Go Ahead 以家人之名 [2020]

22 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I agree that LJJ is right in pointing out some home truths to TC. TC says time & again that she has given up her acting career but she is still acting in her current self made online business which is not even earning her enough income. LJJ's problem is not with her choosing acting as a profession but with TC not taking it seriously enough with all her dedication. If TC chooses to dedicate herself full time to acting then LJJ & QM are both ready to support her. But as explained by TC after so much failure even their support feels like a burden to her. This is a problem which only TC can resolve by mentally overcoming her failures.

yes......she has given up however there is something in inner her that actually love acting....

her problem is that while she is aloud or all that.....she hasnt really recover from her ruins and to stand up again and to fight off the demons....if she is not willing to face the demon of her initial failure that is cause by her mother, there will be no way she succeed.

she felt the burden of her friends support because she is looking down on herself...what ever she sprouting right now, didnt come from others however it was what she felt about herself

JianJian is on point when she told her.....she is herself own enemy and no others....

• Like 2

personal thought as im watching it tonight.....

they really keep the drama tempo....for the first the tempo werent too boring....and they cover most of the grounds....

we had always been curious whether the fall JianJian took was accident or intentional and cause by someone....at a point

@UnniSara and me had also thought it might be MingYue.....and then we say....nah....she isnt that bad.....that is a crime....and then ZiQiu thought it was his father prank which i firmly said most probably no....

it ended up to be none of those 2 however it was a fall JianJian took by herself and @UnniSara u got it right when u say

"Girl you shouldnt be hoping like that or you end up flat on your face"

hahahaha sometimes i guess things are really just as simple as that......

• Like 3

Random Thoughts after watching today's episodes:

- Who would've imagined that out of all the moms, I'd end up liking the one who abandoned her son at the beginning the most?  He Mei makes the other moms look like a saint, and that includes TC and MY's moms.  (I suppose I don't really have anything against ZB's mom, but I'm mainly comparing the moms of the siblings and the roommates.  JJ's mother doesn't count.)

- After watching MY and JJ's talk at the coffee shop, why did I get this feeling that maybe the end of MY's story will be that she leaves for Beijing?  Argh.  I so want her for ZQ.  LOL.  I mean, I'd be happy if ZQ's ending was that he reunited with his mom and finally accepted that he didn't owe JJ's family anything because he belonged to them, but I can't help but want that and a romance for his end.  *greedy viewer*  

- I'm glad LX and ZQ's secrets from the past 9 years are starting to be revealed and look forward to the rest... these are wounds that rather than letting them fester, need to be opened so they can be treated and healed.  

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 4

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

I love this: 

Seven Tan Songyun (谭松韵) reportedly didn’t want to take on “Li Jianjian” because she had reservations about portraying a 16 year old. She supposedly said at an event that she really liked the character, but seeing that she had to be Song Weilong (宋威龙) and Steven Zhang’s younger sister, she felt a lot of pressure. So in the beginning, she put forth several harsh conditions hoping the production crew would reject her. However, the director of the series was very earnest and continued to persuade her. They even got Steven Zhang calling her and he said he really wanted to collaborate with her. She mentioned that Steven Zhang ended up treating her to hotpot on the film set everyday.

Source: https://38jiejie.com/2020/08/27/5-things-about-steven-zhang-xincheng-that-makes-you-want-to-stan-him/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

11 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

@themarchioness so now we know damns well why the hell they have hotpot in all those scenes hahhahaha

Lol. Wellllll to be fair, it wouldn’t be a Cdrama without a hotpot scene (or two or three).  And if there’s no hotpot restaurant, well, we know they’ll just show us instant hotpots instead.  (Right, @Lynne?) 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

I have to prepare for a meeting later today.. but I just wanted to comment a little about last nights episode..  wow!!! the writing..... is really something... the plot is tight.. and since episodes ago we've already been given hints of things that happen in the past... and right now.. its time to connect all the puzzle... on ZiQiu and Ling Xiao's life these past 9 years.

Jianjian's weibo post explode and now everyone knows.... 

These past few episodes I was lulled a little with LX-JJ cuteness that LX's problem was in the backburner.. but Ep 26 really put his problem in the front again...  His words of drowning etc.. took us back to the book he shows to Jianjian before..  sigh....................

ZiQiu's feeling left out when he knows that LX and JJ have a relationship, and then his store's problem makes him feeling even worse... Sigh......................... 

Everyone are struggling right now... including Jianjian because she's caught in the middle.. 

Nice acting by everyone. 

Will talk more later tonight... 

Ps. I know that ZQ-LX will be fine later.. Eventho they don't show it that much... they are friends from childhood... it will work out in the end... its just things are raw right now.. 

Love the girlfriends..... 

Lasty, to that Senior sister's TRASH BF... GO JUMP TO THE SEA!!!!!!! 

to Feng Xixi Coffee Scammer... GO AWAY!!! 

Hahaahha.. that's it for me... 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lynne said:

Ps. I know that ZQ-LX will be fine later.. Eventho they don't show it that much... they are friends from childhood... it will work out in the end... its just things are raw right now.. 

They will, they will.  They're just going through what JJ and MY recently went through, but similar to the girls, ZQ and LX are brothers and they will work through this.  ZQ's upset has more to do with the shock of finding out and feeling rejected - again.  When he calms down and can be rational again, he'll realize there's enough love for everybody and JJ and LX being together doesn't mean that he's being excluded.  Still, I know, it is heart aching to watch them have to go through these rough times.  

But, I bet the minute anybody else appeared to disturb their lives, JJ, LX, and ZQ would be lined up, shoulder to shoulder, ready to do battle together, irrespective of whatever else was going on between them.  That's how tight they are!

I also like the pacing in the this story and how tightly woven it is written -- even for the side characters!  Sometimes in Cdramas when side characters get their own story, it's like the drama takes a detour to address them and then everyone gets dragged down.  Here, however, everything relates back to the broader story and so I find myself just as interested in the side characters as the main ones.  I mean, who knew, even Dong Dong (ZQ's younger half brother) would become a point of interest?  But now I'm totally curious as to what the drama has in store for him and He Mei.  (Will Papa Li have to roll up his sleeves and provide help there, too???)

@Lodestar, re: your comments on how netizens are up in arms over the romantic developments in this drama, I totally agree.  I don't think there's anything remotely weird, uncomfortable, or squicky about what has transpired between the siblings.  Plus, the writing was on the wall from the minute those three entered their high school years -- didn't we all pick up on the OTP romance then?  And if we didn't, surely we should've been able to figure it out from the opening/end credits.  LOL.  I mean, if the netizens hadn't already figured it out already, well, I'm not sure what that says about their observational skills....

Anyway, like you said, it's not weird because for ZQ, his interest in JJ was never a romantic one.  He just got led astray by others, but JJ put him right back on path by pointing out that what he was really yearning for was the right to be on the same hukou as her and Papa Li, and for that, they have the hukou of their hearts.  As for LX, like you said, he might have been raised with JJ, but that doesn't mean he actually considered her to be a sister.  His feelings are definitely not fraternal!  JJ is, admittedly, the trickier one because she has grown up thinking of the two boys as her brothers.  And yet, we see how she has always treated them a little differently as well.  That's not to say that she loved ZQ any less or LX any more; rather, her behavior around each has always been a little bit different -- and that makes sense because with ZQ, he's purely a sibling and with LX, he's not.  Frankly, for me, Go Ahead doesn't even come remotely close to one of those dramas that revolve around the concepts of forbidden love and fauxcest.  Instead, I think JJ and LX are best understood as that kind of an OTP where they grew up side by side, as neighbors, and then later fell in love -- 青梅竹馬 (childhood sweethearts).

• Like 3

My Fanfics

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Lol. Wellllll to be fair, it wouldn’t be a Cdrama without a hotpot scene (or two or three).  And if there’s no hotpot restaurant, well, we know they’ll just show us instant hotpots instead.  (Right, @Lynne?) 🤣🤣🤣

you're reminding me of 'Gank Your Heart'

i even went to buy those instant one to have a taste hahahaha

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

you're reminding me of 'Gank Your Heart'

i even went to buy those instant one to have a taste hahahaha

Intentional. You know that drama is never far from my thoughts. 

And I did too! 😂

• Haha 1
  • Party! 1

My Fanfics

1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

we were talking about that right???

i remember how i couldnt get the right brand and go for 'Hai Di Lao' instead hahaha

however to be honest i still feel that the actual one is better

Haha, yeah, we did talk about it at the time. When I tried it I also had to try the HDL brand. The one in GYH wasn’t available.  The cooking part of it was fascinating, the flavors weren’t bad, but they weren’t great either. All in all, the overall experience was okay.  It wasn’t something I’d run out to buy again, but my friend told me that if we ever run across the brand promoted in GYH we still have to try it as she is also convinced it will be better. Haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My Fanfics

in the latest epi, LJJ basically tells TC the same thing that we have discussed- TC herself is her own enemy.

But I was pleasantly surprised by LJJ further telling TC that though they are friends & understand the reason for her anger & frustration, they are not her punching bag to take on all the blame. She too has her limits.

LJJ has always been capable of setting boundaries for things that she can’t bear. She doesn’t keep on suffering unnecessarily.

We have seen this when LX & ZQ left, she told them plainly that she was angry with them for their decision & went without talking or seeing them for months even though she herself also missed them.

So, I think the audience can be assured that she won’t be suffering silently if there is any conflict between her & LX & ZQ. She has always been able to take care of herself unlike the boys.

• Like 3

somehow as the stories progress and we are coming to an end by next week.....they didnt lost those drama tempo at all...and one thing i realize is that JianJian is the shining ray all of them wanted and to protect so that she can keep on shining and lead them the way.....at the same times she is also the float that both ZiQiu and LingXiao desperately grabbing for....

i find this picture fitting for JianJian aka Tan SongYun hahaha

:zzzz:

EgfGKA7UYAEhZyS?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

So, I think the audience can be assured that she won’t be suffering silently if there is any conflict between her & LX & ZQ. She has always been able to take care of herself unlike the boys.

I agree with this 100%.

The boys have always appeared on the surface to be taking care of JJ but she's shown herself to be a lot more resilient and flexible than either one of them. Granted, she doesn't have the same abandonment issues that the other two do because her mother didn't voluntarily leave her while the boys were both left behind by one/both of their parents. 

I'm really glad that the girls patched up their friendship though. It was nice to see the drama be realistic about feelings being hurt and all that but at the same time, not making them turn into enemies because of one little thing. 

• Like 4

MDL                  Currently Watching: Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Phikyl said:

I'm really glad that the girls patched up their friendship though. It was nice to see the drama be realistic about feelings being hurt and all that but at the same time, not making them turn into enemies because of one little thing. 

Same!  I actually really liked their two conversations - the one outside MY’s parents’ apartment building and then at the coffee shop - because I liked how realistic, honest, and raw they were, even if they weren’t happy scenes either.  I think the two conversations really drove home, though, how close MY and JJ are and why it was such a painful event for them both.  

Another conversation I enjoyed was the one between MY and LX when he apologized.  I’m really glad he did because I’ve always felt he was using her a little there, and that wasn’t fair to MY or her crush.   

• Like 3

My Fanfics

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Another conversation I enjoyed was the one between MY and LX when he apologized.  I’m really glad he did because I’ve always felt he was using her a little there, and that wasn’t fair to MY or her crush.

one thing im glad that he admitted to using her....

while we understand....MY ended getting hurt...however she admitted herself to CanTan that what she had was actually more like infatuation towards LingXiao and till today she didnt regret being infatuated with him

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Phikyl said:

I agree with this 100%.

The boys have always appeared on the surface to be taking care of JJ but she's shown herself to be a lot more resilient and flexible than either one of them. Granted, she doesn't have the same abandonment issues that the other two do because her mother didn't voluntarily leave her while the boys were both left behind by one/both of their parents. 

I really appreciate LJJ's character on the whole. She is not a typical goody-goody candy character as well. Though she lost her mother early, she & her dad became each others pillar. She was already a loved child. With addition of LX, ZQ & Ling Ba she really became the one who was loved the most. She was spoilt by all of them. They knew she was not good at studies but didn't force her to become a 1st grade student. They cultivated her interest in arts & encouraged her to do her own thing. Hardly any Asian households consider art to be a lucrative career option.  She hardly ever does any household chores. This is true even when she is a grown up living away from her parents. Her friends also fulfill the same role in her life as her family who spoilt her. So she is a bit of a spoilt, stubborn princess. 

However she has so much love & warmth to give that people are naturally attracted to her. She is not arrogant or haughty. She is a down to earth person. Once she loves you, then she loves you with all that she has. She is empathetic & provides the support & understanding that a loved one requires. She takes care of her own people too in her own way. That is why she is so loved & doted upon by everyone in her circle. For both the boys, she is literally the centre of their universe. She was the one who made them feel safe & at home when they were abandoned 7 hurt by their parents. So she is more important to them. Hence they always want to protect & take care of her. Their lives are also literally planned with her kept in forefront- LX became a dentist so that she doesn't have to get scared while going for her treatment while ZQ became a dessert chef so that he can cook & make her eat all the sweets that she wants in the world. So she is definitely the most emotionally, mentally stable & independent out of the three kids.

I really love the friendship amongst the girls. Yes, they get hurt & hurt back each other but they resolve their issues. They may fight each other but they will stand up for each other against others even when they are fighting. They talk candidly & sort out the hurt & misunderstanding. Bless this sisterhood. I am also glad that the story treats QM & TC as their own character with their own plotlines. They are not the usual drama bestfriends that are only their either to turn into a villain or to just support their best friend. Also their stories are interwoven with the main characters so well that we are interested in them & do not feel that watching their individual storyline is a drag.

Kudos to the writing team for managing that almost impossible feat!!   

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

As much as they are arguing now, they will get back together.... LingXiao & ZiQiu will not let the triangle deter them, and JianJian will balance the scales in between them again....

cr: SongYun's Camera

I think people really underestimate the bond between LX & ZQ. They believe that because their main concern & person of interest is LJJ, they are only bonded through LJJ & without her their bond will dissolve. Yes- LJJ is the core of this trio bond but LX & ZQ have their own understated bond themselves. They have this silent understanding about each other which shines through from their subtle actions towards each other. Just because they are not paly-paly with each other, doesn't mean that their bond is weak.

With LJJ, they trust each other the most. Hence, they wanted to give each other the responsibility to each other of looking after LJJ when they planned to go abroad. That was the reason for their brawl- both would not be present to take care of LJJ in each other's absence. They parted on such a note, but when they met again they were back to their sarcastic rejoinders, confiding in each other & planning with each other. They did not hold any grudge. 

LX is always the one who understands when ZQ is feeling overwhelmed with his feelings. He tries to provide comfort by doing subtle acts like filling ZQ's bowl with food when ZQ is filling up the bowls for others, giving him the choicest meat, diverting attention to other things. He was the one who asked LJJ not to pay for ZQ because he knew that ZQ would be hurt by LJJ's financial help. When Li Ba told ZQ about meeting his mom, LX understood that even though ZQ was saying that he didn't want to meet her if she is not interested, he did want to meet her. That is why he gave him the excuse of ZQ going to meet her to tell her that he wants to have no further relationship with her.

ZQ also understands LX & supports him in his own way. He understands how his mom & step sister affect LX & always tries to make LJJ understand LX's pov. He makes the extra effort to bring LX's fav breakfast for him when he knows that LX is upset because of his mom's return. After his return he reaches out to LX to make plans to reconcile with LJJ. He vents out his frustration the most with LX. He knows that LX will never reveal his secrets. He is ZQ's secret keeper.

Yes- they will have issue & argue when both find out their romantic interest in LJJ but they will not break their bond because of that. Their bond is not that fragile. They will talk it out, with or without LJJ's intervention & make peace with each other & get back to their sarcastic back & forth. I have faith in the characters & writers to maintain this brotherly bond. 

I am seeing a lot of hate for LX in SM because of their argument. I just hope that they are ready to take back their nasty comments when ZQ himself does not show such grudge & hate for LX in the actual story. 

Edited by NiteWalker
Mod Edit: Do not Quote Media
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I am seeing a lot of hate for LX in SM because of their argument. I just hope that they are ready to take back their nasty comments when ZQ himself does not show such grudge & hate for LX in the actual story.

actually both brothers came with scars, they broke and mend again however they have scars all over and no one really notice them....

i saw alot of hate directed at LingXiao too....

what a lot of ppl forgotten is that when you're in the mist of anger and arguments one tends to said alot of rubbish that intend to hurt....just look at MY and JJ when they argued, MY said alot of hurtful things, however when she calm down enough she knew what she said were wrong.....

alot of ppl see things at surface and dont dwell deeper, like how one will easily misinterpret that LingXiao might have the easier way out with ChenTing and ZiQiu with Zhao HuaGuang, unfortunately no...

both actually suffer at the hands of their own blood father and mother, they didnt have a better life at Singapore or England, both suffer equally just in different format....

ZiQiu suffer physically because Zhao HuaGuang cut him off financially to make him obedient and also to bend ZiQiu into listening to him

LingXiao suffer mentally and might have some physical damaged too...which im pretty sure that the shoulder scars is actually cause by ChenTing and not as what he said an accident....

• Like 2