2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

kill her kill her....

she been reminding me whole night yesterday and this morning

I’m going to start calling her Cold Water 😝

@Lynne 😘

Edited by themarchioness
  • Haha 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

@NiteWalker @themarchioness sorrryyyy lahhh....... hahaha.... 

32 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

But... having said that, I still think it’d be better if she mended her ways. For LX’s sake.  Because he’s a responsible child and I think he’ll always worry for his mother.  Even now when something feels off, he’ll call his sister to check on his mother.  These children have been raised by their two dads, so of course they’re thoughtful and responsible people.  Much as they probably wish they could cut the cord, they can’t. 

Yes, I agree.. we can only hope CT can realize her issues.... Children shouldn't have to bear the consequences from the adult's problem... Not Ling Xiao, not Orange. 

But, "If Rain" is any indication, I believe that there will be rainbows after the rain ...... 

@OsmanthusTea Lovely writing there about He Mei. Sigh......... I do feel sorry for her and for ZQ.. I remember talking about this once with themarchiones... She made her choices long ago.... while thinking the best for her child... i know that its wrong.. but I can't help to sympathize... it was not an easy decision. 

The reason for Zi Qiu to always longs and remember her was because he remember how much his mother loves him... so her absence will of course make him wonder all this time.. what went wrong.. why did she leave him... those are all the question he would ask himself.. 

To me its hard not to see from both perspective. ZQ is warm and so open with his emotion wasn't just because of Li papa and the family.. He Mei also influenced him to some degree... 

• Like 3

@themarchioness ZQ+Hukou is definitely happening hahahahhahaa 

:eeeee:

22 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

YESSSSS!!!

i had been moping since yesterday night.....hahahaha this will ensure we have what we have been hoping for !!!

You and me both.... LOL... 

I gotta say.. all the promotion has been very smart..... they release bits of this and that daily... like do you notice just for one scene how many edits have been going around before they post the full episode? LOL...

It made me wonder how many did they cut from the story haha... 

• Haha 1
  • Tasty 1
2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

im scared..... >< i dont like her back in the pictures, it would had been alright if she stay in SG......gosh seeing her at the door give me flips!!!

You should be scared @NiteWalker I am scared too, I don't trust this woman. I believe she is still unstable.  I agree with both post below from @OsmanthusTea  

2 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

CT, left LX because she can't stand the sight of him who serves as a living reminder of her own failure. She was not a good mother to begin with. She often neglected her children before that. She considered herself as a victim and everyone is out to get her. After she feels better she comes back and thinking because she is the victim, her son should accepts her with open arms. She disregarded her son's feelings because in her eyes she's the only victim. She is incapable of empathetic. She shoved Little Orange to her son thinking she got him a replacement for his dead sister because that what she think of Little Orange.  She has never realizes that Little Orange is like salts rubbing to LX's wounds.

3 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Since the beginning the drama portrayed CT as a selfish mother. She left her 3 yo daughter to be taken care by her not much older Bro and padlocked the house while she had fun played mahjong. After accident happened she blamed everyone especially the son and when she was being called out she cannot takes it and left the son.

After so many years she came back and think just because she’s the mother and rich, the son will accept her with no Q asked and shoved her mini me under his throat. Unfortunately she got into accident and once again her selfishness shown in how she demands attention physically and emotionally from her son.

Her attitude during up and down period of her life is the same, selfish, self centered and narcissistic.

CT is a very selfish attitude, we all saw how her own brother refused to take care of her. Her sister in law also didn't want to take care of her. They only cared for the imediate family.  In Korean and Chinese drama's , I always find it funny that the male child must take care of their parents but in this drama, it fell on LX's father. Why is that??? LX is CT's son, his mom abandoned him, she refused to see him for 10 years and then Grandma took it upon herself to intervene.  In my opinion CT took the easy route. Instead of getting help to cure her guilty conscious, she chose to have another baby. The New Baby was the way to help her heal her supposed " Illness" but it didn't.  LX knew his mother well. If he had let his sister go live with her Uncle and grandma, CT would have been even more cruel to LX.  CT by nature is selfish, narcissistic and self centered. She is judgmental and believes she is better than other people. When she was sick, I felt the uncle was wrong to call LX terrible son after his mom abandoned him. Saying that his mom already knew what kind of a person he is. To say that to a kid who already had so much guilt on his shoulders was so wrong. It made me sick to see that. 

@Lynne  Since this a healing drama, both son and mother needs counseling. CT needs to apologize and own up to her mistake.  When I myself blame her for her daughters death. LX was only trying to please his sister. 

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

20 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

You should be scared @NiteWalker I am scared too, I don't trust this woman. I believe she is still unstable.  I agree with both post below from @OsmanthusTea  

im scared real scared since yesterday.....till today i saw the clip with a 5 seconds extra.....and it is shown by @Lynne this gif make me relief......really really relief!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Star Struck 1
  • Party! 1

@UnniSara

CT discarded her children when she didn't need them and picked them up when she sees they have some uses. She left LX's and sister locked in the house to had some fun, when her daughter died she blamed her son and "gave" him away to a little girl. After that she gave birth to another daughter whose mind she poisoned with thoughts that LX is her real brother that will loves her etc etc (which is out of norms as Chinese because we don't considered half sibs from Mom's as real sibs). She represents Little Orange as a replacement of her dead daughter (talking about the same birthmark etc). She then uses her to get back to LX. I don't see any motherly love from her so far, all I see is a woman who uses her children as tools to get what she wants.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@UnniSara

CT discarded her children when she didn't need them and picked them up when she sees they have some uses. She left LX's and sister locked in the house to had some fun, when her daughter died she blamed her son and "gave" him away to a little girl. After that she gave birth to another daughter whose mind she poisoned with thoughts that LX is her real brother that will loves her etc etc (which is out of norms as Chinese because we don't considered half sibs from Mom's as real sibs). She represents Little Orange as a replacement of her dead daughter (talking about the same birthmark etc). She then uses her to get back to LX. I don't see any motherly love from her so far, all I see is a woman who uses her children as tools to get what she wants.

@OsmanthusTea. I saw that too. I mentioned in a previous post. She used her daughter to get LX to accept her.  I don’t think Little Orange ( WHY DOES EVERYONE CALL HER THAT??)  knows what happened to her sister or know of her existence. I don’t think this woman should be in their life because by nature she can poison her grandkids from their mother by spoiling them. I don’t think highly of a woman like that. I also CT’s mom was also bias and treated her daughter better than the uncle which is one reason he was ready to abandon her. 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I just caught up with all the posts on the forum. Lots of interesting discussion about Chen Ting’s character @themarchioness@NiteWalker@OsmanthusTea@UnniSara@Lynne. My 2 cents on her character are below- bear with me because CT as a character just boils my blood. This turned out to be quite an essay.

I do not like CT at all. Not just as a mother but as a person. She is just a bad person from any angle that I can see. My sympathy for her grief lasted only about half an episode. It ended when she refused to apologize to their new neighbors who didn’t have any idea about how they lost their child & only made the mistake of welcoming them with some nuts. Yes, it was a trigger point for their family but does it give her the right to be unnecessarily rude to her new neighbors. Not only was she wrong in refusing to apologize, she was teaching LX the same thing. This incident just told me that she was a plain bad person.

CT has always been selfish & most of all entitled. Her victimizing herself in all situations is like the sound of nails scratching the blackboard to my ears. The death of their daughter was an accident which happened when she locked up both her kids to go play Mahjong. I don’t think that this was a single incident of leaving the kids on their own. From her talk with LX when Little Orange was admitted in the hospital, it became clear that LX was the one who usually took care of his sister. Her daughter’s death caused a whole lot of guilt in her but she did not handle it well at all because she being a selfish person couldn’t accept her own role in the daughter’s death. She literally erased the existence of her daughter in the family’s life just to avoid the guilt & blame. It saddens me that I can’t even write LX’s sister’s name because CT never allowed her family to grieve her healthily. Correct me if I am wrong & have missed LX’s sister’s name being mentioned in the show.

Only her grief mattered to her. She could not understand the grief & guilt that her husband & son were feeling as well. I think Ling Heping was very tolerant & supportive of her during the time. He never blamed her, silently listened when she blamed him for his absence, took her beatings & recriminations, even ignored her neglect of LX because she required to vent her grief. His patience broke & he struck back only when she crossed her limit by blaming LX for causing his sister’s death & beating him. He could tolerate that she blames him but he could not allow her to blame LX who was already suffering under his own guilt. And what was her reaction for not being allowed to have her own way for once- she left the family leaving her only living child behind. If it would have been any normal person, the last confrontation would have actually been a wake up call to clean up their act but the selfish woman only saw it as her husband blaming her & walked away.

In the intervening 9 years, just as Ling Ba & LX moved on & made a new family, CT also completely moved on & made a new family of her own. I could have given her the benefit of doubt if she had somehow kept in touch with LX during these years- calling him or visiting him once in a while. But she actually didn’t keep in touch personally. Any info about her was received via LX’s grandmother. I couldn’t believe her guts to come back one fine day & expecting LX to play happy family with her new family after one lousy self-centered apology. She didn’t even have the decency of giving him notice. I don’t understand why she told Little Orange all great things about LX & made her believe that he would be her brother happily without even talking to LX first.

All her talks with LX about his previous sister & new sister only triggered LX’s trauma. But the selfish woman still couldn’t see beyond herself even after LX’s repeated refusal. Her sense of entitlement that she deserves the love & respect of a mother without being bothered to act like a mother to LX really pissed me off. She believes that she is the center of the world & everyone should act according to her wishes. She is a people user- she used Little Orange as a replacement for her dead daughter, used her to lure & reel in LX. But she was underestimating the love LX had for his own family, especially, LJJ. She failed in her attempt to take LX away with her to her own family who was rich.

CT’s relationship with her own family was also not good. Her mom constantly berated her, her brother refused to take care of her after her accident, her in-laws also refused to take care of her. This only tells me one thing that CT herself was the problem, because if not, at least her own brother would love her unconditionally. There is also a glaring lack of friends in her life. She is her own favorite & everybody else is not good enough in her eyes.

I agree that losing her husband & becoming an invalid is one of the worst things that could have happened to her. Such people tend to be suicidal & refuse treatment but people always push through because of their loved one’s support. She got that support from LX who left his own family behind to take care of her, bore all her temper tantrums & physical & emotional assaults, took care of his sister, still completed his studies in the field of medicine & became a successful dentist. He is an ideal son that she can’t let go of.

CT as always only thinks about herself not giving a thought to LX’s own wishes. LX did not take care of her because he had unconditional love for his mother- he only did so because there were no other viable options for her & he is a decent human being who was raised by his own family. He already felt responsible for the death of his own little sister, he did not want to be responsible for his mother’s. He also would have feared that little orange would get the same behavior that he received from CT in childhood. That is why he made the difficult choice of leaving behind his family, especially LJJ, to become a care giver with the hope that he would be able to return once she gets better. He suffered through all the emotional & physical trauma. But CT still refuses to believe that LX has his own separate family that he yearns for & with whom he wishes to spend his entire life.

CT refuses to let LX leave hence he has to lie that he is only visiting China for a holiday. Still she continues to literally harass him through calls & messages, giving him reminders that she is waiting for him. When he returns back to Singapore to inform her that he would be living with his own family she tries to emotionally blackmail him into staying. But it doesn’t work & even little orange is on LX’s side. So, she temporarily lets him leave. But we all know that she is not one to give up. She frequently calls him to ask about things that she can easily find out herself just to remind him that she is a part of his life. She would have already planned to come back to China once LX had refused to stay in Singapore & was just biding her time. Now she is once again going to come back in his life without informing him first because she knows he doesn’t want a close relationship with her.

CT will definitely try to cause trouble for LX & LJJ relationship. I think she believes that LJJ is the reason why she keeps losing LX & not because of her own behaviour. So, she will for sure give it her best shot. But LX is not a little lonely kid anymore. He has the support of his 2 dads, ZQ & most of all LJJ. LJJ’s love for him is his strength & he will not give it up for anything. LJJ herself is also no damsel in distress. She always gives it back to people who try to harm her family since childhood. She is not going to be a mere spectator while CT tries to emotionally manipulate LX.

As to LX’s resolution with CT, I for one do not want any fairy tale reconciliation between them. This woman refuses to grow up & has never changed one day in her life. I do not believe she is going to have a change of heart now. The best thing that could happen is that LX breaks off his ties with her. They can at the most have a once in a while courtesy call relationship. Little orange I believe can still build on her relationship with LX & continue to be a part of his life. I would forever love this show if the show is brave enough to show the bitter truth that some biological relationships are really toxic  and it is okay if we break off such relationships. That would be one hell of a high note to end the show & also reiterate the philosophy of loving oneself & cherishing the family ties that are not necessarily blood related.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
58 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Ugh, CT and FXX hangin’ out is like the worst combo ever.

more than worst!!!!!!!!!! that FXX need to wake UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that girl is a backstabbing person!!!

5 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I have enough patient to watch Chen Ting destroy herself and her own family

i dont have the patient....im going to wait till wednesday ..... i dont want to see that woman!

• Like 2
On 8/31/2020 at 8:02 AM, Mouse said:

To be the primary caregiver at such a young age, amidst being away from home, starting college, taking care of little orange, and then also dealing with her suicide attempts .... you can understand why it took such a toll on him. 

yes a doctor once remind us to take care of my auntie too....who happen to be the main care-taker of my uncle who was involved in an accident.....

he said that as much as the patient need care.....the caretaker need it too

• Like 2

HAHAHHAHA.... @NiteWalker @themarchioness I think you guys have hear my rant enough but let me repeat it once again.. and I won't say anything after this. 

While I think Ling Xiao need to face his demon, I hope it would be over soon for HIS and OUR sake ...

because  UGH UGH UGH.......... I cannot stand Chen Ting...... she makes my skin crawlsss.... how she speaks makes people so uncomfortable and so calculating... She likes to play her emotional game.

I cannooottt, I cannot stand her and her insecurity........ 

I think Ling xiao understand CT enough to be wary of her... Its like he can’t turn around at all because she might do something unsightly. He's been putting his guards up whenever she appears.. really... no wonder he became more and more silent.... This kind of situation can really make one to become paranoid. 

While JJ can helps LX to be calmer... LX really do need to face CT and really really let her know how she has hurt him.... her toxicity, her insecurity has caused enough damage.... 

I sincerely,sincerely, sincerely, sincerely, sincerely, sincerely, sincerely, sincerely,  hope Chen Ting's toxicity would stop in tonight's episode.... Please NO MORE.... LOL

Ps

Feng xixi coffee scammer GO AWAY..... HAHAHAHA... (I dunno why whenever I see FXX it always reminded me of the tweet that pointed that she scammed LX of a cup of coffee hahaa)

Anyway.. there's also lots of good story outside of CT... 

You know.. I cried.. when HM and aunty met... and talk.. they have a hard life... I remember my mom used to tell me the stories when she was young... back then.. farming / gardening is the only way for the family to make a living... its not easy.. my grandfather passed away when she was 8, she have 10 siblings... having lots of mouth to feed... and they can only rely on their own...who am i to judge them for the choices or lack of choices they had. 

All I can say is that life is not easy... and as we grow older.. its better to let go the past grievances and be happy with where we are today... 

Ming Yue and Tang Can are at the crossroad of their lives.. Sigh.... I think MY will definitely go to Beijing.. 

The family time are hilarious and cuteeee... ahhh.... I miss the banter... 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Adding a little about my thought on Ling xiao...

I think Ling Xiao is prepared and doesn't really need CT approval in whatever decision he makes in his life - ie Jianjian, his work etc. 

LX and JJ are a unit now.. and they would remain so regardless of CT's consent.

I think what everyone - me, Li papa, Ling papa and LX extended family is worrying about is that CT would make problem for Ling xiao because she is emotionally unbalanced. That alone is enough for everyone to be concerned. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

no matter what happen......i'm glad the trio is back together....they will WEATHER this together

So true.  I was telling @Lynne earlier that in that scene when JJ crawls into LX’s bed to offer comfort, I was actually hoping ZQ would suddenly pop up from the floor. Kind of like a mirrored scene to when they were kids.  I guess he’s busy with his own concerns right now but it would’ve been a precious (and hilarious) throwback. 😝

• Haha 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

22 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

So true.  I was telling @Lynne earlier that in that scene when JJ crawls into LX’s bed to offer comfort, I was actually hoping ZQ would suddenly pop up from the floor. Kind of like a mirrored scene to when they were kids.  I guess he’s busy with his own concerns right now but it would’ve been a precious (and hilarious) throwback. 😝

u know if ZQ craw up and hug JJ in the bed, LX first reaction is not mental breakdown, his first reaction will be kick ZQ off the bed onto the floor....

this times it wont be ZQ and LX on the bed and JJ on the ground....

this times it will be ZQ on the ground and LX and JJ on the bed

:SquirtleSquadCool:

• Haha 1