Sweet and sour pork noodles.  How will he keep up his strength to participate in that competition if he doesn’t eat well?” 

It was his sister, Li Jian Jian, who’d nominated Zi Qiu for the upcoming dessert baking competition.  When she learned that the newspaper company where her best friend worked was hosting a dessert baking competition she’d asked Qi Ming Yue to help her secretly sign her brother up as a contestant.  Who knew he really would pass the preliminary rounds and be invited to the finals in Beijing!  Everyone in the family was incredibly proud.

His mother, He Mei, held onto Li Hai Chao’s arm, grounding him, and smiled at Zi Qiu.  In her calm and placid manner, she winked at him, “Son, you can do it!  Jia you!”

Next to the couple, Papa Ling, Ling Xiao’s father, threw his head to the side and scoffed, “Ha!  Of course Zi Qiu will be fine.  Isn’t he a perfectly grown adult?  Didn’t he earn his way into the competition on his own?  He’ll be fine!  Why are you worrying?” he asked his old friend.  “You always worry for nothing.”

“Fine, fine, fine,” Li He Ping held up his hands and relented, too accustomed to the ways of his friend. 

“Alright, alright, that’s enough,” Zi Qiu laughed.  If he let his parents go on like this, he really would end up missing his flight.  “Xiao Li and I should get going.  We still have to go through security and find our gate.”

“Don’t forget to get in contact with Qi Ming Yue as soon as you land in Beijing,” Jian Jian reminded.

“You’ve told me a hundred times already.”  Zi Qiu held up his phone with a wave.  “I have her number stored.”

“Remember to also send a message home to let us know you’ve arrived,” his mother said.

“I will.”

Ling Xiao, per usual, sent him off with a pat on the shoulder and an approving nod while Chengzi pouted in the back.  “I don’t know why I can’t go to Beijing with Zi Qiu Ge.”

It wasn’t the first time she’d made that complaint and Ling Xiao turned around to flick her on the forehead.  “Is he your older brother or am I?”

Hefting his backpack higher onto his shoulder, Zi Qiu advised her with a pat on the head to continue working hard at the bakery and maybe in time she’d learn enough to be his pastry assistant at the next competition. 

After finishing that thought, Zi Qiu turned to gather his bags from Xiao Li, but before he could get any farther than that, his best friend and Jian Jian’s other best friend came running up to them with panting breaths. 

“Thank goodness,” Zhuang Bei bent over with his hands on his knees and wheezed.  “You haven’t yet left.”

“Were you guys coming?” Zi Qiu greeted with a chuckle.  “I thought when I didn’t see you both that you were out enjoying a date or something.”

“Ridiculous,” his friend snapped.  “I was waiting for Tang Can to finish her audition and then we rushed over here as quickly as possible.”

Zi Qiu looked over at his best friend’s girlfriend and nodded with acknowledgment. “Thanks.”

Tang Can waved his gratitude away while leaning on Jian Jian for support.  “Just win the competition,” she told him in between huffs of breaths.  “And give Qi Ming Yue a hug from us!”

Fortunately, Jian Jian stepped in then to push him and Xiao Li along.  “Aiya, if you guys don’t hurry up and leave you really might miss your flight.  Hurry up, hurry up, no more talking, come on, come on, everyone say your goodbyes!” 

As Zi Qiu retrieved his flight ticket from the security guard, he looked over his shoulder and found his army of a family lined up shoulder to shoulder, arm in arm, all still watching him with smiles on their faces, cheering him on.  It brought happiness to his heart and he lifted his hand for one more wave before stepping through the double doors, and onto his next adventure.

I liked all the 4 chapters that you have posted. Continue the good work!!

Are there any other Go Ahead fanfics available in English? Please let me know if anyone knows the site for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had started my re-watch before the series ended and have completed 20 epis.

Few things that I noticed more clearly on re-watch.

LX & LJJ did behave somewhat like BF-GF during high school days. You can see whenever its two of them, they are always walking hand in hand or LX is side hugging her while walking. LJJ really is clingy with LX & LX plays it cool even though he likes it. Please see all their scenes going to & fro from school. Also LX caresses her hair as much as he flicks her head.

LJJ also holds hand with ZQ & horses around with him but their touch is more sibling like.

No wonder when LX returned back home he always tried to hold her hand or side hug her casually. On first watch I thought that it was bold of LX to do that but now I realise that it is how they normally used to be before separation. LX was just trying to re-establish their normal way of behaving with each other. That is why he used to be upset when LJJ used to shrug off his hand or hug. She did not initiate physical contact with him after his return while before that was the normal state for them. Even Li Ba had commented on it in epi 10 that LJJ was very clingy with LX.

That is why LX became so happy in epi 17 when LJJ initiated physical contact with him on her own by holding his hand when she thought that he was returning back to Singapore. After that you see that they are almost back to their normal way of being with each other- holding hands, hugging each other, LX ruffling her hair. LJJ literally sat in his chair with him in epi 18. No wonder he was so happy & confident that she would reciprocate his feelings. LX had already known that their behaviour was not sibling like in high school days. Only LJJ was unaware of her own behaviour & feelings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
54 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

LX & LJJ did behave somewhat like BF-GF during high school days. You can see whenever its two of them, they are always walking hand in hand or LX is side hugging her while walking. LJJ really is clingy with LX & LX plays it cool even though he likes it. Please see all their scenes going to & fro from school. Also LX caresses her hair as much as he flicks her head.

Hahaahhaa Yes.... they always have that  air of ambiguity between them.. 

Tbh I started my re watch yesterday.. with one of the most emotionally painful episode for me: 27, when LJJ did her monologue about Ling Xiao's shattered self.

I love how this episode is structured. It started with ZQ's pain feeling left out, LJJ feeling sorry for him, LX sudden anxiety attack and it ends with LJJ asking comfort and support from Li papa..

Its as if, the drama is telling us; the viewers It will alright in the end... 

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Sweetness in Beijing

@themarchioness :wow:

• Like 3

Another observation is about LJJ waiting for LX when he is separated from her for more than a day.

1st time was when LO got admitted in hospital & LX was staying overnight at the hospital until she got discharged. LJJ was so upset that she had not been able to see him & talk to him properly for few days. She felt that he was in the situation because of her. If LO had been injured when LJJ was not with her, LX would not feel obligated to take care of LO to this extent. He might have gone for normal visits but he would not pander to her wish of him staying with her. LJJ understood this & was upset more for LX than herself. She was on the roof top, waiting for him to come back home to her just so that they can spend a little time together.

2nd time was when LX had to go to Singapore right after CT’s accident. In her convo with QM, LJJ mentions that she has not seen him for so many days & not talked with him regularly so LX must be unhappy. In her convo with ZQ, she says that LX has gone for only 12 days & she feels drained of her energy & worries about how she will cope when they both leave for uni in Beijing. This is not normal sibling like behaviour displayed by LJJ for LX. It is more like a GF or a wife.

3rd time was when both LX & ZQ went back to their birth parents. LJJ knew that this time the separation would be lasting for far more time, 4 years at the least till they graduate. This time she was upset, sad & angry with both of them. She did not come to see them off & avoided their calls. She started talking to them after months. As the years passed she started losing hope of them coming back. She behaved as if she was okay on the outside & pretended to have moved on but she just had suppressed all her feelings because she could not handle them.

4th time was when LX had gone back to Singapore to tell his mom & LO about his permanent shift back home. LJJ was anxious & worried since the time LX informed her of going to Singapore. She doesn’t even have any proper reaction to the news that LX might have secretly crushed on QM for years. Even if she had only sibling like feelings towards LX, she would have given a more vivid reaction then just mumbling about it. It just didn’t matter to her because her main concern was LX not coming back.

LJJ was talking about it with everyone from ZQ, QM to even Shu Ran. She was not at all focused. When she saw that QM had prepared a gift package for LX to take back, she just went ahead to deliver it to LX without even giving it a thought that QM might like to give it to LX herself. She was anxious the whole time while LX was packing. LX recognized that LJJ was worried about him not returning back & hence was assuring her by showing her his small backpack, asking her to check whether his return ticket had been confirmed. He was relieved to see her happy after she was reassured that his return ticket was already booked.

LJJ was really worried once LX left. She was upset & moody with everyone. She was trying to contact him constantly. She was not even focused on her work. No wonder TC was worried about LJJ reacting this way. On the day of his scheduled return she came back from work early, got upset when he didn’t return & rejected ZQ’s offer of bringing her pineapple tarts which she craved for. She said that she only wanted to have the pineapple tarts that LX was going to bring back indicating that she was just waiting for him. Through out the entire day of her mother’s death anniversary, she was waiting for LX. She grew more despondent as the day went on & finally she gave up for his return when it was night time. I think that is why she got drunk that day.

This is not normal sibling like behaviour. So even though LJJ never thought of LX other than that as her brother consciously, sub consciously she behaved in a way that was more like a girlfriend.  I would also like to point out that LJJ never took the assumption that LX liked QM seriously. I think it was because she knew LX the best & had never really got that impression from him. Also she did not give it a single thought as LX did not inform him herself. As we all know, LX talked about all things with her only. So she might have been waiting for LX’s confirmation on this news before worrying about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Teaser and link below:

Sweetness in Beijing

Hide contents

“I will.”

Hope you didn't mind, someone asked about fanfics and I linked to your work 

• Like 1

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

On 9/9/2020 at 10:58 AM, Lynne said:

Hahaahhaa Yes.... they always have that  air of ambiguity between them.. 

Tbh I started my re watch yesterday.. with one of the most emotionally painful episode for me: 27, when LJJ did her monologue about Ling Xiao's shattered self.

I love how this episode is structured. It started with ZQ's pain feeling left out, LJJ feeling sorry for him, LX sudden anxiety attack and it ends with LJJ asking comfort and support from Li papa..

Its as if, the drama is telling us; the viewers It will alright in the end..

I just re-watched epi 27. So many things happened in this episode.

First of all, I wanted to Barbie Girl slap the senior's BF because he was so maliciously gleeful about causing trouble for LJJ. His joy at her misery makes me want to ask him what is his problem with LJJ. I would not have been able to tolerate such disrespectful behaviour from a person that I employed. Hats off to LJJ for bearing his nasty personality because of her friendship with Du Juan for such a long time.

Both LX & ZQ were pissed off that they both had proposed relationship to LJJ. But their anger & complaint were only targeted at each other. They did not blame LJJ for hiding it from them even once. They both spoke a lot of nonsense trying to defend themselves. ZQ was hurt on learning about LX- LJJ being together. He felt that he was rejected once again by a loved one. His hurt was not related to any romantic feelings at all but because of his insecurity & abandonment issue.

I liked that though LJJ felt sorry that ZQ was hurt, she never ever second guessed her choice of being with LX. There was no confusion in her mind about her own feelings towards LX & ZQ. She had explained them to each of them in the previous episodes when she rejected ZQ because he was genuinely a brother to her & accepted to be there for LX whenever he needed her thus accepting his feelings.

I think a lot of viewers were confused as to when did LJJ accept being together with LX as she did not clearly say yes I accept to be your GF or I love you. But these are not the only ways in which people need to express love. Subtle actions & words also disclose the same. 

Then we got the scene with LX-LJJ where we were shown how LX has his own insecurity & abandonment issues with regards to LJJ. It was painful to see him being so tormented & vulnerable. He opened up to LJJ in a big way & LJJ as well as the viewers were shown that LX is not as strong as he portrays himself to be. LJJ's hurt seeing him being in pain was also heart breaking to watch. This was the moment were she truly got a glimpse of all the pain that he has been suffering & it was a turning point in their relationship. It only strengthened their relationship.

LJJ was herself feeling drained out emotionally & called her dad for re-energising herself. It was so heart warming to see the dad & daughter conversation regarding recharging oneself with your loved one's encouragement.

I saw many anti-LX sentiments in the comments section of YT. I felt like banging my head reading some of them. Most of them were centered around how LX is not emotionally stable & LJJ should not be in a relationship with him until he is treated for it. I agree that LX would benefit from having therapy. But the most important thing for a emotionally weak person is the understanding & love of their loved ones. His mental state is not so bad that he would harm himself or others because he knows that he is loved by his own family & LJJ. I do not agree with this line of thought that if you are not emotionally stable you are not allowed to be in a relationship.

Another point against him is that he is too reliant on LJJ for his own well being. That LJJ would be burdened by his need for her. I just want to point out that the show has showed many times that even LJJ is heavily reliant on LX's love & presence in her life because of the way she behaves if they are separated for a long time. Their reliance on each other is reciprocated & not one-sided. So it is in no way an unhealthy or toxic relationship. They both just need time to be secure & assured in their relationship to reduce this over-reliance. 

The most nonsensical reason for disliking LX is that he is a creep & pervert who forced his feelings on LJJ. Yes, he had kissed her on forehead & cheek but he stopped himself from kissing her on lips because he knew it was wrong. He even apologised for it. I don't blame him for pursuing her actively after that incident. The cat was already out of the bag now so there was no reason for him to not be straight forward in his approach to her. This actually makes him the opposite of being a pervert or a creep because he took his cues from her reactions to him. She did not reject him with disgust or said that he was a pervert or creep for wanting to be with her even once. She has always been in love with LX but had not realised it. After LX confessed his feelings for her she started to realise her feelings for him. LX did not force her or emotionally manipulate her to be in a relationship with him.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Both LX & ZQ were pissed off that they both had proposed relationship to LJJ. But their anger & complaint were only targeted at each other. They did not blame LJJ for hiding it from them even once. They both spoke a lot of nonsense trying to defend themselves. ZQ was hurt on learning about LX- LJJ being together. He felt that he was rejected once again by a loved one. His hurt was not related to any romantic feelings at all but because of his insecurity & abandonment issue.

Exactly... 

Yeah.. It saddens me too reading of anti LX comment. His character is someone I find so relatable. 

• Like 1
On 9/9/2020 at 1:53 PM, Lodestar said:

LX recognized that LJJ was worried about him not returning back & hence was assuring her by showing her his small backpack, asking her to check whether his return ticket had been confirmed. He was relieved to see her happy after she was reassured that his return ticket was already booked.

actually this part is very comforting....i like this one.....

cause LingXiao knows how to comfort JianJian, he know which button to press and how to get her to calm down enough to listen to him

• Like 2
On 9/10/2020 at 3:07 PM, Lodestar said:

I saw many anti-LX sentiments in the comments section of YT. I felt like banging my head reading some of them. Most of them were centered around how LX is not emotionally stable & LJJ should not be in a relationship with him until he is treated for it. I agree that LX would benefit from having therapy. But the most important thing for a emotionally weak person is the understanding & love of their loved ones. His mental state is not so bad that he would harm himself or others because he knows that he is loved by his own family & LJJ. I do not agree with this line of thought that if you are not emotionally stable you are not allowed to be in a relationship.

i dont understand their statement and their antis....so if someone is emotionally unstable or not right in the state then they are not suppose to be with someone else?

arent they aware that depression mainly are cure by the person next to the patients? sometimes it took a trigger and sometimes it was the person next to them that anchor them to the ground instead of sinking....

which was why LingXiao told JianJian, if she doesnt hold his hands he will sink and sink and sink and sink......at that point JianJian wasnt aware what LingXiao is trying to say....it wasnt till they have their very first argument where LingXiao walk out on her when they were having their dinner....

his insecurities sunk in and the way he live his life in SG started to make JianJian link up......JianJian was the 2nd one to be aware that there is something serious wrong with LingXiao, and without waiting she took some courage from her father... without really telling him whats wrong....after that JianJian barrel into LingXiao's space further more since he doesnt shy from her.....and fill it up with the warmth the LingXiao so badly wanted

Father Ling is aware of his son issues, however in a sense he ran away from it....he does show concern for LingXiao on and off but it is not enough....it is not enough to stop LingXiao from suffering from it....

to be honest im not very satisfy with the way both CT and Father Ling handle LingXiao's issues